Page 1 of 1

IC-Chapter 1-Oh You Pretty Things(Kathleen Scott/Barney)

Posted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:19 am
by Mr. Handy
Kathleen Scott's Apartment, 33rd and Spruce Streets - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
8:00 PM - Wednesday, July 16, 1969

Kathleen drove by Franklin Field on her way home. Not only did many of the University of Pennsylvania's sports teams play there, it was also the home field of the Philadelphia Eagles, the current laughingstocks of the NFL. Last year's pathetic season had culminated with the final loss to the Vikings in December, where the outraged fans booed and threw snowballs at a skinny, drunk young fan in a Santa Claus costume who had been invited out onto the field at halftime because the "real" Santa had been unable to make it due to the terrible weather. The team had been sold to trucking magnate Leonard Tose back in May. He had replaced the hated coach Joe Kuharich with Jerry Williams. Maybe the Eagles would do better when the new season would begin in September. They could hardly do any worse.

Kathleen parked her blue VW bug outside her apartment building and made her way inside. It was just starting to get dark now, as it was still the height of summer.
OOC,Since the apartment is yours, you are free to describe it.

Re: IC-Chapter 1-Oh You Pretty Things(Kathleen Scott only)

Posted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:17 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen walked up the sidewalk to the wooden deck that led directly to her apartment. She walked up the stairs and unlocked the steel door to the apartment. Directly ahead of her was the living room. It contained a large stuffed chair with an ottoman in front of it, a old beat up coach, and a rocking chair. As you walked further into the room a dining alcove opened up with a rickity kitchen table and 4 chairs. Then around the corner was the kitchen which had a stove, fridge, sink, and plenty of cabinet space. The living room also contained 2 large bookshelves with the books neatly arranged by subject, a television set on a table in the corner, and a few piles of clothes that had been dropped there earlier that day after Katheen and Maxine had come home from the laundrymat and instead of putting the clothes away had decided to drop them so that they could make out. There were a few pictures on the wall as well of family members. Turning left one passed a staircase going up. That staircase would lead to a room used as a study by the two girls along with a small half bathroom. The study was extremely messy with papers all over the desks along with other odds and ends. Down past the staircase was a small hall that led to on the left the bedroom and on the right the bathroom. The bathroom had the usual fixtures as well as a large shower and a large seperate tub.

The bedroom appeared at first to be an ordinary bedroom with a bed and dresser. However there was a large chest against the wall which was locked. The chest stood about 2 foot tall. Unlocking the chest one would find the following: Various kinds of gags, the Kama Sutra and other sexual literature, handcuffs and hoods and other bondage materials, a birch rod, a crop, a flogger, a wooden paddle, a ruler, a switch, and a tawse. These were used during the sex play before sex. Kathleen also knew they could be used as weapons as she had once used a crop to hurt a former boyfriend who tried to rape her after she dumped him.

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:58 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen smiled at her pretty things thankful that the time warp that seemed to have paused everything for what seemed like eternity was over. She sighed and went upstairs to the study where she picked up the phone and dialed her mothers house once again.

Posted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:28 pm
by Mr. Handy
Someone on the other end picked up after a few rings. "Hello?" asked Wanda Scott's voice.

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:18 am
by Mr Zombie killer
"Mom, are you alone?" Kathleen tearfully asked with hope.

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:17 am
by Mr. Handy
"No..." said Wanda hesitantly. "I'm not."

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 3:21 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
"I wish you were. I want so much to come home. I want to be accepted by you and Dad. It hurts me that you won't accept who I am. I have to go now. Remember who I am to you because you never know when you might read my obit in the paper. Bye." Katheleen hung up and started walking down the stairs. Halfway down she collapsed and began sobbing loudly.

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:18 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
After a few minutes, Kathleen got up, wiped her tears away, and left a note that stated,

"Max,
I have gone out for a bit. I need some space. I will try to be back tonight. If I am not I hope you understand. I need to think.
Love Always,
Kathy. "

She went to the bathroom and redid her makeup and then sprayed some perfume on and putting a coat on she walked out to her car and got in. She began to drive with no real destination in mind as of yet.

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:21 am
by Mr. Handy
Kathleen drove off into the twilight streets of Philadelphia, heading west. She drove through west Philly as the sky darkened further, though plenty of people were outside and it was still warm. The drive was uneventful and relaxing.

Posted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:17 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Occ-Can you describe some of what she is seeing?

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:43 am
by Mr. Handy
Kathleen was driving through a residential neighborhood west of 40th Street, but there were still a few shops, restaurants, and bars scattered here and there among the rowhouses. The neighborhood was definitely working class. There were still people outside, some walking dogs and some jogging, and there were a few children playing in yards. Traffic on the street was fairly light.
OOC,If there's something in particular you're looking for, let me know.

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:52 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Handy,She is trying to find someone who can sell her a handgun

Posted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:57 pm
by Mr. Handy
Kathleen Scott,[b]Kathleen[/b] already has a handgun, but if she'd like to buy another one, that's possible. She does know a Black Panther named [b]Bernie Jackson[/b] who lives in West Philadelphia, just a few blocks from here, who could sell her a handgun.

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 5:36 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Handy,Dang it. I totally forgot about that for some reason! Anyway okay how bout she is trying to find someone who can sell her a bomb. Does Bernie Jackson have access to that as well?

Posted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:52 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Kathleen[/b] isn't certain, but he might. If not, he probably knows someone else who can get her one.

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:03 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen saw that she was near the house of Bernie Jackson who was a Black Panther. She drove to his place of residence.

Posted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 am
by Mr. Handy
Kathleen drove to Bernie Jackson's house, a dilapidated rowhome on 43rd Street. She parked nearby, walked up to the wooden door, and knocked. The door didn't look like much, but it was solid. The windows were also barred. A minute later, she heard footsteps approach the door from within. An eyeball appeared at the peephole, and then she heard a chain being unlatched and more than one dead bolt being slid back. The door opened and she was face to face with Bernie, a tall, muscular black man in his twenties with close-cropped black hair that was not visible beneath his black beret. "Kathleen!" he said. "Now this is an unexpected pleasure! Good to see you again. What brings you by my pad?"

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:29 am
by Mr Zombie killer
"Bernie, its nice to see you again." Kathleen did the secret black panther handshake making sure to keep her body blocking it from view of the street. "Can I come in?"

Posted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:44 am
by Mr. Handy
"Sure, babe," said Bernie. He stepped back to let Kathleen inside. In addition to having two pistols on belt holsters, he also had a shotgun in an umbrella stand near the front door. Once she was in the vestibule, he shut the door, latched the chain lock, and secured three deadbolt locks. The place was a regular fortress, and Bernie's paranoia was obvious - though probably not enitrely without justification. He led her into the living room, where there were a threadbare couch, a leather armchair, and a black-and-white TV. "Can't be too careful. Never know when the pigs are watching. So, what's up?"

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:30 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen smiled and said, "You know I always liked you right? I need some kind of explosive device to teach the capalist scum that we exist. I mean just the other day there were the riots at Stonewall in NYC, we need something like that and I was wondering if you had something or do you know someone who does. If you can help me I am sure I can make it worth your while." She slowly undid the top two buttons on her blouse.

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:46 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Yeah?" said Bernie. "You got a particular target in mind?" He scratched his chin. "I might know I guy who could get you what you're looking for, but I need to be sure this is worth the candle."
OOC,[b]Kathleen[/b], roll Persuade (and explain what you want the bomb for).

Posted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:25 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen smiled and said, "Gulf Tower, home of Gulf Oil. It will protest the involvement of that company in the evil war in Vietnam which is killing so many of our brothers. So can you get me the explosives or do I need to give you another reason. She grabbed Bernie's hand and slowly moved it to her breast. However she saw that she had failed to persuade him.

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:46 am
by Mr. Handy
"I appreciate your revolutionary fervor," said Bernie, "but you need to get your priorities straight. It's the pigs who are the instrument of oppression. If it weren't for them, the oil companies wouldn't be able to scratch their own asses. The pigs turned their hoses and their dogs and their batons on my people down South when they stood up for their rights, and we're still victims of police brutality all the time. They shot Bobby Hutton dead in Oakland just last year, and they wounded Eldridge Cleaver. Then they framed Huey Newton on a trumped-up murder charge. The beatings, shootings, and planting of evidence have to stop, and Huey needs to be freed!"

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:18 am
by Mr Zombie killer
How bout the US Courthouse downtown then?

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 3:38 am
by Mr. Handy
Bernie scratched his chin again. "Now that's a thought," he said. "Tell you what. Come by tomorrow night and I'll introduce you to Jeremiah. He's the one who knows how to make what you're looking for."

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:59 am
by Mr Zombie killer
"Very well. Peace for the brothers until then, suffering for the oppressors." Kathleen smiled and walked out the door. She got back into her car and began to drive back to her house.

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:31 am
by Mr. Handy
By the time Kathleen got home, it was almost fully dark. The lights were still off, and nobody else had arrived yet. As she made her way to the front door, she heard the telephone start to ring from inside.

Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:39 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathelen quickly got into the house and ran up the stairs to the phone which she picked up and said, "Hello?"

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:27 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Kathleen[/b], roll DEX x 5 to see if you got there in time.

Posted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:01 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathy realized as she said "hello" that all she heard was a click and the dial tone. In her anger she slammed the phone down and then picked it up and called the bar where she had been earlier that day. "Yeah let me speak to Max, this is Kathy."

Posted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:13 am
by Mr. Handy
"Yo, Kathy, it's Lenny," said the bartender's familiar voice. "Max left a couple of minutes ago. She's probably on her way to your place right now."
OOC,[b]Kathleen[/b], roll Idea to think of who might have been calling.

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:37 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen hung up the phone and cursed silently. She then tried to think on who might have called her. "I have an idea on who might of called." she muttered to herself. She then dialed that number.

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:32 am
by Mr. Handy
Kathleen remembered that she had called her mother before she left, and what she had said to her was sure to have her worried. Realizing that she was most likely the one that had called, she dialed her mother's number. Someone picked up on the first ring.

"Kathy?" said Wanda Scott's trembling voice. "Is that you?"

Posted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:26 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
"Yes Ma its me. Have you and Dad accepted me for who I am yet?"

Posted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:21 am
by Mr. Handy
"Oh, Kathy, thank God you're all right!" said Wanda. "I've been so worried about you ever since you spoke about dying and hung up. I was afraid you were going to do something reckless. Your father was with me when you called earlier, but I convinced him it was just a wrong number. I got him to run an errand for me to get him out of the house and I've been calling ever since, but there was no answer. I...I was scared you had...Kathy, you know I love you very much, and so does your father. I understand that you're going through some rough times, and this is your way of rebelling. You're young and confused, and the world is in so much turmoil."

Posted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:59 am
by Mr Zombie killer
"If you care so much you and Dad will reopen my bank accounts and the trust fund for me. I am not rebelling. I love Max. She is the only one for me. Can't you see that? Every guy I have ever loved is hurt by me. Can't you see that I cannot love another man who will die?"

Posted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:25 am
by Mr. Handy
"So that's why your doing this," said Wanda. "Oh, Kathy, what happened to them is not your fault, and you mustn't blame yourself. Will and Sam made their own decisions. To love is to risk loss, but the risk is worth it. Everyone dies sooner or later, male or female. I lost Raymond too, remember. Not a day goes by that I don't think of him, God rest his soul. But you can't give up on love because it hurts." Kathleen could hear her mother sniffling on the other end of the line. "Treasure the times you do have, and keep the memories with you when they're over. I'm sorry, but I can't reopen your funds. Your father controls that, not me."

