IC-Chapter 1-All the Young Dudes(Barney/Anthony/Jerome)

Bill Johns and several other people attempt to understand the significance of the appearance of a new drug named Morpheus and its use in an experiment with college students as test subjects.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Chapter 1-All the Young Dudes(Barney/Anthony/Jerome)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Lenny's Bar, South Street - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
7:52 PM - Wednesday, July 16, 1969
Terrance Luis Williams walked into the bar and took a seat at a table by himself near the door. Barney had never seen the short man in his twenties before. Terry saw a black man in his thirties tending bar, a table where some hippies were sitting in one corner, and another table in the middle of the bar where two more hippies, a male and a female who both had long hair, sat with a short-haired woman in her early forties and a man in his mid-twenties. The female hippie had a daisy in her hair. There were a few other customers here and there.
OOC,[b]Terry[/b], roll Listen and Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Midnightlight
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 9 months

Re: IC-Chapter 1-All the Young Dudes(Barney/Terry)

Post by Midnightlight »

Spoiler:
Spot Hidden got 1d100→ [29] = (29)

Listen is 1d100→ [67] = (67)
The listen one was close to failing, right? I'm still getting used to this. =S
Terry looked keenly over at the strange group, and tried his best to listen in, though he doubted he would learn anything of importance.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-Chapter 1-All the Young Dudes(Barney/Terry/Anthony)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Terry Williams,Yes, both rolls succeeded. Your Listen score is 75, so that one didn't succeed by much, but it's good enough. [b]Terry[/b] overheard [b]Nancy[/b] outside, speaking to the men with her. "Did you see that guy?" she asked, indicating [b]Terry[/b] with her chin. "I saw him standing across the street, watching us. I think I saw him earlier, too, back on campus. You're right, we did get here a little early, so I wouldn't expect to see [b]Mary[/b] yet." "I'll keep an eye on that guy," said the man in the wheelchair. "It could be a coincedence - I can't think of why someone would be following us - but I'm feeling nervous tonight. If we want to be less obtrusive, we could get a table." "Sounds like a plan," said the other man as he walked to the door. Opening the door, he held it for them, "Shall we?" "You go in - I'll wait outside a little longer so I can see [b]Brian[/b] arrive. We all did just have dinner." [b]Nancy[/b] walked into the bar with the other man.
Anthony, a man in his early forties, opened the door from outside and held it as an attractive woman in her thirties entered. Both were well dressed and looked a little out of place here. "Thank you," said the woman as he followed her in.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Midnightlight
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Midnightlight »

Spoiler:
I don't post now, right? We take turns?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,No, you're free to post now if you like. There are multiple player characters in the room, so you can talk to each other, observe each other, or ignore each other. All of you can post freely right now until something happens requiring my intervention.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Midnightlight
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Midnightlight »

From what he overheard just now, it seemed like they were on to him, which was good at all. Even the slightest link to him would be helpful to the authorities if the sample was stolen. If they were to place suspicion on him, they would not find much, other than he was spotted outside the campus and was apparently following the group. If he were to leave now, it might not cast any suspicion off, but the longer he stayed, the more suspicious he looked to the group.

Maybe if he had some other motive for coming to both the campus and the bar.
Spoiler:
Could he claim he was smitten when he saw Nancy, and overheard them talking that they would meet at the bar?
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years

Post by Nanonano63 »

Anthony finds a seat separate from the other folks in the bar for the two of them. He sits sipping a drink and waiting patiently for Brian and Mary to show.
OOC,Anthony is also carefully watching the man that Jerome pointed out earlier, Anthony doesn't like the fact that someone has been following them.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Terry Williams,[b]Terry[/b] looked out through the front window and saw a pretty girl, about eighteen years old, walk up to the man in the wheelchair outside. "Any sign of [b]Brian[/b]?" he asked her. "No, I was hoping you'd seen him," she said. She checked her watch. "Well, we are a little early. He should be here soon." [b]Terry[/b], you may try to claim that. If you do, roll Fast Talk to see if [b]Nancy[/b] buys it. The man with her is a PC, so it's up to his player whether or not he believes you.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Midnightlight
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Midnightlight »

Terry, confused about what he should do, calmly called for a glass of water. Drinking, he knew it was against his principles to lie, and he always, when he absolutely needed to, justified telling fibs.
Pondering for a moment, he decide to send a drink to the girl, but left shortly after, telling the bartender that he was "Sorry for following her, but he couldn't bear rejection from such a beautiful woman."
Spoiler:
He heads home, and prepares for his plan.

