IC-Prologue-Rebel Rebel(Kathleen/John Hawkes/Barney/Harry)

Professor Bill Johns is inexplicably transported from 2009 back to 1969, where he finds himself enmeshed in a mystery that is intimately connected to his own past. As he struggles to adjust, he must discover why he is in 1969, what is going on, and how to find his way home. Others in 1969 find themselves mixed up in the same odd events as well.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Caporegime
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Re: IC-Prologue-Rebel Rebel(Kathleen Scott/John Hawkes)

Post by Caporegime »

"F*ck it, I call." Said John. "What sort of experiment?" Is he into all this hippie mumbo jumbo or something?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I call," said Moonchild. "Yeah, what kind of experiment?"

"Me too," said Daisy.

"Call," said Maxine. "It's a psych experiment involving sleep and dreams. I saw a flyer up on a bulletin board on campus advertising it. They're paying students fifty bucks to participate in it this weekend. They apparently ran it before a couple of weeks ago. We have to stay overnight in the lab all three nights. Your turn, Kathy."
OOC,[b]Kathleen[/b], you may either call or raise. If you call, [b]John[/b] can then go ahead and exchange cards. If you raise, he can fold, call, or reraise. After that, the NPCs will have their turn.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Kathy frowned and said, "I call"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Okay," said Maxine. She looked at John. "How many cards do you want?"

The policeman returned from the restrooms. "Find anything, Officer?" asked Lenny.

"Nope," he said. "No sign of a suit. I checked both restrooms and out the back door. Nothing. Well, good night. I've got to report in."

"Good night. Stop by for a drink any time." Lenny waved as Officer Stevens left. He did not appear to even notice the card game, or maybe he just didn't care.
OOC,[b]John Hawkes[/b], it's your turn to decide which cards to keep and which ones to trade in.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Caporegime
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Caporegime »

"Jesus, I thought that cop was never gonna leave." Said John, momentarily forgetting the card game. "I'll take 3 cards hon." He said, tossing 3 cards into the middle. "Anyway, 50 bucks for sleeping? Sounds like easy money to me, what kind of wacko would pay someone to sleep!"
John Hawks,I'll swap the Jack, 4 and seven. Keep the two hearts please.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't know, but I'm curious to find out," said Maxine, while Kathleen dealt three replacement cards to John. "This Dr. Anderson sounds like some sort of mad scientist. Then there's this Morpheus stuff that may be related."

"Three for me," said Moonchild, trading his cards in.

Daisy slid her entire hand across the table. "I need a fresh set of cards," she said.

"And I'll just take one," said Maxine, turning in a single card.
OOC,[b]Kathleen[/b] and [b]John[/b], roll Idea. It's now [b]Kathleen[/b]'s turn to trade in cards. After she does that, [b]John[/b] gets to open the second round of betting.
Kathleen Scott,Moonchild seems happy with his new cards. [b]Daisy[/b] isn't any happier with hers. [b]Maxine[/b] seems somewhat disappointed, but not enitrely so.
John Hawkes,Your new cards are the 3 of spades, the 9 of spades, and the 7 of diamonds. This leaves you with just the queen as your high card.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Kathleen thought and said, "Well I have an idea." She then said, "I take 3 cards."
Kathleen Scott,I am keeping the two jacks
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]John[/b], it's your turn to bet. You may either pass and let [b]Moonchild[/b] have his turn, or you may raise.
Kathleen Scott,Your new cards are the 9 of hearts, Queen of clubs, and Ace of diamonds, so you still have a pair of jacks. It occurs to [b]Kathleen[/b] that [b]Dr. Anderson[/b] may be using students as guinea pigs to test the effects of this Morpheus substance.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Caporegime
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Caporegime »

With a puzzled look, John knocked on the table, signaling that he checks. "Well that bum selling the 'Morpheus' crap is down in county round about know so I guess we don't need to worry about him."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Those guys were city cops, not with the Sheriff's office," said Maxine. "They'd have taken him to police headquarters."

"I raise a quarter," said Moonchild, adding his money to the kitty. "Yeah, that's a place I'd rather not visit. Too many bad vibes."

"I fold," said Daisy, putting her cards face down on the table.

