IC-Chapter 1-Big Brother(Bill/John/Jerome/Tony/Remy/Markus)

Bill Johns and several other people attempt to understand the significance of the appearance of a new drug named Morpheus and its use in an experiment with college students as test subjects.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: IC-Chapter 1-Big Brother(Bill/John/Jerome/Tony/Remy/Markus)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yeager gripped Bill's hand firmly and pulled him to his feet. "Hell, everyone gets suckered sometime or other," he said. "I don't know what that mad scientist did to you, but we're going to find out. Once we lock those two drunks up, I'll take you over to the hospital and have the docs look you over. We can check up on Scarecrow while we're there."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Philulhu »

"Yeah, yeah," nodded Bill, glancing at Yeager and then averting his gaze. He looked away down the street, rubbing his forehead as if trying to dislodge some unpleasant thoughts.

He turned back to Nancy. "Who's this kid who's signed up for the experiment?" he said carefully, trying to keep the tremor from his voice.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Normally that sort of thing is confidential," said Nancy, "but you are the police, and you do seem to be related to him. He's an undergrad at Penn named Willie Johns."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Nanonano63 »

Mr. Handy,Does Professor Scott know Willie Johns?
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"Must, ah, be some sorta distant relative," mumbled Bill. He looked over to Yeager, "I'm ready to go," he said.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

John Yeager and Bill walked back to the Mustang. Yeager got behind the wheel while Bill got into the shotgun seat. Remy and Markus remained in the back seats. Yeager started the engine, which roared to life. Then he performed a U-turn and began driving back to the expressway at high speed.

"I'll take you home now," Nancy said to Anthony as she led him to her car. "Where do you live?"
Professor Anthony Scott,Roll Idea to see if [b]Willie Johns[/b] is familiar to you.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Nanonano63 »

"Its over by the University, I'll show you the way." Anthony says as he follows her to the car.
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2558054/]Anthony does not recall Willie.[/url]
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Mr. Handy wrote:John Yeager and Bill walked back to the Mustang. Yeager got behind the wheel while Bill got into the shotgun seat. Remy and Markus remained in the back seats. Yeager started the engine, which roared to life. Then he performed a U-turn and began driving back to the expressway at high speed.
Bill looked out of the window as Yeager heads back to the station. After a while he looks across at at Yeager and asks, "What are we taking these two in for?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Anthony Scott[/b] is moving to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point. [b]Jerome Padgett[/b] will also move to his own thread if his player returns. Everyone else remains in the current thread.
Miracle Goodnight

"Oh, the usual," said Yeager. "Drunk and disorderly, attempting to buy drugs. A night in a cell should sort them out. If it doesn't, next time I run into them they won't be so pleased to see me." He drove the rest of the way back to police headquarters.

Police Headquarters, Franklin Square - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
11:00 PM - Wednesday, July 16, 1969
It was 11:00 by the time Yeager reached the lot outside the Roundhouse. He pulled the Mustang into one of the free spaces, of which there were more than there had been earlier in the evening, and parked. He got out of the car, taking his keys with him, and opened the back door. "Okay, you two, out you go." Remy stumbled blearily out of the car and stood, weaving slightly as he waited for Markus to come along.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 2 months

Post by Barandis »

Markus climbs out of the car and lights another cigarette. "Five star accomodation" he quips with a grin.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Bill was tired. He felt like he'd been up all night and a tired headache had been building since he'd got in the car. When he saw Markus light up, his temper snapped. He reached out and snatched the cigarette, flicking it away into the darkness. "It's a no smoking building, numb-nuts!" he snarled, "Now get in there!" He jerked his thumb in the direction of the main entrance in emphasis.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Like hell it is!" said Yeager. "The day I can't smoke at my own desk is the day I turn in my badge!" He turned to Markus. "It's more like two and a half stars, but if you're drunk enough to see double, you won't be able to tell the difference. All right, let's get you two booked." He ushered Markus and Remy inside, followed by Bill.

The same sergeant was still on duty at the front desk, and he buzzed the group in. "Two for the drunk tank," said Yeager as he breezed through the door and into the lobby, the others close behind him. "Someone book these clowns for me. We have another stop to make. The charges are drunk and disorderly and attempting to buy drugs."

The desk sergeant motioned for one of the officers behind the desk to take care of it. "This way," he said, leading Markus and Remy over to a pair of round elevators at the back of the lobby. Between them, in front of a large floor-to-ceiling window, stood a portrait of Commissioner Frank Rizzo. The officer pressed a button to summon an elevator going down.

