Travis' Journey: Realisation

Herein you will find the earlier chapters of those unlucky enough to visit the quaint little tourist town with a weight in their hearts.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Re: Travis' Journey: Realisation

Post by Laine »

Why am I doing this to myself? I've changed since then..

Travis will get back into the car and start to drive towards Lakeview Hotel.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

He pulls out from in front of Andy's Book Store and begins the quiet drive down to the Lakeview Hotel. It's still a lovely warm day and the lake, as he drives over the bridge, is absolutely dazzling in the late afternoon sun. He can make out the Lakeview Hotel quite easily as he heads down along Nathan Avenue. The beautiful building seeming a calm bastion amidst all the pine trees, hills, and large tumbled rocks that sit here, there, and everywhere amongst the odd residential home that pops up here and there along Nathan Avenue. It takes seemingly no time at all before he's pulled up in front of the Lakeview Hotel.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Walter was right, the lake is beautiful, it reminds me of a bronze mirror.

Travis will enter the hotel and head towards the hotel room they were held up in last night.

The book..and that man, Vincent perhaps Emily and Walter will know something.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The hotel room door is locked.

No one answers his knocks.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

In desperation Travis will pound his fist against the door one more time.

"Walter, Emily?! It's me, Travis!"
They aren't okay...I should have stayed but then maybe I would be in danger now too.

Travis will head towards the front desk to inquire about whether anyone has seen his missing friends.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

A rather perky-looking receptionist sits behind the counter. She beams at him as he approaches. "Oh, how may I help you, Mr. Yates? You look troubled."

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

How does she know me? Maybe Walter and Emily told the hotel workers I might stop by?

Walter walks up to the desk and leans up against the counter.

"Um..Yes, have we met before?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"No, we haven't," she said earnestly. "We have a letter here for a Mr. Travis Yates. That is you, isn't it?"

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

A letter..from whom?

"Yes, I am Travis. Do you know who left it by any chance?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"No, actually. I'm sure there's a name in the letter. Let me go find it." She gets up and heads into the office behind th reception desk.

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

"Okay, thank you I appreciate your assistance."

Travis waits nervously for the letter and will turn to find a seat in the lobby once she gives it to him and will start to read.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The woman returns a few moments later and cheerfully produces and hands over a light pink envelope which smells vaguely of strawberry scent. There aren't any seats in the lobby but he does recall seeing door signs for the cafe and the restaurant -- even a sign that pointed down to a bar -- and he could go and sit in one of them to read his letter. Or he could stand. The envelope feels quite light-weight. There's probably only a single sheet inside. His name has been written upon the letter with a flowery, yet precise, script with the easy strokes of a fountain pen.

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

I can't be seen in a bar...

The thought of a bar disturbs Travis, so he decides to open the door to the cafe, orders a cup of coffee and will sit down to read the letter.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The coffee culture is alive and well in Silent Hill. There are so many different types of coffee - from the beans themselves to the style it's made to the design lovingly created upon the foam. The price is indicative of the coffee culture, as well. It's not particularly cheap, but then, what is in a resort town?

At least the cafe is reasonably quiet at this time of the evening as most of the patrons would be in the restaurant, in the bar, or elsewhere in town.

The letter begins quite simply:

Dearest Travis,

You may be wondering where I have gone. Well, it is both a short story and a long story. The long story involves a long, romantic evening whereby your exit from our humble hotel room inspired a night of sweet vulnerability and passion. My darling Walter came forth from the bathroom, feeling much refreshed, and took me in his arms and explained how deeply all of my inspired fiction so touched his heart and thusly he ravished me upon each and every surface of that sweet hotel room. We lazed in each other's arms and spoke and made love and drank wine and watched the dawn sun rise sweetly over the shimmering Lake Toluca and then he ravished me once more. We decided, from then on, that I would run away with him to Auckland so that we can be together forever.

The short story involves me being dead, you worthless piece of shit.

Farewell, dearest Travis.

Remember me fondly.

Isobel Emily Latham.

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

I had no chance to begin with....but why? Why, would they kill themselves if they were so happy together?

Travis takes the letter and crumples it between his hand. The scent of synthetic strawberry is almost sickening to him and his sensibilites..

Faker than than the cheap perfume...But how could she write to me if she were dead as she claims? Is it a suicide note?

Travis fights every urge to throw the letter in the garbage, tear it up or burn it, it might be needed in an investigation after all should they turn up dead.

Vincent..perhaps he found something..Though I have no idea where the historical society may be.

Travis wipes away a tear that has formed at the corner of his eye and will head to the main desk to ask for directions to the Historical Society.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Oh, the Historical Society is just down Nathan Avenue. If you keep following this road, you can't miss it. It's signposted just for that purpose. However..." She goes over to the rack and plucks out a brochure. "We do have some lovely brochures if you'd like to take a look at anything around town. The Society is just one tourist destination among many. Have you visited Lakeside Amusement Park yet? It really is lovely there this time of year." Her smile is as false as her alleged good cheer. "Just let me know if you want to know anything about the places in town."

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

I am not even a guest here, yet she is so friendly

"Thank you, I appreciate your assistance. Before I leave I am just wondering if you could tell me what the person looked like who left this message?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Hmm? Oh, young woman. Brunette. I believe she works at the school over at Midwich. Why? Is something the matter?"

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Then may be it is true...I mean compared to menshe could have been a model. For just a moment though I felt a connection like he trusted me..

"No, it's okay I am fine."
Eveb though I obviously am not...

"I will take the brochure though if possible, thank you."

After taking the brochure Travis will follow the woman's directions towards the Historical Society.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Travis heads out into his car and drives down the winding Nathan Avenue, the glittering lake over to his left, the gently rolling hills covered in pine trees rising up on his right. It's so different here. So strange. Did they kill themselves? Was it a suicide note? But why? And why can't the doctors and police be trusted in this town? Is it just paranoia or what?

Perhaps Calvin would know what to do? At the very least, he would've been able to protect him.

The Historical Society is a large one-storey weatherboard building with a big green sign advertising its presence that is nailed to the side of its ornate double doors. There's a gravel car park just outside. As it's past 5:00PM it should be closed to visitors but there's a green pick up parked outside that suggests someone might still be in there. Maybe, since this is a resort town, he'll get lucky and it'll still be open.

Return to “Earlier Chapters”