Page 1 of 1

IC-Chapter 1-Changes(Bill Johns/Gains/Yeager/Rawlings)

Posted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:43 am
by Mr. Handy
Police Headquarters, Franklin Square - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
8:30 PM - Wednesday, July 16, 1969

Bill Johns got into the elevator and went down to the basement, where the holding cells were located. When it arrived, the doors slid open to let him out.

A hall led to a large metal door with a barred window. In front of this door sat another sergeant at a desk.

"Go right in," said the sergeant when Bill showed his badge. He pressed a switch, and the metal door slid open with a rumbling sound. The hallway continued beyond it.

Bill went through the door and down the hall, into a guard room. Two uniformed policemen stood guard there, one a young black man about six feet tall, the other one pasty-faced, chubby, and a head shorter. The hallway continued beyond the guard room into a cell block. Several wooden doors lined the sides of the guard room, and a payphone was in one corner.

"In there," said the black cop when Bill asked where Brian Anderson was, pointing to one of the wooden doors. Unlike the others, it was open. "The priest went upstairs with Sergeant Rawlings a few minutes ago, but his lawyer is still with him."

Bill could see into the small, square interview room. The only furniture was a wooden table and two matching chairs, one in front of it and one behind it. Brian Anderson sat on the chair behind the table, wearing a gray prison uniform. A man in a suit and tie in his thirties also stood in the room, and Bill recognized him as the man he had seen outside Lenny's Bar.

Re: IC-Chapter 1-Changes(Bill Johns/Alan Gains)

Posted: Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:28 pm
by Philulhu
"Who's the lawyer?" asked Bill. "Either of you guys seen him before?"

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:49 am
by Mr. Handy
"Some dude named Gains," said the black officer. "Never seen him before tonight."

"Me neither," said the chubby cop with a shrug. "He's a lawyer. They come and go all the time."

Posted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:42 pm
by Philulhu
Bill tried to remember some of the police procedure from the 70's era cop shows he'd watched like Kojak and Starsky & Hutch. As far as he could remember, most of the cops had a scant disregard for procedure but with the lawyer there, he didn't think he'd getting away with anything so decided to play it straight.

He walked into the cell, and announced, "I'm Detective Sergeant Johns. You must be Mr... ..." He left the question hanging for the lawyer to answer.

Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:37 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,It's not actually one of the cells, it's an interrogation room. The cell block is further back, past the guard room.
"Alan Gains," said the lawyer, returning Bill's handshake. "I'm representing Brian Anderson, Sergeant."
OOC,[b]Bill[/b], roll Psychology to get an impression of him.

Re: IC-Chapter 1-Changes(Bill Johns/Alan Gains/Sgt. Rawlings)

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:51 am
by Mr. Handy
Sergeant Charlie Rawlings returned to the interrogation room.
OOC,[b]Charlie[/b], you may roll Psychology as well for your impression of [b]Alan Gains[/b]. I already rolled one for your impressions of [b]Brian[/b] the last time you were here (as an NPC), and I'll fill you in on both after you roll.

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:43 am
by Zubayda
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2171577/]Psychology roll Skill 55 (1d100=84)[/url]

Charlie Rawlings
nods to Bill Johns and then beckons him over with a small jerk of his head.

Posted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 11:22 pm
by Philulhu
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2172362/]Psychology roll - so who's this [b]Gains[/b] dude? (1d100=7)[/url]
Bill shook Gains' hand. He'd recognised the lawyer from the bar and was looking for any sign of recognition in the man's face.

He turned to greet Sergeant Rawlings when he entered the room and moved across to speak to him.

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:13 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Only [b]Charlie Rawlings[/b] has arrived so far; [b]Yeager[/b] isn't here yet.
Bill Johns,[b]Bill[/b] could tell that [b]Alan Gains[/b] carried himself as someone who was well-to-do and confident, though not at the top of his profession. He looked with interest at [b]Charlie[/b]'s revolver in his belt holster, as if he were a connoisseur. He seemed the type who was dedicated to his clients, and he was very curious - especially about [b]Bill[/b], from the way he looked at him. He also seemed to have something else on his mind, but something that wasn't entirely unrelated to this case. He looked at both [b]Bill[/b] and [b]Charlie[/b] with respect.
Sergeant Charlie Rawlings,[b]Charlie[/b] had noticed that [b]Brian[/b] carried himself with an air of bravado, but it was just a mask. Inside, he was confused, desperate, and downright terrified. His eyes showed that he knew that his life was ruined, and that nothing would ever be the same for him again. And behind them there burned an intense thirst for revenge on [b]Bill[/b], who he believed had wronged him. This was apparent from the way he was staring at him.

