A placeholder for when we're all ready.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: IC - CH1 - Heathrow Departures - Liz Penhaligon only

Post by ghill »

April 8 - 08:30 Heathrow Departures

Standing in the ticket hall of Heathrow Terminal 2 Departures, Liz realises she has made a wrong turn somewhere in the huge airport's endless grey hallways. Even at this early hour long lines of travellers snake through tensa-barriers, trying not to attract the attention of the Armed Police passing through the hall.

Tired from her early flight and concious she's looking and feeling a bit "travelled in" Liz tries to stand out of the way of the slowly shuffling crowds, while she decides what to do next.

Just across the passageway a young female barrista clearing tables smiles and gestures to a seat.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz gratefully slides into the seat and returns the barrista's smile. She doesn't like coffee, but a good cup of tea would hit the spot right about now and clear the cobwebs from her mind. "Cheers!" she says. She gives her a goofy grin, imitating Captain Jean-Luc Picard from Star Trek: The Next Generation. "Tea. Earl Grey. Hot." She fishes out some coins from her change purse to pay for the tea. While she waits for her order to be filled, she takes her laptop out of her carrying case and boots it up. She had been unable to get online during the flight back from Paris, and it had felt to her like losing one of her senses. She needs to update her status and find out what's going on.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

April 8 - 08:35 Costa Coffees, Heathrow Departures

The Barrista smiles back clearly not getting the reference "Early Grey, no problem" she gives the order to one of her collegues behind the counter then continues the task of wiping down tables. A few minutes later she returns with a steaming cup of water and a teabag of Earl Grey, seeing Liz set up her laptop she then brings over a card with the details of the local free wireless.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Ta," says Liz, dipping the teabag in the water and letting it steep. The instructions on the card are second nature to her, and she breezes through connecting to the wireless network. It shouldn't be too hard to get back on track, she thinks. I'll just follow the signs to the Tube and take the Piccadilly Line into London proper for four quid. I'll drop in on Mum and Pop, who I'm sure will be pleased to see me and will want to hear all about Paris. I can spend some time in town before heading back to Uni.

When Liz connects and her browser comes up, she logs on to Twitter first. "Just got back to Blighty. Had a fab time in Paris!" she tweets. Then she goes onto Facebook to update her status.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

April 08 - 0845

Liz has hardly finished her update when the first of her friends start commenting, someone has just posted a request for pics, when Liz feels someone tug at her sleeve. Liz hardly has a moment to wonder what is going on when a young girl's face suddenly pops into her field of view.

Liz has only a few moments to take in the girls pretty face the long dark hair and the eyes, oh my god the eyes, like furnaces, something behind them burning so, so hot.
OOC,a contested POW roll. Post the results only please.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3149080/]POW vs. POW roll (POW 14 vs. ?) (1d100=41)[/url]
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC:,In the short moments of awareness she has Liz feels she'd fall to her knees with the pain if she weren't already seated. The sensation of being on fire is overpowering, something burning is trying to climb through her eyes and into her head. The sensation is mercifully short then she falls into oblivion.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

With a shock Liz realises she is no longer seated and someone is shouting at her, looking around her she realises she is now standing by the passport security desk and people are rapidly moving away from her. The only exception is the Passport control officer and he is standing behind his little desk with his hands raised above his head. Seeing Liz look at him he points accusingly at her "It was her! Not me, I didn't do anything. She tried to go through, I stopped her! I stopped her!" From behind her another voice, this one calm and authorative. "I dont care at the moment mate. Miss, miss can you hear me? I need you to turn around with your hands raised above your head, palms opened outwards so I can see you have nothing in them. Miss, if you can hear me, I need you to do that right now!"
And...,A SAN check please
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz blinks, startled but not panicked. She does as she is told, slowly turning around and raising her arms with her palms open outwards. "What the bloody hell is going on?" she asks, a confused expression on her face.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Turning around Liz sees four armed policemen. The oldest of the four holsters his pistol then swiftly searches her. Search completed he gestures her to put her arms down. "OK love I don't think your a threat, so it can go one of two ways you can either assist us in our enquiries in which case you come with us and help us sort things out or I can arrest you under the Terrorosm Act 2006. Its entirely your choice? Oh and as to what the hell is going on, I reckon you have a better idea than I do frankly."

Behind her the Border Control Officer continue to rant "It was her! Not me, I haven't done anything. It was her, she tried to go through, I stopped her! I stopped her!" The police officer who has just searched him puts a hand on his shoulder and asks him to calm down, but finally he and a colleague put the man in a restraint and then put the cuffs on him.

Liz watches as the man is lead away, now clearly in tears "It was her, it was her, why wont you believe me."
OOC:,Assuming Liz agrees to assist the police she is lead through the ticket hall and then via some service corridors to what appears to be a Bussiness Class lounge. Liz now goes to [url=http://www.callofcthulhu.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=192&t=2661]Helping with Police enquiries.[/url] If Liz doesn't agree then She's arrested and then led off to the same place this time in handcuffs.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Of course I'll help," says Liz, going along. "I'm not sure how much help I can be, but I'll do my best."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper