IC-Chapter 1-Telling Lies(Markus Fletcher/Remy Leblanc)

Bill Johns and several other people attempt to understand the significance of the appearance of a new drug named Morpheus and its use in an experiment with college students as test subjects.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 1 month

Re: IC-Chapter 1-Telling Lies(Markus Fletcher/Remy Leblanc)

Post by Barandis »

"I know a few promising chemistry students who could use some extra cash. It would be better if we could get hold of your father's research notes than trying to concoct the stuff from a sample. Maybe we could use the sample to keep him quiet while we find and copy his formula." suggests Marcus
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yeah, his notes!" said Brian. "It should be easier to get our hands on those than on more Morpheus. Even if we could get another dose, I'm not sure how we could use it to keep him quiet. He's too smart to actually drink it. He probably keeps his notes in his office back at Penn. The best time to get them would be during the experiment. We know he'll be busy in the lab then. It starts Friday night."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Barandis »

"Perfect" says Marcus "Do you know where his office is in the building and does he keep it locked when he isn't in it? It shouldn't be a problem if he does but it is best to know in advance what to expect."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"His office is in room 322," said Brian, "on the third floor. I guess he keeps it locked. His lab is in room 110, on the ground floor. That's probably locked too when he isn't in it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Barandis »

"Do you know anything about the night security at his building? If it is anything like my building it should just be one ancient porter half asleep in his office. I have student ID so it shouldn't be a problem getting through if it is. Me and Remy should check it out first anyway. Don't need any nasty surprises on Friday."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Campus security is a joke," said Brian. "There isn't even a guard stationed in the building normally, though they do patrol around outside at night. I was able to swipe a dose of Morpheus with no problem. By now Dad probably knows what I did, so he may have stepped up security since then. If you need to get into the lab, you'll have to do it during the day, unless you go tomorrow night - or if you can get enrolled in the experiment. The experiment runs all night there over the following three nights, and there will always be at least one of the scientists awake to monitor stuff. But during the experiment is the perfect time to get into the office, since you know he won't be there."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Barandis »

"Seems like we have a plan." says Markus "We should try to get some sleep and me and Remy can check it out in the morning ready to move tomorrow night."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"All right," said Brian. He lay down on his bunk and rolled over on his side, closing his eyes.

Remy turned to look at the bunk beds in the cell he shared with Markus, which were stacked one atop the other. "Mind if I take the top one?" he asked.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Barandis »

"As long as you don't piss yourself" replies Marcus with a wink before getting into the bottom bunk.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Remy and Markus climbed into their respective bunks. Remy was asleep almost instantly. He had been in jail before and felt, if not comfortable, at least in a familiar setting. Markus was still not used to it, so it took a little longer before sleep took him.

"Rise and shine!" came a man's voice all too soon. Markus blinked himself awake, the vague memory of his dream already fading into gossamer strands of nothing. Two correctional officers stood in the corridor outside the cell. "Fletcher, Leblanc, you're scheduled for your arraignment this morning at City Hall," said one of them. He turned around and looked behind him, where Brian was still lying in his bunk with his eyes closed. "You too, Anderson."

The other guard unlocked Markus's cell and slid the door open. "Okay, let's go, you two."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 1”