Posted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:24 am
by Zubayda
"So Bill how's our guest enjoying his party?"
Charlie said this loud enough for Brian to hear but under his breathe he muttered to Bill, "He looks ready to break, as the new Detective Sgt would you like first go?"

Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:01 am
by Philulhu
OOC,Edited my OP for idiocy! :(
"Have a seat, counsellor," said Bill to Gains as he took his own seat opposite Brian. He looked Brian in the eye for a moment and said, "So, Brian - attempted murder and drug dealing? What have you got to say for yourself?"

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:56 am
by Mr. Handy
"Remember, you don't have to say anything," advised Alan Gains.

Brian looked at Bill with rage all over his face. "I never tried to kill you or anyone else, and you know it!" he said. "I've never even seen you before tonight! I knew you had to be one of them. Why the hell are you doing this to me? Why do you have it in for me?"

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:26 am
by Zubayda
Charlie shook out a cigarette, lit it and slowly dragged on it. Leaning on the table he blew the smoke slowley out.
"One of who Brian? What makes you think this is a conspiracy? We are the good guys here!"

Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:22 pm
by Philulhu
Bill sat waiting for Brian's reply. His eyes flicked across to study Gain's face, to see if there was any reaction to the charges.
OOC,Any reaction? Psychology roll: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2177235/]Givin' Gains the eye... (1d100=19)[/url]

Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:09 am
by Mr. Handy
Brian gave a dry laugh at Charlie's remark. "I meant he's one of you," he said. "A cop. The good guys?!" He snorted. "You can actually say that with a straight face after framing me for attempted murder?"

"What evidence do you have of this alleged attempted murder, Detective...?" Gains asked Bill.
Bill Johns,You already succeeded at a Psychology roll when you met [b]Gains[/b] (and it was an exceptional success at that), so you didn't need to roll again. [b]Bill[/b] could see that [b]Gains[/b] was curious about him, and probably suspicious as well. He seemed very skeptical of the attempted murder charge.

Re: IC-Chapter 1-Changes(Bill Johns/Gains/Yeager/Rawlings)

Posted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 7:08 pm
by Mr. Handy
Lieutenant John Yeager entered the guard room. Looking into the small, square interrogation room, he saw Brian seated in the uncomfortable chair behind the wooden table. His lawyer, the man he recognized from outside Lenny's Bar who had tailed him in the taxicab, stood next to him. Bill and Charlie were facing them from across the table, questioning Brian.

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:51 am
by seanarcher
John opens the door and lets himself in, he looks directly at Brian, he then walks up to the table placing both hands on it, his expression is one of disgust "Right you little maggot, we've got you with a bag full of candy and daddy's dream juice. You'll be doing 5-7 easy let alone what you'll get for an attempted murder on a police sergeant!" John leans closer to Brain as he talks.
OOC,John wants to intimidate Brain, if his lawyer speaks up he'll have words for him as well
OOC,Did we bust Brian just to bust him or was the arrest part of a bigger operation? Do we know if Brain makes his own drugs or are we aware that someone is supplying him?

Posted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:45 pm
by Philulhu
"I'd call trying to blow up a policemen with a grenade a murder attempt, wouldn't you counsellor? I'm sure there will be plenty of forensic evidence to support me," replied Bill. It should enough to see Brian here spend the rest of his natural life behind bars."

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 5:41 am
by Mr. Handy
Lieutenant John Yeager and Sergeant Charlie Rawlings,Busting [b]Brian[/b] is the beginning, but it's likely that he doesn't produce the drugs himself, or at least not all of them. Getting evidence against his supplier is important.
Brian shrank back in his seat, still terrified from his earlier interrogation by Charlie. "Grenade?!" he said confused. "That's crazy! Look, I never tried to kill you. If I did, I'd confess, okay?"