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:56 am
by Mr Zombie killer
"well then we have nothing more to talk about do we? I will have Max send word if I die." She hung up the phone and then went to lie down on the bed.

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:56 am
by Mr. Handy
No sooner had Kathleen reached the bed than the phone began to ring again.

Posted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:38 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen cursed to herself and then went to the kitchen where she picked up that phone. "Hello?"

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:29 am
by Mr. Handy
"Kathy, please don't hang up on me like that again!" said her mother's voice, worry evident in her tone. "I love you, and I want to help you. You keep talking about dying. Please tell me what's wrong!"

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:11 am
by Mr Zombie killer
"you and Dad told me that you want me to die the minute you took away my trust fund. I have the right to that money. You do not support my life choice then I might as well be dead to you."

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:45 am
by Mr. Handy
"Kathy, that's not true!" said Wanda. "I do love you, even if I don't always understand you. This isn't all about money, is it? I told you, your father controls our finances, not me. He is the head of the household. I'm not the one who cut you off."
OOC,[b]Kathleen[/b], roll Persuade if you want to try to get her to help you out financially.

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:25 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
"Mom I am just tired. I need to sleep. Maybe in the morning i will call you and maybe even drop by and we plus Dad can have a nice chat. I am not going to kill myself tonight. I am going now. Bye." Kathy hung up the phone and then took it off the hook.

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:45 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,There will be some delay as I wait for a couple of the other threads to catch up in time to yours. Please be patient.

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:33 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
I am. I understand.

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:16 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,I haven't forgotten about your thread. The other characters will be catching up to you and arriving here soon, but I can't be sure exactly when.

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:20 am
by Mr Zombie killer
occ,i was starting to wonder about when it would start. Do you want me to go out and look for them? Would that speed up things a bit?

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:27 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,No, they're going to arrive in the next instant of game time. However, they are still some time behind you at Lenny's Bar, where they are doing things. If you had stayed there with them, you'd be able to do things now, but it's too late for that. They will catch up with you once they finish up there.

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:33 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
occ,Yeah but i play Kathleen as a girl confused about her place in the world and not sure if she is a rebel or a good girl, a bitch or a saint, a hippie or a nixionite.

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:43 pm
by Mr. Handy
OOC,And that's fine. I tried to give her things to do in the meantime (visiting the Black Panthers, the phone call from her mother), but at this point I just have to wait for the other players, and some of them don't post all that often.

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:51 am
by Mr Zombie killer
occ,Well I appreciate that. I really do. See at this point I am playing with the character. Does she for instance really want the bomb for political use or is it personal use? Would she bomb her own parents in revenge? Is she really homosexual or bisexual or just a confused straight girl who is finding herself? Is she really a left wing hippie or is there some reason she is the way she is...perhaps cover for a right wing orgainzation?

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:23 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,That's one of the great things about your character, and I'm sure it makes her fun to play. She'll have plenty of opportunities to decide what she really wants to be.

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 3:02 am
by Mr Zombie killer
occ,Cool beans

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 5:32 am
by Mr. Handy
Kathleen heard the door open, and the voice of Maxine called out: "Honey, I'm home!"

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:19 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen sat up in bed and grabbed the fixings to make a marjuna ciggerate which she lit and then said, "I am in here."

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:40 am
by Mr. Handy
Maxine walked into the room. "Mary showed up all right, and there were some other oddballs who came at around the same time. There was this short guy in his early twenties who came in first, acting all weird. Then a couple of professors from the university entered. The short guy got all flustered, apologized for following the lady professor, and just left. The funny thing is, how could he have been following her if he got there first? Then Mary came in and asked Lenny about Brian, and he told her what happened. Poor girl looked shocked. Finally a guy in a wheelchair rolled in and joined the eggheads. Everyone else decided to go down to Police HQ to try to see Brian, and I came here to find you. Barney, Moonchild, and Daisy know to meet us here after they're done. Oh, and the male professor is your cousin, Anthony Scott. Thought that might interest you."

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:32 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
"Really? Cool. Tell me you like this Daisy person better then me right? That is why you stayed down with her all night instead of with your baby here at home right bitch?"

Posted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:17 am
by Mr. Handy
Maxine snorted. "Daisy?!" she said. "Please, that hippie chick doesn't even know the meaning of the word 'revolution.' I wasn't there all night, anyway. It's only half past eight. And I left the others to come home to you. So, tell me about this cousin of yours. Big coincidence that he showed up at the bar shortly after you left. I thought maybe he was looking for you, but he said he wasn't. He said they were looking for a student of theirs."
OOC,[b]Kathleen[/b], roll Idea.

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 3:56 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen smiled and said, " i have not thought of him for years." She got an idea and began to explain it to Maxine.

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:32 am
by Mr. Handy
It occurred to Kathleen that the student her cousin and his companions were looking for could very well have been Brian Anderson. Perhaps they were even seeking him on behalf of his father, Dr. Gregory Anderson.

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 11:35 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen said, "You know my cousin and his friends could have been looking for Brian Anderson and may have even been looking for him on behalf of his father, Dr. Gregory Anderson. Now go get your gimp outfit on bitch. Maybe Daisy will like you in that."

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:20 am
by Mr. Handy
"Wait a minute, how did your cousin get mixed up with that crowd?" asked Maxine. "I know they both teach at the university, but is he even in the same field? How would he know him?"
OOC,[b]Kathleen[/b] knows that [b]Anthony Scott[/b] teaches math, not medicine. However, she also realizes that it's possible that [b]Brian[/b] was a student in one of [b]Anthony[/b]'s classes.

