Shadowed Arkham

Spawn of Azathoth is a classic era Call of Cthulhu campaign intended for four to six investigators. A macabre death begins the adventure and by following clues, the player characters find themselves caught up in events of cosmic import which sees them spanning the globe and fighting for their very lives, not to mention their sanity along the way.

Moderator: Cearlan

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Shadowed Arkham

Post by Mr. Handy »

David shivers, and not just from the cold. "I had had my suspicions that that wasn't really Martin," he says, "but what just happened confirms it. Both whatever was impersonating him and the men who killed it want us not to investigate further. They seem to be carrying on their own private little war, and those may not be the only two factions. We still don't know exactly what Whateley's involvement is."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

Shivering in the cold room, Jemima suggests that you all retire to hers as it is the farthest away from this room, therefore more likely to be a whole lot warmer.

You get hot coffee/tea/drinks sent up to the room in an attempt to warm you up quicker. "I still can't get warmed up. What shall we do now then ..." asks Jemima. "I know when I have been warned off, and I don't take kindly to it one bit. That being said, they took us out as easy as we'd put a hot knife through warm butter, and they could quite easily have killed us had that been their intention. So who was it let us live and then warned us off I wonder?" She shivers again and takes another long drink of her coffee.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well, they're not our enemies," says David, "or they'd have killed us, as you say. They aren't exactly our friends either, though they are opposed to those creatures. Both sides in that conflict want us to stay out of it, but I have no intention of giving up. I must find out what really happened to Martin."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

Well, that was an experience I would not want to be involved again.

Joseph says
Clearly, there are evident traces, probably the stench, of a usage of some sort of hallucination substance carried by the man that was acting as Martin and a poisonous gas that made us feint. The waiters were with gas masks, so no alien creatures or hideous monsters over here.
Joseph conclude the event.
But we must investigate further.
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Jemima looks a little concerned. "But what shall we do next. I think we all agree that we all want to proceed, but how? I for one would like to know what Whateley's part in this is, but the trip that Sorrell took, that should yield a richer vein of further information."
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, finding out what Whateley is up to is our only real lead here in Arkham," says David. "He clearly knows more than we do. You're right, I will need to return to Belize in order to learn whatever Martin has discovered - and hopefully avoid meeting the same fate. But Joseph, the gas could not have been hallucinatory, for you saw the same things I did. How could a hallucinogen make us hallucinate the same thing?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Jemima says; "I agree David that Whateley knows more about this, but I don't think we should waste too much time following up a lead that could be a blind alley. I say we give it until we can arrange to travel to British Honduras. Perhaps this contact you have at the University can help get that into motion whilst we finish off here?"
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Yes, I can get that sorted out and arrange an expedition tomorrow," said David. "I'll call Philip Baxter again tonight to get the ball rolling. Then we'd better do something about the mess in my room."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
royya
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 1 month

Post by royya »

I need a day or so to arrange someone to take over the clinic now that Father and Mother are off the country too, who knows when they will come back from Africa.

Joseph replies, excited from the planned trip
"The most merciful thing in the world is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents."
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

That night you all find sleep extremely hard to come by ... in fact what little sleep you do have is plagued by dreams of your friends disguised as strange monsters fighting disturbing battles with creatures that seem remarkably featureless. The following morning you all assemble down in the dining room for breakfast when Sarah Hawkins enters the dining room. "Hello there David Well then, what is happening here that you need my input?"
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Quite a bit has been happening," says David, and he explains to her what has happened since they came to Arkham. "We have need of someone with your particular talents, or rather we need two such people at the same time. Miss Thorndyke is the other. Our plan is to have one of you pay a visit to Mr. Whateley's home in his absence and have a look around, while the other keeps tabs on the gardener. I think it's best if Miss Thorndyke performs the latter task, as she has seen her before."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Sarah nods solemnly. "You may be surprised that I'm here so early, but when Prof Baxter got in touch last night, I packed and got the first bus down here. I guess I can guess what skills you have in mind David." Sarah laughs gaily. "Of course I will do whatever I can, you know that. Can you give me a description of the apartment, to help me get my bearings and all that? Is it ground floor or higher and so forth?"
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

OOC,Do we know that?
OOC:   Reply;- See the posts from around 10th April in this thread. You and Joseph followed Whateley back to his apartment where I posted;-

"You notice that Whateley entered 172 Walnut Street. Looking at the mailboxes you can see that there are three names attached to this house, Harden, Dunlap and Whateley."  
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Spawn of Azathoth”