Rochelle's Journey: Breakdown

Herein you will find the earlier chapters of those unlucky enough to visit the quaint little tourist town with a weight in their hearts.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Rochelle's Journey: Breakdown

Post by Laraqua »

Jack's radio crackles. "Hello sexy, you still around?" murmurs a woman's voice with the slight slur of the fairly drunk. It sounds familiar but Rochelle can't quite recognise the voice. "Yeah, I'll bet you're still around like the aftertaste of ash in the mouth. My mind keeps twisting back to you, my White in Nining Armour." Okay, perhaps more than fairly drunk.

"The fuck?" mutters Charlie, jaw clenched from seeing his sister bleed.

Jack most assuredly recognises the voice. It's Ash.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Seon »

"Ahh, crap," Jack muttered. "You know people, it was fun for a while, but I believe that it is time for things to come to an end.Gotta take care of a problem friend. She's always getting into these troubles that she needs help from."

"Lily here should be fine. I purposefully didn't go for the vitals." Jack blinked. "What, you didn't think I'm some murderous, insane bastard, did you? Before you go, Lily, don't forget to pick up your card and the newspaper article! IT COULD BE A LIFESAVER."

Jack tipped her over the table and leaned down to pick up his shotgun.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Now Jack is out of view (if you want to roll damage on the can, you still can but it won't change things much), Charles goes charging over the countertoward him. He slams into the pool table, intending to rock it back onto Jack, but the table is far too heavy and firm to be so easily moved.

Rochelle and Lily may also act before Jack arises with the shotgun.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kallisto73
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 1 month

Post by Kallisto73 »

Spoiler:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3539473/

on 1d4, Rochelle gets him for 3 damage. She is really not happy and very angry, she does not pull her punches. :D
"Let her go, Jack. And you, Charles? What are you doing just standing there while he sticks a knife in your sister?" Her whole aggravation, anger, fear and physical pain have transformed Rochelle. She picks up a bottle and smashes it against the counter to break it. She now holds a broken bottle in her right hand. She moves towards Jack.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily lands ungracefully on the floor, limbs splayed like a dead woman. She's not dead. She knows that, but it hurts less to stay still. It's awfully dirty down there, but she doesn't know if she minds.
Seon,Is the knife still stuck in her?
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Kadael wrote:Lily lands ungracefully on the floor, limbs splayed like a dead woman. She's not dead. She knows that, but it hurts less to stay still. It's awfully dirty down there, but she doesn't know if she minds.
Seon,Is the knife still stuck in her?
Spoiler:
Yes, I'm cruel, not murderous
Jack rose up and aimed the shotgun at Charles.

"Thanks for coming over," Jack said.

He fired once into Charles, shredding through him.

"Do you feel lucky, Rochelle?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Charles is a large man, though not enormously so, and he's always had the stamina of an ox. That was one of the things that had always frightened Lily so. His body is tattered, riddled with shot, but he is not yet down for the count. Like most gunshot victims, he's capable of moving for at least a few minutes following being shot. "Lily, run!" he burbles, before launching himself at Jack and successfully grabbing hold of him. For those with a mind to run, there's the Staff door behind the counter or the Front doors. Either way, get far enough into the fog and there's a good chance he won't see you.
Show,we're not using the massive damage equals chance to knock out rules in this one though, don't worry, he lacks much in the health department now. Lily and Rochelle may act now, then Jack has to deal with the Grapple, then Charles again.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The radio crackles once more. "What? No quip? I'm disappointed. Maybe the dogs or the wolves or your own hand got you. Did your own hand get you, Jack?" Ash's voice chuckles over the radio through the silence.

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Lily twitches when the shot goes off, but it takes the utter strangeness of her brother's voice to get her to her feet. The sight she's faced with makes her tremble: for all of her distraction, for the blood on her neck and the knife driven into her side, Charles has still been shot.

"You..." Her voice disappears inside her throat. She looks down, at the newspaper clipping and her card. Death. Endings. Inescapable things. Change.

She finds the strength to raise her head and look at Jack. The volume of her own voice surprises her. "You selfish, rotting bastard! A petty, weak thing like you deserved to die!"

Too late, reason kicks in and reminds her that she was about to be safe. She knows she can't help Charles, not without dying herself, and on some level she wants to just leave.

But she needs him.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Kallisto73
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kallisto73 »

Rochelle runs towards the grappled Jack and stabs him with the broken bottle.
Spoiler:
Damage factor?
"Lily, we need to get help for Charles, but we need to make sure Jack goes down for good."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Show,25% chance to hit and 1d4 +db damage.
Rochelle misses with the beer bottle.

OOC: I forgot that I generally do the rolls here unless requested otherwise - Mr. Handy often does.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Laraqua wrote:
Show,25% chance to hit and 1d4 +db damage.
Spoiler:
LIKE I SAID, ROCHE, DO YOU FEEL LUCKY?!?!
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"...Get off me," Jack said, suddenly calm. He shrugged Charles off of him and then threw him down onto the floor.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Show,actually your turn involves a Strength versus Strength resistance roll and Charles has Strength 16. Yes, he's a mini-tank. On the plus side, he's not nearly as skilled up as you are. You have Strength 11 and thus would require to roll under 25% in order to break the grapple. If you had successfully broken the grapple, on your next turn you could have grappled him, then if he failed his Strength check, you could then throw him to the ground. At this stage, even if you had been successfully in breaking the grapple, there's no way you could have also dropped him prone. You can find a kick arse combat reference here because grapple is, as always, one of the more complex series of rules out there in BRP http://arsmysteriorum.weebly.com/uploads/2/4/8/0/2480968/call_of_cthulhu_combat_reference_sheet.pdf
Jack attempts to shrug off Charles but the man's grip is like a vice. Luckily, the blade doesn't sink home. Charles grip tights around his waist as he tries to crush the air out of him, knocking him into submission, and he cracks his forehead into the back of Jack's. The strikes aren't all that solid but it's enough to knock him out for slightly less damage (1) than would otherwise have been the case. Jack slumps in his arms, dropping the shotgun and twitching in a seizure as his battered body begins to slowly die in his arms. Only quick thinking and successful application of First Aid will keep him alive (and still unconscious). Charles slowly lowers him to the ground.