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:22 am
by Mr Zombie killer
"Professer Scott is a math teacher it is true but Brian could have been in one of his classes. Now obey me or I will tell your new love Daisy that you cannot come out to play!"

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:37 am
by Mr. Handy
"Sounds like you're the one with a crush on Daisy," said Maxine. "I haven't given her a second thought." She rolled up a joint of her own and lit it from Kathleen's, then started blowing smoke rings with it. "And everyone thinks I'm the dominatrix. What's the rush, anyway? You got ants in your pants?"

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:01 am
by Mr Zombie killer
"Ya right. I am the bitch in this relationship. Please girl. On your knees and I will show you who is boss."

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:33 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Yes, ma'am," said Maxine, getting down on her knees. "Are you going to give me a spanking?"

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:49 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
"No because you wish it." Instead Kathreen chained Maxine to the wall and then left the room going to the living room to wait for the rest of the group.

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:47 pm
by Mr. Handy
"This reminds me a joke," Maxine called after Kathleen as she left. "What happens when you lock a sadist and a masochist in a room together?"

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:30 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
"Quiet woman or its the gag for you!" Kathleen then turned on the record player playing The Beatles Rubber Soul.

Posted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:44 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen sighed, "When the fuck are people going to get here!"

Posted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:32 am
by Mr. Handy
"They're going to be a while," said Maxine. "We could leave now and hurry to police headquarters and try to catch them before they leave, but we could miss them if we take too long. If you're bored, you could always talk to me."

Posted: Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:24 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
"I am going for a walk. You want to come?"

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:46 am
by Mr. Handy
"You bet your sweet bippy," said Maxine. She tugged at the chains. "Uh, mind releasing me first?"

Posted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:16 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathy smiled and said, " I said we are going for a walk." She undid most of the chains but then put a dog collar and leash on Maxine and said, "Heel girl, down, stay!"

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:47 am
by Mr. Handy
Maxine got down on her hands and knees. "Arf," she said, in a voice that was very human and not at all intended to sound like a dog barking. "Woof."

Posted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:41 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
"Good girl. Lets go!" Kathleen opened the door and began to walk down the driveway to the street dragging Maxine along behind her.

Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:16 am
by Mr. Handy
Maxine crawled outside after Kathleen on her hands and knees - not that she had any choice. It was now darker outside, and nobody was around.

Posted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:25 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen smiled and took the leash chaining it to a stake in the yard, "Sit girl. That is good." She then sat on the porch.

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:24 am
by Mr. Handy
Maxine sat up on her haunches in the yard and scratched herself behind the ear with one hand.

Posted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:49 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen sighed and said, "When are the others going to get here?"

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:01 am
by Mr. Handy
"It'll be a while," said Maxine. "I don't know how long they're going to spend down at police headquarters, but it's a good twenty minutes or more drive away whenever they finish. Er, I mean: Woof."
OOC,It is going to take a some time for the other thread to wrap up, but I'll try to get things moving there. Some of the players don't post very often, however. In the meantime, you can talk to [b]Maxine[/b].

Posted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:03 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathy walked over and undid Maxine from the chain. "Okay you can be human again. So tell me a story. About anything."

Posted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:27 am
by Mr. Handy
"Thanks," said Maxine, standing back up. "Anything, huh? Okay, I got one. Did I ever tell you about when my father was blacklisted? He had joined the Communist Party back in the 1930s, when I was growing up. He wasn't a member for long; he was still experimenting with different philosophies back then, but he was still what you'd call a fellow traveler, and he was always very active in his union. He had a good job with DuPont until that right-wing fanatic Joe McCarthy hauled him before the House Un-American Activities Committee. When he wouldn't name names, he lost his job and couldn't find another decent one for years."

Posted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:45 am
by Mr Zombie killer
"That Hoover bastard. Has not done anything good for this country since locking up Machine Gun Kelly!"

Posted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:08 am
by Mr. Handy
"Yeah, tell me about it," said Maxine. "The old goat's been around forever, too. He's been in charge of the FBI for over forty years! Presidents come and go, but Hoover is forever. Well, he's bound to die sooner or later."

Posted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:21 am
by Mr Zombie killer
"the only good thing bout him is he is gay like you and me!"

Posted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:36 am
by Mr. Handy
"I've heard those rumors too," said Max. "I'm not sure if they're true, but I hope they are. Can you imagine if we actually had proof? We could blackmail that fascist pig and make him do anything!"

Posted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:59 am
by Mr Zombie killer
"Yeah and end up Public Enemy #1 and 2!"

Posted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:47 am
by Mr. Handy
"A girl can dream, can't she?" said Max with a shrug.

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:58 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathy sighed and took a smoke from her pack.

Re: IC-Chapter 1-Oh You Pretty Things(Kathleen Scott/Barney)

Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:49 am
by Mr. Handy
After Kathleen finished smoking her cigarette, a familiar VW minibus came down the street and parked nearby. Moonchild, Daisy, and Barney got out and walked over.

Posted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:37 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen smiled and said, "well the party can now begin. Daisy get your sweet little ass over here so I can give you a good spanking for taking your time."

Posted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:57 am
by Mr. Handy
"Me?" said Daisy. "It wasn't my fault. Moonchild and I didn't even go inside, and he was driving."

"I drove fast enough," said Moonchild. "But, yeah, I didn't go in either. Barney will have to fill us in on what went down with Mary and the cops." He looked at Barney expectantly.

Posted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:11 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathy sighed and said, "Your no fun you darn square. Lets go in. I have some beer in the fridge."

Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:10 am
by Mr. Handy
"A beer would sure hit the spot," said Maxine. "Let's go." She followed Kathleen inside. Barney, Moonchild, and Daisy followed too.