Alan Gains put a hand on Brian's shoulder. "You don't have to answer any questions you don't want to," he said to Brian. "And don't confess to anything. Don't let them frighten you." He looked skeptically at Bill. "Really, a grenade? I take it that it didn't detonate, or I'd know about it. I'd like to see this so-called forensic evidence."

Posted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:54 pm
by Philulhu
"So you were there, counsellor," replied Bill with a steady tone of voice, "Perhaps you'd like to tell us what you were doing in a dive like Lenny's?"

Posted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:08 am
by Mr. Handy
"I wasn't in Lenny's," said Alan Gains. "I was walking down the street towards my office, which is only a block or two away, when I saw you fellows arresting Mr. Anderson, Sergeant Johns."

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:00 am
by seanarcher
John stares at Brain, a vein visibly pulses on the side of his forehead, but his voice is calm "Brian, what you need to do, is tell me who it is that supplies you with your little bag of goodies..." John glances up at Gains then back to Brian"...or would you prefer me to go to your daddy and ask him?" John straightens up and puts his hands into his jacket pocket.

Posted: Thu Jul 30, 2009 11:12 pm
by Philulhu
Mr. Handy wrote:"I wasn't in Lenny's," said Alan Gains. "I was walking down the street towards my office, which is only a block or two away, when I saw you fellows arresting Mr. Anderson, Sergeant Johns."
Bill said nothing, merely raised a speculative eyebrow to show he doubted the lawyer's word.

Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:59 am
by Mr. Handy
"No, don't do that!" said Brian, shrinking back into his chair. "Look, I'll tell you whatever you want to know, okay!"

"Before my client gives you the information you're looking for," said Alan Gains, "we need to be clear what he's getting in return. He's not giving away something for nothing. So, Lieutenant, as Monty Hall is so fond of saying - let's make a deal."

Posted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:43 pm
by Zubayda
"Here's the 'deal' Brian," replied Charlie, " You tell us what we want to know or we tell your Dad what you don't want him to know!"

Posted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:22 pm
by Philulhu
When Brian paused and didn't answer, Bill slammed his hand down sharply on his desk. "What's the delay, Brian? Been helping yourself to your dad's chemicals? You better answer or we'll be talking to the university! You're dad won't last two minutes if they find out!"

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 3:54 am
by Mr. Handy
Brian jumped in his seat, but Alan Gains put a reassuring hand on his shoulder. "Don't say anything yet," he said. "If you tell them now, you'll lose any leverage you have. If they tell your father, they'll lose any hold they have over you. Let me work out a deal with them, and then you can share what you know."

"No, I'll talk!" said Brian. "Just don't tell my dad or get him in trouble, please!"

"Mr. Anderson, I advise you to-"

"The guy's name is Leo Ribisi, okay! He supplies me with all my stuff - except for Morpheus, of course. He's connected, understand? You've gotta protect me! If he finds out I squealed on him, I'm a dead man!"

Alan Gains put his face in his hand.

Posted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 12:42 pm
by seanarcher
OOC,Does John know this Leo Ribisi at all?
With a triumphant "Yes!" John slams his hand on the table "Right Mr Anderson we're not going to offer any protection untill we get more than just a name out of you." John looks up at Gains.

"Mr Gains I don't think Mr Anderson here requires your services anymore..." John still looks at Gains.

"Isn't that right Mr Anderson?" John waits for a rely.

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 5:11 am
by Mr. Handy
"I still need him here," said Brian, "but I'll tell you whatever you want to know. What else do you need?"
OOC,You don't know [b]Leo Ribisi[/b], but it's possible (though unlikely) that you know [i]of[/i] him. [b]John Yeager[/b] and [b]Sergeant Rawlings[/b], roll Know. You'd have to get an exceptional success (1/5 of your stat or less) to have heard of him specifically, but a regular success will tell you something about current mob activity. [b]Bill Johns[/b], you'll need to roll History for this one instead.