Everyone else may now act.

Kallisto73
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kallisto73 »

"Well, he is meant to be dead anyway. He is dangerous. I say, we finish him off." She picks up the gun and points it at Jack. At point blank range. She fires.
She turns to Lily.
"Let me see your wound." She gently pries Lily's hands away. "Shhhhh."
Spoiler:
"You will be alright." Sweat forms on her forehead. This does not look good. She looks at Lily: "Okay, I need to dress this wound, there's a first aid kit behind the bar, health and safety regulations." She grins wrily "And I only used recently and restocked when Jack was...".

She gets up and goes behind the bar. The first aid kit is there where it should be.
She also takes some of the kitchen cloth from the clean, folded pile. She also takes a bottle of whiskey.
She returns to Lily. "Okay, Lily, I'm going to disinfect your wound. This is gonna sting a little, do you hear me? But you will be fine." She opens the bottle and pours some of the whiskey onto the clean cloth. She then dabs at the wound very, very gently.
Next, she takes out a pad and breaks the sterile packaging. She puts the pad on the wound. Then she uses some tape and a bandage to secure it in place.
She curses inwardly "This is only going to do so much. This is serious. We need to get her to the hospital at once."

She then turns to Charles. She looks at him.
Spoiler:
I assume he is dying, but I will first-aid him anyway http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3542280/ failed again!
. "You will be alright, Charles. Just rest a little, then you and I will take Lily to the hospital. Can't let your little sister die here, can we now?" She puts some more whiskey on a clean cloth and holds it to his lips. "Here, have some".
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Charles stares up at Rochelle, blood-spattered, as he had just lain Jack's twitching body on the floor, and was far too close to avoid the blood spattering him. He clutches at his gun shot wound, but continues to stare up at her as she speaks, continues to stare up the smoking barrel of the gun at her happy, smiling face. When Rochelle lays down the shotgun to start attempting to use first aid on Lily, he snatches it up and cradles it on his lap, staring down at the utterly destroyed remains of Jack's head. "Who are you people?" he whispered. "Who the fuck are you people?" He shakes his head, shocked and confused. "He was your co-worker and you just ... you murdered him."
Show,With first-aid kits it's best not to presume they are where they should be. People have been in this location before and could've used it. In fact, people HAVE looked around the bar before and only found Health Drinks. I'll allow it this time but please be more cautious in your assumptions. I mean, you could open up a first aid kit and find a kitten's head inside instead of bandages. It is Silent Hill, after all. In other news, you can attempt a First Aid roll on yourself to use the First Aid kit. If successful, you can heal yourself for 1d6 hit points due to the powers of Silent Hill's medicines.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Show,Charles has 1 hit point left. Due to Silent Hill's house rules, you stay on your feet until 0 hit points. It's to make it easier to get mauled without auto-death. In other news, Sanity check for 1d6 damage Lily for seeing an allegedly human being in front of her and 1d4/1d8 for Rochelle as she knew him and he's meant to be dead, but still, someone she knew that she's killed.Rattling!

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

On some level, Jack's gun-mutilated body doesn't disgust Lily. It's almost fascinating. She's never seen a person die in front of her. Her mind wanders; she wonders if he felt pain, if he could feel his life leaving his body in an instant. What did he think in those last moments? Which of his senses was the last to fade?

Lily leans over, wincing in pain, and picks up the Death card with the clipping. "He was already dead, Charles. Stabbed to death right in this bar. At least, that's what the paper says." Everything in her vision blurs into a messy haze for a moment. She motions to her wound, the ugly gauze sticking out like a sore thumb against her now-ruined dress. "Maybe he thought this would be... appropriate."

She swallows uncomfortably, swaying a little. "I... Rochelle, we need to get Charles help. He's hurt really bad; I don't think I can do it myself... I don't feel so..." The floor ripples under her feet, and she leans against the upturned pool table, closing her eyes for a moment of peace.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"No offence, but I'll go with the once-living corpse over murder bitch's rants and some newspaper article that may or may never have been actually published." Charles snorts. "Then again, you probably would believe Weekly Weird News, wouldn't you?"

Kallisto73
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kallisto73 »

Spoiler:
SAN Check: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3543642/ fail
First Aid on self: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3543643/ fail

This first aid kit is cursed, isn't it?

Rochelle loses 1 point of SAN:
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3543644/
Rochelle looks in the first aid kit for something for her wound, she finds nothing that would help, so she just puts on a band aid to cover it after she has put some whiskey on it. She takes two swigs for good measure.
She is strangely calm. "I suppose I should feel shock or remorse at seeing Jack risen from the dead and then killing him like that. But I feel nothing, I'm totally numb. Probably nothing affects you if you've just escaped being shovelled to death."

She looks at Charles "Better a murdering, ranting bitch than dead. If I hadn't killed him, he would've killed me and Lily, not much you could have done about, my dear boy."

She looks at Lily. "Lily, please sit down. I will call an ambulance."
She goes to the bar, the receiver hangs from the phone where she had dropped it.
She picks it up....
Spoiler:
Is there still a connection to the "police"?

Return to “Earlier Chapters”