IC-Chapter 1-Big Brother(Bill/John/Jerome/Tony/Remy/Markus)

Bill Johns and several other people attempt to understand the significance of the appearance of a new drug named Morpheus and its use in an experiment with college students as test subjects.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: IC-Chapter 1-Big Brother(Bill/John/Jerome/Tony/Remy/Markus)

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You thought I'd just let you go?" said Yeager to Remy. "More likely you simply didn't think at all. You can't just drive off anyway, not considering how sloshed you two are."

Inside the living room, Jerome was able to hear the conversation in the study.
Jerome Padgett,You may click the spoiler buttons for [b]Bill[/b], including the one in my previous post, and read them. Only pay attention to the dialogue. You cannot pick up on the body language or see the room description without actually being in the room.
BIll Johns,"Certainly," said [b]Dr. Anderson[/b]. He rose and went over to a liquor cabinet, taking out a second glass and a bottle of wine that was about two-thirds full. "Yes, I developed Morpheus, but there's nothing illegal about it. I would very much like to have that sample back. [b]Brian[/b] did a very foolish thing and took it from my lab without permission earlier today. I didn't want the police involved, and I have no wish to press charges against my son. I sent out my colleagues to help find him before he got into trouble, but it seems they were too late. What exactly happened?" He filled the glass as he spoke, returned the bottle to the cabinet, walked back over to the chairs, handed the glass to [b]Bill[/b], and sat down again.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Nanonano63 »

Anthony is caught up in his own thoughts and doesn't overhear anything.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 11 months

Post by Philulhu »

Bill took the glass in a trembling hand and gulped down the contents. The drink caught the back of his throat and he coughed, suddenly gasping for air. It took a moment or two before he could compose himself, and he pulled off his glasses and wiped his face before he continued.

"It's ah, difficult to explain. You see, your son phoned me at work and asked me to meet him at Lenny's Bar. I got there and he ambushed me in the john. He pulled a gun on me and accused me of ruining his life. He ah, threw a... a... Well, anyway the police came and they arrested Brian. One of the police drank the contents of a flask that Brian was carrying, that was later, at the station... ..." Bill drifted off, his mind back on the phone call. He shook his head, "Anyway, the stuff that he drank, that's the Morpheus isn't it? Morpheus – the Greek god of dreams? Tell me Professor Anderson, what are you dreaming of?”
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Bill Johns,[b]Dr. Anderson[/b] [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2481493/]peered at [b]Bill[/b] intently[/url], almost seeming to look through him. "I find it very hard to believe that [b]Brian[/b] would do anything of the sort," he said. "How would he even know who you are? And you said the police came - but aren't you with the police? Are you sure you're feeling all right?" He paused a second. "Yes, that was the Morpheus that [b]Brian[/b] had. We figured out that he put it in a thermos that was missing from my lab. I'm relieved that it didn't end up in the wrong hands, at least. Your officer will be all right. He'll sleep for a while, and he may have some interesting dreams, but he'll awaken on his own about four hours after he drank it. I see you noticed the reference to Greek mythology. You're rather well-educated, but then I guess that's why you're a sergeant. I've made the study of dreams and consciousness my life's work, and Morpheus is my crowning achievement. It's still in the experimental stage right now, but it shows promise. I believe it could enable one to control one's dreams."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by Voodoo »

"Can I ask what you plan to do wit us den, We gonna be spendin' de night in your drunk tank?" Remy asks.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Bill Johns,"I was there,I saw it," muttered [b]Bill[/b] as if [b]Dr Anderson[/b] was challenging his memory of what happened. He flicked open the badge wallet he carried, running a thumb over the shield, feeling the contours, as if re-assuring himself of who he was. He looked up again at [b]Dr Anderson[/b]. "So what dreams does this Morpheus create? Good dreams? Bad dreams? Is that why [b]Brian[/b] took it? So he could sell it to some kids so they can get high?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Yeager gave Remy a wolfish grin. "Damn right you are," he said. "You're just lucky you weren't actually driving anywhere when I found you. Maybe cooling your heels overnight will straighten you two out."
Bill Johns,"The dreams could be good or bad," said [b]Dr. Anderson[/b], meeting [b]Bill[/b]'s gaze. "It depends on whatever the person taking it wants to dream about. I don't know why [b]Brian[/b] took it, as I haven't spoken to him today, but that's probably why he did it."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 14 years 2 months

Post by Barandis »