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:44 pm
by Zubayda
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2202315/]know roll (skill 75) (1d100=17)[/url]

Posted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:45 pm
by seanarcher
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2202316/]Know roll (skill 75) (1d100=86)[/url]

Posted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:19 am
by Mr. Handy
Sergeant Charlie Rawlings,[b]Charlie[/b] hadn't heard of [b]Leo Ribisi[/b] as far as he could recall, though the name sounded vaguely familiar. He did remember that Angelo Bruno, the current mob boss in charge in Philadelphia, did not allow any members of his family to deal in drugs. However, he had close ties with the New York crime families, and he did allow them and perhaps other gangs to distribute drugs in Philadelphia for a cut of the profits. It was highly likely that [b]Ribisi[/b] was from out of town.

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:42 am
by Philulhu
OOC,[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2205035/]History roll - Leo Ribisi,are you there? (1d100=72)[/url] Yup! :D

Posted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:13 am
by Zubayda
"So tell me more about Leo. Where do you do your deals? How do you get in contact with him?" Rawlings lazily lit another cigarette as he waited for Brian to continue.

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:13 am
by seanarcher
"Why is your Father developing a drug and giving it to students? Whats his altimate goal." he can dose all those damn hippie students for all i care, give them more: John thinks to himself, .

Posted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:52 am
by Mr. Handy
Bill Johns,While he had never heard of [b]Leo Ribisi[/b] before, [b]Bill[/b] did know something of the history of the mob in Philadelphia. He recalled that the boss of the Philly crime family at this time was Angelo Bruno, a Sicilian by birth who was known as the "Gentle Don" because he favored conciliation over violence. Bruno had risen to his position in 1959 and his reign had been a long and relatively peaceful one - until it was cut short by a hit in 1980. His assassination started a string of events that would eventually cause the Philly mob to tear itself apart. Angelo Bruno was known for not allowing members of his family to deal with drugs, but he also had close ties with the New York crime families and allowed them to distribute drugs in Philly.
"Leo's from New York," said Brian. "I can tell by his accent. I don't contact him; he calls me. I always meet him at the riverfront, but it's a different pier every time. He's very cautious, and he only tells me where the meeting is an hour before it happens, when he calls me. The next shipment is due to arrive Saturday night." He paused to consider John Yeager's question. "I don't know why dad is developing Morpheus. I guess he just wants to make money. He's giving it to students in his experiment in order to test it. He's already tried it on animals to make sure it's safe, but they can't tell him their dreams. I don't even know if animals dream at all."

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:06 pm
by seanarcher
"OK lets forget about Morpheus the sleepy wonder drug for now..." John turns to his two sergeants.

"Will you two join me outside please we need to talk." John heads out into the hallway.

Posted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:35 pm
by Philulhu
Bill followed Yeager into the corridor. "We gonna use Brian to bring in Ribisi on Saturday?" he said. "In the meantime, what about bringing in Brian's father? We can't just let him keep experimenting on kids, can we?" He didn't say as much, but Bill knew Mary was one of the students who would be taking part in the experiment and he didn't want her put at risk.

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:12 am
by Zubayda
"Ribisi is probably from outa town. No way would Angelo allow an of his family here in Philadelphia to deal. I do know he has close ties with New York crime families and allows them to distribute in Phili for a cut so maybe Ribisi is from New York?" Rawlings comtemplated his cigarette butt as he waited for direction from the Lou.

Posted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 10:58 pm
by Philulhu
"Can we get Ribisi's name on the wire to New York?" asked Bill, "See if they've heard of him?"

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:51 am
by seanarcher
"Ok Bill you handle the wire to New York then go bring in Dr Anderson see what you can get out of him, take a detective if you need to." John turns to Charlie with an evil little grin on his face.

"Charlie you and I will convince Brian that helping us bring in Ribisi this saturday will help his current situation....alot" John looks at Charlie and Bill.

"Any objections?" John stands there for a few seconds waiting for any responses.

Posted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:02 am
by Zubayda
"Sounds like a plan Lou" replied Charlie

Posted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:27 pm
by Philulhu
"Leave it to me," said Bill. "Who's your best man on the wire?"

OOC: I'm on my hols from tomorrow night. I'll trust you guys to keep Bill alive until I get back in 10 days time.

