IC-Chapter 1-Big Brother(Bill/John/Jerome/Tony/Remy/Markus)

Bill Johns and several other people attempt to understand the significance of the appearance of a new drug named Morpheus and its use in an experiment with college students as test subjects.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Re: IC-Chapter 1-Big Brother(Bill/John/Jerome/Tony/Remy/Markus)

Post by Philulhu »

OOC,Yup - made it. [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2459000/]Psych roll - can Bill tell what's going on? (1d100=8)[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Bill Johns,[b]Bill[/b] did sense recognition in [b]Dr. Anderson[/b]'s eyes. He realized that his younger self would have already met him, as the interview he had had when he had originally applied to participate in the experiment had been well before it. He was forty years older now, but there were some things about his features that would remain the same. However, it was highly unlikely that [b]Dr. Anderson[/b] actually knew he was the same person. [b]Bill[/b] also got the impression that [b]Dr. Anderson[/b] was deeply worried about something, but that the arrival of the others behind him had provided at least some relief to him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Bill glanced behind him at the three men and frowned before turning back to Dr. Anderson. "I am Sgt. Bill Johns from Philadelphia Police Department, may I speak to you in private, sir?"
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Post by Voodoo »

Handy,Sorry, I never saw your request for an Idea roll from Remy. I'm not sure if you still want it or not but it was [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2460302/]25[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"May I please see some identification, Sergeant?" asked Dr. Anderson. "And Mr. Padgett and Professor Remington work with me. Anything you have to say to me, you can say to them."
Bill Johns,[b]Bill[/b] got the impression that [b]Dr. Anderson[/b] didn't doubt that he's a cop. Instead, he seemed to be asking to see his badge to buy himself a few seconds to think.
Remy Leblanc,Yes, I did still want the Idea roll. [b]Remy[/b] realized that he was in a precarious position. He wasn't wanted for anything in Philly (yet), and the local cops were unlikely to know what he did back in Louisiana. However, given time, they could potentially check up on him and find out. He would need to get out of police custody before that happened. One way to do that would be to tell them what they want to hear, but to do so in such a way that it wouldn't incriminate him. Telling them that he came here to buy drugs had given them enough to detain him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Bill fished out the wallet he'd found in his pocket and flashed the badge to Dr Anderson. "This is about your son, Brian. He's been arrested for drugs. Are you sure you don't want to do this somewhere private?"

Bill was starting to feel self-conscious, with everyone looking at him. He wasn't a cop, despite what the badge said, and he didn't know procedures. He was trying to remember all those re-runs of Starsky & Hutch and Kojak - though he doubted procedures figured highly in either.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Dr. Anderson's eyes widened. "So that's what happened to him," he said. "My colleagues have been helping me try to locate him, without success. I can't believe Brian would do something so foolish. Rest assured that I'll be hiring the best attorney I can find to represent him. Please, come in, Sergeant."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Should I wait outside?" Jerome asks.

"We did find Brian in police custody, but by then they were heading to talk to you."
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

"Dis is all gettin' out o' hand ya'll." Remy leans back in his seat and gives a sigh of defeat, "Look here, I tell ya what you want to know, aight? Me an dis man here was at dis bar havin' seem beers and generally just mindin' our own business. Dere were dese fraternity fellas at de other end o de bar talkin' real load cause dey was pretty lit. We over heard dem mention dis professors kid dat was supposed to have dis new dope. We figured we'd just slip over here and see if it be true. We didn't say anyting cause we didn't wanna get him jammed up if it turn out not to be true." Remy looks right and the officer and finishes, "Everyting else I told you was de truth."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"That's the truth, sir," added Markus.

Yeager smiled. "At last we're getting somewhere," he said. "Tell me what else you know. Everything. What bar were you at when you heard about this, and who mentioned the professor's kid? What do you know about this new drug?"

Back at the front door of the house, Dr. Anderson stood aside from the front door. A black leather couch and a new-looking television set were visible in the living room beyond. "There's no need to wait outside," said Dr. Anderson. "You can all come in. I'll speak privately with Sergeant Johns in the study."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

"It was at de Penn Tavern, I believe dat was what it was called. Dats all I really know. De kids were just a bunch of frat boys dat had loose lips. I don't tink dey really knew anyting other den de boys daddy was a professor. We were just bored and thought it be fun to check it out. Dat is really all we know, Honest." Remy stops and thinks for a second, "Oh yeah, Dey mentioned someting about an old man but by dat people dey was pretty much catatonic and I couldn't make any sense other den dat."
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Jerome gets his wheelchair through the door and moves next to the black leather couch.

