IC-Chapter 1-Law(Gains/Levington/Lt. Yeager/Sgt. Rawlings)

Bill Johns and several other people attempt to understand the significance of the appearance of a new drug named Morpheus and its use in an experiment with college students as test subjects.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Chapter 1-Law(Alan Gains/Father Nathaniel Levington)

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yeah, sure," said Charlie Rawlings. "Let's go up to the office. We've got coffee there." He looked at Alan Gains again. "You can confer with your client some more if you like. Lieutenant Yeager will be along soon to ask him some more questions."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
TheAlchemist
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years

Post by TheAlchemist »

"Lead the way."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Alan Gains[/b], you are moving to the thread linked below. You should stop reading the current thread at this point. Dualshock71, if you return, post in the new IC thread. [b]Father Levington[/b] remains in the current thread.
Changes

Sergeant Charlie Rawlings led Father Nathaniel Levington out of the interrogation room, closing the door behind him. They returned down the hall to the elevators, and Charlie pressed the button to call one. The doors opened immediately, as nobody had called it away since the sergeant had come down, and the two men got in. Charlie pressed the button labeled 1, and the elevator rose past the lobby and to the floor above.

The doors opened and let them out into a hallway. A row of floor-to-ceiling windows overlooked Race Street on the north side of a hallway that stretched the length of the building. Sergeant Rawlings led the way to the right and around the curve of the eastern elevator shaft. A small hall curved back that way with the door to a bathroom at the end of it. On the left was a straight hall going deeper inside. Father Levington followed him down the hall until they reached a door labeled "Detective Headquarters." Inside were several desks, most of which were occupied, as well as some doors leading off to smaller rooms.

"Here we are, Father," said Charlie. "How do you like your coffee?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
TheAlchemist
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by TheAlchemist »

"Black, thanks."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"No problem," said Charlie. He went over to the percolator and poured out a steaming mug, handing it to the priest. "Good thing Amy just made this batch. I'm terrible at making coffee."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
TheAlchemist
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by TheAlchemist »

Levington nodded.

"I am too, they won't let me near the coffee machine in the office at church."

He paused, taking a sip of the hot coffee, and then let out a satisfied "aahhh."

"So, you meantioned before that a man wound up in the hospital after drinking some of Brian's stuff? How is he?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"In a deep sleep," said Charlie. "Other than that, he seems all right. Brian said that Morpheus junk won't hurt him. He'd better be right."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
TheAlchemist
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by TheAlchemist »

"Does that name, Morpheus, mean anything to you?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Re: IC-Chapter 1-Law(Alan Gains/Fr. Levington/Lt. John Yeager)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Charlie Rawlings shrugged. "Never heard of Morpheus before tonight, Father. All I know is that it's the name of that drug." He looked up when his taller colleague walked into the office. Father Levington saw that the man was in his mid-forties, and his dark hair was starting to recede. He wore a brown suit and tie, and had a determined look. "Welcome back, Lou. Father, this is my boss, Lieutenant John Yeager. Lou, this is Father Nathaniel Levington."

Lt. Yeager saw that in addition to the detectives busy working in the main office, the priest was standing with Sergeant Rawlings, talking to him and sipping coffee. He was in his fifties with gray hair, and his priest's collar was easily recognizable.
OOC,[b]John Yeager[/b] and [b]Father Levington[/b], each of you may roll Psychology to get an impression of the other.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
seanarcher
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by seanarcher »

John quickly runs an eye over Father Levington "Excuse us Father Levington, I need to talk to Charlie."

John looks at Charlie and nods over to a desk away from Father Levington "What can you tell me about Levington and the lawyer Charlie? Is the lawyer still with Brian?"
TheAlchemist
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by TheAlchemist »

Levington nodded to the lieutenant, and took another sip of his coffee.
Psycology,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2162436/]74[/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Father Nathaniel Levington,[b]Father Levington[/b] could tell that [b]John Yeager[/b] was a very intense and focused man. He was not the sort to let go once he seized on something. If you want to try to eavesdrop, roll Listen.
Lieutenant John Yeager and Sergeant Charlie Rawlings,[b]John Yeager[/b] could see that [b]Father Levington[/b] was very charismatic and compassionate, and he seemed to be genuine. Though he was in his fifties, he still appeared healthy and active. "Yeah, the lawyer's still with him, Lou," whispered [b]Charlie[/b] after following [b]John[/b] across the room, "but he hasn't said much. He told [b]Brian[/b] he didn't have to answer when I questioned him, but the kid was intimidated enough that he spilled the beans as soon as I started in on him. [b]Brian[/b] looked ready to wet his pants - uh, I mean again. He was lucky his bladder was already empty. Still insists he's never met the old man he tried to kill. The priest said he hasn't known [b]Brian[/b] long, and he isn't really sure why [b]Brian[/b] used his phone call to call him. He tried to ask me what evidence we have about the attempted murder, but I told him I can''t talk about an ongoing investigation. The Homicide Unit is going to handle that charge, anyway. Then he asked for something to drink, so I brought him up here for some coffee and a chat. He asked how [b]Harry[/b] was doing, and just before you walked in he asked if the name Morpheus meant anything to me."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
seanarcher
Layman
Layman

Post by seanarcher »

Charlie,"Ok Charlie, good work. Bill has gone down to the holding area, Oh yeah he's our new Sergent as well" John has a smile on his face as he says this. "Head down there and see how he's doing, I'll be down there shortly. I need to ask our padre a few questions first"
After talking to Charlie, John walks back to Father Levington.

