IC-Chapter 1-Big Brother(Bill/John/Jerome/Tony/Remy/Markus)

Bill Johns and several other people attempt to understand the significance of the appearance of a new drug named Morpheus and its use in an experiment with college students as test subjects.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Chapter 1-Big Brother(Bill/John/Jerome/Tony/Remy/Markus)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dr. Gregory Anderson's Home - Pine Road, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
10:05 PM - Wednesday, July 16th, 1969
"Remy Leblanc, huh?" said Yeager as he read the driver's license. "You're a long way from home." He examined the car registration, then handed both back to Remy, frowning at him. "If there's anything I hate more than being lied to, it's being lied to repeatedly. I know a stakeout when I see one. Now tell me what you're doing out here at this hour, or we're going to run you in." He turned to the passenger. "And just who the hell are you?"

"Markush Fletcher, shir," he said, slurring his words.

The accent sounded familiar to Yeager. "Another limey, huh? Do you know a Bernard Braithwaite?"

"Never heard of him."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Re: IC-Chapter 1-Big Brother(Bill/John/Jerome/Tony/Remy/Markus)

Post by Philulhu »

Bill stood ready, off to one side behind Fletcher. Yeager seemed to think the two men were on a stakeout, but he wasn't so sure.
OOC,Can Bill smell alcohol on Fletcher?
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by Voodoo »

Remy throws up his hands in exasperation, "Alright officers, We were trying to score some pot. We overheard some drunk frat boy at de bar talkin' bout some good shit he got round here. We was waitin' round to see if he would show up. We didna mean any harm but I was to scared to admit it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Bill Johns,Yes, you do smell alcohol on [b]Markus[/b]'s breath. He has been drinking. How much he's been drinking you can't be sure.
"Pot, huh?" said Yeager, frowning. "Who did you think was going to be selling it around here?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Here? No..."

Jerome's face freezes in shock at the thought of the professor being involved in drug deals. Then he thinks a little.

"Drunks got the house wrong," he sneers to himself.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

"I don't know, All I was told was some short Mexican deals from dis street. De boy said he be out here after ten o clock." Remy tells the officers. At the mention of them being at the wrong house Remy gives them a puzzled look, "Ain't nobody said anyting bout no house. We was told de boy work dis street and dat was all."
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"I knew it," Jerome grins with relief.

" As if I hadn't learned enough about making assumptions from my job."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"A short Mexican?" said Yeager with a skeptical look at Remy. "In this posh neighborhood? He'd stick out like the ding-dong of a teen boy looking at Playboy. Either you're lying to me, or someone else lied to you. Hold on a minute. Let me check in with HQ." He jogged back to the Mustang, opened the door, and picked up the radio.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Bill watched Remy carefully, his eyes tracking the man's movements, making sure he doesn't trying anything.
OOC,Any sign that either driver or passenger are carrying a weapon? [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2442816/]Is Remy packing heat? Spot hidden roll. (1d100=19)[/url] Yup - made it!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Remy Leblanc,Do you have your handgun on you? If so, roll Conceal.
Bill Johns,[b]Remy[/b] and [b]Markus[/b] both did not appear to be carrying a weapon, but he wouldn't be able to know for sure without frisking them.
Yeager spoke on the radio.
Lieutenant John Yeager,"[b]O'Hara[/b]?" said [b]John[/b]. "It's [b]Lieutenant Yeager[/b]. You got anything on those plates?" "There's nothing on them locally," replied the detective on the other end. "I've got the driver's name from his license: [b]Remy Leblanc[/b]. See if he's wanted for anything, particularly anything drug-related. The passenger gave his name as [b]Markus Fletcher[/b]. It might be fake, but check it anyway. He's a Brit." [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2443045/]He paused in thought[/url]. "Run a check on both of them through NCIC too, while you're at it. Let's put those newfangled computers to use. Maybe [b]Mr. Leblanc[/b] has warrants outstanding back in Louisiana. Would explain why he's so far from home." "Will do, Boss. The NCIC checks will take some time, so there probably won't be any results until morning."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Handy,No his gun isn't on him.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Remy stood patiently while the officers did their thing, "Its true dis be a pretty nice neighborhood but now a days you never know where dey gonna be dealin' you know. We didna mean to interrupt what ever it is you be doin' here, and we'll gladly go on our way if dat would be easier for you."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Bill gave a short, sharp laugh. "You're telling me you're out here to deal and you just expect us to let you roll on out of here?" He nodded over in the direction of Yeager. "When he comes back, we'll see what he wants to do with you."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lieutenant John Yeager,[b]Yeager[/b] waited for a couple of minutes before [b]O'Hara[/b] got back to him. "Sir, there's no local record on either of them," he said. "Not so much as an outstanding parking ticket." "I know these two clowns have something to hide," said [b]Yeager[/b]. "We've got enough to hold them overnight, and then we'll get some answers. Keep up the good work, [b]O'Hara[/b]. I'll get back to you."
John Yeager got out of the Mustang and returned to Bill, Remy, and Markus. "I'm afraid I'm going to have to take you two downtown for questioning," he told the two men from the pickup truck. "You can wait in the back of my car while we conduct our business, and then we'll drive you back to HQ. Sergeant, do you think you can handle the interview by yourself? Or would you rather keep an eye on these two?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Something to hide? They just confessed to trying to buy street drugs! Surely you can lock them up for that."
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

On the outside Remy remains quiet and does what he's told, On the inside though his mind is racing trying to find a way out of their current predicament.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"I can take the interview, if you want," replied Bill. "Let's find out what Dr Anderson's been up to."
OOC,What memories does [b]Bil[/b]l have of [b]Dr Anderson[/b]?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Oh, I could lock them up right now," said Yeager to Jerome. "I'm hoping they''ll come clean with me about what they're really up to, and then it won't be necessary." He ushered Remy and Markus over to the Mustang and opened the back door for them. The two men got in, and then Yeager got into the driver's seat, turning his head back. "Got anything you'd like to get off your chests?"

Bill walked up the short path to the front door of Dr. Anderson's house. He could still see a light on in one of the windows. The door had a fancy-looking brass knocker, as well as a more modern electric doorbell.
Bill Johns,While [b]Bill[/b] had never been to this house before, he did vaguely recall [b]Dr. Gregory Anderson[/b]. During the experiment his main focus had been on [b]Mary[/b], but he had spoken to [b]Dr. Anderson[/b] some. He had also been interviewed by [b]Dr. Anderson[/b] when he had first signed up for the experiment, he remembered. There were a limited number of spots, and he had selected his volunteers carefully. He recalled a tall and confident man in his late forties, with brown hair just starting to turn gray and a full beard and glasses. [b]Anderson[/b] had been a serious man from what he could remember about him.
Remy Leblanc,Roll Idea, please.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Bill briefly glanced through the window to see if there was anyone moving around inside before stepping up to the door and rapping smartly with the knocker.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

As Bill waited at the door, he soon heard footsteps approaching. Then Dr. Gregory Anderson opened the door from within. The man was wearing a black silk robe and slippers, and he looked Bill over carefully. "Good evening, sir," he said. "Do I know you? You look familiar, but I can't place your face." He glanced over Bill's shoulder. "Ah, Mr. Padgett, there you are. And Professors Remington and Scott. Please, come inside, all of you. Do you have any news for me?"
OOC,[b]Bill[/b], roll Psychology.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 1”