Pre Game Startup Chat

In 1924, a team of visiting archeologists unearthed the last remaining testament of an ancient mystery...

Moderator: Aliktren

Aliktren
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Pre Game Startup Chat

Post by Aliktren »

We can use this thread to get us going with OOC questions, answers, background info, introductions, etc, etc.

I dont have anything meaningful to add just yet :mrgreen:
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: Pre Game Startup Chat

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Am I right to assume this will be a slight pulp-oriented game?
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Aliktren
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Aliktren »

yes, thats correct, the cover art says it all ....

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

I played D. in Luxor a couple of years ago, here at Play@YSDC. My character was named Isopel Gelert, a slightly dippy, perhaps very innocent, young woman. The game didn't progress too far; I'd like to have another go.
Aliktren
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Aliktren »

awesome, so we are now short one :), huzzah
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Hopefully you'll get a few more players by the end of this weekend. :)

Edit: actually, I just visited "...I'm Thinking of Running a Game," and see that interest is there already!
Aliktren
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Aliktren »

So my counting sucks as usual ....

we have :

Tabs
Garrett
Cearlan
Mr Handy
Syrinx

So we have a quorum, thanks very much

So we need to move to character generation, if anyone has any advice happy to hear it, otherwise you just need to either decide a concept and roll him/her up or take a pregen.

Obviously with Xmas fast zooming up shall we aim to have the characters done this week, and start in earnest in the early new year ??

Anything anyone needs in the way of background or info post it up here....
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

I´m aiming to play a number crunching financier of a financial institute eager for adventure, but without the boots to go with it.
"This will be exciting!"
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Aliktren
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Aliktren »

ok, just cross posting this as it will help ...

it is recommended that the team, as a whole,have the following selection of skills:
Archeology, Architecture, Bargain, Cthulhu Mythos,Fast Talk, Locksmith, Medicine, Occult, Persuade, Sneak,and Spot Hidden.

you should also try and ensure you are in some way connected either to the Chicago House of the 1920s in Luxor (a real location... ) , Egyptology generally or you know one Professor Bollacher, famous Egyptologist of the era based at Chicago House. This will merely allow us to hit the ground with minimal preamble, not trying to railroad anyone.

if you want to roleplay the creation of the party, thats absolutely fine but not a requirement, I will post up the first two player handouts as well, as I think that will also help

the adventure will formally begin with you on a train pulling into Luxor
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Herbert Rawson is capable in Bargain, Accounting, Fast Talk and Occult. Just saying.
TVblog

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

I'm gonna port Isopel straight from the old game of D.in L. She's good at Geology and First Aid and Listen; the first two skills are similar [ish] to Archaeology and Medicine . . . Anything and everything is open to change to suit the others.
Aliktren
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Aliktren »

still waiting for character sheet from Garret I think
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

I see Garrett has not been online since Monday. I don't know him, and it is Christmas, so . . .

Got any more Historical photographs? I like 'em a lot.
Aliktren
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Aliktren »

hehe, I'll take a look, all Christmas at the folks so should have quite a bit of time after resolving my dads latest obligatory computer crisis :D
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Aerial photo of Karnak Temple.

Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Try sending Garrett a PM, he has been on the boards the last couple of days.
Cheers!
TVblog

Aliktren
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Aliktren »

yeah done

have you guys worked out your narrative for why you are all together or do you want to play that out at the start of the scenario via RP - your choice.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Rawson sits in one of the private cabins of the first class car, on the train soon to enter Luxor. He has prepared six pamphlets describing the financial gain of helping Bollancher with the dig at the new site. Six wine glasses rattle by a stand with two bottles of red wine as the train rocks slightly.

He hopes at least some of the twenty parties that had been offered to buy bonds in Rawson Co unlimited decide to show up.

With all things involving financial transactions, he surely needed some protection. The Irish gun for hire had been his first pick. Then he needed a face to represent his company. Isopel Gelert had been around drawing maps for Bollancher. She might be interested....

Among the rest of the people he had contacted, he needed a merchant. There were a bunch to choose from. Hopefully someone had the funds to join him.

Last edited by Dave Syrinx on Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Writing full sentences ...
TVblog

Aliktren
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Aliktren »

awesome, thanks :P
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Isopel Gelert looks round at the furnishings of the first class car. She is used to luxury, but since her impetuous move to Cairo, Isopel has been financially "down at heel," so to speak--although her dress is made of the finest satin and her jewellery is expensive. She leafs through the bonds; and decides.

"Mr. Rawson, I'd be delighted to represent your company."

Return to “Death in Luxor”