Act One, Scene One - Arrival In Luxor.

In 1924, a team of visiting archeologists unearthed the last remaining testament of an ancient mystery...

Moderator: Aliktren

Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Re: Act One, Scene One - Arrival In Luxor.

Post by Cearlan »

"I don't know what you found in the rooms you searched, Michael, but from the brief description I got, it sounded pretty grisly." Terry turns towards Aswald and continues, his face betraying the fact that he is starting to lose patience with the constant sniping of the Egyptian. "That makes Rawson, despite his being pompous and arrogant beyond belief; one of us. Now we Americans don't like to leave anyone behind unless it is unavoidable, and I'd rather have someone on my side as opposed to on the other side just because we didn't try to get him out at least. So you can either help us or hinder us Aswald - I for one am going to try and get him out if I can!"
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

Isopel hears the talk--the anti-British sentiment--and decides it best to keep quiet.
Garrett
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 10 months

Post by Garrett »

"I fall more under the ideology that if you fall behind, your left behind, especially if you fell behind because of your own stupidity. But seeing as I can't get another train back home at least tell until morning and I might still be able to sponge some money out of Rawson for my trouble, I guess I'll tag along for now." Aswald replies, slightly amused by his comrades passionate response.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Mr. Rawson may be British, but I'll not hold that against him," says Michael. "I know the man, and there's a lot more to him than his nationality. I wouldn't leave a friend behind, and that applies to all of you." He grins at Isopel. "I won't hold your nationality against you either, Isopel. When I look at you, I see a pretty lady, not an Englishwoman." He clears his throat. "Mr. Rawson and I found two bodies in the study. They'd both been poisoned, cyanide by the smell of it. The mantlepiece was gruesome too, but it did spell out a clue: 'Awaken Old Ones. Flooding Nile.' And then there's this journal we found in a stuck drawer right before I left." He shows it to the others.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

He grins at Isopel. "I won't hold your nationality against you either, Isopel. When I look at you, I see a pretty lady, not an Englishwoman." He clears his throat
She studies the cracks in the pavement.

"So much death! Were those poor people murdered or was it suicide?" She adds: "Bollacher hanged himself . . .

"As I said before, 'an obsession with watery things,' but I suppose this is Egypt: floods, etc. When we get a chance, I'd be most interested to read that journal, please, Michael."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Of course, Isopel," says Michael, handing over the journal. "I'd bet the two who were poisoned didn't take it knowingly. Bollancher had a bloody knife in his pocket, so it looks like he topped the others before himself. The journal mentions a keystone that Bollancher found in a crypt. Did anyone come across something like that?"
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Isopel delves, again, into the capacious pocket of her army greatcoat, and produces the stone she picked up near to Bollancher. "Did you mean this?" She rubs her shoulder: the weight of the stone she has carried has made it ache.

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"Well done!" says Michael, smiling from ear to ear. "That's shaped like a keystone, all right. You want me to carry that for you? That thing looks heavy."
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Yes, please," says Isopel.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

"Well said Michael, a friend should never be seen as less than that. As for nationalities - I could care less what he is, it is the man himself and his attitude I was commenting on." Terry says looking slightly abashed that he had come over wrong. "I wanted to get the point that we were going for him come what may ... never mind!" Thrusting his hands deep in his pockets Terry goes off towards the general area of the British Consulate.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

"My pleasure," says Michael. He takes the keystone and puts it inside his own coat. He finds it heavy too, but he can manage with it. He follows the others towards the consulate.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Aliktren
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Aliktren »

The rain has paused, at least for the time being, though thunder still rumbles heavily in the distance.

Rawson, seated between two burly, silent policeman can do little but watch the dimly lit city flit by. His companions trudge in the direction of the consulate, and dawn shows a slim bright crease on the horizon, with the promise of a new day.

Return to “Death in Luxor”