CH1-2 Helping With Police enquiries (ALL)

Moderator: ghill

royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Re: IC - CH1 - Helping With Police enquiries

Post by royya »

Being not ready, agitated Jacob cannot keep his nervs down so his arguments are not that good.

2 Persuade rolls. (54%) (1d100=84, 1d100=56)
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by ghill »

The clearly harrassed police sargeant looks at Jacob "Sir, this is a large scale terrorist event, we've made 11 arrests and we've got over 80 people here assisting with our enquiries. Now I'm sure a gentleman such as yourself will understand that while procedure is not being carried out in a normal manner we are carrying out procedure. So if you want to help you can hand these out He offers Jacob a sheaf of papers which jacob can see are a printed statement of arrestees rights. As soon as everything is settled down and the detectives are ready to interview you we'll let you know. As for your health, I'll talk to the Police Doctor, but he is busy wth the girl at the moment.

The police sargeant looks at Greg to see if he has anything to add.
OOC: Jacob/Greg,Psychology rolls please.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Invisible castle is acting up and cannot give me a roll of the dice. Please feel free to roll for me, or it will have to wait.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Greg is unable to make any further headway than Jacob in persuading the police sargeant to speed things up. But when he presses the Sargeant to get the Police Doctor to have a look at everyone, he has some success. At first the sargeant is unimpressed, he suggests neither Greg or Jacob look either particularly hot or dehydrated. However, he does look concerned when Greg suggests the symptoms may be caused by some kind of biological agent. Look sir, I'll talk to the Police doctor and ask him to come and giver everyone the once over but it will have to waite until he's finished with the girl.
OOC: Greg,[b]Psychology 12[/b] When the Police sargeant talks about the police doctor examining the girl there is a distinct look of distaste crosses his face, Greg has seen this expression before when laymen are forced to describe particularly unpleasant wounds to a doctor. [b]Persuade 85[/b] Greg failed to impress upon the Sargeant the need to speed things up. [b]Persuade 55[/b] He succeeds in the Persuading the sargeant of the need of a proper medical examination but only just. [b]Medicine 19[/b] He notes the Sargeant is correct, neither he nor Jacob seem to be exhibiting the symptoms they were 5 - 10 minutes ago. This is very uncharicteristic.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg finds it peculiar that they had managed to overcome dehydration effects so quickly, but shook his head and just filed it away for now. "Listen, officer... I don't mean to tell you your job, but you said yourself that you're not following any specific protocol due to the nature of the circumstance. I understand that we are all seen in a suspicious light right now, but perhaps your doctor could use some help with the girl? If it would speed him up to get him to check these fine people out for what could be life-threatening agents if they are not treated immediately, I think everybody would win from my cooperation. You have my ID in my carry-on luggage. You can check and verify that I am indeed a doctor. What do you think?"
ooc,So the dehydration seemed to coincide with the mystery girl's passing by?
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Psychology roll (1d100=88)

Jacob is not satisfy with the answers given to him by the sergeant but decides not to push it.
He turns to Greg and adds.
Maybe we can see the girl, you can give her some medical care and I, as a lawyer, can insist on giving her Legal representation.

He takes Greg to the side and whisper
Greg,[b]Now, I don't want to be sound weird or anything but something is wrong with the time. Could be my nerves because of the situation but I lost a sense of time. There is a gap of events in my memory of what happened earlier, and then I saw a man smoking a cigarette and it burned so quickly … something is wrong here.[/b]
OOC,Can we pop in by *mistake* to the lounge bedroom where the girl is?
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

"No Sir, what I said was we are following procedure, just not in the normal manner, the normal manner would mean I brief you and then lock you up in a cell on your own." The sargeant cocks his head as though asking Greg if that is what he wants. "Now as for your generous offer to help with the girl, thankyou but no thankyou. You have been arrested on suspicion of a terrorist act and until the detectives say otherwise you are a suspect and not supposed to talk to anyone else, wether in a medical capacity or otherwise. I will inform the Police Doctor of your concerns right away. Now if you'll excuse me." The Sargeant turns away from Jacob and Greg and then glancing at his clipboard. "Mr Clayton Kelly, Miss Elizabeth Penhaligon, can you both make yourself known to the constables." The Sargeant indicates two constables standing at the end of the row of chairs.
OOC: Jacob,I think someone perhaps Greg's player ImpInTraining has already asked a similar question. The problem is you only know she is in one of four rooms, along a short dead end corridor at the far end of the lounge. This corridor has a police constable at the end and the sargeants desk is right next to his post. So you'll need a more deliberate plan than just wandering in and the consequencces of being caught for a solicitor would be disastrous - actually they'd be pretty bad for anyone.
OOC: Greg,If Greg gives the matter some thought, then he realises he was displaying some symptoms when he was arrested by the police and these symptoms were already lessening by the time he got to the lounge.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg shrugged to the sergeant, "As you wish. Just trying to be helpful, and it is actually against my Hippocratic oath to sit by and let people be ill around me without trying to do something to help them." That was stretching that a bit, Greg knew. But he was hoping the sergeant didn't know any better. "I would like to have an opportunity to make a phone call sometime within the next couple hours please. I have some people who need to know I won't be on my flight. No big rush... it's a long flight."

