Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Re: Millet Field [Cearlan, aine, DSIGFUSS]

Post by Tabs »

Arashi said: "It pleases me to meet such kind and noble white gentlemen."
Professor Eichelstein gulps and stutters something unintelligible.

"Yes, first names are in order," says Kolckak, "but I do like 'Admiral'"--smiling--"it reminds me of home, before the Bolsheviks." He replies to Santiago: "It is sad to think that there is no one to weep over the Italian. I agree though: now he is dead we'll move faster. What did Dr. Chee say? 'Honour the living and remember the dead.'"

Admiral Kolchak peers through the screen to outside. "I reckon two or three soldiers got caught by the blast over the bridge; I cannot see any bodies."

He says to Renwick: "We've only got the one grenade. Anyway, we'd kill the miller with a booby-trap!

"Time to go, I think?"

Outside it has stopped raining. The time is midnight.

[ooc: Anyone who walks on to the bridge may roll Spot Hidden.]
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Arashi eyes Henry immediately after his Japanese scum comment. Her look lies somewhere between knife in the dark and emergency testicular surgery. She quickly recovers, however, smiling playfully at Santiago.

Yes! We must move swiftly. The militia will already be coming for us.

Tatsuo waddles behind close to his mother.
spot hidden,- spot hidden roll (dark and moody) 94 : fail
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"Has everyone got a weapon?" He looks at the old woman and decides she doesn't need a weapon; her tongue is sharp enough. Santiago reloads the rifle and then peers out the door. If it looks clear, he'll stay low and scuttle to the end of the bridge to cover the others' exit.
spot hidden,Just had to re-register for D&M for some reason. Old dice method= 79
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tatsuo shakes his head to Santiago's question. The sumo was a weapon in his own sense and did not feel comfortable toting around a rifle with his clumsy fat fingers his mother seems all too eager to remind him of.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

"Would a Katana be of any use to you Tatsuo?" asks Henry innocently. "I appear to have gathered both the Japanese Sergeants as well as Saito's along with this handy bayonet. And what of you madame?" he asks Arashi. Seeing the venom in her eyes, he suddenly realises that the comment he made earlier may have been offensive ... "Dear lady, I do hope that you did not take the comment i made earlier to include yourself? It was aimed at the people who were going out of their way to kill us all, <cough> including yourself. I apologise for any offence caused. Please remember it was said in the heat of the moment."
Spot Hidden roll,Dark and Moody - Tue Apr 23 2013 22:47:59 GMT+0100 61/45 - fail
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Admiral Kolchak clasps "Banzai's" rifle,--with 10 cartridges in his jacket pocket--he puts his other arm round Professor Eichelstein. Kolchak still has the fowling piece, so Renwick can have the rifle if he wants?

Kolchak whispers to Renwick: "I wouldn't apologise to that withered crone, but she is likely to stab you in the back! Maybe it is wise to do so."

Santiago cannot see any trace of the soldiers; he guesses they were blown into the stream . . . ? but it is too dark to see. There is a track in front of him, to his left and right, and on its other side a low dike, beyond that are the paddy fields.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tastuo bows quickly to Henry and takes one of the Katana. He shakes his head shortly so that his mother cannot see when the man offers one to Arashi. He quickly pushes it back into Henry's arms and tends to his mothers kimono.

Arashi pushes his fat son aside and bows low to Henry. Her eyes brighten now and she holds out her hand for the sword.

You are forgiven my dear and how thoughtful of you to consider the safety of this poor old woman. My grandfather was a Samurai and I learned a few of the simpler kata in my youth. I am certain I will put the sword to good use unlike my fat fumbling son.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"It seems clear." Santiago whispers back across the bridge. "We'll make more ground following the track and we can always jump into the dyke next to it if we need to hide. Which way do we go? Left or right? I don't know my way around here."
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Renwick asks, "Tastuo, where were the rest of the party heading before your return? Maybe we could follow them."
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Admiral Kolchak joins Santiago. "Left? the track must meet the train line which runs to Chengchow; right? I do not know, but there must be a village nearby . . ."
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Renwick stands up and says;

"Well then my friends, let us make haste whilst we can - our ..." he steals a look at Arashi and coughs politely "... yes our enemies will not be tardy in the least and will be out to avenge the way we have dealt with them so far. I will assist Admiral Kolchack with his injured leg. Here Admiral, let me get my shoulder under your arm."
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tatsuo looks nervously at the men and points to the tall grass outside the mill.

His mother Arashi slaps his hand down and scowls at her son.

You oaf of a son!

She then looks back to Santiago with friendly sparkling eyes..

They ran into the high grass behind the mill following some dim witted fool commoner. We did not see where they were headed as my fat son got stuck in the mud and were forced to retreat back here.

Arashi bats her eyelashes..

Though, I cannot fault him for this.. We would never have met up with you gentleman if my son were not so fat the wet earth nearly swallowed him whole.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Thank you, Doctor," says Admiral Kolchak.

[ooc: Left or right? Straight on across the paddy fields is likely to end in disaster: it's dark, and you don't have a guide.]
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Madame, you are wise to fear the paddy fields. Who knows where right heads, into the wilds? I vote we go left, make our way to Chenchow and civilisation." Santiago finishes with a wry grimace.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

"If nothing else, going straight ahead will be the harder path to follow ... and therefore the slower. I would have the roads guarded if I were in charge of the - in charge of the Japanese soldiers." Renwick adds after looking at Arashi.

"Either way would be as good as the other in my book, so if you think Chenchow is a better option, then I will have to fall in with your greater knowledge."
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Renwick, Santiago, Tatsuo, Arashi, Kolchak and Eichelstein follow the track to the left.

The clouds part, letting moonlight reflect from the surface of the paddy fields.

Image[/URL]

[ooc: If you wish to roll a skill which you feel maybe useful, do so!]
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Santiago keeps a look out for enemy activity but it is too dark to see much. His feet are sodden and the mud has caked dry to his skin but he is feeling good and pleased to be on the way. He keeps the rifle ready.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Supporting the injured Admiral as best he can in these torrid conditions, Renwick attempts a bit of levity to try and raise the Russian's spirits by saying quietly to him;

"Well Admiral, it appears that our very own Santiago el Aguila has something of an ardent admirer. We may well have to watch out in case he get's taken advantage of in the night don't you think?" His mud caked features crack into a wide grin as he finishes this last sentence.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc,tatsuo listen 42 - pass Spot hidden 76 - fail - http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4040722/
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

aine,Did you stop at a pub with internet connection?
Santiago leads the way along the track.

"The idea makes me shudder!" replies Kolchak to Renwick. "Hush, though, if the crone overhears you she may . . . No! I cannot continue with that train of thought: I feel a little faint as it is.

"Thank you for your support, Doctor--Renwick--Henry, and I'm glad I didn't die inside the mill, Henry. I'm beginning to get angry: a rage I wish to vent on the perpetrator of tonight."

Tatsuo and Arashi follow.
DSIGFUSS,Tatsuo hears a motor gunning, the sound comes from across the paddy fields. Looking towards the sound he sees two lamps together, which flash as if swinging round from him, and then they disappear from view.

Return to “Archive”