IC-Chapter 1-My Death(Cole Brocco only)

Bill Johns and several other people attempt to understand the significance of the appearance of a new drug named Morpheus and its use in an experiment with college students as test subjects.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Chapter 1-My Death(Cole Brocco only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Cole quickly found the only decent hiding place he could see. He ducked behind the counter in the small kitchen area.

"Yo, Jimmy!" called a man's voice from outside the door. "It's Terry, open up! You got the rest of my money?"
OOC,[b]Cole[/b], please also roll Sneak.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Garrett
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by Garrett »

I remain quiet and still. Listening intently, if he leaves I'll try to tail him.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3615338/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Come on!" said Terry after a pause. "I know you're in there, your light's on!" Cole heard the door opening. "Huh, it's unlocked."

Footsteps padded across the room. "Jimmy, you asleep, man?" Terry asked. "Come on, it took a lot of work to get both doses of Morpheus for your mysterious client, and that Anderson cat won't even know they're missing. I even snatched some of his research notes, and that's worth plenty extra. Not that the five hundred you gave me earlier isn't- Oh, crap!" He burst into tears, his mind shot. "God, no! Jimmy!" However, Terry was unable to process the scene before him and did not lose it completely. He did, however, vomit loudly.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

error
Last edited by Garrett on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

I wait for him to calm down, once he does I go over to him with my pistol drawn. I immediately tell him not to cry out, I then tell him I didn't commit this murder and ask him how he knows this man. I put the gun away if he seems to believe me. If he doesn't I explain who I am and what I'm doing here.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Terry retched for another minute, then straightened up only to see Cole's imposing figure towering over him and pointing his pistol at him. The furious look he gave Cole made it obvious that Cole being Jimmy's murderer was exactly what he believed.
OOC,In order to fix continuity errors I had mistakenly introduced, I needed to make some edits to what [b]Terry[/b] said in my posts higher up on this page. Please reread them. [b]Garrett[/b], you'll need to roll Fast Talk, and you should also roleplay this out and say exactly what you say and do to convince him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3617117/

"Don't look at me like that I didn't kill him. Think man, I don't have a speck of blood on me, nor do I have tools capable of doing this to a person on me. Not to mention that if I was the killer I would just waste you right now and eliminate the witness." Shit I might have to do that anyway, if this guy goes to the cops I'm definitely going away for a while and I really don't want to go to prison.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Terry, who was a very short young man, stared up at Cole. He didn't quite seem convinced, but at least he wasn't running away, screaming, or attacking. "Looks like he was choked to death," he said. "You wouldn't need to get any blood on you to do that. And how do I know what you do or don't have on you? What are you even doing here? If you didn't kill Jimmy, who did?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

I didn't see any reason not to tell this man the truth. "Pal I don't have half a clue what happened to him I was told to come here by my fence in Boston, said that this guy had work for me. He didn't answer when I knocked so I let myself in and found him like this. I was just about to walk out the door when you knocked, I decided to hide until I knew who you were. On that note, who are you?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm Terry Williams," said Terry. "Jimmy is - was - my friend. He's my fence too. I did a job for him last night and managed to get more than he asked for. He paid me the five hundred he promised me earlier today, but he said he'd pay me a bonus. He had to meet with his client first and get paid before he could do that, so he told me to come back tonight."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

"Okay, what did he ask you to steal, and who's the client? If I had one guess that's who I'd guess did this."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Jimmy refused to say who the client was," said Terry, "and I didn't want to push him on it. Now I wish I had. He had me steal a sample of this new drug called Morpheus. It was made by a Dr. Gregory Anderson at the University of Pennsylvania. He offered me five hundred bucks for the job. I tried to break in early last night, but a campus security guard detected me and I barely got away. I came here and talked to Jimmy about it. He encouraged me to keep trying, so I went back there a couple of hours before dawn. I got two doses of the drug, not just one, and I also snagged some of the doc's research notes. When I came to see Jimmy earlier, he said he'd pay me extra for that stuff too, but he only had the five hundred on him. He told me that once the client paid him, he could pay me my bonus, another thousand. He told me to come back tonight at eight and he'd have the money then. I guess...I guess the client didn't want to pay up...or wanted to make sure he never talked."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

"If he didn't want to pay up he'd still wait until he got the drug to kill him, I guess he wanted to silence him but why?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"He probably did get the drug, then, unless it's still here somewhere," said Terry. "I delivered it to Jimmy earlier today. From what Jimmy said, the client insisted on discretion and paid him for it, which is why he wouldn't tell me who it is. But Jimmy had to know, had to have seen the guy's face. Whatever's going on here, it's big...bigger than big."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

"Well this was probably done by some heavy duty drug traffickers; the kind of people we really shouldn't fuck with. Do you know who does the dealing in this city? For that matter what the hell does Morpheos do? I've never heard of it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't know who the major dealers are," said Terry. "I usually stay away from that stuff. Jeez, Jimmy wasn't kidding when he said that I was better off not knowing who his client is. The cops probably know who deals, but I try to avoid them too. I do know a little about what Morpheus does. It's designed to help you control your dreams. Some of what was in those research notes was accounts of the test subjects' dreams while under the drug's influence."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

"So Morpheus isn't just some stimulant that there gonna sell to junkies it has a purpose?" That would make it a lot harder to find out who did this, wait do I even want to find out? I don't want to cross whoever would do something like this over $500, I feel bad for this poor bastard but avenging him isn't my problem.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yeah, it has a purpose," said Terry. "Someone was willing to kill for it. Just who are you, anyway? You never said."
OOC,[b]Cole[/b], please roll Idea.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

"I'm a retriever." I said using a common code word for pro thiefs. "I was told this guy had work for me by a friend in Boston."

53 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3630986/
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Okay, but what's your name?" asked Terry.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 1”