Millet Field [Cearlan, aine, DSIGFUSS]

Moderator: Tabs

aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: Millet Field [Cearlan, aine, DSIGFUSS]

Post by aine »

"Watch yourself; that's a nasty looking door knocker Henry!" Santiago follows the others down the shadowy corridor but stays back so Kolchak and the professor enter the room with the glow first. "I don't like the look of this, be on your guard." He whispers to his friend and surreptitiously raises the rifle.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

"Very droll Santiago, them claws could have hurt me, and this face needs all the help it can get." retorts Henry with a smile. The smile quickly disappeared when he sees Santiago raise his rifle and warn him. Sof he instantly mimics him in raising his rifle. "What is it that sets you on edge?"
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

[ooc:
"What is it that sets you on edge?"
--answer--without being overheard--if you wish.]

Pierrepont stands behind a Catholic grandee, who's head is slumped forward upon his breast in sleep, and gently shakes his arm.

Mr. Grey is resting,--his head lying in the crook of his arm upon a table--an ink pot, pen and paper beside his face.

Professor Pavlov is snoring in an armchair.

Li, the barman, has his elbow leaning upon the table, his face propped by his palm. When Kolchak and the others enter the mission's reception room, Li "double-takes," his elbow slips form the table's top, and he jumps to his feet.

"Lìrú quànmiǎn!" Li switches to English, a huge grin splitting his weary face: "May I serve you Gentlemen a drink?"
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Santiago looks, disbelieving, around the room. "Li? You're unharmed? And safe?" He lowers the rifle and catches Kolchak's face. "The women, Senora Kolchak, are they here too?" Then he frowns, "A drink in a place such as this - can you really perform miracles Li?"
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Henry sags with relief, almost dropping to his knees to find his friends here - for friends they had become. "Surely a drink would be most welcome Li, but I have a few things to sort out first. Does anyone here need any medical aid, other than my friend the Admiral?"

Nodding towards Santiago he gestures over to Tatsuo.. When the amiable Sumo wrestler waddles over, Heny takes him to one side and asks "are you lettered or not Tatsuo, can you read?
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Indeed I can!" answers Li, "well, almost. I hope you all like cognac, because that is all that Father Anselm drinks--fine Napoleon brandy!" Li busies himself with glasses for the unexpected guests.

Samuel Grey shakes himself from his torpor. "Well met, you fine fellows,"--glancing between Santiago, Renwick, Kolchak and the rest--"well met!" He continues: " 'The women' are all safe asleep upstairs.

"No medical aid required, Doctor, unless you have a cure for exhaustion." Samuel Grey's expression clouds slightly: "I believe one of the Chinese girls, Dr. Chee's daughter, is--um--'mentally withdrawn' and her feet were cut and bleeding."

Father Anselm stands to shake the newcomers hands. "Welcome! Welcome to Mission Catholique de Notre-Dame, la Madone."

Eichelstein rushes forwards to embrace Professor Pavlov. "I survived: Who'd have thought it?"

"You old goat!" says Pavlov, clearly delighted.

"But of course, Dr. Renwick-san.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Looking at Tatsuo he hands him the papers and says, "Please keep these from view and translate these for me please, friend Tatsuo. But only pass on what they say to either me or Santiago only. We feel that the reason for the whole series of events may lie within these documents."

Renwick signals for Tatsuo to be cautious as Father Anselem approaches Renwick shakes him by the hand and says, "It is a pleasure to be safely within the walls of your Mission. We can hardly thank you enough for the assistance you have offered us."

Mindful of what Samuel Grey has just said, he continues; "Perhaps, if she is awake still, I could look at Dr Chee's daughter's injuries to see if there is anything more I can do for her ... and her <cough> her other condition. But first tell us what you know of Dr Chee.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Seeing Li and the two gentlemen apparently unharmed, Santiago uncocks the rifle and puts it down by the door with a relieved grin. "Cognac it is Li, if the good Father does not mind." He bows to Father Anslem, "Santiago Del Aguila Sir, at your service. Forgive us for being suspicious, we have had a difficult and adventurous night, one that would make good a good story sometime." He pauses as Li is pouring out the brandy, "One for the venerable senora too please, Li." Hiding a mischievous smile, he indicates to Tatsao's mother and then turns back to Father Anselem, "Dr Chee's daughter is here too? Can you throw any light on what has happened?"
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Hai," whispers Tatsuo to Renwick.

"Think nothing of it," says Father Anselm; "to help our fellow man--it is why my work has brought me to China, my raison d'être."

He clicks his fingers. "Pierrepont, see if Mrs. Quan is awake?"

"Yes, Father," says Pierrepont obediently. He raps on another door. "Mrs Quan, it's Father Pierrepont, are you there?"

Li pours out a generous measure of cognac for everyone--including the venerable señora.

Samuel Grey addresses the room: "Yes, Dr. Chee's daughter, and my daughter, Mrs. Kolchak, Li's colleague from the Golden Pumpkin,"--"Mae," interposes Li,--"and the child, Posie.

"The miller led us across the paddy fields to the mission, we've been here for a few hours. To be frank, gentlemen, I never expected to see any of you again!"
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Turning slightly away from the Admiral, Renwick claps the elder man on the shoulder ... "In truth we doubted it as well," dropping his voice lower he continued "and my good friend, the Admiral was taking it harder than he would dare to admit to anyone."
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"We played hide and seek with the Japanese soldiers and it was a very close call on occasions. But they hadn't counted on the prowess of the Doctor here and Tatsao; both fiends in their own way, and the Admiral held the fort at the mill. That's why we are covered in mud; creeping up on the soldiers and taking them down before they caught us." Santiago holds up his glass, "To comrades in arms!"
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

[ooc: Move to topic "Catholic Mission" and look for:
  • #
]

Return to “Archive”