"RIght," said Yeager, nodding to Bill and jerking his head at the exit. "Hospital."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"You know, I'm probably gonna be fine," said Bill, holding his hands up to Yeager, "I just need to get home and sleep it off, yeah?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Remy[/b] and [b]Markus[/b] are returning to the thread linked below. Please stop reading the current thread at this point. [b]Bill[/b] and [b]John Yeager[/b] remain in the current thread,
Telling Lies

Yeager shrugged. "Suit yourself," he said, leading Bill back outside to the parking lot. He slid behind the wheel of the Mustang again and leaned across to open the passenger door. "Hop in. Where do you live?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

OOC,I don't recall seeing an address for Bill? Hmm, may need to play for time...
Bill looked at Yeager and shifted uncomfortably. He didn't know the address. He patted his jacket pocket, "I err, think I left my wallet inside. give me a minute, yeah?" Without waiting for an answer he turned back and walked swiftly into the police station. The desk sergeant was talking to a colleague so Bill flashed his badge and reached over the desk, searching for a phone directory. His hand found the heavy book and he held it up so the sergeant could see what he'd taken. He shuffled around so he had his back to the sergeant and quickly flicked through the directory, looking for 'Johns, W'...
OOC,Any luck? If he can't narrow it down, he'll tear out the page that has and 'Johns, W' phone numbers and addresses before heading to the gents to see if there's anything in his wallet with an address on it.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Actually, you did see an address before...
Bill found two entries for a Johns, William. One of them listed his old dorm at the University of Pennsylvania, and seemed to be for his younger self. The other was a Rittenhouse Square address. Above both of them was a Johns, Frederick - his father's name - which had the house and phone number where he had grown up when the family wasn't traveling overseas. He tore out the page, folded it, and stuck it in his pocket before heading down a curving hall in the west wing of the building to the men's room. Inside, he took out his wallet and looked inside. The Rittenhouse Square address was on his driver's license, confirming that it was the correct one. He recalled that he had seen it before when he had looked through his wallet in Yeager's office. Still, it hadn't been a complete waste of time coming back inside, and he had spared himself the embarrassment of having to look up his own address in front of the lieutenant.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

OOC,Didn't save me the embarrassment of having to admit to the GM that I hadn't been paying attention. ;)
Bill headed back out of the men's room and out of Police HQ. He got into the car next to Yeager, and told him the address. He rubbed his hands over his face, "Boy, I'm tired - I reckon I could sleep for a week!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,It was over a year ago in real time, so not remembering it is perfectly understandable.
"You'll have to make do with eight hours or so," said Yeager as he pulled out of the parking lot. "I need you back here at 8:00 AM, when our shift starts." He drove through the nighttime streets. Even at this late hour there was still some traffic, but he had no trouble making good time.

Bill Johns's Apartment Building, Rittenhouse Square - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
11:15 PM - Wednesday, July 16, 1969
Yeager eventually brought the Mustang to a stop outside a four-story apartment building overlooking Rittenhouse Square Park. Bill's apartment number on his license had been listed as 201, so it was likely up one flight of stairs. He had a ring of keys in his pocket, and one of them would hopefully unlock it. "Well, here we are," said the lieutenant.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Bill looked out the window and up at the building. He pictured the apartment and wondered if his parents were home - part of him wished they would be there to give him some sort of normalcy, but he knew that them seeing him wasn't an option. He sighed, wished Yeager 'good night' and climbed out of the car.

Pushing the car door shut, he headed up the steps to the front door. He studied the keys and tried one in the lock. It didn't turn so he tried a second, which worked this time. He turned and mock-saluted Yeager and stepped through the door and into the familiar hallway beyond.
OOC,I'm assuming the keys work! Bill will check out the hallway first. Is there anyone there? Any mail waiting in the family mailbox that might indicate where his parents are i.e. postcards from abroad? A pile of mail suggesting that no-one's been home to empty the mailbox. I presume that there's a key on the bunch, if it's locked?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Yes, the keys work, and there is a smaller mailbox key on the ring. Note that this is not the address for [b]Bill[/b]'s family (that's somewhere else entirely), and it's not familiar at all. You do not remember ever having been here before. The only name on the mailbox is your own. [b]John Yeager[/b] will move to a new thread at this point if his player ever returns or he gets a new player.
Yeager returned Bill's salute, in earnest, and the Mustang roared off down the street. Bill found the key to let himself into the apartment building's vestibule. It did not seem familiar to him, but one apartment building entrance was much like another. A row of mailboxes was on the wall to the left, and he easily found the one for 201 with his name on it, as well as the small key on his ring that fit it. Opening the mailbox, he found no mail. It was a rare day in 2009 when his mailbox was empty, but junk mail wasn't as much of a problem in 1969. The hallway was deserted at this hour. It led further ahead, with doors to apartments on the left-hand wall starting at 101, then 102, and so on. To the right, just a little past the entrance, a carpeted stairway led upwards. The building did not have an elevator.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 1”