Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Re: Millet Field [Cearlan, aine, DSIGFUSS]

Post by Cearlan »

Renwick administers what first aid he may to the Admiral

[dice]0[/dice]

[dice]1[/dice]

As he works on the Russian he adds, "Well Chengchow is out then but I reckon that that is the direction we should head. I believe that the Japanese will be less likely to either come from or go to remote villages seeking us out. I still cannot fathom out why this has happened!" he adds with finality

"Does anyone else need my aid?" he asks
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

Santiago said: "Everyone down! Keep in the shadows.
Kolchak and Eichelstein hunker down at the edge of the track in the moonlight shadow of the embankment.

"No sign, Señor." Eichelstein snaps his fingers. "The miller--he was going to lead the women across the paddy fields to the Catholic Mission; those lights--the head lamps of a truck?--down the track, perhaps they are the same ones which I saw just now?"

[ooc: Eichelstein said previously:
"I saw its head lamps as well. [Across the paddy fields.] The vehicle is heading away from us . . . "
]

"Thank you, Henry, once again," says Kolchak after the doctor re-dresses his wound. "Without your skill I would have expired long ago."
Renwick said: "Does anyone else need my aid?"
Eichelstein tucks his broken arm inside his jacket where the arm is supported. "I am okay, doctor, thank you."
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

"As you wish professor." acknowledges Henry with a curt nod. "Let us hope that the miller has taken the others to the mission. Perhaps we should head for that location as well, if only we knew where it lay."
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

"I wish we could find the mission. Any local would know where it is. In the meantime, how about ambushing that truck? If they are friendly they can give us a lift. If not, then we take over." Santiago looks at the old woman as he formulates a plan.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Arashi forces a smile for Santiago. She had never been to the dentist in all her longs years of being a salty old crone.

Tatsuo nods, happy that Santaigo was reiterating his suggestion to commandeer a vehicle of some description, even if it meant taking it by force.

Hai Sanrtiago! I will help you take that truck.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

During their conversation the truck, parked up beside the water mill, has had its head lamps and engine cut.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

"Oh-ho!" exclaims Renwick aloud. "This looks more promising. Maybe they have gone to investigate something in the mill." trying to sound more hopeful than actually felt.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tatsuo looks to Renwick.

Can we start the truck if they did not leave the keys?
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Why would they remove the keys? Let us hope for the best." Santiago flexes his shoulders. "Henry, you and I should sneak up to the truck and try to take it. Senor Tatsuo, you will follow behind far enough to be silent but close enough to offer us fast support should we be spotted. Admiral, you must lead the others to a place along the track and be ready to jump in the truck should we take it, stay hidden otherwise. Have your weapons ready but be careful who you shoot!" He shrugs, "It is only one idea, anyone else want to add to this plan? Anyone a really good driver? I'm best on a horse."
Tabs,I'm hoping this plan is feasible with the track/mill/paddy fields layout?
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Good luck, Señor, Doctor, and you, too, Mr. Sumo," says Admiral Kolchak. "Myself and the Professor will do as you say."

Professor Eichelstein touches--tentatively--Arashi on the shoulder. "Stay here with us, madam."

[ooc: The truck is about 100 yards down the track. Renwick was given a rifle by Kolchak from one of the deceased Jap soldiers. Make any rolls which you feel are appropriate . . .]
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

