Ozu's Mill

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Ozu's Mill

Post by Tabs »

The rain still falls. No one is wearing an overcoat. It is dark, and everywhere is a quagmire of sodden earth mixed with the spiky stumps of the harvested millet. Admiral Kolchak, hand in hand with his wife, leads the way across the field along a low ditch--a deep furrow. Behind him is Elisabeth with Mingzhu and Posie, closely followed by Samuel Grey. The hulking Tatsuo treads heavily--he is carrying his mother, the tiny Arashi--mud splashes fleck his fat legs. Next, come the others, and, protecting the rear of the column of guests, are Dr. Renwick and Santiago.

After 50 yards:
"UTSU!" The brace of machine guns on the platform begin their furious chatter, the bullets are directed at the locomotive wagon; deadly splinters are torn off and fly all round, especially inside the wagon; sparks flame where stray bullets strike the undercarriage and steel wheels . . .
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: Ozu's Mill

Post by Mr. Handy »

"It's a good thing we didn't stay back there," whispers Elisabeth as she continues following the admiral, certain that they'd all have been killed had they remained. "We'd best go quickly, before they discover we haven't."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Yes, Elisabeth. But where are we going to? Tonight has gone from bad to worse, and its only going to end horribly, I fear," says Mingzhu. Posie stumbles, so Mingzhu moves round so that the girl is between herself and Elisabeth; she holds Posie's arm to keep her steady.

"Th--th--thank you, miss," says Posie, her teeth chattering.

"I said that you'd be one of the lucky ones--and you will be; you can count on it!" Mingzhu's ankle rolls as she steps in a muddy puddle. She says to Elisabeth: "That's my other sandal lost!" She tries to sound cheerful, but she isn't fooling anyone. Her thick mascara is running alongside her nose: Mingzhu looks like a drowning cheetah.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"We're not far from Peking," says Elisabeth, "but they'd expect us to head that way. Maybe we should go in the opposite direction."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Thankful to moving away from the sidings, Santiago el Aguila croaches low and makes his way along the ditch after Renwick. As they approach the mill he speaks low through the rain, "How long do you think we have Dr. Renwick? This rain is making it damned difficult but it could be a blessing - impossible to track through." He speaks in short bursts as he slides ankle deep in mud.
ooc,I'm finding it very slow or impossible to log on and post. I''ll update Santiago's sheet as soon as I can. I'm hoping this post will work this time.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tatsuo puts his mother down and joins the group. He is huffing and puffing, his fat heaving in exhausted rolls.

His mother Arashi turns on Santiago.

Yes we are all ever so grateful that you have led us out into the wet and the cold! So now what then Santiago?!? What will you have of us in this hellish down pour?
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

aine wrote: "How long do you think we have Dr. Renwick? This rain is making it damned difficult but it could be a blessing - impossible to track through."
"I think that we will not have too much time before they see that we are no longer in the wagon, and are thus alive. There was only one way we could have gone and that is out the train at the back ... I would give us a minute ... two at the outside before they start their pursuit. I think the mud will do little but highlight the path we have taken. Tasurio is no fool anyway and will see the mill as our only viable destination." Renwick's breaths come short with the exertion of floundering through the mud.

"But where to go once we get there is what concerns me most. Unless this was all a ruse to drive us away from the sidings and restaurant - so there are no witnesses to the excesses of the Japanese soldiers. Do you think this is possible, surely not?" Renwick is surprised at his own logic.
aine wrote:
ooc,I'm finding it very slow or impossible to log on and post. I''ll update Santiago's sheet as soon as I can. I'm hoping this post will work this time.
OOC,[color=#FF4000]I too have encountered difficulties posting in the last 12 - 18 hours[/color]
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Arashi cackles madly..

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! Yes! The soldiers murdered the lot of them on Chinese soil to hide their love for drinking! Ha Ha Ha Ha! What else could it be? Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!

Tastuo glares at his mother darkly but says nothing.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"At least we didn't see any dogs with them," says Elisabeth. "We'd never be able to elude them if they had dogs. Once we get to the mill, we need to go in a direction they think we'd never take. I'm not familiar with this area, but I can read a map if anyone's got one."
OOC,I wasn't able to get the site to load at all on Tuesday evening. I got an error every time. Even now, it's slow, and the graphics and display format look different.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

