IC-Prologue-Rebel Rebel(Kathleen/John Hawkes/Barney/Harry)

Professor Bill Johns is inexplicably transported from 2009 back to 1969, where he finds himself enmeshed in a mystery that is intimately connected to his own past. As he struggles to adjust, he must discover why he is in 1969, what is going on, and how to find his way home. Others in 1969 find themselves mixed up in the same odd events as well.

Moderator: Mr. Handy

Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 6 months

Re: IC-Prologue-Rebel Rebel(Kathleen Scott/John Hawkes)

Post by Mr Zombie killer »

Kathy stared briefly at the biker and then said, "I would like 3 cards as well."
Kathy Scott,I am keeping the two aces. The rest are discarded
Conquer your fear, and I promise you, you will conquer death
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Maxine dealt three cards to Kathleen and then three to John.

"Me three," said Moonchild with a grin. He slid three of his cards face down across the table. Maxine dealt him his replacement cards.

"Uh, I'd like three too," said Daisy. She turned in her three cards and got three back.

"And dealer takes three," said Maxine, discarding three of her cards and dealing herself three more.
OOC,Now it's time for the final round of betting. [b]Kathleen[/b], you go first. You may either pass or raise by whatever amount you choose.
Kathleen Scott,[b]Kathleen[/b] is dealt the Ace of clubs, 10 of hearts, and 2 of diamonds. This gives her three aces. [b]Moonchild[/b] seems pleased with his new cards. [b]Daisy[/b] looks disappointed. [b]Maxine[/b] does not appear to show emotion and doesn't seem to care.
John Hawkes,[b]John[/b] is dealt the 10 of clubs, 8 of clubs, and 7 of clubs. His hand is not improved from the pair of kings.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Kathleen frowned but said, "I bet 50 cents."
Caporegime
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by Caporegime »

Taking one last, hard look at his cards John pushed in a couple of quarters, motioning that he calls.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Moonchild considered for a moment. "I see your fifty and raise you another fifty," he said, taking out a dollar bill and putting it in the middle.

"I fold," said Daisy, this time without hesitation. She put her cards face down on the table and leaned back.

"I'm out too," said Maxine, placing her cards down on the table as well.
OOC,[b]Kathleen[/b], it's your turn now. You have to put in another 50 cents if you want to stay in, you can reraise even higher if you wish, or you can fold. [b]John[/b], your turn will come after that. You'll need to pay another 50 cents to stay in, or more if [b]Kathleen[/b] raises again. There is currently $4.50 in the kitty.
Kathleen Scott,You have $72.00 in cash remaining. [b]Moonchild[/b] seems confident. Either he has something good, or he's a good bluffer.
John Hawkes,You have $13.50 in cash remaining.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Kathy said, "I see your 50 cents and I put in another $1."
Caporegime
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Caporegime »

"Shit! You girls don't mess around. Too heavy for me" said John as threw his cards into the middle.
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Kathy smiled and said, "Well if you want to I can mess around with you tonight and show you things you never dreamed of. Maxine and I are always looking for another partner. That offer extends to you Moonchild and Dasiy as well. I have been told I am an animal in bed and i can handle more then one at a time. I am also a very very bad girl who needs some good discipline. Is that not right Maxine?"

Handy,This character is so fun to play!
Caporegime
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Caporegime »

"Whhhoooowwww there missy" said John, swinging back on his chair, chuckling to himself. "I'm and old man and you're obviously one crazy lady! Let's just stick to cards for the time being eh?" Crushing his cigarette into the ash tray John leaned forward, closer into the group. "What's with that crazy guy and his jacket anyway?" he whispered.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"And I see your buck and raise you another buck," said Moonchild confidently. He peeled off another two dollar bills and put them in the middle. The kitty was growing large, and was now at eight dollars total. He smiled at Kathleen. "Sounds far out. I'm all for free love, baby."

Daisy looked at him uncertainly. "I don't know, Moonchild..." she said.

"Come on, it'll do you good to try new things."

"Well...I'l think about it."

Moonchild then turned to John. "Yeah, that old guy was trippin', man. He looked like a professor of some kind. I don't know what he was on, but I wouldn't mind scoring some of it myself. Maybe it was that stuff Candyman was trying to sell. Morpheus, he called it. Too bad the fuzz took him away. I wanted to try it. Although...if we could find out where he got it from..."
OOC,[b]Kathleen[/b], it's your turn to bet. It's another dollar to call, more if you want to raise further. It's between you and [b]Moonchild[/b] now. Either of you may roll Psychology about the old man you saw. You may also roll History to see what you know about the name Morpheus.
Kathleen Scott,You have $70.50 in cash remaining. [b]Moonchild[/b] is determined to stay in, and seems to have money to burn. [b]Daisy[/b] is not only shy, she's also a bit jealous about sharing [b]Moonchild[/b] with anyone else. She wants him all to herself.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Kathleen smiled back and said, "I call the dollar and raise you 50 cents." She thought for a bit and said, "I think I know what was wrong with that old geezer." She was quiet for a few seconds and then said, " Even though I have spent a lot of my time studying history i do not remember anything about Morphius." She then smiled a bit and said, "However I have some old history books at home so if you want to come to my place after the game we can 'study' together."
Caporegime
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Caporegime »

Lighting another cigarette John continued to watch the other bar patrons play cards, he knew something was odd about the old man and his jacket but couldn't quite put his finger on it. Whilst his mind was wondering John wracked his brain about the name Morpheus but it didn't mean anything to him.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Moonchild smiled enigmatically. Then he put a Kennedy half dollar and two ones in the middle. "I'll see that and raise you two bucks," he said. The jackpot was now up to twelve dollars.

