Rochelle's Journey: Breakdown

Herein you will find the earlier chapters of those unlucky enough to visit the quaint little tourist town with a weight in their hearts.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 7 months

Re: Rochelle's Journey: Breakdown

Post by Laraqua »

There's nothing but a dial tone.

"What's with this town?" murmurs Charles, picking up the first aid kit and picking through it. "Okay, Lily. Sit still. This might hurt a little." He has more luck repairing her wounds. "See, told you I'd look out for you." His face is very pale and sweating, but Lily's feeling a little better. He leans back against the overturned pool table, breathing heavily. "Could use me a whiskey."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Kadael »

Lily nods, blinking back tears as she watches her heavily wounded brother. "I... I know. Thank you, Charles, I..." She steps forward and throws her arms around his broad shoulders. "I love you so much."

"Rochelle?" she sighs, tracing the watery streaks on her face. "Where's the restroom? I need to - I have to be away from here. For a little while."
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Kallisto73
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 1 month

Post by Kallisto73 »

Rochelle looks at her. She points towards the door "Staff only" and says: "I will show you. Come on." "Strength in numbers", she thinks, "This town has become so weird"..
She turns towards the door, she tries the handle.
Spoiler:
is it open?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The staff rest room is a single room with a toilet, toilet roll holder, hand basin, hand dryer, and some rather sparkling white tiles. There's no cubicle or anything like that. Just a single room.

The only less wholesome aspect of it is the large mirror with the cobwebbed crack in the upper corner that has a few smeared flies that have been swatted against it with the fly swatter that lays on the little shelf.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kallisto73
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kallisto73 »

At the sight of the emptiness of the bath room, Rochelle sighs inwardly with relief. Then she catches herself "Funny, time was when you would not even have thought that there was gonna be anything in there except a spider."
She turns to Lily: "Take as much time as you need."

She then gets some more whiskey and walks back over to Charles. She kneels down beside him. She opens the bottel and holds it to his lips. "Slowly, you can have the whole bottle and more, but drink slowly."

After Charles has finished, she goes over to Jack's body and starts to search him.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Kadael »

Lily stands in front of the sink, makes faces at her reflection, and turns on the water. Damn that supposed-to-be-waterproof makeup.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Jack has a clip-on Radio, a small flashlight, a cellphone, switchblade (1d4 +db), lockpicks, Deck of Tarot Cards, Diary, Map of Sheperd's Glen folded up, a pack of Cigarettes, Lighter and a Pen.

Charles takes the whiskey bottle and drinks it gratefully, one hand still over his ruined torso. "So what do you think, doc? Just a flesh wound. Man, I need a nurse."

Kallisto73
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kallisto73 »

Rochelle takes all the stuff that Jack carries.
She reads the diary and looks at the map.
She offers Charles a cigarette: "Want one? Yeah, you do need a nurse. I have a car, I mean, I used to have a car, don't know where it is. The hospital is a good way off on foot in your condition. And... I don't know what we will find there when get there. Because this - all of this - is so totally weird. How can people rise from the dead?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The diary is blank. The map of Shepherd's Glen has nothing marked on it. The town is off the road that heads into Silent Hill and has been deterioting for quite some time now and is nearly a ghost town. Silent Hill always used to treat them with rivalry and mild hostility though Shepherd's Glen was always too small to be treated as much of a tourist destination and therefore was never much of a threat anyhow.

"Place like this ... so empty," said Charles. "Really think there'd be a nurse? Don't wanna walk all that way for nothing. Maybe try for a pharmacy? They should be open now." He checks his watch. He's one of those few people who still wear them. "Damn, my watch has stopped."

Kallisto73
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kallisto73 »

Rochelle looks for a phone book "I'm gonna see if I can find a pharmacy that's open. But seriously, Charles, you are riddled with bullets. You need an operation." She looks him in the eye. "And I assume you know that even then you'll probably die anyway. If you die, what about Lily? Do you still have parents?"
Spoiler:
Is there a phone book, if so, I look for a pharmacy nearby.
She turns towards the door to the rest room. "She's been in there a long time. I'd better check on her, not that she has collapsed."
She walks over and knocks on the door. "Lily?" she says gently, "Lily? Are you alright?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Rochelle had no ideawhere the closest pharmacy was though she was aware there were a few. She did have a phone book in her office, however.

Charles just grunts. "I ain't gonna die, lady. I'm made of tougher stuff."

When she heads down through the corridor to knock on the door, she finds that the door to the bathroom is slightly ajar.

Kallisto73
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kallisto73 »

Rochelle frowns, then listens .
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The bathroom is silent.

Kallisto73
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kallisto73 »

Rochelle stretches out her hand, "Lily? Are you okay? I will open the door now." She pushes the door open very quickly and with some force, she does not step inside.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The bathroom is empty but otherwise is almost just as she had left it. There's still moisture in the basin with some mascara staining from where Lily must have been cleaning her face. Otherwise, the room is empty and otherwise ordinary but there is a small, folded white card sitting on the hand dryer.

Kallisto73
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kallisto73 »

Rochelle goes in and picks up the card. While she is looking at it, she goes out to Charles and says "Your sister's gone."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"My what?" He struggles to his feet, wincing. "Gone where?"

The card simply says:

WhAt Is LoSt MaY yEt Be FoUnD
oVeR tHe DaRk & uNdErGrOuNd
HaUnTeD pLeAsEs BrOkEn SoUnD
lIgHt ThE bOrDeRs & hUnKeR dOwN
rOsEs TwIsT tHe CoRdEd CrOwN
mAy YoUr BlIsS bE oVeR nOw

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's a sudden buffet of wind against the shuttered windows, rattling the steel casing against the wooden frames, as a billowing ash cloud passes them by, blanketing the door's window in darkness. The whole building seems to rattle and shake, the noise erupting loudly around them and encompassing them in noise and vibrations that shoot up and down their very bones. The electric lights flicker all around them. The CD player erupts in jarring static and fragments of music. Then the lights explode, showering glass shards everywhere, and the room is plunged into darkness.

Return to “Earlier Chapters”