With a tight grin to both Santiago and Tatsuo Henry checks his riflr and once he is satisfied that it is ready for action, he nods to indicate he is ready to his two companions. Turning to the Professor and Arashi he states in a matter of fact voice."Madame, you may or may not like or agree with me which is your choice, but believe me when I say that I am trying my best, as is Senor Santiago, the professor and your son. In case we do not make it please accept my apologies for any imagined slight I may have inadvertently caused you, but our situation is perilous and there is little or no room for regret or bitterness, so I bid you farewell in case I do not return. Professor, I hope we get to meet again, and soon. We will flash the headlights two times if it is safe to come forward Agreed?" he asks everyone. With that he curtly nods, his face a blank mask, before he turns and sets off towards the truck, hunkering low to avoid detection, and being careful to avoid the hole he fell into last time he tried this.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Santiago hides a smile as Henry speaks; the old woman looks as unplacatory as an old fossil. He grips Kolchak's arm, nods to the others and says optimistically to Tatsao, "As silent as the grave remember." He checks the rifle is loaded and then, bent low in the shadow, he follows Renwick. He strains to see any movement around the truck before creeping to it.
rolls,Spot hidden (65) Sneak (30) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4090094/]1d100=77, 1d100=34[/url]
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Rolls,Oops forgot the rolls :oops: [dice]1[/dice] sneak 53 /10% - not even close [dice]0[/dice] spot hidden 17 /45% success
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tatsuo waits patiently for the others to get some distance on him before he begins to make his way to the truck.

Before he leaves, his mother hobbles to his side and offers him a few words of encouragement.

Do not get yourself killed Tatsuo.. Move slowly and take care where you are stepping. Remember my son.. you are fat.

Tatsuo nods and disappears into the night crashing though the rice fields like a buffalo through a bamboo mill.

Spot Hidden 55% rolled 100
Sneak 10% rolled 41
Listen 65% rolled 48

Luck 60% rolled 61
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

[ooc: DSIGFUSS, those rolls--impressive!]

Admiral Kolchak winces when the departing Tatsuo follows on behind the Doctor and Santiago. "The clumsy oaf will get the other two shot," hisses he to Professor Eichelstein.

"I'm sure he'd be good in hand-to-hand combat: he's the 'Sea Slug' remember?" whispers Eichelstein in reply, careful that Arashi doesn't overhear.

"WAS; he was the Sea Slug, Otto," says Kolchak; "too much gorging on sushi has turned him into,"--a crunch of millet stubble--"into a deadly liability."

Renwick and Santiago, followed at some distance by Tatsuo, steathily approach the truck; the first two are 25 yards away, Tatsuo is 40 yards away.
Renwick,He sees the silhouette of two figures--one tall, one short--standing beside the truck.
Santiago,He is almost silent as he moves, almost . . .
Tatsuo,All he can hear is his own heavy breathing and clumsy tread.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Santiago is not religious but he breathes a prayer to any gods that may be in the vicinity that his luck may hold tonight. Unfortunately they do not speak Spanish.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Renwick hisses quietly and holds his hand up in front of Santiago before he holds two fingers up and points out the two figures standing by the truck. He turns and makes the same gestures to the labouring Tatsuo who seems to be struggling to keep up already.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Santiago sinks down next to Henry. He tries to see if the figures look like enemy soldiers, with weapons, or if they are more like civilians. With the two by the truck plus at least one inside the mill it would be quite a feat to take them all at once. The only hope would be to tackle the two outside and steal the truck immediately. He signals to Henry and cups his ear with his hand. He tries to pick up any voices that may give a clue to the identity. Santiago is worried that there is little time to act. He points to himself and then ahead in the darkness; then to Henry and then ahead in the darkness but slightly more to the right than before. He begins to creep forward towards the figure on the left.
rolls,Listen (65) Sneak (30) [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4095045/]1d100=39, 1d100=7[/url]
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Santiago creeps forward towards the truck, silent as an owl hunting in the dark. He overhears voices; he edges closer, Chinese is exchanged between the two beside the truck, then a despairing remark--in French.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Henry nods understanding and turns to Tatsuo gesturing with his hand for him to advance slowly himself. "Keep close friend Tatsuo,but more important keep quiet." He raises his finger to his lips to indicate silence. He slowly edges forwards heading towards the figure on the right.

[dice]0[/dice] Sneak 33 / 10 fail

[dice]1[/dice] Listen 46 / 25 fail
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh

Return to “Archive”