"I've heard of Morpheus before," said Maxine. "He's from Greek mythology. The god of dreams. Maybe this drug affects dreams somehow."

"Far out."
OOC,[b]Kathleen[/b], it's your bet. It'll cost $2.00 to call, more if you want to raise again. Also, roll Idea.
Kathleen Scott,You have $69.00 in cash left. [b]Moonchild[/b] apparently sensed weakness on your part when you raised by a smaller amount this time. The old man did not seem to be drunk or on drugs, but it's possible that he's mentally ill. He acted like he thought he knew where he was, but at the same time he seemed lost and confused, and he used some odd turns of phrase. You have no idea what a 'seventies night' is.
John Hawkes,The old man did not seem to be drunk or on drugs. You can't be sure if he was mentally ill or not, but he seemed lost and confused.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Kathy said, "You want to really play Moonchild? I see your $2 and I put down another $2. Show me your cards." She thought for a minute and then said, "The old geezer did not seem to be drunk or high. He could be mentally ill. But then again he acted like he has been here before yet lost and confused at the same time. Anyone know what a 'Seventies night' is?" She thought for a bit more and said, "I have an idea"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"I've never heard of a 'seventies night' before," said Maxine. Daisy and Moonchild just shrugged.

"You just raised, so I gotta call first before you see my cards," said Moonchild with a grin. "I wanna see what you've got too." He slid in another two dollars, for a total of sixteen. "I think you're bluffing. I have two pair, nines over fives." He flipped his cards upright and spread them out, revealing the nine of spades, nine of hearts, five of hearts, five of diamonds, and jack of clubs. "I showed you mine, now you show me yours."
John Hawkes,[b]John[/b] doesn't know what a 'seventies night' is either.
Kathleen Scott,You have $67.00 in cash. Since you won this hand, that gives you a total of $83.00 after you claim the prize. [b]Maxine[/b] mentioned earlier that the psychological experiment this weekend involves sleep and dreams. You also remember that she said the man in charge of it is a [b]Dr. Gregory Anderson[/b]. Maybe he's related to [b]Brian[/b].
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Kathy smiled and said, "Oh how I would love to see yours. You think Dasiey will mind if we go back to the bathroom where I can see yours? She can come too. I may be able to show her a thing or two." She then showed that she had three aces and raked in the money. Kathy then said, "Maxine you said eariler that there was some sort of experiement this weekend on sleep and dreams. You said a Dr. Anderson was in charge of it. Maybe he is related to Brian?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Daisy blushed furiously.

"Hey, that's right," said Maxine. "I'd forgotten about that. Curiouser and curiouser..."

Moonchild shook his head in disbelief as Kathleen showed her cards and raked in the cash. "You are one lucky lady," he said. "I may take you up on that offer later. You gonna give me a chance to win some of that back?"

"Your deal, Kathy," said Maxine, sliding the cards over to her. "It is possible that Brian is related to this Dr. Gregory Anderson. It would make sense. Maybe this Morpheus stuff is involved in the experiment. Now we'll definitely have to check it out."
OOC,[b]Kathleen[/b], if you want to play another hand, go ahead and declare that you're shuffling and dealing the cards. I'll tell each of you which cards you've got. Remember that the ante is a quarter if you're playing the next hand.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Caporegime
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Caporegime »

"I'm not into all this drug sh*t" grumbled John. "I never touch that crap, it's no good if you ask me." Tossing another quarter into the centre of the table John downed his drink and started to roll yet another cigarette. "Who's this Anderson guy anyhow? And whats all this talk of experiments?"
Mr Zombie killer
Keeper
Keeper

Kathy shuffled the cards and said, "The game is 5 card draw just as before. Nothing wild. Anti is a quarter." She threw a quarter into the middle.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Everyone else put a quarter in the middle, and Kathleen dealt out the cards.

"Dr. Gregory Anderson is a professor at Penn's School of Medicine," said Maxine. "I don't really know anything about him, other than that he's running the experiment. You know, Brian did say that his father was a big shot. Maybe the guy's his father."
OOC,[b]John[/b], it's your turn first to decide whether to bet anything more or not. [b]Kathleen[/b] will bet last, after the NPCs have gone.
Kathleen Scott,Your cards are: Jack of hearts, 7 of hearts, Jack of clubs, 8 of diamonds, 5 of hearts. This gives you a pair of jacks to start. You have $82.75 in cash. None of the other players seem terribly happy with their cards.
John Hawkes,Your cards are: 2 of hearts, Queen of hearts, Jack of diamonds, 4 of clubs, 7 of spades. You have $13.25 in cash left.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Prologue”