Posted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:32 am
by Zubayda
John thinks for a moment trying to generate a list o'l buds in New York "Let me see, Tom... Tom O'leary we went through the ranks together. He's a good man, doesn't beat around the bush."

John's eyes turn to Charlie "Ok Charlie lets see what we can squeeze out of Brian"
OOC,Hope you don't mind Mr Happy I just made up the contact in new york.

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:09 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Tom O'Leary[/b] won't have any great significance to the plot, but he may be able to point you to someone who does know about [b]Ribisi[/b]. [b]John[/b] and [b]Charlie[/b] can go ahead and keep talking to [b]Brian[/b]. I'll roleplay [b]Bill[/b] contacting New York when you get back, Philulhu. Have fun!

Posted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:47 am
by seanarcher
ooc, oops i was on zubaydas laptop when I posted for Yeagers. The account auto signed in as Zubayda and I didnt even notice when I was typing it up!! /sigh only been in the iT game for 15 years, guess it aint long enough!

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:22 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Don't worry about it. I can actually change the author of the post if you like. Also, don't feel you have to wait for Philulhu to return. Like I said, [b]John[/b] and [b]Charlie[/b] can go ahead and talk to [b]Brian[/b].

Posted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:39 pm
by seanarcher
John nods to Charlie "let get back in there"

John heads back into the room and looks at Brian "Now Brian, we need you to meet and conduct your business with Mr Ribisi this saturday, as you have planned."

Posted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:16 am
by Mr. Handy
"Sure, I'll do whatever you want," said Brian, "but you've gotta protect me!"

Alan Gains nodded. "Yes, my client will certainly need protection," he said. "We'll also need to work out a deal in return for his cooperation. That attempted murder charge needs to go, first of all. He can plead guilty to lesser narcotics charges and get a reduced sentence."

Posted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:11 am
by Philulhu
Bill returned to the main office and sat down at an empty desk. Dialling the switchboard, he asked the operator to put him through to Tom O'Leary in New York. Cradling the receiver against his shoulder, he listened to the line pop and crackle as he waited.
OOC,I'm back - had a great time and good weather (for the UK!) :)

Posted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:30 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,Welcome back, and glad you had a good time! The weather's always been great when I've been to London before. I'm hoping it still is when I go again in November.
A man answered the phone on the other end: "O'Leary, NYPD. How can I help you?" The connection was actually pretty good, and the sound was a lot better than Bill would usually get from a cell phone.

Posted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:04 pm
by Philulhu
"This is Sergeant Bill Johns, Philly PD. I'm working a case with John Yeager..." He left the name hanging, waiting to see if O'Leary recognised Yeager's name.

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:25 am
by Mr. Handy
"Yeah, you work with John?" said O'Leary. "Any friend of his is a friend of mine. How can I help you with this case?"

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:37 pm
by Philulhu
"We pulled in a guy dealing drugs earlier today. He's given us the name of Leo Ribisi - a 'connected' man from New York - as the guy who provides him with the stuff he deals. Does that name mean anything to you?" John waited for O'Leary to reply.

Posted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:01 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Not to me," said O'Leary to Bill, "but I don't work organized crime. Let me put you through to someone who does. Hold on a minute."

O'Leary placed Bill on hold. A short while later, a gruff male voice answered: "NYPD Organized Crime, Detective Clarke speaking. Sergeant Johns? You're calling in regards to a Leo Ribisi, right? Yeah, he's a known made man in the Gambino Family. His full name is Leonardo Ribisi, and yeah, he runs drugs from New York to Philly. Haven't been able to make anything stick to him yet, though not for lack of trying. He's got his own boat, the Jackie O, that we believe he uses to move the drugs down the Delaware River. He deals primarily in heroin and cocaine, but he's been known to branch out into other substances."

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:49 am
by seanarcher
Nodding John says"Yes we will protect you. As for the attempted murder charges, I'll need to speak to my superiors. Tis not a light matter to banter around!"

