IC-Prologue-Day In Day Out(Anthony Scott/Jerome Padgett)

Professor Bill Johns is inexplicably transported from 2009 back to 1969, where he finds himself enmeshed in a mystery that is intimately connected to his own past. As he struggles to adjust, he must discover why he is in 1969, what is going on, and how to find his way home. Others in 1969 find themselves mixed up in the same odd events as well.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Prologue-Day In Day Out(Anthony Scott/Jerome Padgett)

Post by Mr. Handy »

Alpha Epsilon Pi Fraternity House, University of Pennsylvania - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2:45 PM - Wednesday, July 16, 1969
Nancy and Jerome followed Professor Scott to the Alpha Episilon Pi house, a three-story building with ivy-coated brick walls. Nancy placed the plank she was still carrying over the front steps so that Jerome could wheel his way up, then picked it up once he was at the top of the stairs. She opened the double front doors, and the three of them entered.

The lobby was lavishly decorated, with mahogany paneling. A lounge was on the right, with comfortable-looking leather chairs and couches. Photographs hung on the wall, most of them black and white, but a few in color. On the left was a narrow staircase leading upward, and there was a door at the back.

A young man with straight brown hair reclined in one of the chairs, wearing a navy blue blazer and black slacks. He was reading a book, but he looked up when he saw the small group enter.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 7 months

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Excuse me, but do you know someone named Brian Anderson who lives here?" asks Jerome.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes," said the youth, standing up, "he's one of the brothers here at the fraternity."

"Is he here?" asked Nancy.

"I don't think so, but I can ask around. What's this about?"
OOC,[b]Jerome[/b] and [b]Anthony[/b], roll Credit Rating or Fast Talk, whichever is higher.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate
Registered for: 15 years

Post by Nanonano63 »

"I'm Dr. Scott from the science department. We need to talk to Brian and he was missing from class today. He's not in trouble we just need to talk to him," says Anthony.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Okay, Professor," he said. "I'll see if I can help you track him down. I'm Ralph Scarpetti, by the way." He shook Anthony's hand. "I'm a senior. Brian is set to go into his junior year if he can get some decent grades this summer. His best friend here is Gary Brown, a sophomore. If anyone knows where he might be, it's Gary. Let's see if either he or Brian are in."

Ralph led the way through the door at the back, into a large lounge with more doors leading out of it. There were a pool table, more chairs and couches, writing desks, bookshelves, paintings, and windows through which the bright summer sunlight streamed. A few frat brothers were present, two of them playing pool and another pair studying.

"Anyone seen Brian or Gary?" asked Ralph.

"Yeah, Gary's in the kitchen," said one of the pool players. "It's a good thing you came when you did, he's about to leave for class in a few minutes. Haven't seen Brian since this morning."

"Okay, thanks." Ralph led the group to a door on the left, beyond which was the frat house's kitchen.

Right before they reached it, a man in his late teens with black hair emerged with a bottle of soda in his hand and a backpack on his back. "Hey, Ralph," he said.

"Gary, I was just looking for you. These are Professor Scott and his colleagues."

"What can I do for you?" he asked them.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"We've been trying to find Brian. We needed to tell him something important. He isn't in trouble, but we would appreciate if you could help us find him," explains Jerome.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,I'm guessing that was a Fast Talk roll. You should specify what you're rolling against in the Note section on Invisible Castle, as well as the number you need.
"Sure, I'll help you," said Gary. "I've got a class at three, so I'm in a hurry, but if you walk with me we can talk on the way." He led the way back to the foyer.

"When did you see him last?" asked Nancy, following him.

"Let's see, it was at lunchtime. He seemed kind of preoccupied, like something was on his mind. He left at 1:00."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Nanonano63 »

"Gary, did Brian happen to say where he was headed?" asked Anthony.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"He didn't say exactly where he was going," answered Gary, "but he did mention something about thinking of going to church. I remember that because it was unusual for him. He was raised Catholic, but he's not a religious person at all. I don't think he's ever gone to church as long as I've known him."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"Then why would he go to church?" asks Jerome, while he tries to remember what churches are on or near the campus.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Gary shrugged. "I don't really know," he said. "Kind of threw me for a loop too." He led the way across campus.

