FINAL CHAPTER: Cynthia Ann's Story Told

Herein you will find the earlier chapters of those unlucky enough to visit the quaint little tourist town with a weight in their hearts.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Re: Cynthia Ann's Story Told

Post by Laine »

Cynthia Ann's clasped hands start to tremble at first just a small shake but it becomes uncontrollable the further ma continues her 'prayer'. Pa had always been a good Christian and attended Church ever Sunday. Her mother's typical rambles she could handle but not this.

"Mamma those rats done give you a crackpot idea. This still daddy's house and so it's a house of God too!"

She vaults up and throws her bowl across the table.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

There's a dead silence, broken only by Frankie's nervous slurping, as she awaits the beating that is bound to follow.

Instead, her mama's benevolent smile is somehow far more frightening in its unpredictability. "Shame about your stew, but that's just fine. More'n the pot and another bowl too. Why not you go fetch yourself more to eat? There's plenty where that came from."

Frankie gulps.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Cynthia Ann crosses her arms and turns away.

"I ain't hungry anymore!"

The unsettling smile sends jitters through her stomach. She turns to Franklin and gives him a pleading look in her eyes.

"Come on Frankie, let's skidoo on out here!"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Her mama's arm clamps down on Cynthia's hard enough to hurt. "No, you don't, dear. You gonna eat the meal and have your Happy Day because there ain't many more that you can be assured of." With that, she drags her over to the stove. "Now ladle yourself some more to eat."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Cynthia Ann instantly breaks into a fit of sobbing when mama grabs her.

"Mam-ma ple-as-e Im sorry, I don't mean to be a goop just a ji-g-gy came over me. I clean up the mess I promise!

Her resistance falls limp as her mama grabs her and she spoons out the soup as she's ordered.
Ain't many more days..?

"Mama I wanna spend all our days with you and Frankie. Please, don't send me away!"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Jes eat your stew like a good, little girl," said Mama, sitting back down on her stump.

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Still crying, Cynthia Ann begins to stir the spoon into the bowl of rabbit. The way the meat sinks in and out of the broth and the aroma make it appealing, but she still feels nervous like something worse awaits her. Her tears mix into the soup, but she continues to eat anyway.

"Ok, mama, I can be good."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Now, you both love yer papa, don't ya? You'd do anything for your papa, right?" asked Mama.

Frankie just nodded his head. He's crying too, but silently.

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Still sobbing, Cynthia Ann barely manages a response.

"Yes, mama, but he's gone just like gramma and grandaddy!"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"He not gone for good," said Mama. "He gonna be right back soon. You'll see, both of ya. Now eat up. I got an extra nice surprise for you out by the lake."

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Cynthia Ann eats the rest of her dinner without a sound when she is finished she gets up to clear her spot.

"Mama, may I go get ready to go to the Lake? It's cold and I want to grab my coat."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Yes, dear, you may," said Mama with an approving smile. "Go and help Frankie get ready too. You wanna look all good for Papa, yeah?"

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

She will take her brother by his hand and lead them into their room, when she gets there she will dress Franklin and herself as warmly as she can and will look for her largest needle or anything else she can slip into her pocket. When she is packed she will kneel down to Frankling and whisper is his ear.

"I want you to nod when im done. Mama has gone bunk..she crazier than before, we have to run to town, Frankie, Maybe the pastor or police can help us. But we have to go.."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"C'mon sissy, she's our Mama," he whispers back. "We can't go rat on her. And what'll they do, anyway? They'd drop us back in her lap. Asides, we can't hurt Mama more. We should just go with her and make sure she don't do anything silly to hurt herself."

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Hope faded from her deep brown eyes as Franklin spoke, there was no way he was gonna leave mama. For a brief moment Cynthia Ann considered running without Franklin, but there was no way she could leave him alone and sadly mama probably knew that.

"Ok, Frankie I'll come wih ya.."

She clasps his hand and leads him back into the kitchen.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Mama standing there, beaming at them, her smile so big it looks like her face might burst. "C'mon, kids, not long till we all get to see Papa again."

She takes them by the hands, grinding their fingers in her enthusiasm, and starts out along the pathway toward the lake.

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Holding hands with her brother and mother she walks silently towards the lake. She takes in the view of the trees, plants and any animal that happens across their path as they walk. She also silently fidgets with the needle in her pocket.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

It's a cold, miserable, fog-shrouded day with the sun hidden high above some gloomy, grey clouds. The birdsong sounds muted as though the birds themselves were afraid of something moving in their midst. Somewhere, somehow, she thought she could vaguely make out papa humming one of his old work songs and mama smiles triumphantly as she hears it. "Y'hear that? He's here. He's waitin' for us and boy does he miss his darlin's'..."

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

For a moment she smiles, but it soon fades because Papa is gone and there is no way he could be singing it.

"Mama, is that papa? He's gone though..he's gone to heaven.."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"It's Papa, dearie, it's Papa. He's come to come and get us and take us with him but first we got to go down in the lake." At her Mama's words, as if by magic, the path ends to reveal the banks of sparkling Lake Toluca, framed on all sides by more tall pine trees. "Come now, chil'ren, less go down and play in the water." Insistently, Mama tightens her grip on them and leads them down to the water's edge.

Return to “Earlier Chapters”