IC-Prologue-Time Will Crawl(Bill/Yeager/Rawlings/Harry)

Professor Bill Johns is inexplicably transported from 2009 back to 1969, where he finds himself enmeshed in a mystery that is intimately connected to his own past. As he struggles to adjust, he must discover why he is in 1969, what is going on, and how to find his way home. Others in 1969 find themselves mixed up in the same odd events as well.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 10 months

Re: IC-Prologue-Time Will Crawl(Bill Johns/Lt. John Yeager)

Post by Philulhu »

Bill sighed with relief, the tension draining from him. Whatever else, he felt that he belonged somewhere at least. "Sorry Lieutenant, I should have told you sooner. Guess I was all shook up with what happened," he said.

"You mentioned Morpheus, right? I read about him back in... ... well, when I was a kid. He's Greek god of dreams - do you think that's a clue to what's in the flask?"
seanarcher
Layman
Layman
Registered for: 14 years 10 months

Post by seanarcher »

“God of dreams? Well when Harry wakes up he’s going to wish he were with the god of dreams” Scowling John turns around to scan up and down the street .

“Where’s that damn squad car...” He quickly looks back at his new sergeant

“Charlie said a lawyer and priest were already there when he got there and the lawyer was the one tailing us from Lenny's, now our Brian aint no altar boy, do you think the priest is there because of this god stuff? Brian’s farther is some doc at the University of Pennsylvania's School of Medicine, Dr. Gregory Anderson. Does that name ring any bells for you Bill?” He shakes his head saying "Apparently Brian’s old man like to test his own medicine on the students, gives them free samples! I think you and I will have to have a chat with this Dr. Anderson" John suddenly stops his rambling.

"I must already trust you Bill, I wouldn't be babbling like this in front of my detectives." He says laughing to himself.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

The receptionist visibly relaxed and leaned back in her chair now that the two men were speaking on friendly terms. When John looked outside, he saw a police car driving south down 10th Street. It pulled into the hospital's driveway, underneath an overhang, and stopped outside the main entrance. The driver, a young black policeman with short brown hair, honked the horn briefly and waved.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
seanarcher
Layman
Layman

Post by seanarcher »

"Bout damn time!" John walks out the emergency entrance and heads to the drivers side of the patrol car

"In the back, I'm in a hurry" He opens the door to let the officer out.

"C'mon Sergeant the clock is ticking!" John gives the accelerator a couple of taps to emphasise.
Last edited by seanarcher on Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"What do you know about the doc?" asked Bill as he climbed into the squad car. "Is he one of the guys who likes to sample his own stuff?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, sir," said the uniformed officer, sliding into the back seat quickly and closing his door. He hurried to buckle his seatbelt.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
seanarcher
Layman
Layman

Post by seanarcher »

OOC,LOL oops.... Now there's a slip up for John, "Hello Sugar" oh dears. Note to self must [i]READ[/i] more carefully, policeman dose [i]NOT[/i] equate to sexy young woman - policeman = MAN!!! ..../sigh.......
"After what I told you Bill, you now know as much as I do" John comments as he squeals out of the hospital drive way "I think we need to put the squeeze on our Brian and find out exactly what his old man is up to. We need to get him away from his lawyer and priest buddies before we do that. Any ideas on how to do that would be good right now."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"Well, if he ain't dying, he doesn't have any rights to see a priest right now. We'll tell him to sling his hook," said Bill. "As for the lawyer, if we can find out who it is, I'm sure we can deal with him. We just need a bit of leverage." Bill mentally reviewed what he'd just said and smiled wryly. He'd been a cop for about an hour and he was already trying to work around the system. He'd watched too much Dirty Harry.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

John peeled out and sped down 10th Street until he reached Locust, where he turned left. A few blocks later he reached 7th Street and made another left. The Roundhouse wasn't far. The radio patrol car didn't handle as well as his Mustang, but it would get him there nicely enough.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
seanarcher
Layman
Layman

Post by seanarcher »

John heads right for the office after they arrive with Bill in tow "Bill you need to handle the priest and get him outa here, see if you can find out why he's here while I have a chat to Brain, I need to put the squeeze on and see how loud he squeals. But first I need to catch up with Chris."
Philulhu
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Philulhu »

"OK," replied Bill, heading in the direction of the cells where he presumed that Brian was being held. He pulled his badge from pocket, flashing it to the watch officer and asking which cell Brian was in.
seanarcher
Layman
Layman

Post by seanarcher »

John peals off in search of Chris
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

After John Yeager pulled up in front of Police Headquarters and got out with Bill, the officer climbed out of the back seat, got back behind the wheel, and drove off to resume his patrol. The two men went back into the lobby and called the elevators. One arrived heading down, and Bill got in that one. Shortly after it left, the other one arrived. John got in that one and went back up to the first floor to return to the office.
OOC,[b]Bill Johns[/b] is moving to the following thread.
Changes
OOC,[b]Lt. John Yeager[/b] is moving to the post linked in the following thread. Do not read the posts above the one in the link. I think you mean [b]Charlie[/b], not Chris. [b]Charlie[/b] isn't Chris anyway, he's Ray - sort of. ;)
Law
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Prologue”