West Passenger Station

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

West Passenger Station

Post by Tabs »

The evening temperature is rapidly falling as the sun disappears below the horizon; lovely saffron sunbeams shoot upwards from the West; overhead, faint stars begin to appear.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: West Passenger Station

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Walking outside, Byron replies to the question of lordship. "Might I be a count of courts? No, I´m afraid not. Do I consider me the count of architecture and adventure. You can take it to the bank! I´m a member of The Sepuchre Order, The Royal Archaeological Institute and The Royal Geographical institute." He waves his free arm to take in the world in a gesture. "I´ve found the true location of both Atlantis and Ophir. I´ve sat on the throne of Alexander the great." He leads Itka to a bench and adds. "To answer your query, in a way I´m a count but not in the real sense. But in our day and age a title is a winning concept, true or false. I live the part. The admiral wouldn´t mind my stealing you away from the restaurant?" He gets his pipe out and knocks it on the mahogany leg of the bench. "Now let´s slip away, for real."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Ha! And where did you find Atlantis and Ophir and Alexander's throne?--I can guess. So you weren't lying about seeking a Lotus Cult; you know what, Count de Prorok, I'd like to go to these places too, can you take me there?"
The admiral wouldn´t mind my stealing you away from the restaurant?"
Itka Kolchak simply stares over the train tracks at the millet field beyond.

She takes a packet from her handbag and hands it over to Byron. "This tobacco is a blend of the finest Chinese plants, and have an aromatic hint of ginger." Itka adds: "Of course, I've mixed cannabis in there too."
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

"No, I did find those locales." He fakes indignation and takes the proffered package and starts to handle the mixture affectionately. "A truly magnificent aroma." He prepares the pipe meticulously. Then lights it with a long match, handing the ember and fume to Itka Kolchak. "Mrs Kolchak..."
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Itka Kolchak accepts the pipe, giving a little laugh that sounds nervous. "I feel like a virgin, who is in bed with an experienced lover." She draws on the pipe and holds the smoke as long as possible, before emitting a stream of it in a satisfying mix of smoke and vapour--from her breath, and ending with a delicate cough. Blinking her eyes, she hands the pipe to Byron.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

He takes the pipe and huddles the pipe, restraining air from coming to the tobacco. Then he draws on the pipe. Letting the tobacco get revivified again as he looses his grip. He leans his head backwards and exhales a thin streak of smoke towards the ceiling of the platform pillars.

"A splendid blend, Mrs Kolchak." He extends his arm to embrace the back of the bench. He proffers her another blow.
"I´m indeed looking for a den, that´s for sure. But I´m afraid it´s not for highborn women as yourself, Itka. I hear they sell more than opium for pleasure at those houses." He looks up and down the station. "I will, however, make sure I get to repay your offered blend with a white lotus blend. When my journey has come full circle." He composes himself and leans forward, his elbows on his knees, hands clasped. "As it turns out, my plan is to write about this journey. It will regard the wrongdoings of the men who gain off of the poor who grow the opium. Would you mind being in the story?"
He turns at her, head slightly bent.
TVblog

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Itka Kolchak receives the pipe again. "You are right, of course, I cannot come with you to an opium den. Oh, how I wish I was a man!" She sighs . . . and draws on the pipe. "Young women?--ha! Happy hunting, Count de Prorok, I wish you luck."
"I will, however, make sure I get to repay your offered blend with a white lotus blend. When my journey has come full circle."
"Yes, thank you, I shall be expecting you," laughs Itka.

"And, I would love to be in your story." She is becoming very mellow and carefree.

"Look, isn't it enchanting?" Itka points over a parked train--in its railroad siding, across the millet field to a water mill.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Byron taps out the pipe on the side of the bench and walks over to Itka. "Sure, tranquil as a memory of days gone by. Frozen in time." He puts the pipe in his vest pocket and lends an elbow to Mrs Kolchak. "Back inside, my lady?"
TVblog

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Lovely," says Itka, in response to Byron's words. She links her arm round his proffered elbow. "Yes, back inside."

[ooc: Syrinx, move to topic "The Golden Pumpkin: Bar" where Byron will be introduced to Admiral Kolchak and others. Look for * in the topic.]
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

• @

Outside it is dark and chill, however, the guests are not allowed to don overcoats, they are herded by the Japanese soldiers across the tracks towards a parked locomotive--engine and cars--in a siding.

Officer Toshiro and Mad Dog, who are stood on the platform several yards away from the locomotive, are presented with a camera and book by the "Toothy" man.

"Hey! that's my camera," says the photographer. Image

The gravel between the tracks crunches and is kicked, and a bedraggled Mingzhu joins the guests. She finds Elisabeth and throws her arms about Elisabeth's neck, all the while making loud, convulsive gasps.

Orders are issued to the soldiers, the platform becomes a hive of activity.