John walks over to the door, opens it"That's all for now, my sergeant will see to your.... room" A grin spreads across Johns face as he closes the door.
OOC,What day is it exactly Mr Handy? as in now in space oddity

Posted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:44 am
by Zubayda
"Come on Brian, let's go" Rawlings put his hand on Brian's shoulder and guided him out of the room

Posted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:27 am
by Mr. Handy
Sergeant Rawlings walked Brian out of the interrogation room and into the guard room, where he rejoined Lieutenant Yeager. Alan Gains followed them.

"I can take him from here, Sarge," said Officer Jones.

"Has my client's arraignment been scheduled yet?" asked Gains.
Lieutenant John Yeager,Today is Wednesday, July 16, 1969, and the current time is 8:45 PM. [b]Yeager[/b] has already set up the arraignment, where the charges against [b]Brian[/b] will be read in a courtroom - he was on the phone with the District Attorney's office setting it up when he was in his office alone earlier. It is scheduled for Thursday at 9:00 AM in Room 106 of City Hall.

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 1:15 am
by seanarcher
"Your client's been booked for tomorrow morning at 9, hopefully it's not to early for our guest." John turns to Charlie

"Charlie I believe its time to head to my office, we need to talk" with that John head off to his office.

Posted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:30 pm
by Philulhu
Mr. Handy wrote:"Not to me," said O'Leary to Bill, "but I don't work organized crime. Let me put you through to someone who does. Hold on a minute."

O'Leary placed Bill on hold. A short while later, a gruff male voice answered: "NYPD Organized Crime, Detective Clarke speaking. Sergeant Johns? You're calling in regards to a Leo Ribisi, right? Yeah, he's a known made man in the Gambino Family. His full name is Leonardo Ribisi, and yeah, he runs drugs from New York to Philly. Haven't been able to make anything stick to him yet, though not for lack of trying. He's got his own boat, the Jackie O, that we believe he uses to move the drugs down the Delaware River. He deals primarily in heroin and cocaine, but he's been known to branch out into other substances."
Bill pulled a notepad across the desk. "The Gambinos, eh? Their time will come..." he muttered as he started making notes. "Has Ribisi got any known associates who he travels with? It's always good to know what we're dealing with."

Posted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:07 am
by Mr. Handy
"Yeah, he's got a few known associates," replied Detective Clarke to Bill. "Some of them are ambitious guys who want to get made and think he's their ticket in, but mostly they're just hired muscle. He's got a crew of four regulars he usually takes with him on his little boat trips, all of 'em packing heat. There's David "Davey" Jones - he pilots the boat, though Leo himself can do it himself too. Davey's good with a knife and is a fair shot with a rifle. He's got a minor rap sheet, but nothing big. Then there's Gilberto "Bertie" Anselmo. Big as an ox and just as dumb, but don't underestimate him. He's known to carry around a concealed sawed-off shotgun. Guy's been in and out of jail all his life, lots of assault and battery charges. There's also the Violetti brothers, Michael and Luigi. The two of them have clean records, and they're the sort of guys who think they're going places by riding Leo's coattails. Leo usually also has a few girls around on his boat. From what I've heard, he likes to host parties out in international waters where the drugs and the cash flow freely."

Posted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:38 am
by Philulhu
Bill's pen scratched across the notepad as he recorded Detective Clarke's comments. "You don't happen to know where Ribisi is right now, do you Detective Clarke?" he asked.

Posted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:30 am
by Mr. Handy
The elevator finally arrived in the basement.
OOC,I haven't seen a post for [b]Charlie[/b] in a while, so I'll assume he hands off [b]Brian[/b] to the officer in the guard room and goes with [b]John[/b]. [b]John Yeager[/b] and [b]Charlie Rawlings[/b] are moving to the following thread. Please stop reading the current thread at this point. [b]Bill Johns[/b] remains in the current thread.
Subterraneans

"Not at the moment, no," said Detective Clarke. "It wouldn't surprise me at all if Ribisi's out to sea. He spends a lot of time on that boat of his. Why do you ask?"

Posted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:34 am
by Philulhu
"We've had information to suggest he's heading our way," replied Bill. "Knowing where he is right now would have helped us to work out which way he's coming from, but no matter. Listen Detective Clark, you've been a great help, if anything comes of this we'll let you know, ok?"

