ooc

"Most journeys begin less abruptly than they end, and to fix the true beginning of this one in either time or space is a task which I do not care to undertake."

-Goodbye. Goodbye and good luck.

-Au revoir, mes amis.

The train track turns and runs through low hills, the locomotive disappears, all that can be seen are puffs of steam; aboard it are Peter Fleming, Special Correspondent to The Times, and Ella Maillart, Swiss adventuress, they are at the beginning of a secretive--to the Chinese authorities, anyway--travel adventure. Their goal is British India.

Moderator: Tabs

Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

ooc

Post by Tabs »

Thanks, Syrinx. I like the intro. as well.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Re: ooc

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Let the rat race begin. The wheel is spinning!
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

The first ic topic is "Dr. Chee's Meet and Greet." For this scene the characters are waiting in line to enter the station restaurant; therefore, post one at a time, observing the following sequence: Dr. Chee greets, one character replies, Dr. Chee replies, and so on. [Slow, I know, but trust me, it's necessary.] Also, characters do not know each other, except, maybe, by sight. Decide if you are accompanied by a partner, friend or colleague, and include them as you see fit. Altogether, there are about twenty well wishers on the station platform. Confused? All should become clear after you read "Dr. Chee's Meet and Greet."

You do not have to include your photograph in each of your posts, however, occasional use of your photograph will help all of us remember who is who.

If you want to make a skill check, for example: Fatman Sumo San wishes to Fast Talk a waitress into fetching another bowl of chicken wings, he can roll against, say, 45%--so in the game proper, Fatman Sumo San's Fast Talk is 45%. Any HP or Sanity loss will be dealt with at the end of the prologue--the prologue will include a few ic topics.
DSIGFUSS
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 5 months

Post by DSIGFUSS »

Sweet~! We're up and running eh? OK I'll meet and greet right away.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Arashi Akiyama--superb photograph!
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

The Golden Pumpkin restaurant is now open.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Hi, I'm taking a few days out from the game, be back on the weekend. Everyone has created some truly interesting characters, which in turn inspire me to create added atmosphere with the NPCs.

My wife read our posts the other day, and commented that "you can barely tell there's different people writing the story"--which I think is a compliment to us all.

Prologue is nearly over.
aine
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by aine »

The tides of Yule are rising so my posts may be rather patchy for the next week; but hopefully not.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Same here. I've got a lot going on and I want to take my time to enjoy the game.
Dave Syrinx
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 16 years 7 months

Post by Dave Syrinx »

Alas ladies and gentlemen. deProrok is not getting on the train for the rest of the ride,
The ticket has expired.

Sorry about the bad behavior.

All the best!
/Dave
TVblog
The soul trembles before emptiness and desires contact at any price. Doctor Glass

"It is invigorating, being asked personal questions." "Makes one feel desired." Luv (BR2049)
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Post by Mr. Handy »

There isn't a thread for character creation. Should we post our characters here?

I've made my rolls: Character creation rolls (STR, CON, POW, DEX, APP, SIZ, INT, EDU) (3d6=10, 3d6=5, 3d6=9, 3d6=13, 3d6=8, 2d6+6=17, 2d6+6=11, 3d6+3=15)

Are we free to rearrange our stats? I'd like to exchange the various stats rolled on 3d6, and to swap SIZ with INT.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

"Characters" topic now posted. Yes, feel free to rearrange your stats. Also, add an extra 20% to skills as an end of chapter bonus.

I was thinking of not bothering with SAN checks; is everyone happy about that?
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

That's okay with me if you want to play it like that. I know my POW is going to be on the low side anyway. But I don't mind going crazy, either.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

I have tried 5 times to use invisible castle's stat rolling facility, but must be doing something wrong as it keeps coming up as an error would you accept these rolls (done manually - as rolled)
3d6 x 5;- 13; 16; 11; 9; 12
2d6+6 x 2;- 16; 13
3d6+3; 18

If I could rearrange them it might look similar to this
Str;- 3d6;- 13
Con;- 3d6;- 12
Siz;- 2d6+6;- 13
Dex;- 3d6;- 16
App;- 3d6;- 9
Int;- 2d6+6;- 16
Pow;- 3d6;- 11
Edu;- 3d6+3;- 18
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Mr. Handy wrote:That's okay with me if you want to play it like that. I know my POW is going to be on the low side anyway. But I don't mind going crazy, either.
Sorry, to clarify, I meant no SAN checks for the Introduction. Lizzie's POW is low . . .--I don't want her going crazy too soon. :)

Her Skills compliment her well.
Envoy Extraordinary
--I love these words/job/title, so evocotive.
Str;- 3d6;- 13
Con;- 3d6;- 12
Siz;- 2d6+6;- 13
Dex;- 3d6;- 16
App;- 3d6;- 9
Int;- 2d6+6;- 16
Pow;- 3d6;- 11
Edu;- 3d6+3;- 18
Yes, I'll accept these rolls.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tabs wrote:
Mr. Handy wrote:That's okay with me if you want to play it like that. I know my POW is going to be on the low side anyway. But I don't mind going crazy, either.
Sorry, to clarify, I meant no SAN checks for the Introduction. Lizzie's POW is low . . .--I don't want her going crazy too soon. :)
Oh, okay. That makes more sense.
Tabs wrote:Her Skills compliment her well.
Thanks! I chose them with her style in mind, and luckily I had a lot of skill points.
Tabs wrote:
Envoy Extraordinary
--I love these words/job/title, so evocotive.
The British originally used that title in the 1790s, only changing the name to Ambassador in June 1935. Cadogan held that post during the name change, and he's a very interesting historical figure. He had a prominent role in the years before, during, and after World War Two. Since he's an ardent opponent of appeasement and an early supporter of Churchill, Elisabeth would definitely admire him.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

OOC?,Due to his involvement in the great war I put 10% each into handgun and rifle, as I felt this would reflect his training and experiences in the conflict. If you disagree I can reallocate it elsewhere. Points taken from occupation skills. ;)
I agree; in fact, considering his army experience, I'd increase these % by robbing from elsewhere--but that is down to you.

A Geordie who killed his own brother--no wonder Dr. Renwick was banished. :)
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

Tabs wrote: I agree; in fact, considering his army experience, I'd increase these % by robbing from elsewhere--but that is down to you.
Good shout ... I reckon that a qualified Doctor would be trained more in handgun than rifle so I'll increase that a bit.
Tabs wrote: A Geordie who killed his own brother--no wonder Dr. Renwick was banished. :)
Got to do something with them thar varmits :roll:
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

aine wrote: Background: Born Madrid 1896 . . .
Santiago's story would make a good adventure book.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Thanks Mr. Handy for setting up the Archive.

Don't forget that your characters gain +20% Skill bonus as an end of Introduction bonus.

Tomorrow I'll start "Ozu's Mill" topic.

Return to “Forbidden Journey: An Adventure in China”