ooc

"Most journeys begin less abruptly than they end, and to fix the true beginning of this one in either time or space is a task which I do not care to undertake."

-Goodbye. Goodbye and good luck.

-Au revoir, mes amis.

The train track turns and runs through low hills, the locomotive disappears, all that can be seen are puffs of steam; aboard it are Peter Fleming, Special Correspondent to The Times, and Ella Maillart, Swiss adventuress, they are at the beginning of a secretive--to the Chinese authorities, anyway--travel adventure. Their goal is British India.

Moderator: Tabs

Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin
Registered for: 17 years 6 months

Re: ooc

Post by Mr. Handy »

Tabs wrote:All the gaming you do: I still don't know how you manage it!
I don't know how I manage it either, but part of the answer is that I don't really. I don't have a whole lot of time to play games, and I wouldn't have been able to play so much if I hadn't had four days (and part of a fifth) off from work in a row. I played only three board games in those days, and they were all quick ones. Eldritch Horror isn't normally such a short game, but I managed to win very quickly. The Zombicide tutorial is short, though the regular missions are a lot longer. The Hobbit is also a quick game.

I have a backlog of games I have yet to play even once. In addition to the board games, I have literally hundreds of video games I haven't had time to try yet.

I did manage to catch up on Leagues of Adventure and Dance in the Blood, but I'm still over a month behind in reading The Haunting.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
(viewforum.php?f=176)The Terror Out of Time
(viewforum.php?f=191)]The Ninth Planet
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
The Horror in the Blackout
The Masque of Nyarlathotep
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle
Registered for: 15 years 4 months

Post by Tabs »

Thanks, DrPeterson. The other topic needs to speed up anyway, so Monday will be fine.

Elisabeth and Caroline are roleplaying very nicely--it's a good read.
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

It's fun to play too.
Mr. Handy and I have some experience in sharing trains :p
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Thanks, I'm enjoying it too.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Yesterday I played as Lily Chen in Eldritch Horror. She only solved one mystery vs. Azathoth before being devoured--I chose to take a Dark Pact condition rather than advance the Doom track, but drew a "Dark something or other" Mythos card which said all rolls are a "1," thus the condition card was flipped, spelling Lily's demise.

Anyway, it was the most fun soloing I've had!

Combat is as complex as AH, which felt a bit odd, I thought, because the other rules are elegant.
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

Combat is often the most complicated part of any game, but at least the combat system is consistent with the rest of the skill system, and there isn't too much additional dice rolling. It is a great game, and it sounds like you had a blast! It might be a good idea to think twice before making pacts with dark forces, I guess. :shock:
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 17 years 2 months

Post by Cearlan »

Merry Christmas to all. If not of a Christian outlook, then have a great time over the festive period and go easy at New Year - don't want no mishaps now. Either way I hope that Santa is good and that 2014 brings you whatever it is you want most.

I will probably be taking a break from playing over the Christmas period due to family commitments, but may post if I manage to get the time.
Playing;
Paris: City of Tears
Horror on the Orient Express

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

I'm going to be away from the night of Saturday, February 15 until Monday, February 24 and will probably not be able to post.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Okay, thanks.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Hi, just dropped in to say that I've caught a stinking cold, which is the reason why I'm not posting.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Hope it's not as bad as the oneI had over the holidays ... still not fully over that one yet. Get well soon anyway.
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

All,

I have just received word that my Father in Law has died so I may not be posting as regular over the next few days as I have funerals to sort out and all the associated trappings. I will post as and when I can. I feel bad because I have just started this and well, we cannot put a time on our passing I suppose.

Back as soon as I can

Norman
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Tabs,

Could you please NPC Dr Renwick until after the funeral for me. I am going to try and post as often as I can in as many games as possible, but if I can get a few games off the load, then it would be a great help.

Thanking you in advance

Norman
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

All,

Thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts, condolences and good wishes for the situation in hand.

Norman & DeeJ
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Okay.
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Hey, no one is posting!--except Mr. Handy of course. Clues are not investigated, NPC's are not conversed with . . . perhaps the story is too long? Anyway, I feel that it's time to take a break because the lack of posting has become frustrating.

Tabs
Mr. Handy
Admin
Admin

Post by Mr. Handy »

As I said in the absence thread. I'll be away at a convention from the afternoon of July 2 until the night of July 6. While I have a laptop and the hotel has Internet access, I probably won't have time to keep up and post until I get back, and possibly not until the night of July 7. If you want to take a break until then, or until other players start posting again, I'd be fine with that.
Doctor Who/CoC Campaign:
The Shadow Over Dunwich
The Brotherhood of Death
Tabs
Oracle
Oracle

Post by Tabs »

Thanks, Mr. Handy. I check out that topic regularly. DrPeterson had said he'd be gone for the Summer, so I thought I'd wait to see if he returns.
Cearlan
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Cearlan »

Hi all,

First off I must apologise for leaving the site so abruptly, but as we all know real life and health issues get in the way of this fantastic hobby of ours.

It is with a heavy heart and much soul searching that I have to announce that I have to shelve all the participation in the games I am in, unfortunately the games I am running as well, (however poorly of late). The duration of this 'shelving' is indeterminate at present.

I apologise for all and any inconvenience this has caused fellow gamers. The people on here are a first rate bunch and I am proud to have been associated with them, and hope that I will be allowed back into the fold again in the future.

As Dave Allen used to say;

May your Gods go with you (However elder they may be)
Playing;

Keeping;
The Curse of Nineveh
DrPeterson
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 11 years 4 months

Post by DrPeterson »

I'll be back, Tabs, Caroline still needs to get under more people's skin and into certain people's pants ;)

We've been excavating for a month now and we've uncovered a few tombs, of which a very peculiar, infant-sized one was undisturbed for 3000 years before we touched it and yet was found to be empty.

Very strange, but since we investigated it, I hear the wind whispering the name of Quachil Uttaus...
"He said we were all cooked but we were all right as long as we did not know it. We were all cooked. The thing was not to recognize it."

Return to “Forbidden Journey: An Adventure in China”