Millet Field [Cearlan, aine, DSIGFUSS]

Moderator: Tabs

aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 9 months

Re: Millet Field

Post by aine »

"Be careful of this one on the battlefield (nodding towards Renwick) he is as cunning as a cougar, as the unfortunate officer found out!" Santiago looks at Kolchak's leg, "What happened Admiral? I'm afraid I have no flask either but we have something else to inspire you - the officer's papers! We'll get you out of here and catch up with the ladies, find someone to translate them." He looks at the Italian. "I reckon I can carry this man if you can hobble?"
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 5 months

Post by Tabs »

As for the repute the we carry . . .
"I expected Santiago to be a fighting man," says Kolchak, "but not you, Doctor. Again: Bravo. 'As cunning as a cougar' you say, señor, well, well!

"I was afraid for the honour of the ladies and that my crippled condition would slow their escape, which is why I sent them ahead. Anyhow, the barman, Li, and Mr. Grey are capable fellows."

[ooc: There is an old hawthorn walking stick which could be used for a splint.]
"Professor," Renwick nods towards the aged face in the trapdoor. "Any signs of our pursuers . . .
"I'll go and look," replies Eichelstein.

Santiago works on Kolchak's leg, he stems the blood flow that is still oozing from a bullet wound. Kolchak grits his teeth. "Oh, for that bottle of Green Spot!

"When we parted company on the field, after you had extinguished the searchlights, there was a volley of shots and I caught one in my thigh. I hoped no one else was hit, but when I got to the water mill some of the guests were missing . . .

"'Papers'?--perhaps we can find out what all this is about? Yes, that does inspire me to get away, I really don't want to die in this filthy hovel; I'll hop if I have to!"

Professor Eichelstein's head pops back through the trapdoor. "Soldiers are coming--I saw their flashlights--at the rear of the mill."

"Outflanked," moans Admiral Kolchak.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 3 months

Post by Cearlan »

Renwick looked thoughtful; "If they are behind the mill, could we not make a move down the road then? Or what about the stream? I pray the ladies, especially the little one, precocious as she is, managed to get safely away. The fact that we have options ahead of us is good - yes? I believe they may well have the road covered as well, but hopefully they will be concentrating on the fields as we indicated. Professor." Renwick calls up to the loft; "I would not have you left behind unless we have absolutely no choice, and like I said, we have at least two choices that I can think of. A more military based mind may be able to conjure more than I can." Renwick finishes with a flourish turning towards the Russian Admiral.

"Come Admiral, there must be something to spur you on - think of all the men lost during the war between your own Russia and Japan. What was that twenty years ago nearly, so you would not have been an Admiral then, but you would have been part of this conflict I am sure. Sorry to put you on the spot like this my friend, but time is of the essence." Psychology roll on Admiral Kolchack (1d100=67) - oops fail - 67/45
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"It has been a good while since the women escaped," says Kolchak; "and, I have no desire to remain here! So, let us, all of us, get going." He seems revitalised. "If Santiago carries the Italian, like he suggested, and you, Doctor, lend me your shoulder to lean upon, and you, Otto," calls Kolchak to the Professor, "come down; now, which route do we take?"
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Damn, we're out of time. Is anyone else able to carry the Italian? I'd like to have the rifle handy, at least until we are away from the soldiers then I can help with the load. If this is the only exit we'd best leave immediately and follow the side of the mill away from the soldiers; hopefully we can skirt around them and head after the women. I have some extra ammo, does it fit your rifle Admiral?"
ooc,If no one else can carry the italian, Santiago will do so. If he has the option he will lead the way with the rifle fully loaded.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

"Agreed, then I suppose I'll have to carry him then Santiago, sorry Admiral, looks like my supporting shoulder is spoken for." Renwick smiles wryly "Do you think you will be ably to manage by yourself?"
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Of course," answers Kolchak. "Otto, your shoulder." He hobbles over to the Professor.

Outside, and racing towards the back door of the water mill is a thundering tread, the squelch of displaced mud, and blowing and panting like a human steam train.
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Thank you Doctor. Okay let's..." Santiago whips round at the sound of something like a hippo outside the backdoor. "Is there any other way out of here?" He asks frantically and raises the rifle to aim it at the back door.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Renwick flattens himself against the wall where the door lies so that he can attack from the rear if needed, probably going for the back of the knee so the onrushing intruder would be at a disadvantage, also ensuring he is out of the line of fire should Santiago need to make use of his weapon.