Marcus sighs "Shit happens, you got cash for bail Remy?" turning to Yaeger he asks "How much does it cost to bail yourself out of nick these days Officer" while counting through notes in his wallet.
mr handy,credit rating roll to see if I have enough money to tempt him?[url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2486997/]credit rating 65% (1d100=27)[/url]
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

Remy reaches in his pocket and pulls out his cash and begins counting.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Mr Handy,"But why?" asked [b]Bill[/b], "Why do people need help to dream? People dream all the time.." His voice faltered and he rubbed his palms over his head distractedly. "What's special about the dreams you have when you take this stuff? Make you feel like you're somewhere different? Well? Well?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Jeez, it's just one night," said Yeager. "You could do that standing on your heads. In the morning you'll get let out. Now put that money away and I won't charge you with trying to bribe an officer, which would get you locked up for years."
OOC,[b]Remy[/b] and [b]Markus[/b], roll Idea.
Bill Johns,"The point is the ability to control your own dreams," said [b]Dr. Anderson[/b], "also known as lucid dreaming. A few people are able to do this on their own already. I'm hoping Morpheus can enable anyone to decide what they want to dream about and take control of their dreams. We're still in the early stages of testing, but something like this could be very much in demand one day. It could be useful for dream therapy, where a psychiatrist could guide a patient into a dream state in order to deal with mental illnesses, for one thing. Ah, but I know why you're so interested in Morpheus." He let the statement hang for a few seconds to let [b]Bill[/b] wonder about it before continuing. "Young [b]Willie Johns[/b] is signed up for my latest round of experiments this weekend. I can see the resemblance. Is he your grandson, or your nephew, perhaps?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Barandis »

Marcus pockets his wallet with a nod. Something comes to him as he does.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Markus Fletcher,[b]Markus[/b] realized that being locked up overnight might not be the worst thing in the world. After all, [b]Brian Anderson[/b] had just been arrested tonight too. If he's locked up, he may just get the chance to meet and talk to him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

"I don't tink either of us meant it as a bribe. We was just tryin' to make sure we'd have enough to bail ourselves out if i came to it." Remy tells the officer as he puts his money back in his pocket , "I wasn't really hopin' to spend my first night in de city locked up." He says before a thought comes to him.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Mr Handy,[b]Bill[/b] pauses a moment to let the news sink in before slowly shaking his head. "[b]Willie?[/b] Must be some sort of coincidence - he's not one of mine." He rubbed his hands nervously through his hair. "So again, [b]Dr. Anderson[/b], why would [b]Brian[/b] be trying to peddle this stuff? Your average junkie doesn't strike me as the sort to be able to control anything, never mind his dreams."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Of course you weren't trying to bribe me," said Yeager. "If you were, I'd have already charged you for it. Just didn't want to see you making another mistake."
Remy Leblanc,[b]Remy[/b] realized that while there was danger in being locked up overnight, in that his outstanding warrants from Louisiana could potentially be discovered in the interim, there was also the potential to find out more. After all, [b]Brian Anderson[/b] had just been arrested tonight too. If he's locked up, he may just get the chance to meet and talk to him.
Bill Johns,"Yes, that is true," said [b]Dr. Anderson[/b]. "Honestly, I don't know why [b]Brian[/b] does the things he does. I doubt he was thinking clearly. You're sure you're not related to [b]Willie Johns[/b]? It couldn't possibly be a coincidence. Both of you have the same last name and very nearly the same face."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Barandis
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Barandis »

"I have woken up in worse places than the cells. How is the breakfast there?" asks Marcus with a grin.
Voodoo
Adept
Adept

Post by Voodoo »

"Well since we're just sittin' here right now, Wanna tell us whats goin' on in de house?" Remy asks the officer.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

Mr Handy,[b]Bill[/b]ignored the question. "So what's [b]Brian[/b] got on his mind?" he asked [b]Dr Anderson[/b]. "You're his father - you should be looking out for him. Or were you too busy in the lab?" He wants to put the pressure on [b]Anderson[/b], make him crack - get him off the topic of [b]Willie Johns[/b].
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Not particularly," Yeager told Remy. He then answered Markus. "The food in our jail is very nutritious - which means it tastes like crap."
Bill Johns,[b]Dr. Anderson[/b] frowned. "[b]Brian[/b] is the one who hasn't had much time for me," he said. "I had no idea he was in this much trouble. I have been worried about him, and I've been making an effort to find him all afternoon and evening. I'm not the one who apparently isn't even aware of his family. Now, [b]Sergeant Johns[/b], if there are no further questions, I have much to do to arrange for my son's defense." He rose from his chair.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Chapter 1”