IC-Prologue-Rebel Rebel(Kathleen/John Hawkes/Barney/Harry)

Professor Bill Johns is inexplicably transported from 2009 back to 1969, where he finds himself enmeshed in a mystery that is intimately connected to his own past. As he struggles to adjust, he must discover why he is in 1969, what is going on, and how to find his way home. Others in 1969 find themselves mixed up in the same odd events as well.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Caporegime
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years

Re: IC-Prologue-Rebel Rebel(Kathleen Scott/John Hawkes/Barney)

Post by Caporegime »

John delt the newcoming into the game. "So, you ain't from round here then fella, what brings you to this dive?" Said John as he rather clumsily tossed the cards across the table to the various players. "And I don't know squat about this dream stuff, all sounds like a lot o' crazy talk to me. Some doctor paying way over the odds to to kids to do some wacky sh*t sounds like it's worth checkin' out. I could sure use me 50 bucks by the way this games going anyway!"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It was Moonchild who thought of it, not me," said Maxine, putting her quarter in the middle. "I don't know anything about this Dr. Anderson guy, but finding out more about him is a good idea."

Moonchild nodded and also anted up. "I did say 'what if.' I don't know what's going on either, but yeah, I'm curious too."

"I'll sit this hand out," said Daisy, rising from the table and yielding her seat to Barney. "I'm no good at this game." She returned to the booth where the other hippies were sitting.

"There are a few angles we could pursue," said Maxine. "There's taking part in the experiment itself, though only students are allowed to participate. That's me and Kathy, unless you guys are enrolled at Penn. We'd have to apply tomorrow, as it starts the night after. There's probably limited space anyway, so the sooner we get our foot in the door, the better. We can also investigate Anderson's background, find out whatever we can about him - and then there's Brian. If we can get close to him, he could be a good source of information. Problem is, he's in jail right now, but I'd think his dad will bail him out first chance he gets." She glanced over at Kathleen. "You in this hand, sweetheart?"
OOC,Once [b]Kathleen[/b] says whether she's in or out (and puts her ante in if she's in), I'll tell all of you what cards you've got.
Barney Brainstorm,You had a total of $75.00 in cash on your person at the moment. Ante is a quarter, so that leaves you with $74.75. I'll also need a Psychology roll and a Spot Hidden roll. Put both rolls in a spoiler button like this with your character's name so that the other players don't know what you got.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
mikc
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Post by mikc »

Barney throws a quarter into the pool, "Here's my 25 cents' worth," he puns badly.
Poker face,passed Psych, failed Spot [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2065333/[/url]
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Kathleen sighed and said, "Here is my anti as well. Hey Moonchild now that we have scared Dasiy away you want to come over tonight and you can teach me how to 'bluff'?"
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Moonchild chuckled. "Maybe," he said with a twinkle in his eye. "Maybe there we can play strip poker, and I can teach you a thing or two."

John finished dealing out the cards all around the table. Moonchild looked at his cards. "I raise a quarter," he said, sliding another coin into the pot.
OOC,It is [b]Barney[/b]'s turn to bet. It costs 25 cents to call and stay in. You may re-raise by adding in more if you like.
Kathleen Scott,Your cards are Ace of clubs, King of hearts, 3 of hearts, King of diamonds, 5 of diamonds. This gives you a pair of kings to start. Everyone at the table seems somewhat pleased with their cards, particualrly [b]John[/b] and [b]Barney[/b].
John Hawkes,Your cards are Ace of spades, Jack of diamonds, 4 of clubs, Jack of clubs, Jack of spades. This gives you three jacks to start!
Barney Brainstorm,Your cards are Queen of spades, 10 of clubs, 2 of diamonds, 2 of clubs, Queen of hearts. This gives you two pairs to start, queens over twos. You get the sense that everyone else is at least somewhat pleased with their cards. [b]Moonchild[/b] has an air of confidence about him, and seems like the sort to take risks. [b]Maxine[/b] is hard to read. [b]John[/b] seems to be on the poor side, so he probably doesn't have a whole lot of money. [b]Kathleen[/b] seems fairly wealthy, and from watching her play you can tell she's pretty good.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
mikc
Keeper
Keeper