"I'll get whoever this is behind the knee if needed which will make it easier for us all to deal with if he is prone."
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

I have some extra ammo, does it fit your rifle Admiral?"
Admiral Kolchak holds up the fowling piece--it is an ancient single barrel shotgun--for Santiago's inspection. "I have another five cartridges, beside the one inside of it." Santiago's "Type 99" rifle is a breach loaded--it can hold 5 cartridges, bolt action weapon that fires a different cartridge; he's fired 2 of 5 and Renwick found a further 12.

~

"Hippo" is a very apt description. Crashing through the screen door--

and he is carrying--Image
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

As the 'hippo' bursts through the door, Renwick takes careful aim at behind the sumo wrestler's knee. Blow to back of Tatsuo's knee. (1d100=64) - Miss 64 / 25 Fortunately he recognises the back of the wrestler and manages to 'miss' his shot. Spinning quickly he slams the door shut behind him.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

Santiago pulls up the rifle to avoid shooting the big Japanese man. "They'll have heard that all right!" He exclaims.
ooc,I rolled if necessary: [url=http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4016465/]1d100=92[/url]. How many rounds did Renwick take from the soldier in the mud?
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tatsuo stops like a deer caught in the headlights. He drops his mother on the hard wood floor and poohs himself just a little. His hands swing up in surrender, the fat of his arms coming to rest no less than seven seconds later.

It is Tatsuo-san! Do not kill me cuz I am Japanese. The soldiers are right behind me!!

Tatsuo's mother Arashi hits the floor hard and groans. She is far too dazed for her usual coarse commentary but anyone who had spent any time with her on the train know that it is soon coming.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

[ooc: Renwick found 12 cartridges to add to the 3 inside the rifle.]

As Tatsuo clenches his flabby buttocks something rolls in between his ankles--

A banshee cheer from outside behind Tatsuo, as well as from the front of the water mill:

"BANZAI!"

[ooc: I want to know where everyone is and what they are doing. I'll post a map of the water mill (probably tomorrow).]
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

[ooc: Any questions, just ask!]
aine
Disciple
Disciple

Post by aine »

"Grenade!" Santiago shouts, he dives between the sumo's legs for the rolling object (the grenade), grabs it and attempts to throw it back out the door towards the soldiers he assumes threw it.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

As I said I was standing against the wall beside the door that Tatsuo came through, I'll remain there - rooted to the spot.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Tatsuo's eyes dart to his mother lying on the floor and widen with horror at the prospect of her exploding into a thousand evil pieces. He crouches in his best sumo stance and reaches for the grenade attempting to hurl it between his legs and back out the door from which he came.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Renwick: quickly he slams the door shut behind him.

[ooc: It's a screen door which Renwick slammed--slid shut--but the door doesn't have any glass, so the grenade was pushed through in between its wooden bars.]

"Here they come!" warns Kolchak. He swivels upon his good leg and fires back through the internal door of the water mill. The ancient fowling piece flashes "BOOM" and immediately obscures the Admiral in a cloud of black powder.

Santiago deftly picks up the grenade from beneath the clutching hands of Tatsuo and lobs it outside, instantaneously an explosion rips the night with fire and death; the price of Santiago's bravery is a bullet wound [courtesy of Mad Dog] to the shoulder.

"CLANG" Professor Eichelstein's rusty cutlass crosses with a modern steel blade; the cutlass shatters and Eichelstein collapses clutching his arm. Sergeant Takahashi, sword raised, sprints into the room,--like Jesse Owens on cocaine--unleashing his spite on Doctor Renwick.

"Banzai!" cries a soldier who leaps into the room, and rushes--with bow legs--at Tatsuo. This one is armed with a rifle tipped by a wicked bayonet.

[ooc: Santiago's wound causes a 4 h.p. loss. Okay, I'll rule that Round 1 is finished, now: Round 2. My rulebook says that during a melee if you wish to Parry, state you are going to try at the beginning of the Round. Santiago and Renwick can act first this Round, Tatsuo can act after his attacker.]

DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper

Post by DSIGFUSS »

ooc - I have never had a character with Martial Arts before. Can anyone quickly explain how it works for me? DO I just use my martial arts for attacking or is it a replacement for defense as well. Either way, If Tatsuo can use it to parry the bayonet, he will. If not, then he will try to sidestep the man (dodge) and if possible strike him with a viscous sumo slap!

Arashi stares up at the man who saved her from the grenades wicked explosion and smiles. As the soldier rushes in, the old woman pulls herself to her feet and takes cover behind the mill stone.
Last edited by DSIGFUSS on Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Archive”