Jerome was sure that there must be a few Catholic churches in the vicinity of the campus.
OOC,[b]Jerome[/b], roll Know to know where they are. [b]Anthony[/b], you can roll Know too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Nanonano63 »

OOC,KNOW roll = [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2072926/]54 success![/url]
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Anthony knew the locations of four Catholic churches within a few blocks of campus, but it would take some time to check them all.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"It looks like we have some scrambling to do to find him," says Jerome. "Can you tell us anything that might help us figure out which one he went to?"
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

(By the way, I rolled a 20 for Know on I.C., but I had to click off quickly, and now I can't find it again. I don't think it matters with Anthony having thought of the churches.)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,That's okay. You're right, it doesn't matter.
Gary shrugged. "Sorry, I have no idea," he said. "Like I told you, I've never known Brian to go to church. I have no idea which one he'd go to."

"Maybe we can split up and cover more ground," suggested Nancy. "If we split into two groups, we can cover more ground that way. We can meet up a little before 4:00 at Logan Hall, before that class starts. Even if Brian doesn't show, maybe we'll find Mary there. I know you've got your own class to get to, Gary. Professor Scott, you've done a lot to help us out, and I thank you. If you're not too busy, could you please help us canvass the churches in the area? Then Jerome and I could go together. I'll understand if you can't, in which case Jerome could manage on his own."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

"I want to thank you both for the help you've given us," says Jerome to Gary and Professor Scott. "Gary, perhaps if you meet Brian you could tell him we wanted to talk with him? Other than that, I won't bother you any more about him - I know you have to get to class."

"Professor Scott, we've used a lot of your time in an issue that doesn't really affect you. Unless you feel concerned about your student Brian, I don't see why you would continue helping us. Of course, we would appreciate the extra set of legs and eyes if you feel like helping search the churches."

"There aren't enough of us to hist every church. To increase our odds, we should split up as much as we can. I can get around fine carrying the plank."
Nanonano63
Initiate
Initiate

Post by Nanonano63 »

"It's been my pleasure to assist you Mr. Padgett, and I must confess that I am becoming concerned about Brian myself. I would like to accept your offer to continue helping you in this matter," says Anthony.

"It seems to me that Brian isn't really looking to be around a lot of people right now. It might be best to check the smaller churches first, Brian might be more willingly to go someplace with less people."
OOC,If the search takes Dr. Scott longer than his usual work day he will need to stop somewhere to call home and let his family know he will be late.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]Anthony[/b]'s work day usually ends around 5:00 and he has no other classes to teach today, so that won't be an issue for him yet.
"Yes, thank you both," said Nancy. "You show a great deal of dedication to your students, Professor Scott."

"I'll be sure to let Brian know you're looking for him if I see him," said Gary. "I hope everything's okay with him." He checked his watch. "Well, I've gotta go. Don't want to be late for class." He jogged off, taking a swig of his soda as he ran.

"Okay, we'll want to meet back up at Logan Hall outside Room 202, where that history class is. Let's try to be there by 3:50. Maybe we can talk to the professor before class."

Jerome, Nancy, and Anthony divided up the churches amongst themselves and headed off in their separate directions. After checking each church, looking around, describing Brian, and asking people if they'd seen him, they came up empty. Nobody had noticed Brian at any of the four churches.

Logan Hall, University of Pennsylvania
3:50 PM - Wednesday, July 16th, 1969
The three of them met up again in the second floor hallway of Logan Hall, outside Room 202. The previous class had let out a few minutes ago, and nobody had arrived for the next class yet. They compared notes about their fruitless search.
OOC,[b]Jerome[/b] and [b]Anthony[/b], roll Idea.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mi-Go Agent
Keeper
Keeper

Re: IC-Prologue-Day In Day Out(Anthony Scott/Jerome Padgett)

Post by Mi-Go Agent »

(Wait - three of us checked four churches and got back on time? Fine with me.)

"I have an idea," says Jerome.

Return to “Prologue”