Travis' Journey: Realisation

Herein you will find the earlier chapters of those unlucky enough to visit the quaint little tourist town with a weight in their hearts.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Re: Travis' Journey: Realisation

Post by Laine »

Im a freaking preschool teacher not a master in breaking and entering. What exactly does this person expect? Respond?

Travis shifts his line of sight away from Vincent as he responds.

"Well, the receptionist told me that a woman that fits Emily's description gave her the note and instructed her to give it to me..I am not sure what exactly you mean by something wicked or especially that 'Silent Hill will respond to me'.

His eyes go from trying to avoid Vincent to looking at him directly in his eyes.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Vincent cocks his head to one side. "She said that, did she?"

He shakes his head. "Maybe you're right. Maybe you're not the one for this."

He flaps his hand dismissively. "Fly away home, birdie. See if you can find some courage there."

"I'm a little busy trying to keep two people from dying but I suppose that's a little too beyond you to understand."

At that, he turns and starts for the door.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Travis' phone rings.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Of course I understand...I care for them too.

Travis gestures towards Vincent and he is leaving, but the the ringing of the phone startles him before he can say anything to prevent Vincent from leaving.

This is why I never wanted one these things..

Travis fumbles through his pockets on his pants and coat before finally finding his cellphone. He flips it open and speaks into it warily..

"Hello?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Emily's voice comes through over his mobile phone. "Travis? Hel- *static hiss* Can y- ... he- ... me? *static hiss*"

Vincent pauses mid-stride, and turns toward Travis, head cocked to one side. "Interesting."

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

A certain sense of both anxiety and relief could be heard in Travis' voice as he heard Emily for the first time since last night's chaotic events.

"Emily! Are you okay? The children have been worried about you..I'm glad to hear your voice."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"We're locked *static* hotel r- *static*," Emily explains, "but we're *stretch of static* hurt. C- *static* ba-? *static* someth- *static* break *static* ch- *static* door."

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Travis attempts to stay calm while replying.

"Emily, I tried to come by earlier.....I'll be there again as soon as I can."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Tha- *static* y- *static* mu- *static* We're n- *static* where. Goo- *static*."

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Emily hangs up. Moments later, his phone rings. It looks like the school's calling him.

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Emily..she's alive and I suppose Walter is too..

Again the ringing of the phone bothers him, this constant intrusion by others gave him a certain sense anxiety.

The school...why would they be bothering me at this hour? I'd rather not have to speak to them, but it could be Mr. Ross and I have heard from Emily so..

Despite his uncertainty Travis will eventually answer the phone.
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by Airbornexo »

"Hello...Travis? This is Principal Ross, over at the school. I'm really concerned about Emily, its just not like her to disappear without saying anything and her phone keeps ringing out. I was wondering if you had, had any luck tracking her down."
Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

"Yes, Mr. Ross, actually she is at the Lakeview Hotel, I just talked to her right before you called. It was hard to make out what she was saying, but it sounded like they were trapped inside of the room. It's funny..I went to their hotel earlier today and knocked on the door, but no one responded. I am not sure what to make of all this..."

Travis pauses for a moment in order to allow Principal Ross to respond.
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by Airbornexo »

Ross paused, breathing an internal sigh of relief that Emily had at least been contacted. "Something doesn't seem right Travis, I couldn't even reach her cell phone. I going to head over to the Lakeview now, perhaps if you've got no pressing engagements you could meet me there? This is so unlike Emily," He seemed to mutter that last part partially under his breath.
Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

"Yes, Mr. Ross, I will be heading back there right away."

Travis will hang up and direct his attention towards Vincent who apparently decided not to leave after all.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"What did you find?" asked Vincent.

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

"The reception was bad, but they are still at the hotel. I am going to be heading there now."

Travis seems somewhat annoyed by Vincent.

Wasn't he just standing right there..

"Vincent, someone attacked Walter outside the book store, she sounded elderly. Why would anyone want to hurt him and then lock both he and Emily inside of the hotel?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"I can think of a few people," said Vincent. "But that hardly matters now that you're going to gallivant off to bring them to safety, does it?" He turns to leave, pausing at the threshold to the door. "I'll go and try to cover you at the other end." Then he keeps on walking.

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Travis can't help but feel somewhat of a cynical and dismissive tone to Vincent's voice as the other mand leaves the building. Quietly Travis will collect his belongings and head towards his car to drive over to the hotel.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Travis pulls up in the car park behind Lakeview Hotel which largely faces away from the hills and towards Lake Toluca. The lake looks so dark from what he can see. There's no sign of the glittering city lights from across the water. The hotel, though, is lit up. Its curtained windows near glowing from the electric light. As he gets out of his car, he notices Principal Ross sitting in a car not far from his. He also notices, though he didn't think to look last time, Emily's car parked just where they'd left it. So maybe they hadn't ever left. The night is dark and quiet with only the faint sound of insects to keep him company as he looked around himself. He was getting a bad feeling about this....

Return to “Earlier Chapters”