Maxine went over to the fridge and pulled out a six-pack. "Okay, Barney," she said as she distributed one beer to everyone, leaving one to spare. "Spill it. What went down?"

Posted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:52 pm
by mikc
"Well," begins Barney, looking around the table at the assembled group, "it was all pretty heavy, as you can imagine. Plod were on their home turf and being pretty uncool about things.
The way I see it is, Brian's up to his neck in it; they're going to bang him up for a long time.
I mean, I tried to help - blagged my way through as an agent interested in his talents, but he was too dumb or too much in shock to play along. I split before the fuzz got on my case, too.
There were these scientists there, too, who seemed pretty worried about the ´Morpheus` gear he was carrying - it's not illegal, but probably dangerous."

Barney pauses a moment.

"Thing is, he's up for attempted murder, possession with intent to deal, assaulting a cop ... I mean, he'd better have access to some pretty good lawyers, or he's going down for life. And as for Mary - well, she disowned Brian pretty well as soon as she got the chance. Last I saw her, she was getting all pally with some cop.
Heavy scene, man,"
he finishes.

Posted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:20 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
"So what we going to do? I can get some bombs and we could go bomb them back to the stoneage...or is that too much for a peacenik like you Daisy to take? Hey girl we are going to be talking adult talk in here, why not go into the next room. I have some "toys" there for babies to play with."

Posted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:41 am
by Mr. Handy
Daisy frowned. "Bombs?!" she said. "I hope that's a joke, but even if it is, it's not funny."

"If I wanted to blow things up, I'd go to Nam," said Moonchild. "We believe in peace, man. War is not healthy for children and other living things."

"I believe we already worked out a plan," said Maxine. "Kathy and I were going to go see Dr. Anderson in the morning and try to get in on the experiment, then find out what we can. It's only open to Penn students, so we're the only ones who can do it. The rest of you might be able to help do some snooping on the outside and find out what the deal is. Barney, you said you think Morpheus is dangerous? What did they say about it?"

Posted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:56 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathy said, "Yeah you believe in peace and watch the Nazis take over. Thats ok. Those of use who know that only in war can you get peace will rule the world one day while you and your kids will be bums living in Seattle drinking coffee."

Posted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:58 am
by Mr. Handy
"Not all wars are just, of course," added Maxine quickly. "We have no business being in Vietnam. World War Two was one thing, but this is a clearly illegal war."

"It's easy for you to say," Moonchild said to Kathleen. "You can't be drafted. I can. And if I do get a draft notice, my kids will have to settle for Vancouver instead."

Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:06 am
by mikc
Mr. Handy wrote: "Barney, you said you think Morpheus is dangerous? What did they say about it?" saidMaxine.
"Well, apparently it's not a drug at all - just a potentially deadly chemical which is all very hush-hush.
Perhaps this Brian really does belong in the nick, if he's trying to sell untested, dangerous sh*t to random strangers!
The scientists at the cop shop seemed worried about it getting on the streets, and no mistake!"

Posted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:48 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen just said to Moonchild, "Yeah hippy boy. I would burn my draft card if I can but all I can do is burn my bra. At least I am free. How bout you repressing your little love biscuit over there. Not that Daisy would know what to do if she were free that is."

Posted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:46 am
by Mr. Handy
"What did the scientists say about Morpheus after I left, exactly?" Maxine asked Barney.

"I've had enough of your negative vibes," said Moonchild to Kathleen.

"Yeah," said Daisy. "All you do is bring people down. Not groovy. Come on, let's get out of here."

"I'm with you, baby." Moonchild took Daisy by the arm and they walked out the door.

Posted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:47 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen yelled at the door after them, "Make love not war peacenik biches" and then slammed the door after them. She turned to Maxine and Barney and said, "you guys care for some whiskey or LSD cake?"

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:11 am
by Mr. Handy
"Whiskey for me, please," said Maxine. She smirked at the door after Kathleen had slammed it. "We don't need those hippies anyway. The three of us are up to the task."

Posted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:17 pm
by mikc
Mr. Handy wrote:"What did the scientists say about Morpheus after I left, exactly?" Maxine asked Barney.
"That was about it, really; I think they said there's only been one production run so far."

Posted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 1:49 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen poured three large glasses of whiskey and handed them out to Barney and Maxine. She sat down and crossed her legs while sipping at her glass of whiskey.

Posted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:20 am
by Mr. Handy
Maxine sat on the couch and sipped her whiskey too. "We need to make a plan for tomorrow," she said. "In the morning, Kathleen and I can go down to Dr. Anderson's office and see if we can get into that experiment this weekend. We're grad students, so we're eligible to participate. Barney, you're not, but I'm sure there's something else you can do while we're meeting the professor. Maybe you could do a little background research on him?"

Posted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 3:54 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen smiled and said, "If you want you can do a little background research on me and Maxine right now. Your cute and we like the rough stuff"

Posted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:44 pm
by Mr. Handy
Maxine laughed when Barney didn't respond. "I think he's shy, Kathy," she said.
OOC,[b]Barney[/b], roll Idea.

Posted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:31 am
by mikc
Success,80%, rolled 31:[url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2467200/[/url]

Posted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:41 am
by Mr. Handy
Barney Brainstorm,[b]Barney[/b] realized that as a professor at Penn, [b]Dr. Anderson[/b] would have published more than a few papers, and there was likely information about him at one or more of the university's libraries in addition to anything he had written himself. Of course, the libraries wouldn't be open until the morning. It also occurred to him that when the hippies had left, so had his ride. They had brought him here in their minibus, and in order to get home he would have to either walk a good distance or take a cab or a bus...or he could crash here for the night.