He turned about and started back for his seat, speaking quietly to Jacob with his back to the police, "I think the experience with the girl had some bizarre after-effects, but my fear of these being some sort of symptoms of an illness is waning. For the life of me, I can't think of a natural cause for these symptoms." He shook his head slowly, "I feel we may never know the whole story here. And perhaps it's for the best. Just sit down, relax, and try not to be seen as a 'problem' or things could be much worse for us. I don't know how things are here in England, but in the US, they can almost do anything they want under the justification that they thought we were terrorists with no fear of reprisal."

The doctor found his seat and sat down, looking around to see if everyone was starting to feel better... and he was happy to see they were. The problem seemed to be fixing itself quite nicely with no help from him.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Getting no conversation from Liz, the tall dark haired woman who had been so vocal when she's been brought in by the mystery girl looked over at Greg and gave him a sympathetic smile. "Don't worry dearie,likely they're just panicking because this little girl gets onto the plane without anyone stopping her. They can bluster all they like, and they can make life very difficult I'm sure but in the end what are they going to do?" She shrugs. Now did I hear correctly, did you say you were a doctor?
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg nodded to the Greek Woman, "Yes I am. What's on your mind?" he asks her in return.
Last edited by ImpInTraining on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The woman leans over towards Greg conspiratorially "Its a bit unussual Dr, I know I'm a woman of a certain age so I'm used to hot flushes but I had a blackouts, a whole missing chunk of time, that can't be ussual."
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Everyone who interacted with that woman had a blackout, ma'am. It's not just you. I had one too," Greg responded. "And I'm afraid none of us are going to remember what we did during those sparse minutes before it's our turn to be questioned." He looked over at the officers and commented, "Chances are, they have it on tape and will be happy to show us when they're ready to."

Looking back to Greek Woman, he says "My name's Greg. What's yours?"
Last edited by ImpInTraining on Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

"Everyone who interacted with that woman had a blackout, ma'am. It's not just you. I had one too," Greg responded. "And I'm afraid none of us are going to remember what we did during those sparse minutes before it's our turn to be questioned." He looked over at the officers and commented, "Chances are, they have it on tape and will be happy to show us when they're ready to."

Looking back to Greek Woman, he says "My name's Greg. What's yours?"
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

Clayton speaks up after having finished his drink and snack. "Name's Clay, yea blacked out and don't remember a thing. Some kind of witchcraft or something going on."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'm [b]Liz[/b]. It's the Greek woman that's talking to [b]Greg[/b].

Liz drains the last of her tea, puts down the empty cup, and approaches the two constables. "Hullo," she says. "I'm Liz Penhaligon."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob grunts and takes a sit next to Greg, The doctor got a point – the last thing Jacob wants is to be a spot light for problems over here. His eyes follow the man called Clayton and the woman named Liz as they approach the constables while his ears listen to what the Greek woman has to say to Greg.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

ooc,Clarifying: I think Clay is talking to Greg - or rather... openly to the group that is discussing quietly in the corner while Liz is distracting the constables. I've corrected my earlier messages changing "Liz" to "the Greek woman" for lack of a better name.
"Hi Clay. Witchcraft... heh. Well, it's as good as anything I can think of," Greg says with an uncomfortable smile. "I wonder just how far the doctor intends on getting with that woman if she could do what she did to all of us."
BenTheRat
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by BenTheRat »

"But that stuff isn't real, is it?" Clay sounds a bit out of his comfort zone. "I mean I've played enough vid games and seen the Potter movies, but I've never really seen anything for real. This is just too weird."
Call of Cthulhu
Arkham Horror
Cthulhu Wars
The Rat's Haunting
A Star on the Shore
A Dream of Japan
Watch the World Burn
Shadows over Dunwich
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg didn't respond, he merely shrugged. If it was real, he had no first hand knowledge of it.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Liz now goes to Police Interview - Liz

Assuming Clayton answers the Police calling his name he goes to Police Interview - Clayton

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”