"Father Levington," John holds out a hand in greeting "My Sergent informs me that you are aware of a drug called Morpheus? Would you mind joining me in my office. I would like to get a few things clear in my head and I beleive you may have some answers that will help" John asks as he suggests with his free hand in the direction of his office.
TheAlchemist
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by TheAlchemist »

Levington,[b]Levington[/b] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2164265/]listened[/url] closely to the Lieutenants conversation with his sergent.
When John came back across the room Nathaniel shook his hand.

"Anything I can do to help." Levington said.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Father Nathaniel Levington,[b]Father Levington[/b] was able to hear every word that passed between the two men. "Yeah, the lawyer's still with him, Lou," [b]Charlie[/b] had whispered after following [b]John[/b] across the room, "but he hasn't said much. He told [b]Brian[/b] he didn't have to answer when I questioned him, but the kid was intimidated enough that he spilled the beans as soon as I started in on him. [b]Brian[/b] looked ready to wet his pants - uh, I mean again. He was lucky his bladder was already empty. Still insists he's never met the old man he tried to kill. The priest said he hasn't known [b]Brian[/b] long, and he isn't really sure why [b]Brian[/b] used his phone call to call him. He tried to ask me what evidence we have about the attempted murder, but I told him I can''t talk about an ongoing investigation. The Homicide Unit is going to handle that charge, anyway. Then he asked for something to drink, so I brought him up here for some coffee and a chat. He asked how [b]Harry[/b] was doing, and just before you walked in he asked if the name Morpheus meant anything to me." "Okay, [b]Charlie[/b], good work," [b]John Yeager[/b] had replied. "[b]Bill[/b] has gone down to the holding area, Oh, yeah, he's our new Sergeant as well," [b]John[/b] had a smile on his face as he said this. "Head down there and see how he's doing, I'll be down there shortly. I need to ask our padre a few questions first." "Thanks, Lou. Sure thing." [b]Charlie[/b] raised an eyebrow and left the office, heading into the hall leading back to the elevators.
Lieutenant John Yeager and Sergeant Charlie Rawlings,"Thanks, Lou," said [b]Charlie[/b], raising an eyebrow. "Sure thing." He left the office, heading into the hall leading back to the elevators.
OOC,[b]Sergeant Charlie Rawlings[/b] is moving to the following thread. Please stop reading the current thread at this point, and do not read the posts above the one that the link points to in the new thread. Everyone else remains in the current thread.
Changes

Lieutenant Yeager led Father Levington into his office, which had Yeager's rank and name on a plate on the door. Inside was a desk with neatly stacked papers, a blotter, an ashtray, a rotary phone, and various office supplies on top of it. A comfortable-looking leather chair was behind it, and another chair, this one wooden, was in front of the desk. There was a set of shelves lined with books as well as a few bowling trophies. Hanging on one wall was a 1969 calendar open to July, graced by a beautiful bikini-clad young blonde above the actual rows of days, the first 15 of which had been crossed out with a diagonal red line. A movie poster for Coogan's Bluff was on the wall next to the calendar.

Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
seanarcher
Layman
Layman

Post by seanarcher »

John walks over to his chair and takes a seat.

"Pull up a pew Father Levington," John asks with a wry smile on his face "Now, today I've heard of Morpheus...." John pauses as he shakes his head "...and seen its effect. What I need to know Father, how is it that our Brian came to call you, because I'm pretty damn sure that Brian hasn't had a single divine thought let alone walked into a church in his life. And while we're at it, how is it you know of Morpheus anyway Father?"

Lets see where our Fathers values lie, John thinks to himself as he leans back waiting for Father Levington to reply.
TheAlchemist
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by TheAlchemist »

"I met Brian today, actually. As for why he came to me, I can't say because I have no idea. I am familiar with this Morpheous stuff because Brian mentioned it to me when he came to see me. Apparently it is some sort of herbal concotion his father made." Levington paused. "I have a question for you, if you don't mind."
seanarcher
Layman
Layman

Post by seanarcher »

"You can ask Father Levington, but I might not be able to answer." John leans back even further resting his hands on his head.
TheAlchemist
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by TheAlchemist »

"Does that name, Morpheus, mean anything to you? It sounds terribly familiar to me."
seanarcher
Layman
Layman

Post by seanarcher »

"There are two things that come to mind Father Levington..." John leans forward and opens up one the drawers in his desk "One, The drug Morpheus is meant to induce strange dreams when taken..." He pulls out a bottle of whisky and two glasses he offers one to Father Levington with a raised eyebrow "... and two; if my greek mythology serves me correct, Morpheus was the god of dreams, or sleep..." John pours himself a shot, then holds the bottle over Levingtons glass waiting "..or sleep and dreams I can never remember, why is the name familiar to you Father?"

Return to “Chapter 1”