CH1-15 Home Invasion.

Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Re: IC - CH1 - Home Invasion.

Post by ghill »

Looking at the Kitchen cabinet again Greg realises he can see a catch which once released allows the entire cabinet to swing away from the wall to reveal a set of steps leading downwards. From the top of the stairs Greg can hear girls panicked voices. Its hard to see the bottom of the stairs which are illuminated by some kind of child's night light.
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg rushes down the stairs more concerned about saving the lives of others than his own.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I think I can slide him down the stairs by myself," says Liz to Jacob. "Just keep the flames at bay, and make your own way down if you can. If you can't, I'll have to come back for you." She grunts as she tries to carefully drag Clay down the stairs. "You need to lose some weight, mate."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by royya »

Jacob nods and begins to jump on one leg as he brace himself on the stairs rail. When he passes by the woman downstairs, he kneels beside her to check her for signs of life, any tattoos and any items she might carry. If she have signs of conscious, he will slam the pistol into her head with heavy heart.
His party did a crime over here and the house must burn to ashes with the bodies. Jacob still does not believe he is part of this, but thinking about the situation, who ever believed about tattoos that spring to life and zombies … Jacob shakes his head to clear the thoughts and continue forward.
Last edited by royya on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Liz starts to drag Clay down the stairs conscious of the horrible smell of burn hair and meat and the sound of his feet banging against the stairs every few steps.
OOC: Jacob,royya, Jacob needs to make a [b]CON[/b] roll [u]every time[/u] he moves. if he fails then while he can move down the stairs he'll do so shuffling down on his backside. I intentionally haven't mentioned HP's at the moment, but if its not clear Jacob is dying from blood loss. At this point on top of all the pain from his leg Jacob will be feeling nauseous, his vision will be becoming increasingly blurred, he may even pass out momentarily. Doing ten steps in one go without sitting down is going to be an achievement. Beating the woman unconscious is probably beyond him at the moment
At the bottom of the steps Greg finds a light weight door clearly designed to sound proof the room behind it, through the crack in the door can see a brightly lit room. The room is unlike the rest of the house in as much as its nicely furnished (expensively so - plasma screen TV, Xbox 360/Play Station stereo, leather couches) and decorated "teen girl" there three young girls in the room two smaller children (Greg estimates 9-11) and a teen who is ushering the younger back towards bedrooms doors.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz wrinkles her nose and keeps dragging Clay down to the ground floor. "Not sure what I'll do once I get you to the bottom," she says to the unconscious youth. "I won't have an assist from gravity after that, and there's no way I can carry you by myself."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay seems to murmer something although wether this in response to Liz's voice or to being moved down the stairs is not clear.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Re: CH1-15 Home Invasion.

Post by royya »

Con check (1d100=59) - Fail

Jacob leg fails and he stumbles forward while he shouts "GREG!!"
The Rabbi slams on the stairs and roll over to the bottom.
"Oh...god., Greg!, Help me".... "Liz..."
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Jacob stumbles downstairs past the slower moving Liz, looking at the man she can see his face is pale and sweaty his leg soaked with blood. As she watches she thinks he actually passes out for a moment.
Both Jacob and Liz wind up at the bottom of the stairs next to the woman who is now clearly dead.
OOC: Greg,Greg needs to make a [b]Listen[/b] roll to hear Jacob's pleas for help.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oof," mutters Liz, picking herself up off of the floor. "Oh, bloody hell." She gasps when she sees the state Jacob is in, and Greg is nowhere to be seen. "Medic!" she calls. She does what she can for Jacob, but she's absolutely rubbish at it. He clearly needs a doctor.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg tucks his handgun away and says to the teen girl, "God ... I hope you speak English. The house is on fire. We need to get out now!" He pointed up above them and then held both hands in front of him wiggling them like tongues of a flame. "Please... grab what's most important to you, and let's get out of here quick!" He had no idea if this was the girl they had been looking for. Obviously there was some strange things going on with these foreign types. But they'd have time to sort it out later.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The two younger girls looked confused and afraid but the older girl looks at Greg with malice in her eyes and shouts at him in what may be Albanian.
OOC: Greg,[b]Listen[/b] roll to hear both Liz and Jacob calling for Greg from the front hall.
OOC: Jacob Liz,Listen rolls please.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Liz feels someone grab her ankle and looks down to see Clay eyes open looking up at her. "Liz, what the hell happened? I feel like I just downed a bottle of Night Nurse* then fell asleep under the sun lamp for a couple of hours."
Night Nurse,Non prescription flu medicine knocks you out for a good nights sleep, but often leaves you waking with what feels like a very bad hangover.
OOC: Greg,I still need a [b]Listen[/b] roll in order to find whether Greg can hear his friends desperately calling from upstairs.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Listen (1d100=99) - Disasterous fail

Jacob head bangs like an indian drum. He moans in pain as he tries to roll away from the stairs to the dining hall and the back exit.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That fire was alive," says Liz in wonder as she regains her feet. "I killed it. After it got you, it came for me. I managed to extinguish it before I got too badly burned - I'm just a bit singed round the edges and knackered. It hurts like hell, but I'll live. No sooner was it out than the old man and the woman came out of the bedroom. The old man shot Jacob in the leg, and the woman came at me with a knife. She tripped over my legs while I was rolling aside, and she took a tumble down the stairs, knocking over the doc who was on his way up. I think he shot her. The old man retreated to the bedroom and shut the door, then I saw this glow on the other side. I fired through the door, but I don't know whether or not I hit him. I heard glass break, so he might have got out the window. Then these burning ashes came out the hole in the door and started setting fire to everything - they're alive too, somehow. I dragged you down the stairs, and Jacob fell as he was coming down. Not sure where the doc went, but he said he thought he knew where to find Elira and he's trying to rescue her. I think that about covers it. Think you can walk?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Clay looks at Liz clearly a bit surprised by her outburst. "Oh" he says and starts to struggle to his feet. His face turns pale when he looks at Jacob. "Bloody hell mate mate you look like sh*t! Here, give me your arm" Clay grabs Jacobs arms and pulls him to his feet, putting his arm around his shoulder. "OK Liz what now?"
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Jacob throws himself over Clay’s arm while he mumbles incoherently what sounds like prayers in Hebrew.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz supports Jacob from the other side and helps guide him to the dining room. "Let's go to the dining room, gents," she says. "That'll put us closer to the back door, and we'll have to leave soon as we're done. The house is on fire, you know - not to mention the coppers and the fire brigade will be showing up before long."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The ceiling abouve the stairs ripples with flame and bits of burning material flutter down into the hallway, as Jacob, Greg and Liz stagger into the dining room. The sound of sirens can be clearly heard through the open french doors. "Sh*t!...<momentary pause while Greg listens>...OK, they're fire brigade.... at least I think they are?" says Clay. Someone should tell Greg, we really should get out of here sharpish.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”