Posted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 6:14 pm
by mikc
"Welll ..." Barney eyed up the two chicks, "I wouldn't say no to an invite to stay over; I can check out the libraries tomorrow, and in the meantime ..."

He left the sentence hanging and made himself more comfortable, moving nearer to the girls.
ooc,that's as far as I roleplay this situation!

Posted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 4:17 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Handy,I agree with Mikc. Lets say whatever happens happens and skip ahead to morning

Posted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:38 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Okay, I'll skip ahead to morning when I can. There's just one thread that needs to be wrapped up before we can move on to Thursday morning. The events that are happening there may impact what happens tomorrow. Hopefully it won't be too long of a delay.

Posted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:27 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Please bear with me a while longer. It's taking some time to finish up the other thread that's still on Wednesday night before I can move on to Thursday. I'll try to get your thread moving as soon as I can.

Posted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:10 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Your wait won't be too much longer. Something may happen Wednesday night depending on how another thread goes, so I can't move you ahead to Thursday morning just yet.

Posted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:40 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Okay, we're ready to get moving again! Hope you're both still with me, and I'm sorry for the delay.
The night passed in a marijuana-induced haze. Even though Barney himself did not indulge, there was enough blowing in the air from the two women that he couldn't help getting a buzz from it.

It was a little past 8:00 when they finally awakened, sunlight streaming in through the windows. Maxine sat up groggily and rubbed her eyes. "God, I'm hungry!" she exclaimed.

Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:08 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen turned over in the bed and slapped Maxine on the ass. "Well get up bitch and cook us breakfast then!"

Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:49 am
by Mr. Handy
Maxine dragged herself out of bed. "All right," she said, "but I'm a terrible cook. Hope you like your eggs runny and your toast burnt." She trundled over to the apartment's small kitchen area and began to cobble together something resembling breakfast.

Posted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 11:25 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen said to Maxine, "You better cook me a good breakfast otherwise you will get a spanking and I will make our guest watch and he may even be allowed to spank you as well." She turned to Barney and said, "See its all in how you deal with the women to make her work." She then got out of bed letting Barney see her naked body for a few seconds before slipping a robe on.

Posted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:05 am
by Mr. Handy
"Oh, no," said Maxine in mock horror. "Not a spanking!" With a smirk, she finished cooking breakfast. Before long she served eggs, bacon, and toast to everyone.

Posted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:34 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen walked up to Maxine and smacked her ass lighlty and then said, "Bitch you will not make me to be a fool in front of guests." She then ate her food and said to the group, "Well what do we do now?"

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 4:32 am
by Mr. Handy
"Don't need to," said Maxine with a smirk. "You can be a fool all by yourself, Kathy. The plan we agreed on was that you and I would see if we can get in on the study. While we're doing that, Barney's going to see what he can find out about this Professor Anderson cat. Sound good?"

Posted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:47 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathy said, "As long as your remember your place bitch everything is good. If not then there may be a spanking in your future and I may have to drag out the cat o nine tales to do it. You understand?"

Posted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:49 am
by Mr. Handy
"Yeah, yeah," said Maxine. "Let's go to campus, then. You coming, Barney?"

Posted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:36 am
by Mr Zombie killer
"Lets go then women. I will drive as I am the "man"

Posted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:35 am
by Mr. Handy
Kathleen drove Maxine and Barney onto campus in her VW Beetle. It was a short drive, but it was a little faster than walking. During the spring and fall semesters it could take longer simply because parking was harder to come by, but in the summer there were plenty of spaces to be had. Barney headed for the medical library to find out what he could about Professor Anderson while Maxine and Kathleen went to find his office.

John Morgan Hall, School of Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
9:00 AM - Thursday, July 17, 1969

Both women went through the front doors and up two flights of stairs, where they soon found Room 322, Professor Anderson's office. The door was closed and locked when they arrived, and no light was on inside. A piece of paper was stuck on the window with Scotch tape. It read: "Dr. Anderson will be unavailable today. Anyone wishing to talk about the study this weekend should see Professor Nancy Remington in Room 325." That room was on the other side of the hall and two doors over. It was closed, but there was light shining beyond the door.

Posted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:07 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen sighed, smacked Maxine lightly on the ass and said, "Hey another woman. Maybe we can join and have a threesome tonight." She then headed over to Room 325.

Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:19 am
by Mr. Handy
Maxine followed Kathleen into Room 325, which looked much like any professor's office. This one was neatly laid out, and psychology textbooks lined a set of bookshelves. Behind the desk sat a slight, attractive woman in her thirties with long, dark hair. She looked up when the women entered, steepling her fingers on the desk in front of her. "Good morning, ladies," she said. "I'm Assistant Professor Nancy Remington. How can I help you?"

Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:45 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen said, "We want to join the experiment."

Posted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:26 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Oh, good," said Nancy. "Please, sit down, both of you." She motioned to two chairs in the office that faced her desk. "We've had a couple of people drop out, so there are openings. I'll be assisting Professor Anderson in the experiment this weekend. I'll just need to interview you two first and get some information. First, what are your names and majors?" She took out a notebook and a pen, opened the book, and held the pen poised over it to write.

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:09 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen gave her particulars to the professor.

Posted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:54 am
by Mr. Handy
"Maxine Grey," said Maxine. "I'm a grad student majoring in history."

"Good," said Nancy, jotting down some notes. "Now, do either of you take drugs? It doesn't automatically disqualify you if you do, but you'll have to refrain from them from now until the experiment is over. They might interact with what we're testing and could interfere with the results of the experiment. Also, if you are on any medications, I'll need to know about those."

Posted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:03 am
by Mr Zombie killer
"What kind of drugs are you talking about? I like to get high every now and then. You a square?"

