IC-Chapter 1-After Today(Jerome Padgett/Anthony Scott)

Bill Johns and several other people attempt to understand the significance of the appearance of a new drug named Morpheus and its use in an experiment with college students as test subjects.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years

Re: IC-Chapter 1-After Today(Jerome Padgett/Anthony Scott)

Post by Nanonano63 »

"There is little else that I can think of at the moment. Thank you, Dr. Anderson, and I really hope we find your son soon," replied Anthony.
OOC,Anthony is curious whether Dr. Anderson is more concerned about his son or about finding this morpheus. I assume he would need a psych roll to read him.[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2172410/]I rolled a 36, a success.[/url]
Turning to Mr. Padgett, "If there is nothing else for the time being, I will return to my office. I am still interested in helping find Brian though, so I would love to tag along tonight. If that's alright where and when should I meet you?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"So do I," said Dr. Anderson.
Professor Anthony Scott,You already succeeded at a Psychology roll when you met him, so you didn't need to roll a second time. It was hard to tell for [b]Anthony[/b] whether his son or the Morpheus was more important to [b]Dr. Anderson[/b]. The two seemed inseparablely related to him, as though he were convinced that finding one would mean finding the other.
OOC,If you're both leaving, let me know if there's anything you'd like to do between now and 8:00. It's about a 10-15 minute drive from Penn's campus to Lenny's Bar, so you'll have to set aside time for that. You'll also probably want to eat dinner, which will take 30-60 minutes (not counting travel time), depending on what you're having. It's 5:00 now, so that leaves around 2 hours to spare not counting these activities.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Nanonano63 »

OOC,Depending on how Jerome replies, Anthony will gather things up at his office and then head home for dinner, assuming he lives close enough to do that.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"We'll meet at 7:50 outside Lenny's Bar. See you then," says Jerome.

As soon as Anthony leaves, Jerome also starts to leave work for dinner. He casually asks Dr. Anderson as they are both on their way out, "By the way, why did you name the drug Morpheus?"

Jerome intends to get some dinner and show up at Lenny's at about 7:45, giving him five minutes to survey the place alone and make sure Brian does not come too early. Depending on Dr. Anderson's response he might do something else. If he has nothing else to do, Jerome has technical journals to read - keeping up with the cutting edge of science isn't easy.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jerome Padgett,"It's a mythological reference," said [b]Dr. Anderson[/b] with a twinkle in his eye as he locked up the lab, after [b]Professor Scott[/b] had left. "Morpheus is the Greek god of dreams. Rather fitting, don't you think?" OOC: Let me know if this changes your plans, or if you're ready for me to move things forward.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Nanonano63 »

"Sounds good, I'll see you then," says Anthony as he headed out.

Anthony heads towards his office. He plans on gathering up his papers and calling his wife before he heads home for dinner with his family and hopefully he can get some work done before tonight's rendezvous.
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"I suppose so," says Jerome. "Well, goodbye again."
Spoiler:
Nope, this does not change Jerome's plans.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, there's enough time for [b]Anthony[/b] to go home to the suburbs for dinner and come back, as you've got three hours. Rush hour traffic is going to slow you down on the way out, but coming back there will be no problem. I'll bring him in soon, but [b]Jerome[/b] gets to the bar a few minutes before he does.
Nancy left the lab too and went her own way, as did Dr. Anderson after he finished locking up. Jerome and Anthony left separately for dinner.

Lenny's Bar, South Street - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
7:47 PM - Wednesday, July 16, 1969
Jerome rolled up outside Lenny's Bar, not far from Rittenhouse Square. As he arrived, an aging biker with one eye emerged from the bar, got on a 1960 Harley Davidson, kicked it into life, and rode away eastward on South Street. Peering inside through the window, Jerome could see a black man in his thirties standing behind the bar. A group of hippies were sitting in a corner booth at the back, and a few other customers were seated at a table. There was no sign of anyone matching Brian's description, at least not from out here.
OOC,[b]Jerome[/b], roll Spot Hidden.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Jerome wonders if there is anything else he has to learn from observing the place, but when he looks around, no soap.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Jerome waited around and watched for a few minutes, but did not notice anything else. Then Nancy Remington arrived, followed shortly afterwards by Anthony Scott. They joined him outside Lenny's Bar and looked in the window.
OOC,[b]Anthony Scott[/b], you may roll Spot Hidden too now.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Nanonano63 »

Anthony looked around breifly, then turned to Jerome. "So I take it Brian hasn't shown up yet, is Mary here?"
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"I haven't seen her yet. She has time to arrive, though."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

A short young man in his twenties, no more than five feet tall, walked past the group and into the bar, taking a seat at a table. He didn't look anything like the description of Brian Anderson, and none of them recognized him.

"Did you see that guy?" asked Nancy, indicating the man who had just entered the bar with her chin. "I saw him standing across the street, watching us. I think I saw him earlier, too, back on campus. You're right, we did get here a little early, so I wouldn't expect to see Mary yet."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"I'll keep an eye on that guy. It could be a coincedence - I can't think of why someone whould be following us - but I'm feeling nervous tonight. If we want to be less obtrusive, we could get a table."
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Nanonano63 »

"Sounds like a plan," says Anthony as he walks to the door. Opening the door, he holds it for them, "Shall we?"
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"You go in - I'll wait outside a little longer so I can see Brian arrive. We all did just have dinner."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Anthony[/b], you are moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point, but you may read the new thread from the beginning, as the first post has a description of the inside of the bar. [b]Jerome[/b] remains in the current thread.
All the Young Dudes

"Thank you," said Nancy when Anthony held the door for her. She went inside, and he followed her.

As Jerome waited outside, he saw Mary approaching from down the block. She recognized him, smiling and waving as she walked closer.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

Jerome smiles and waves also. When she gets to him, he asks, "Any sign of Brian?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No, I was hoping you'd seen him," said Mary. She checked her watch. "Well, we are a little early. He should be here soon."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Professor Anthony and Nancy are inside the restaurant. I doubt Brian wil recognize me, but I'm waiting out here to see him arrive. "

Return to “Chapter 1”