He's allowed to do that, right? I didn't want to do a fast talk. =S
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Terry Williams,Yes, that's fine. "[b]Professor Anthony[/b] and [b]Nancy[/b] are inside the restaurant," said the man in the wheelchair. "I doubt [b]Brian[/b] wil recognize me, but I'm waiting out here to see him arrive." "Okay, thanks," said the girl. "I'll go on in and wait for him there."
As Terry left, he passed a very pretty girl in her late teens who entered the bar. The man in the wheelchair was still outside.
OOC,[b]Terry Williams[/b] is returning to the following thread. Please stop reading the current thread at this point. Everyone else remains in this thread.
Red Money

When the girl entered the bar, the bartender nodded to Barney and the two hippies he sat with, then turned to the girl and smiled at her, his teeth shining. "Evening, Mary," he said.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Nanonano63 »

Anthony looks up and waves to Mary. He glances around the room to see if Brian is coming in now as well.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Mary nodded back to Anthony, then turned back to the bartender. "Hey, Lenny," she said. "You haven't seen Brian, have you?"

"As I matter of fact, I have," said Lenny. "I don't know how to tell you this, but he was hauled out of here in police custody."

"What?" she gasped.

"They busted him dealing drugs, and then this old man came out of the john and accused him of trying to murder him."

"What?!" Mary shook her head, distraught. "That's not possible...is it?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Nanonano63 »

OOC,I am assuming that Anthony overheard that, and for the sake of saving time will continue to post on that assumption.
On hearing this, Anthony gets up and walks to the bar and puts a reassuring hand on Mary's shoulder. "Mary, I am sure this is all a misunderstanding. This will all work out."

Anthony looks out the window to Jerome and waves him in.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-Chapter 1-All the Young Dudes(Barney/Anthony/Jerome)

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Anthony[/b] (and [b]Barney[/b]) heard it, but whether or not [b]Jerome[/b] did is another question entirely.
Jerome wheeled himself into the bar in time to hear part of the conversation.

"Well, I don't know that he really tried to kill that old cat," said Lenny, "but they caught him red-handed with the drugs."

"Why would Brian sell drugs?" asked Mary, numb from the shock.

"Probably money. I hate to break it to you, but he's been doing that for a while now. The only drug I sell is good old legal alcohol - though my grandpa sold it back when it wasn't so legal. You look like you can use a drink. Tell you what, I'll give you one on the house. Name your poison."

"Uh...I'll have a Bloody Me."

"Coming right up." Lenny took out some vodka and tomato juice and began mixing her drink.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"It sounds like you've found something," Jerome says to Professor Anthony, with dismay in his voice.
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Nanonano63 »

"Yes it seems that Brian was here a little earlier than we anticipated, and well,... he's been arrested. To compound the problem his father was here and accused Brian of trying to kill him. I think Brian is in it deep now."

Turning to the bartender Anthony asks, "Do you know where they took him?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Back to the cop shop would be my guess," said Lenny, pouring Mary's drink and handing it to her.

"His father?!" said Mary. "He's not that old, only in his mid-forties." She took a large gulp from her glass.

"No, this dude was closer to sixty."

"It can't be him, then."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
mikc
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by mikc »

Handy,I must admit, I've lost track a bit of what I'm supposed to be doing. :oops: Any hints or a brief resume would be appreciated. :)
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Jerome joins the conversation.

"What was the old guy like? Sounds odd, pretending to be someone's father," he asks the bartender.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Barney Brainstorm,You were talking and playing poker earlier with [b]Kathleen Scott[/b], her girlfriend [b]Maxine[/b], and the hippies [b]Moonchild[/b] and [b]Daisy[/b]. [b]Kathleen[/b] told you about this experiment that [b]Dr. Gregory Anderson[/b] is going to run this weekend at the University of Pennsylvania involving sleep and dreaming. You also witnessed his son [b]Brian[/b] come into the bar and try to sell something called Morpheus as well as other, better known drugs to a young man named [b]Harry[/b]. Then the police came in and took them both away. You also saw the strange old man come out of the bathroom and accuse [b]Brian[/b] of trying to kill him. He left with the cops. [b]Mary[/b] is [b]Brian[/b]'s girlfriend, and you've been waiting for her to show up.
"He wasn't pretending to be anyone's dad," said Lenny. "He was odd, though. He was this old dude, really tall, about sixty like I said. He had on this tweed jacket. I thought maybe he was a radical college professor or something. That's another freaky thing: he didn't recognize his own clothes. Said he was wearing a suit and said Brian must have stolen it. The cops searched, but they couldn't find it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 1”