IC-Chapter 1-Big Brother(Bill/John/Jerome/Tony/Remy/Markus)

Bill Johns and several other people attempt to understand the significance of the appearance of a new drug named Morpheus and its use in an experiment with college students as test subjects.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Re: IC-Chapter 1-Big Brother(Bill/John/Jerome/Tony/Remy/Markus)

Post by Philulhu »

Mr Handy,[b]Bill[/b] looked pointedly at [b]Dr. Anderson[/b], placed his glass on the nearby table and stood up. "That will be all for now, but don't make any plans to go anywhere, we may want to talk to you again." He made for the front door, but paused before he left, and said, "This research is licenced, isn't it? We wouldn't anyone being put at risk, would we?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Bill Johns,"Of course," said [b]Dr. Anderson[/b]. "All of our research is sanctioned by the highest authority." He stood up and opened the door for [b]Bill[/b].
Bill Johns and Gregory Anderson emerged from the study and returned to the living room. "Good night, Sergeant," said Dr. Anderson, shaking Bill's hand firmly. "Mr. Padgett, Professor Remington, I'd like you both to remain so we can discuss some things. Professor Scott, thank you for your help. If you'd like to go home now, you may. I realize that the hour is late."

"Sure, Dr. Anderson" said Nancy Remington. "I gave Professor Scott a ride in my car, though. He's going to be waiting on one of us."

"Well, if he'd like to go now, you can take him home and I'll see you in the morning."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by Voodoo »

"Sorry, Don't mind me, I am just nosy. Would it be possible for me to get out and stretch my legs some? I've been stock in a truck for de last few hours and my legs are killin' me." Remy asks the officer since it seems they were stuck here.
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 2 months

Post by Barandis »

Marcus digs in his pocket and brings out a crumpled pack of Marlboros "Smoke officer? I promise I'm not trying to bribe you"
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Nanonano63 »

"I think I will take you up on that, the hour is getting late. I would love to know how this turns out though if you don't mind keeping me up to date."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Bill shook Anderson's hand and looked around blankly at his visitors. Their faces seemed to swim before his eyes and his stomach slowly turned over. He staggered, almost drunkenly towards the door, pulled it open and almost fell outside. He grabbed ahold of the wooden handrail next to the door and sank to his knees, his head low, breathing heavily as he tried to get a grip of himself.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Bill left the house along with Anthony Scott and Nancy. Nancy looked back into the house. "Good night, Dr. Anderson," she said. "I'll see you in the morning." She offered her arm to Anthony. "I'll be glad to keep you posted. Where do you live? Maybe while I'm driving you home you can tell me about your cousin Kathleen." Then she noticed Bill's bewildered state. "Are you all right?"

"Good night," said Dr. Anderson. He closed and locked the front door, then nodded to Jerome. "Shall we retire to my study?"

"You'll be able to pace all you want in your cell when we get back to the Roundhouse," said Yeager to Remy. He turned to Markus. "Thanks, I will have that smoke." He reached back and took a cigarette, then lit it with his own lighter. "Want a light?" He glanced forward again and saw Bill and a couple of the others emerging from the house. "Hey, Sergeant! You're looking a bit wobbly. You been having drinks with the professor? Any time you're ready." He leaned across the shotgun seat and opened up the front passenger door.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Nanonano63 »

Anthony hurries to help steady Bill, "Hey, are you all right? Whats wrong?"
OOC,Mr. Handy I just had a tonsilectomy so I plan to still be posting but I thought I would give you a heads up if i am a little behind at times.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"S'not drink," slurred Bill, in reply to the voices that seemed to come from miles away. He tried to push himself to his feet but his head swam suddenly and he collapsed back to his knees. His world shrank in on itself, his vision tunnelled, focussed only the patch of grass in front of him that swam in and out of focus.
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Barandis »

"Looks like your buddy got spiked" says Markus as he lights his cigarette.
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Nanonano63 »

Looking around, Anthony asks to anyone who hears, "What did he drink?!?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Right," said Yeager, opening his door. "You two wait here. I'll be back in a minute." He got out, shut the door, and headed over to Bill.

"I don't know," said Nancy to Anthony. "I wasn't in the study with him."

"It's not Morpheus if that's what you're thinking," said Yeager as he arrived outside the house. "If it was, he'd be passed out already. Sounds like he just had one too many." He helped Bill to his feet. "Okay, Sergeant, let's get you back to the Mustang. Once I lock those other two drunks in the can I'll spin you home. It's been a long night."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Nanonano63 »

Raising an eyebrow, "Are you sure? They were just talking and it wasn't for that long? Something feels off here."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"He's right that it's not Morpheus," said Nancy. "I've seen its effects in the lab. After drinking it, the subject is asleep within a minute or two."

"Could be something else, though," said Yeager. "Hey, Dorothy! What did the wizard do to you in there?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Bill looked up and saw the faces peering down at him, as if looking through opaque glass. 'This isn't real,' he told himself, 'Don't know what's happening, but this isn't real!' He grabbed ahold of Yeager for support and pulled himself to his feet. "This isn't real!" he yelled, spittle flying from his lips, "None of this is real!" He pushed himself away from Yeager, the world seeming to spin around him, and started to stagger down the street.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"What's got into you?!" asked Yeager, coming up behind Bill. He tries to grab him, but the older man slipped past. "Get a grip on yourself, man! Did Dr. Anderson give you anything to eat or drink in there? I'm thinking he slipped you a little something, even if it wasn't Morpheus."

"He wouldn't do that!" protested Nancy.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Barandis »

Markus sniggers "Looks like the prof has some big balls and a sense of humour" he says to Remy "Can't fault a man who spikes coppers."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"Had a drink but s'not that!" snarled Bill as he swung wildly at Yeager. "It's all this - it's not real - Anderson spotted me - he knows who I am - knew who I am - I shouldn't be here... ..." He turned to squint at Nancy "I'm sorry, Mary - didn't wan' it to be this way..." and he turned and carried on staggering down the street.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Why would Dr. Anderson know you?" asked Nancy. She looked at Bill closely. "Of course! You look kind of like that young fellow who signed up for the experiment. Must be a relative of yours."

"Spotted you?!" said John Yeager. "Well, i'd hope so, seeing as you went in to talk to him. You were okay when you did, but now you're acting crazy - even for you! He must have done something!" Without warning, he slapped Bill hard across the face. The blow definitely stung, but it caused no real damage, though this was by design. Bill sensed that Yeager was perfectly capable of seriously hurting someone if he so chose. "Was that real enough for ya?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Bill stepped back sharply with the shock of the impact, tripped over his own feet and sat down - hard! The shock of the impact stung his palms and left him winded. He looked down at his shoes as he tried to get his breath back. He sat a moment and squinted up at Yeager. "Shit," Bill said, "I'm... I'm..." He shook his head. How could he begin to explain what was happening to him? He shook his head and held out a hand for Yeager to help him up.

Return to “Chapter 1”