Post by mikc »

"I'll raise a quarter," says Barney, tossing 50 cents into the pot.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I call," said Maxine, adding fifty cents to the kitty.
OOC,[b]Kathleen[/b], it's your turn to bet next. It will cost at least 50 cents to stay in. Then it's [b]John[/b]'s turn to bet.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 5 months

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Kathleen grinned and said, "I will see your 50 cents and raise you another 50 cents. Oh and Moonchild why wait till I get home to play strip poker. I may strip right now." She raised her shirt a bit.
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,[b]John[/b], it's your turn to bet. It will cost at least a dollar to stay in.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Caporegime
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Caporegime »

John fished around in his pockets for another dollar and grumpily slid it into the pot "Call" he said through his thick beard. "Well to tell the truth I'm kinda at a loose end lately, so if you guys are determined to look into this mess then I'm game. Makes sense to me if you little ladies get enrolled in this experiment whilst I go and pay our 'friend' Brian a visit. Much more my style than trawling through city hall for information on this Anderson guy. Anyone know where he can be found once his old man bails him out of the lockup?"
mikc
Keeper
Keeper

Post by mikc »

ooc,would you believe I've never played poker!? Well, neither has [b]Barney[/b], so I could carry on in blissful ignorance I guess - but might he at least know how it works regarding picking up and discarding? (passed Know: [url]http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/2069206/[/url])
Caporegime
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Caporegime »

Basic Poker Rules,[url]http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/~gc00/reviews/pokerrules[/url] Try this, hope it helps.
mikc
Keeper
Keeper

Post by mikc »

ta, mate! :)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I don't know much about Brian," said Moonchild, "but the guy comes in here every now and then to sell various drugs. First time he's ever mentioned Morpheus. Everyone calls him Candyman. Might be a good idea to find out what we can about him as well as his dad. I call." He added another 75 cents.
OOC,Caporegime, thanks for posting the poker rules. Even if [b]Barney[/b] hadn't known how to play, I'm sure the others would have been glad to have him stay at the table. :lol: [b]Barney[/b], it's your turn to bet. You can either fold (in which case you sit out the rest of this hand), call (by adding another 50 cents to the middle of the table), or raise (by adding more than that).
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
mikc
Keeper
Keeper

Post by mikc »

ooc,when/how do you get new cards?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,After the first round of betting is over, each player in order gets to trade in some (or all) of their cards for new ones from the top of the deck. The round ends when everyone has either called or folded. Only you and [b]Maxine[/b] still have to either put more money in or fold right now, but if you raise then everyone else will need to match it to stay in.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
mikc
Keeper
Keeper

Post by mikc »

"I'm in," says Barney, throwing 50 cts into the pot and examining his cards with a somewhat puzzled look.
ooc,so I can only buy new cards from the next round onwards, right?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Call," said Maxine, putting in half a dollar.

"I'll take three," said Moonchild, trading in his cards and looking at his new ones.
OOC,This round is your only chance to exchange cards. You don't buy them, you simply give up some of your cards by putting them face down on the table, and the dealer gives you same number of new cards back from the top of the deck. Each of you gets one chance to do this, starting with [b]Moonchild[/b], since [b]John[/b] is the dealer and [b]Moonchild[/b] is to his left. Now it's [b]Barney[/b]'s turn. You may either keep all of your cards, or you may trade in one, two, or three cards. You are also allowed to trade in four cards if the one you keep is an ace, or you may trade in all five of your cards for five new ones.
Kathleen Scott,[b]Moonchild[/b] is disappointed with his new cards.
Barney Brainstorm,[b]Moonchild[/b] doesn't seem all that thrilled with his new cards.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
mikc
Keeper
Keeper

Post by mikc »

"I'll take one,"says Barney, depositing a card on the table.
ooc,[b]Barney[/b] ditches the 10 and, if it's betting time, raises a dollar (feel free to edit Post)
Caporegime
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Caporegime »

"One for me." Said John.
John Hawkes,John swaps the 4 of clubs

Return to “Prologue”