I would give us a minute ... two at the outside before they start their pursuit. I think the mud will do little but highlight the path we have taken. Tasurio is no fool anyway and will see the mill as our only viable destination."
"You're right, we cannot afford to stop for a moment." Santiago moves more quickly towards the front of the group, he gives some encouraging smiles and a quick bow to the wizened old woman on the way. He catches up to the admiral with Elizabeth just behind. "Well led my friend, but we cannot stop here. If everyone is fit to continue then we must hurry on. Trouble is, I don't know this area at all so someone else should take the lead. As the young lady says," He smiles handsomely at Elizabeth. "Preferably in a direction the soldiers won't expect. So whatever you do, don't stop walking. If they do find us, Renwick and I will try to lead them away from the group." He grips the admiral's arm and then turns and waits for Renwick to bring up the rear, he joins him. "Doctor Renwick, if you know this area at all you may be better at the front finding a way."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

ooc,I'm also having trouble connecting. It's infuriating! Talk, if you wish, but don't advance any further across the field. I'll try to post by tonight.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Thank you, sir," says Elisabeth as she hurries along, blushing slightly.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"We're not far from Peking," says Elisabeth, "but they'd expect us to head that way. Maybe we should go in the opposite direction."
"I agree," answers Mingzhu. She adds despairingly: "But I don't know of another way. Who can lead us?"

Dr. Renwick said: I would give us a minute ... two at the outside before they start their pursuit.
Professor Eichelstein, his arm supporting an exhausted looking Professor Pavlov, turns to Renwick and says: "Ever the optimist, I can tell. So, we only have a few minutes left?" He speaks into Pavlov's ear: "Life? Huh! Overrated I say."

Pavlov rasps back: "Oh, shut up, you fool!" Weirdly this exchange between the two professors is almost jocular.

Arashi cackles madly..

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! Yes! The soldiers murdered the lot of them on Chinese soil to hide their love for drinking!
Li and Mae are astonished. Li says: "You owe the señor your life. Why so much anger?"

"At least we didn't see any dogs with them," says Elisabeth. "We'd never be able to elude them if they had dogs. Once we get to the mill, we need to go in a direction they think we'd never take. I'm not familiar with this area, but I can read a map if anyone's got one."
"I'm afraid of dogs," says Mingzhu apprehensively.

Santiago said: So whatever you do, don't stop walking.
Admiral Kolchak sweeps his dirty sleeve across his brow, smearing his forehead with mud, and it slides down to his thick eyebrows. "Yes, right you are. Not far to the mill, eh?" He sounds despondent.

The machine gun fire ceases; despite the incessant rain, the night seems deafeningly silent. Almost immediately afterwards, the two searchlights, with their rose coloured beams, begin to scan the millet field. The group have walked about 150 yards from the locomotive.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Then it's good they haven't got any," Elisabeth reassures Mingzhu as they hurry towards the mill. She ducks down beneath the top of the crops. "Everyone stay low so the lights can't spot us."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Keep your heads below ground but keep moving!" Santiago whispers frantically as the light sweeps in their direction, he despairs at the big sumo's back; it rises and falls like a whale in the mud as he crawls along. "Doctor Renwick, if the soldiers give chase, I'm going to high tail it in the opposite direction to the group. It may give them a chance to hide."
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

She ducks down beneath the top of the crops.

[ooc: The millet has been harvested. :P The deep furrow is knee deep. aine, try a Luck roll (PM sent as well).]
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

"Good man Santiago!" Renwick nods fervently "Keep down - there's that damnable searchlight again. While you do that, I shall go in yet another direction. If we see where the group goes first, and get the Admiral to try and cover their trails, then you can follow the road in the opposite direction and I will go straight ahead. If you loop round when you can and meet with me - God willing - about two or three mile or so beyond the mill. If there is a stand of trees or something similar there, then I shall wait for you. We can then catch up with the rest of the party. I shall make plenty of tracks for them to follow and would suggest you do the same. Agreed? We had better inform the Admiral and the group."
OOC,[color=#FF4000]Can anything be seen beyond the mill such as tree lines or anything like that?[/color]
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

[ooc: No, you cannot see much at all, in fact, very little beyond those next to you; no one can see the mill either, only Santiago has seen it--during his reconnaissance of the mill at the end of the Introduction. Everyone roll Listen as well (Liz 65%, Renwick 25%, Santiago 55% and Tatsuo 75%).]
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

OOC,- Listen Roll - 96 Link: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3931747/
Tatsuo hears nothing as his thoughts are focused solely on his Mother's worsening mood.

Arashi scowls at Li and Mae.

I owe him nothing! And don't think I haven't noticed you eying up my Tatsuo like a piece of ginger beef. Mingzhu's whore of a sister got what she deserved for defiling my son. Just see that you do not suffer the same fate little hens.

Tatsuo moves to collect his mother but recoils when Arashi glares at him.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elisabeth doesn't hear anything either as she continues towards the mill, low to the ground.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Archive”