IC-Chapter 1-Oh You Pretty Things(Kathleen Scott/Barney)

Bill Johns and several other people attempt to understand the significance of the appearance of a new drug named Morpheus and its use in an experiment with college students as test subjects.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

IC-Chapter 1-Oh You Pretty Things(Kathleen Scott/Barney)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kathleen Scott's Apartment, 33rd and Spruce Streets - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
8:00 PM - Wednesday, July 16, 1969

Kathleen drove by Franklin Field on her way home. Not only did many of the University of Pennsylvania's sports teams play there, it was also the home field of the Philadelphia Eagles, the current laughingstocks of the NFL. Last year's pathetic season had culminated with the final loss to the Vikings in December, where the outraged fans booed and threw snowballs at a skinny, drunk young fan in a Santa Claus costume who had been invited out onto the field at halftime because the "real" Santa had been unable to make it due to the terrible weather. The team had been sold to trucking magnate Leonard Tose back in May. He had replaced the hated coach Joe Kuharich with Jerry Williams. Maybe the Eagles would do better when the new season would begin in September. They could hardly do any worse.

Kathleen parked her blue VW bug outside her apartment building and made her way inside. It was just starting to get dark now, as it was still the height of summer.
OOC,Since the apartment is yours, you are free to describe it.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Re: IC-Chapter 1-Oh You Pretty Things(Kathleen Scott only)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Kathleen walked up the sidewalk to the wooden deck that led directly to her apartment. She walked up the stairs and unlocked the steel door to the apartment. Directly ahead of her was the living room. It contained a large stuffed chair with an ottoman in front of it, a old beat up coach, and a rocking chair. As you walked further into the room a dining alcove opened up with a rickity kitchen table and 4 chairs. Then around the corner was the kitchen which had a stove, fridge, sink, and plenty of cabinet space. The living room also contained 2 large bookshelves with the books neatly arranged by subject, a television set on a table in the corner, and a few piles of clothes that had been dropped there earlier that day after Katheen and Maxine had come home from the laundrymat and instead of putting the clothes away had decided to drop them so that they could make out. There were a few pictures on the wall as well of family members. Turning left one passed a staircase going up. That staircase would lead to a room used as a study by the two girls along with a small half bathroom. The study was extremely messy with papers all over the desks along with other odds and ends. Down past the staircase was a small hall that led to on the left the bedroom and on the right the bathroom. The bathroom had the usual fixtures as well as a large shower and a large seperate tub.

The bedroom appeared at first to be an ordinary bedroom with a bed and dresser. However there was a large chest against the wall which was locked. The chest stood about 2 foot tall. Unlocking the chest one would find the following: Various kinds of gags, the Kama Sutra and other sexual literature, handcuffs and hoods and other bondage materials, a birch rod, a crop, a flogger, a wooden paddle, a ruler, a switch, and a tawse. These were used during the sex play before sex. Kathleen also knew they could be used as weapons as she had once used a crop to hurt a former boyfriend who tried to rape her after she dumped him.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Kathleen smiled at her pretty things thankful that the time warp that seemed to have paused everything for what seemed like eternity was over. She sighed and went upstairs to the study where she picked up the phone and dialed her mothers house once again.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Someone on the other end picked up after a few rings. "Hello?" asked Wanda Scott's voice.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"Mom, are you alone?" Kathleen tearfully asked with hope.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No..." said Wanda hesitantly. "I'm not."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"I wish you were. I want so much to come home. I want to be accepted by you and Dad. It hurts me that you won't accept who I am. I have to go now. Remember who I am to you because you never know when you might read my obit in the paper. Bye." Katheleen hung up and started walking down the stairs. Halfway down she collapsed and began sobbing loudly.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

After a few minutes, Kathleen got up, wiped her tears away, and left a note that stated,

"Max,
I have gone out for a bit. I need some space. I will try to be back tonight. If I am not I hope you understand. I need to think.
Love Always,
Kathy. "

She went to the bathroom and redid her makeup and then sprayed some perfume on and putting a coat on she walked out to her car and got in. She began to drive with no real destination in mind as of yet.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kathleen drove off into the twilight streets of Philadelphia, heading west. She drove through west Philly as the sky darkened further, though plenty of people were outside and it was still warm. The drive was uneventful and relaxing.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Occ-Can you describe some of what she is seeing?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kathleen was driving through a residential neighborhood west of 40th Street, but there were still a few shops, restaurants, and bars scattered here and there among the rowhouses. The neighborhood was definitely working class. There were still people outside, some walking dogs and some jogging, and there were a few children playing in yards. Traffic on the street was fairly light.
OOC,If there's something in particular you're looking for, let me know.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Handy,She is trying to find someone who can sell her a handgun
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kathleen Scott,[b]Kathleen[/b] already has a handgun, but if she'd like to buy another one, that's possible. She does know a Black Panther named [b]Bernie Jackson[/b] who lives in West Philadelphia, just a few blocks from here, who could sell her a handgun.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Handy,Dang it. I totally forgot about that for some reason! Anyway okay how bout she is trying to find someone who can sell her a bomb. Does Bernie Jackson have access to that as well?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Kathleen[/b] isn't certain, but he might. If not, he probably knows someone else who can get her one.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Kathleen saw that she was near the house of Bernie Jackson who was a Black Panther. She drove to his place of residence.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Kathleen drove to Bernie Jackson's house, a dilapidated rowhome on 43rd Street. She parked nearby, walked up to the wooden door, and knocked. The door didn't look like much, but it was solid. The windows were also barred. A minute later, she heard footsteps approach the door from within. An eyeball appeared at the peephole, and then she heard a chain being unlatched and more than one dead bolt being slid back. The door opened and she was face to face with Bernie, a tall, muscular black man in his twenties with close-cropped black hair that was not visible beneath his black beret. "Kathleen!" he said. "Now this is an unexpected pleasure! Good to see you again. What brings you by my pad?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"Bernie, its nice to see you again." Kathleen did the secret black panther handshake making sure to keep her body blocking it from view of the street. "Can I come in?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Sure, babe," said Bernie. He stepped back to let Kathleen inside. In addition to having two pistols on belt holsters, he also had a shotgun in an umbrella stand near the front door. Once she was in the vestibule, he shut the door, latched the chain lock, and secured three deadbolt locks. The place was a regular fortress, and Bernie's paranoia was obvious - though probably not enitrely without justification. He led her into the living room, where there were a threadbare couch, a leather armchair, and a black-and-white TV. "Can't be too careful. Never know when the pigs are watching. So, what's up?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Kathleen smiled and said, "You know I always liked you right? I need some kind of explosive device to teach the capalist scum that we exist. I mean just the other day there were the riots at Stonewall in NYC, we need something like that and I was wondering if you had something or do you know someone who does. If you can help me I am sure I can make it worth your while." She slowly undid the top two buttons on her blouse.

Return to “Chapter 1”