Posted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:59 am
by Mr. Handy
"I'm not here to judge you," said Nancy. "I just want this experiment to be as safe and accurate as possible. I'll need to know about any kinds of drugs, especially those with mind-altering properties. If you want to participate, you'll need to lay off them until it's over, that's all. If you can't do that, I'm sure there are others who will want the fifty dollars."

"The only drug I've taken lately is marijuana," said Maxine. "I can give it up for a few days, no problem. Maybe the stuff you're testing will be better, who knows?"

Posted: Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:40 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen said, "Well I do not take drugs so I am fine to lay off anything illegal anyway. Does beer count as a drug?"

Posted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:18 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Yes," said Nancy, "you'll also need to abstain from alcohol until the experiment is over. It's known for its mood-altering properties too. Now, what interests you about this experiment, and where did you hear about it?"

Posted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:17 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen said, "Maxine can speak for both of us."

Posted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:24 am
by Mr. Handy
"I saw a flyer on a bulletin board," said Max. "Then I told Kathy about it and she was interested in it too. Neither of us wants to miss the chance to have some trippy dreams - or to earn fifty bucks, for that matter."

"I can't guarantee what kind of dreams you'll have," said Nancy. "Half of everyone in the experiment will be in the control group, and only those of us running the experiment will know who that is. Why don't you two tell me about some of the dreams you've had? Do you recall any of your dreams? Do you dream in black and white, or in color? Have you ever realized while dreaming that you were in a dream, or been able to control the world of your dream?"

Posted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:59 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen looked at Max and muttered, "Oh my God she is such a weirdo."

Posted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:22 am
by Mr. Handy
"You haven't answered my questions," said Nancy. "We need to know about your normal dreaming patterns so we can compare them to the results of the experiment."

Posted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:13 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen told the woman everything she remembered about her dreams including the ones in which she was having sex with guys, girls, dogs, and fish.

Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:20 am
by Mr. Handy
"Interesting," said Nancy, scribbling notes. "And how did these dreams make you feel?"

Posted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:24 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
"Horny how do you think. Your really strange. Can we sign up or not?"

Posted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:27 am
by Mr. Handy
"Yes, you'll be suitable," said Nancy. She took a couple of sheets of typewritten paper from her desk and handed one each to Kathleen and Maxine along with ballpoint pens. "Please read and sign these waivers. They're required in order to participate in the experiment."
OOC,[b]Kathleen[/b], if you read the document, roll Law.

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:43 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen quickly glanced at the document but it was all mumble jumble to her. "Oh well" she said as she signed the document.

Posted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:56 am
by Mr. Handy
Kathleen could understand most of the legalese. It was standard boilerplate, and by signing it she waived the right to sue in case something went wrong. There were a few clauses that were beyond her, but it didn't look like much to worry about.

Maxine barely glanced at the waiver before she signed hers too.

Nancy took the documents and filed them away in a drawer. "Thank you, ladies," she said. "Maxine, why don't you tell me about your dreams?"

"Most of the time I don't even remember them," said Maxine. "There was this one that stuck in my head that was a lot like Alice in Wonderland."

"Were you Alice?"

"No, I was more like the White Rabbit. Kathleen was Alice. The dream was in color. People dream in black and white?"

"Most people do, actually."

"Never knew that. I always assumed that since I dream in color, everyone else does too."

Nancy jotted down a few more notes. "Do either of you have any more questions? If not, I'll see you tomorrow evening in Room 110."

Posted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:22 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen said, "What time do we have to be there? You said tommorow evening but never gave us a time."

Posted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:24 pm
by Mr. Handy
"8:00 PM," said Nancy, "like it said on the flyer."

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:16 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen nodded and got up. She walked out in the hall and muttered, "Bitch" then waited for Maxine to join her.

Posted: Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:51 am
by Mr. Handy
Maxine followed Kathleen out of the office and back into the hall. "So, where do you want to go now?" she asked. "We could go see what Barney's doing in the library, maybe help him out with his research."

Posted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:46 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen said, "We could do that or we could go see what the Black Panthers are doing. Its up to you Baby."

Posted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:33 am
by Mr. Handy
"I don't think the Panthers would have any information about this," said Maxine. "Let's go check up on Barney." Tbe two women left John Morgan Hall and went to the nearby Biomedical Library, where they found Barney poring over some books. It was about 9:30 AM when they arrived.

"Hey, girls," said Barney. "I've only been at it half an hour, so I don't have much to show for it yet, but I'll keep looking. If you want to lend me a hand, I'd appreciate it. So, how did your interview go? What was Dr. Anderson like?"
OOC,If you want to help [b]Barney[/b] with his research, roll Library Use.

Posted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:22 am
by Mr Zombie killer
kathy sighed and said, "I don't want to be in a libary baby. I want to party!"

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:45 am
by Mr. Handy
"Don't you want to know everything there is to know about this Anderson cat before you become his guinea pigs?" asked Barney. "I know I would."

"That's a good point," said Maxine. "We can party again tonight, Kathy, but we should find out what we can now while the library's open."

Posted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:02 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen said, "Well you do the research and I will go do my own research. Maybe the Black Panthers know about Anderson. They are underground after all. So i will go check and meet you at the cafeteria at 11:30 AM ok?" Without waiting for an answer she left the library.

Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:54 am
by Mr. Handy
"It's going to take us longer than that to finish what we're doing," said Maxine as Kathleen left, "but we'll break for lunch then."

Kathleen went back to her car and drove into West Philly. The neighborhood where Bernie Jackson lived looked just as run-down in the daylight, but it was now more obvious to the eye. She parked near the house at around 10:00 AM.

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:12 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen got out of her car and walked up to the door of Bernie Jacksons house

Posted: Mon May 09, 2011 3:27 am
by Mr. Handy
The door looked just as it had the night before. It was closed and, knowing Bernie, locked several times over.

Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 9:25 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen knocked on the door

Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:11 am
by Mr. Handy
A minute later there was the sound of the locks being undone, one after another. Bernie opened the door and looked curiously at Kathleen. "You're very early," he said. "I wasn't expecting you until tonight. Jeremiah ain't gonna be here until then."

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 4:19 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen smiled and said, "Well maybe me and you can get it on until then hmm?"

Posted: Fri May 20, 2011 5:30 am
by Mr. Handy
Bernie grinned. "Yeah, we could do that," he said, opening the door wide. "Come on in."

Posted: Sat May 21, 2011 11:54 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen walked into the house

Posted: Tue May 24, 2011 4:58 am
by Mr. Handy
The vestibule and living room didn't look any different than they had last night. Once Kathleen was inside, Bernie set about locking all of the locks once again. "Can I get you something to drink?" he asked.

Posted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:29 am
by Mr Zombie killer
"What do you have my lover?"

Posted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:44 am
by Mr. Handy
"I got all kinds of things, honey," said Bernie. "If it's beer you want, I got some ice cold Buds. Got some champagne if you wanna get all fancy. Or if you want the good stuff, I got a fifth of prime Kentucky bourbon just waiting for a special occasion."

Posted: Mon May 30, 2011 11:23 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
"Oh give me some of that bourbon please"

Posted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:11 am
by Mr. Handy
"I had a feeling I knew what you wanted," said Bernie. He ducked into the kitchen and came back shortly afterwards with a bottle of bourbon and two shot glasses. He sauntered over to the couch and spread out, patting the seat next to him. Then he opened the bottle, filled the glasses, and held one out to Kathleen.

Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:17 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen sat down next to him and began to sip the bourbon.

Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 4:38 am
by Mr. Handy
Bernie took a swig of the bourbon and slipped his arm around her. "Want me to put some music on?" he asked. "Got a preference?"

Posted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:30 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen smiled and said, "Anything by the Beatles?"

(OCC-Handy will be leaving town for Georgia at the end of this week. Will look to update before then. Will be back Early july. Thanks!)

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:54 am
by Mr. Handy
"I sure do," said Bernie. He got up and went over to the rack of records near his stereo and record player, flipped through them, and picked one out. He put it on the turntable, placed the needle on it, and started it up. Then he returned to the couch. He slid down next to Kathleen and moved in for a kiss as the music began to play from the speakers:

Let me take you down
'Cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields
Nothing is real
And nothing to get hung about
Strawberry Fields forever

Posted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:02 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen moved away and said, "Wait you ever hear of being a gentlemen?"

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:13 am
by Mr. Handy
"I thought that's what I was doin'," said Bernie, chuckling. "I shared my best bourbon with you, put on the music you like, all the romantic things to put you in the mood, baby. You done told me this is why you showed up so early. I'd never complain if you decided not to be ladylike."

While he spoke, the music continued to play:

Living is easy with eyes closed
Misunderstanding all you see
It's getting hard to be someone
But it all works out
It doesn't matter much to me

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:28 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen smiled and said, "Well i just want to know how the plans are going?"

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:29 am
by Mr. Handy
"You're the one with the plan," said Bernie. "My part is just to introduce you to Jeremiah, and he won't be here for several hours. You'll have to sell him on your plan, and if he likes it, he'll get you what you need. He was a combat engineer in World War Two. Back then, the Army was still segregated."

The music continued to play:

Let me take you down
Nothing is real

Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:24 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen said, "I wish I could serve in the army. Then I would take my gun and go shoot President Nixon."

Posted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:01 am
by Mr. Handy
Bernie laughed. "If it were that easy," he said, "someone would have done it already. You're lucky, though. If you could serve, you'd be draft bait. That's how the Man exploits the poor, by forcing them into the military and making them do his bidding in Vietnam. The draft is just another form of slavery."

The next verse came from the speakers:
No one I think is in my tree
I mean it must be high or low
That is you can't, you know, tune in
But it's all right
That is I think it's not too bad

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 2:18 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen said, "So you saying a woman cannot fight? What were only good for fucking and making babies? Maybe i should get into the kitchen and make you some supper? That's what your saying?"

Posted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:47 am
by Mr. Handy
"No, babe," said Bernie, "that ain't what I'm saying at all. Women do great things for the revolution, and some can fight just as good as a man. I'm just saying be glad you aren't being forced to fight for the wrong cause."

The music played on:
Let me take you down
Nothing is real

Posted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:29 pm
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen said, "but it would be wounderful if one of us can get inside that evil army and take it down from the inside. I would be willing. Maybe I should cut my hair and tie my breasts so that they are not noticed. What do you think?"

Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:42 am
by Mr. Handy
"Babe," said Bernie, "there ain't no way you can hide how fine you look. Some of my fellow Panthers do have Army training, and it serves them well. Of course, anyone who volunteers now will be shipped off to Nam before he can do much of anything. But that's a good idea for after this damn war is over."

The song continued:
Always, no sometimes, think it's me
But you know I know when it's a dream
I think I know I mean a yes
But it's all wrong
That is I think I disagree

Posted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:25 am
by Mr Zombie killer
Kathleen said, "Don't judge a book by its cover. I could take you down in a hearbeat if I wanted to.'

Posted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:17 am
by Mr. Handy
Bernie grinned and stood up. "That sounds like a challenge to me," he said. "Think you could take me? Then let's wrestle. We'll see who can pin who first."

The song finished:
Let me take you down
Nothing is real

Posted: Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:10 am
by ImpInTraining
Barnie closed the books he'd been searching through, done with his investigation on Professor Anderson. He looked around for Maxine to see if she was done as well, and wondered just how many blokes Kathleen had gone and shagged since they split ways.