"I'd like to tell you about what we found out what when he have the time, but the police want to inform you officially first," he says to Dr. Anderson.
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years

Post by Barandis »

"It was just curiosity officer. I saw an advert for student medical trials then heard about the Profs son getting busted for selling some new drug and we decided to come and check it out. I don't know why Remy said we were here to buy dope." Marcus said shaking his head. "Do you know anything about this stuff? I nearly signed up for that trial but couldn't get an answer on the Prof's number. Is it dangerous?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We're not sure exactly what this new drug does," said Yeager, "other than knock people out and give them crazy dreams. That's one reason we're here, to ask Dr. Anderson about its effects. How would these jocks have known about this in first place, though? And what can you tell me about the experiment? My partner's going to find out straight from the horse's mouth, of course, but it helps to have another perspective."

Nancy Remington, Anthony Scott, and Bill Johns followed Jerome into the house. The living room was clean and elegant. A staircase led upstairs, and a dining room was through an archway at the back of the living room. From there a door led into the kitchen directly behind it, and another door on the right side of the dining room was open. A light was on beyond it, and it was this light that had been visible through a window from outside. "Please, make yourselves at home while I speak to Sergeant Johns," said Dr. Anderson to Jerome and the others. He nodded to Bill. "My study is this way. Will this take long?" He led the way to the door to the lit room.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years

Post by Barandis »

"I can't be much help officer. The jocks were just guys talking in a bar. I don't even know if I would recognise them if I saw them again. I was pretty smashed earlier but being thrown in the back of a police car brought me round from that." says Markus "All I know about the experiment was that I saw an advert on the Uni notice board offering fifty dollars for taking part in sleep studies. It was only later that I heard rumours that the Prof was drugging the students. I was glad I didn't take part then. Fifty bucks is a lot of cash for a student but not enough to be messing with drugs."
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years

Post by Nanonano63 »

Professor Scott takes a seat in the waiting room, and takes in his surroundings.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"And what do you have to say for your sorry self?" Yeager asked Remy. "By your own admission you came here looking for drugs, and you're both three sheets to the wind."

Inside the house, Bill went with Dr. Anderson into the study and closed the door behind him. Nancy sat down on the couch next to Anthony Scott, while Jerome sat nearby in his wheelchair. The living room and dining room were well appointed, and it was clear that Dr. Anderson was, if not wealthy, at least comfortably well off. The TV was a color set, and a couple of framed paintings hung on the walls. One was a black and white M.C. Escher print, showing people climbing stairs that looped around. In some places they appeared to be walking on the walls or ceiling. The other, on the wall above the couch, was a reproduction of the famous Salvador Dali painting of the melting clocks and watches, The Persistence of Memory.
Jerome Padgett and Professor Anthony Scott,If you want to try to eavesdrop on the discussion in the study, roll Listen.
Bill Johns,The study was as elegant as the rest of the house that [b]Bill[/b] had seen so far. Two black leather armchairs sat on either side of a small reading table, on which a book lay open. A wine glass, nearly empty, stood next to the book. Bookshelves lined most of the walls, filled with books of various sizes. There were medical journals as well as popular fiction and books on mythology. A writing desk also sat against one wall. "Please, have a seat, Sergeant," said [b]Dr. Anderson[/b], motioning to one of the chairs with a leisurely gesture. "Can I get you something to drink?" "No, thank you," said [b]Bill[/b], easing himself into the comfortable chair. "I'm on duty." "Of course." [b]Dr. Anderson[/b] sat in the other chair, crossing his legs and folding his hands on his lap. "Now, what can you tell me about [b]Brian[/b]?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Jerome sits quietly, and tries to overhear the conversation. He succeeds.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

"Well I've never had any use for dope. Like I said before, We wasn't sure how true dem boys be. I figured I'd say we were buying dope so I didn't get dat boy jammed up. I was hopin' since we didn't have any drugs you'd just make us leave and no body would get in trouble. I would have felt real bad if all dis stuff turned out to be fake and we got dat boy in trouble with de police." Remy tells the cop.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"Your son was arrested following an assault in Lenny's Bar tonight. I don't know if you're aware of the bar, but it used to be... rather, it is popular with young people." Bill swallowed hard, the night's events were already seeming hazy. "When... when he was arrested, he was found to be in possession of drugs - Morpheus, I believe - drugs that he said you had developed. Is that correct?" Bill could feel perspiration starting to makes its way slowly down his spine, sticking his shirt to his back. He blinked and swallowed again. "Could... could I have that drink after all?" he croaked.

Return to “Chapter 1”