[ooc: Here is a list of the "guests" beside the locomotive:
Samuel Grey
Elisabeth Grey
Posie Franklyn
Mingzhu
Dr. Henry Renwick
Santiago el Águila
Admiral Kolchak
Mrs. Itka Kolchak
Mr. Franklyn
Mrs. Franklyn
Count Byron de Prorok
Mrs. Alice de Prorok
Jos, the photographer
Tatsuo Akiyama
Arashi Akiyama
Prof. Ivan Pavlov
Prof. Otto Eichelstein
Violet Montgomery
Mario Giovanni
and . . .]

Image Image
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tatsuo takes a few steps away from the crowd and stands as inconspicuously as a fat man could. He rocks back and forth on the pads of his feet like a bored child, his eyes rarely leaving the train cars. His mother Arashi stares devilishly towards Posie for a short time before approaching Mingzhu with an accusing sort of body language.

Tell me Mingzhu, We all know Dr Chee was a drug addict. He told us so himself. Is that what this is about? Did Dr Chee owe this man with the gun some money for some powder of some sort? Tell me Mingzhu... Tell me now!!

Arashi finds herself reaching for Mingzhu's arm to shake her. Her usual interrogation technique... But she pulls back and simply glares with her uncaring dark eyes.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elisabeth hugs Mingzhu, turning to shield her from Arashi. "Oh, Mingzhu, thank God you're alive!" she says. "When they dragged you away, I feared I'd never see you again. Did they hurt you?"

Samuel Grey makes his way to his daughter's side. "Elisabeth, my dear, are you all right?" he says, his face lined with worry.

"I'm fine, Father. And you?"

Samuel nods. "They have no right to treat us this way! I shall lodge a formal complaint with the embassy!"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

The pressure is building up inside Renwick and is close to the surface despite his seemilngy calm demeanour.

He starts grumbling to himself about the preposterous behaviour of the Japanese soldiers. As the overly large Japanese man steps back from the sword wielding officer, Renwick swallows hard and takes half a step backwards in spite of himself.

"Steady on there chaps ... whatever is going on here there is no need for this barbarity. We are after all civilised people here are we not?" This last question was spoken with an arched eyebrow in such a manner that indicates that Renwick does not really view the actions of the Imperial Japanese troops as worthy of such lofty status as being civilised.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Santiago el Aguila stands on the siding with his new friends. He looks around the large crowd of guests; some portions larger than others as he watches the antics of the Japanese man. "Have either of you seen my friend the monk?" He asks Dr. Renwick and Admiral Kolchak in a low voice. "Am I right in thinking they want us to board this pile of scrap?" He looks with distaste at the dirty train.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Arashi fumes with fury at Elizabeth's interruption.

She lunges past Elizabeth's backside and grabs Mingzhu by her dress and shakes her like a bottle of settled soya sauce.

Tell us what us happening here Mingzhu!! You must know something! I will shake the answers from your soul to your grave woman!! Tell us!!!
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Elisabeth rounds on Arashi, standing tall. "You leave her alone, you horrid old witch!" she shouts.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Admiral Kolchak says to Dr. Renwick: "What you said about Chunhua, you are right, of course, no one deserves to be murdered.

"Imperial Japanese troops are not civilised, by our standards, a different culture; we all need to be vigilant and careful."

He replies to Santiago: "Let's hope your monk has disappeared, out of harms way."

Prof. Eichelstein scrambles into the train wagon. "Oh, my suit!" he says, brushing at his trouser leg. He helps Prof. Pavlov as well, "Come on up, you old man." Eichelstein calls down to Santiago: "There are some sacks inside, I'll lay them down, so the ladies don't get too filthy. Give them a hand, please."

"Yes--out of this rain--wet and cold!" His English is fine, but not perfect. He stands beside the wagon entrance and helps his companion.

Mrs. Kolchak joins Elisabeth. Placing a protective arm round Mingzhu, she says to Arashi: "Khristos! You are truly horrible. Haven't you sense enough to keep quiet?"
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

Renwick nods agreement with the Admiral as he goes to scramble up and assist with either the ladies and older people being helped aboard or the placement of the sacks as seems more appropriate.

"Alright gents, should I help with the Ladies or the sacks?" As he finishes saying this he is already heading towards Prof. Eichelstein to help hm with the threadbare sacks as Santiago and Prof. Pavlov seem to be coping with getting the fairer sex aboard quite well.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

Santiago helps aboard any ladies that require assistance and then makes his way to the officer. He bows, "Sir, may I have the honour of your acquaintance? We have not met before I think. may I ah, humbly inquire as to our destination?"
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Samuel Grey stands on his daughter's other side and speaks sternly to Arashi. "Your behaviour does not reflect well on the Empire of Japan, madame," he says. "If you do not cease and desist at once, I shall include it in my report to the embassy."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death

Return to “Archive”