IC-Prologue-God Only Knows(Father Nathaniel Levington only)

Professor Bill Johns is inexplicably transported from 2009 back to 1969, where he finds himself enmeshed in a mystery that is intimately connected to his own past. As he struggles to adjust, he must discover why he is in 1969, what is going on, and how to find his way home. Others in 1969 find themselves mixed up in the same odd events as well.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: IC-Prologue-God Only Knows(Father Nathaniel Levington only)

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I got arrested," said Brian, sounding scared and confused. "I was set up. I was at a bar, and there was this crazy old man. I know he was the one who called the cops on me. I've never seen him before, but he accused me of trying to kill him! I don't want anyone else to know I'm here. Please, help me, Father!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
TheAlchemist
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 15 years

Post by TheAlchemist »

"Alright Brian, take it easy. I'll lock up here at the church and be there as soon as I can. What police station is it?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I'm at police headquarters," said Brian. Father Levington knew that it was not too far away, on Race Street between 7th and 8th. He could probably drive there in five to ten minutes.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
TheAlchemist
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by TheAlchemist »

"Alright," Levington said. "I'll be there as soon as I can."

Gathering up his things he went outside, locked the doors, and got into his car. He sat there thinking to himself for a few minutes.

I'll talk to him at least, he thought to himself. If he's telling the truth I'll see what I can do. But how do I know he's telling the truth? Something isn't right about all this.

With these thoughts on his mind he started the car and drove over to the police headquarters.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Police Headquarters, Franklin Square - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
7:50 PM - Wednesday, July 16, 1969

Father Levington pulled up in the parking lot oustide the Roundhouse, and he could see where it got its name. The walls were all curved, with round towers on the east and west sides connected to a central oval. He walked through the main entrance into a vestibule area with glass doors on the west and east sides. A window was in the north wall near the west door, and behind it sat a uniformed sergeant. "Can I help you, Father?" he asked, noticing the priest's collar.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
TheAlchemist
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by TheAlchemist »

"Yes, I'm looking for a young man named Brian. He was brought in here on attempted murder charges I believe. I would like to speak with him if that's alright."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"You too?" said the sergeant. "Damn, this guy's more popular than The Beatles. Uh, sorry, Father. They just brought him in not twenty minutes ago, and you're the second guy who's come to see him already. It's a little late for visiting prisoners."
OOC,[b]Father Levington[/b], roll Fast Talk to get the sergeant to let you inside.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
TheAlchemist
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by TheAlchemist »

"Look" Levington said. "I know its getting late, but Brian called me just a little while ago, and he's real scared. I'm his priest, and I really think he could use a friendly face. I'm not here to cause you good folks any trouble. I just want to make sure Brians okay. You think I could go back and talk to him for five or ten minutes?"
OOC,I also want to ask him about this other guy.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Sure, Father, no problem," said the sergeant. "I'll just buzz you in. Come around to the security desk and I'll set you up with a visitor's pass." He pressed a button, and a buzzing sound came from the west door.

Father Levington opened the door and walked through before the buzzing stopped. The door closed automatically when he released it. The lobby of police headquarters was huge, with brown wood paneling. To the right was the security desk, behind which the sergeant who had buzzed him in and a couple of police officers sat. On the left was a memorial with many photos of officers who had fallen in the line of duty. Most of them were black and white, but the later ones were in color. Straight ahead and at the back were a pair of elevators with rounded walls, one on either side. Between the elevators was a large floor-to-ceiling window that looked out on Race Street, and in front of it was a large board with a portrait of Commissioner Frank Rizzo.

"Here's a visitor's pass," said the sergeant, handing Nathaniel a laminated card with a clip on the reverse side. "Just clip it to your coat. Brian Anderson is with his lawyer right now. The lawyer was the other guy who came to see him. Fellow named Alan Gains." The phone at his desk rang, and he answered it. "Uh huh? Yeah, he's here. Sure, I'll send him down." He hung up. "Nice timing. Brian wants to see you, it seems. Officer Jackson will take you down." He nodded to one of the cops behind the desk, who stood and came around to join the priest, leading him to the elevators. Jackson pressed the call button to summon one going down.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
TheAlchemist
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by TheAlchemist »

"Thank you sergeant."

Levington followed officer Jackson down to the elevator and waited with him for the elevator to arrive.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Finally, the elevator arrived, and Father Levington and Officer Jackson got in. Jackson pressed the B button, and the elevator slowly descended to the basement. When it arrived, the doors slid open to let them out.

A hall led to a large metal door with a barred window. In front of this door sat another sergeant at a desk. "The priest is here to see the prisoner, Sarge," said Jackson.

"Go right in, Father," said the sergeant. He pressed a switch, and the metal door slid open with a rumbling sound. The hallway continued beyond it.

"This way," said Officer Jackson. He led Nathaniel through the door and down the hall, into a guard room. Two uniformed policemen stood guard there, one a young black man about six feet tall, the other one pasty-faced, chubby, and a head shorter. The hallway continued beyond the guard room into a cell block. Several wooden doors lined the sides of the guard room, and a payphone was in one corner. "The priest is here to see Brian Anderson," said Jackson.

"In there," said the black cop, pointing to one of the wooden doors. Unlike the others, it was open. Father Levington entered.
OOC,Please move to the following thread:
Law
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Prologue”