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:54 am
by Mr. Handy
"Thanks, Sergeant," said Detective Clarke. "If you give me your number, I'll give you a call back if I can get a handle on Ribisi's twenty. He goes to Philly often, so you're probably right about him heading your way. I hope we can get the evidence to finally bust him. If you make any progress, I can hop a train and be down there for the collar."

Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:27 pm
by Philulhu
Bill read the number off the phone to Detective Clarke and thanked him for his time, promising to get in touch when he knew more. He replaced the receiver and sat back in his chair. He wondered what he was doing, playing cops and robbers - he was a university professor for God's sake! What the hell he would do if it started going down and he had to get involved in more than just threatening some punk and making a few phone calls?

He shook his head. Whatever had happened seemed to be tied up with Brian so he'd better go and find out what was happening with him. He tore the page of notes off the pad and stood up, heading back in the direction of the interview rooms to find Yeager and Rawlings.

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 4:41 am
by Mr. Handy
As Bill walked through the office towards the exit, he passed a desk near the door belonging to one of the detectives. The desk was currently vacant, as the detective had probably gone to the bathroom or on some errand, but there was a radio on top of it that was turned on.

"How's he doing?" asked a man's voice on the radio.

"He's still critical," replied a woman's voice - the same voice he had heard a while ago on the phone when he had answered it! "But at least he seems to have stabilized now. He could still go either way."

Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:06 pm
by Philulhu
Bill stopped when he heard the voice. He looked across at the radio, a sudden river of sweat coolly making its way down his back. He looked around to see if anyone was paying attention then picked up the radio and shook it gently. "Who's there? Are you talking about me?" he said quietly, trying to keep the tremor out of his voice.

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:03 am
by Mr. Handy
Nobody else in the office was paying attention, and the voices on the radio didn't give any indication of having heard Bill.

"Hmm..." said the man on the radio. "His pupils are active, that's a good sign. Plenty of neural activity going on in there."

"Yes, Doctor," said the woman. "The rapid eye movement means he's dreaming. I wonder what kind of dreams he's having."

"Has his wife arrived yet?"

"Mary? Yes, she's just arrived. She's downstairs right now."

Posted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:57 pm
by Philulhu
Mary! She was the key to all this. Bill looked furtively around but no one seemed to be watching him. He shook the radio. "You've gotta tell her I'm ok," he croaked.

Posted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 2:33 am
by Mr. Handy
The voices no longer spoke. Instead Bill heard eerily familiar music coming from the radio:
Tell my wife I love her very much
she knows

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:15 pm
by Philulhu
With a shaking hand, Bill replaced the radio on the desk. Sweat running down his spine, he staggered from the room and into the corridor. Seeing a detective passing, he croaked, "Lieutenant Yeager - you seen him?"

Posted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:08 pm
by Mr. Handy
"Last I heard, he was heading down to the holding cells in the basement," said the detective as he went by.

Posted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:34 pm
by Philulhu
Bill held onto the wall a moment longer until the the shaking subsided. From a nearby water fountain, he splashed water on his face, standing with his eyes closed until the chaotic throughts than ran through his mind had ceased. He blinked, pulled a paper towel from a nearby dispenser and wiped his face. Taking a deep breath, he straightened his clothes and headed in the direction of the holding cells.

Posted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:16 am
by Mr. Handy
Bill made his way back to the central elevators and pressed the call button to summon one going down, then started to wait.
OOC,I'm still waiting for posts for [b]Yeager[/b] and [b]Rawlings[/b] in their thread, so there may be some delay here. If they haven't posted by the weekend, I'll NPC them until their players return.

Posted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:13 pm
by Philulhu
OOC,Ok, no probs.

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:36 am
by Mr. Handy
After a seemingly interminable wait, the elevator finally arrived. The doors slid open to reveal the empty circular elevator car.

Posted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:41 am
by Philulhu
Bill stepped into the elevator and pressed the button from the basement. While he waited for the doors to close he slumped against the wall of the elevator car, wondering how the hell he managed to get here and what he was going to do about getting home.

Posted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:50 am
by Mr. Handy
OOC,[b]Bill Johns[/b] is moving to the following thread. Please do not read the posts above the one in the link.
Subterraneans