Moderator: ghill

ghill
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 3 months

Re: IC - CH1 - Home Invasion.

Post by ghill »

OOC: Liz,Yes new round.
Jacob hobbles back into the hallway now filling with thick greasy smoke in which motes of burning ash no more than a few centimetres in size seem to dart about, On the floor Liz watches as the more and more of these little motes of light seem to alight on Clays prone form until all of a sudden his jacket starts to smoulder and then burn.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I heard glass break in the master bedroom!" says Liz as she grabs her fire extinguisher. "I think the old man's buggering off." She hurriedly sprays the flames on Clay.
OOC,Do I need to roll to hit for this one?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Liz sprays the back of clays jacket damping the flames and scattering the burning ash which seems to land a few feet away upon the carpet and soon takes hold other spots are also catching light and if the smoke coming from the master bedroom is any indication this room is also on fire.
OOC: Liz,Perhaps its the unnatural way the fire moved but Liz could have sworn the lump on burning ash moved before she brought the fire extinguisher to bear.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Can I act again now, or should I wait for the other players?
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 10 months

Post by ImpInTraining »

back,Would like to know what's going on at the bottom of the stairs so I can react now. Thanks for not killing me off so hastily.
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 2 months

Post by royya »

Greg, where is Greg ?
Jacob asks Liz.
I'm hurt, my leg ...
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

The blast from the old pistol is deafening to Greg's ears and jarring on his wrist pressed as it is awkwardly against the woman. The results however are dramatic the womans struggles subside and she pushes herself up into a sitting position with her back against the wall. Greg thinks he shot her in the stomach but can see blood on her hands and leg.

Moments later Greg hears a shotgun blast from upstairs as mote filled smoke starts to drift down the stairs.
OOc: Greg,Greg is still tangled up with the woman so needs to extricate himself. [b]Listen[/b] roll to hear Jacob calling for him from upstairs.
OOC: All,Gregs Attempt to hear Jacob shout's marks the end of that round. Please feel to telegraph your next move.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"He fell down the stairs with that woman," Liz replies. "Clay's in a bad way too." She helps Clay as best she can, doing a very good job. "Come on, man, wake up."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Liz applying first aid to Clay,Applying meaningful first aid to Greg is going to take more than a single combat round. So consider the process started and the roll stands, but at some point Clay will need some serious attention for his burns - he does not regain conciousness.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

As Liz goes to attend Clay, Jacob takes shelter along the wall, next to the Master’s bedroom door. He will give a light punch to the door to open it and see if the Man that was there is still there.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

As Jacob goes to punch the door he can feel a great deal of heat coming from it, in fact there are flames as well as smoke starting to roar through the hole made by Liz's gunshot blast. Its quite clear to Jacob that there is a well established fire in there.
OOC: Jacob,Idea roll - if its not already clear that opening the door would be a really bad idea :)
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Greg Listen - fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3870622/]Listen (45%) (1d100=60)[/url]
Greg does his best to push away fram the lady in hopes of untangling and doesn't hear Jacob in the process. "The house is on fire!" he says to Liz. "Did they find the girl? I think I know where she is. Can you make it out of the house on your own?"

As soon as Greg is on his feet he begins heading back to where he saw a hidden door.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We noticed the fire!" Liz calls back dryly as she works on Clay. "The big guy's not waking up, but he'll live! I'll need some help to carry him! Our other friend's shot, but conscious and walking! We haven't found Elira, but we haven't exactly had time to search! If you know where she is, go rescue her!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Flames are now roaring out of the hole in the door like a gas jet and Liz notices more and more of the motes of burning ash(?) flying around the hallway small fires seem to quickly start everywhere they gather.

OOC: Jacob can still move on his own it is simply very painful (CON rolls) and he is clearly losing blood (HP loss). Clay is still a dead weight but as far as Liz can see his injuries do not seem to be that bad (she could drag him down stairs if needs be)

Can I have listen rolls from everyone please.
royya
Keeper
Keeper

Post by royya »

Listen (1d100=40) - Fail

I'll help you as much as I can.
Jacob replies to Liz and help her to drag Clay down the stairs. His face clearly twists in pain as he steps on his leg.
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

Jacob staggers over to help Liz, but ends up leaning against the bannister a sheen of cold sweat over his face from the effort.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Liz is too distracted to hear much. "Oh, you're still bleeding!" she says. "Try not to move. I'll see what I can do. If you're up to it, spray any flames that get near with your extinguisher. The burning ash seems to move out of the way, but it'll work on the fires it starts." She tries to stop the bleeding, but it's beyond her skill. "Doc, I think you're needed after all!" she calls down the stairs.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ghill
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ghill »

OOC: Greg,Listen roll please assuming Greg has headed off back to the kitchen by the time Liz responds. Otherwise he'll hear her easily enough.
Liz & Greg Listen rolls please.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
ImpInTraining
Keeper
Keeper

Post by ImpInTraining »

Listen - fail,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3876527/]Listen (45%) (1d100=63)[/url]
Greg has already moved out of the way and out of ear shot and missed what Liz had said. Instead, he was in the kitchen looking at the hidden door he noticed and tried to pull it open. There wasn't any time to lose... they had to get out of the house quickly or they'd all be burn patients.

Return to “Chapter 1 - The Girl With Fire in Her Eyes”