"Call," said Maxine, putting in another quarter. "You're up, Kathy. Maybe we don't have to worry about Brian. He's going away for a long, long time. I'm sure he didn't make the Morpheus himself, though. The source is still out there, and it may very well be his old man."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Kathleen said, "Well drugs to get you high are one thing. Sometimes if the person is ugly enough I do drugs just to get through the sex but I am not sure about doing morpheus. Anyway I see your quarter and raise you a dime."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't have a problem with anyone who wants to take drugs," said Maxine, "and I won't knock Morpheus till I've tried it. Still, something seems off about this whole thing. I just can't put my finger on it."
OOC,[b]John[/b], it's your turn to bet. You'll need to put in at least 35 cents to stay in the hand.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Caporegime
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Caporegime »

"Fold!" Said John in disgust. "Why the hell would anyone put that sh*t in their bodies any how. Blow, horse, coke... morpheus, it's all bad news sister."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Only a dime?" said Moonchild. "I'll see that and raise you fifty cents." He confidently put sixty cents in the middle of the table, which now had $2.70.

Maxine thought for a second, then put her cards down. "I'm out," she said. "I don't indulge myself much, and even then it's only weed. I just have a problem with the government telling us what we can and can't do with our own bodies."

"You know, I just thought of something. What if this Dr. Anderson is using this experiment to test this Morpheus stuff on unsuspecting students? Fifty bucks is awfully tempting for someone who has to scrape by just to pay for college."

"Now that would be low. If someone wants to take Morpheus that's one thing, but I draw the line at exploiting the poor - except when it comes to beating them at poker. Ah, well, maybe the next hand will be better for me."
OOC,[b]Kathleen[/b], it's your turn to bet. It'll cost at least 50 cents to stay in.
Kathleen Scott,[b]Moonchild[/b] acts as though he has a good hand, and he again considers it weakness that you've raised by a small amount. While he must suspect that you've got a better hand than he does, he also seems to think you won't be as lucky two times in a row. You have $82.40 in cash left.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

"Moonchild, won't you ever learn? I see your 50 cents."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Moonchild grinned when Kathleen called. "I know for a fact you don't have three aces this time," he said, turning up his cards, "because I've got two of them." In addition to the Ace of hearts and Ace of spades, he also had the King of clubs, Queen of spades, and 10 of diamonds. "Let's see your cards."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Kathleen scowled and turned over her two jacks.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Moonchild smiled as he raked in the cash. "Well, that was a good start," he said. "Let's play some more. I'm feeling lucky."

"Your turn to deal, if you're still in," said Maxine to John.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Caporegime
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Caporegime »

"Yeah... I'm in." Said John as he started to shuffle the cards. "That's some leap anyway hon, this doctor some evil genius or something? What makes you think he's messin' with these kids?"
mikc
Keeper
Keeper

Re: IC-Prologue-Rebel Rebel(Kathleen Scott/John Hawkes/Barney)

Post by mikc »

"I agree, mate! Drugs really fuck you up! Just stay away from all that stuff!"

These words of warning, spoken in a distinctive British accent, come from a pallid, somewhat emaciated figure in a smart suit and foppish, satin shirt who is standing over the table.
The others may have noticed him sat in one of the booths earlier, scribbling in a notebook and sipping at a soda.

"I couldn't help overhearing your conversation. I'm Barney, by the way. Mind if I join you?"

Without waiting for a formal invitation, the youngish man sits down at the table, "Deal me in, won't you? Yeah," he continues with hardly a pause, "heavy stuff, messing around with psychedelics if you don't know what you're doing. I'd advise against it and, believe me, I speak from experience.
Stay away from that dream experiment lark!
Of course, if you were thinking of shutting it down, I would concur wholeheartedly.
Anyway ... you're playing poker, eh? Well, I must admit, I've never played before - so be gentle with me!
I hope no one's armed here, hate to see a wild west shoot out over a card game!

He stops a moment to reflect, "Although that's not strictly true; I just wouldn't want to be involved in one, I guess."

Pausing briefly in his quickfire, babbling monologue, the man looks around the table with a wide grin, "Well, this is America, right?" He makes a poor attempt at a drawling, southern accent, "Why, yew cheatin' dawg! Draw, stranger!" and pulls out a pointed finger, jabbing it around the table, "Bam! Bam! Bam!"
Blowing imaginary smoke from his fingers, the grin suddenly fades as it dawns on him that he may have made some sort of faux-pas.

"Er, well; deal me in, if you don't mind," he finishes somewhat lamely.

Return to “Prologue”