Travis' Journey: Realisation

Herein you will find the earlier chapters of those unlucky enough to visit the quaint little tourist town with a weight in their hearts.

Moderator: Laraqua

Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Re: Travis' Journey: Realisation

Post by Airbornexo »

Seeing Travis pull up, Ross stepped out of his car. He locked it up and walked quickly over to Travis' car turning his coat up against the wind and stood by the driver's door with a casual wave of greeting. He looks concerned, but pleased to see Travis...
Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Post by Laine »

He certainly is timely...I could have sworn no one was there when I came last..The woman at the counter said it was Emily..What's going on here?

Travis grabs his bag and phone before he gets out of the car and this time he makes certain to lock it.

"Mr. Ross I came as soon as we got done speaking, I didn't mean to make you wait. We should go quickly."

He turns to walk towads the entrance the three of them had used earlier the previous night...
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

"don't worry about it, you're off the clock!" Ross grinned at Travis, "come on let's see if we can't track down Emily."

Ross followed Travis into the building.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

The hotel foyer is wide and expansive with two flights of steps heading up to the 2nd floor. There's a gift shop (closed) and a reception desk with a rather plain looking woman sitting behind the counter, likely playing solitaire until the end of her shift (which is likely to be soon). She seems rather bored as she looks up at the sound of your shoes rat-tatting against the tiled floor.

"How can I help you?" she asked.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

Ross glanced at Travis, then turned to the clerk,"good afternoon, I wonder if you can help us please. We were looking for a member of my staff, a Ms. Latham who is currently staying with you. Could you ring up to her room and let her know that we are here now."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The woman taps something out on the computer. "Nope, sorry, we've never had a Ms. Latham checked in here. At least, not since we updated the database three years ago."

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

Ross frowned, but she easily could have checked into the hotel by a different name or staying with someone else...that author she was so excited about, what was he called???.... He smiles pleasantly to the receptionist, "I must have mixed up the arrival times. No bother, I'll give her a call".

He tapped Travis on the elbow and moved out of earshot from the receptionist, making a show of taking out his cell phone and scrolling through his contacts until she loses interest in them. Then he whispered fiercely, "What the hell is going on Travis? You definitely think she is here somewhere?"
Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Travis can't help but feel somewhat frustrated with the apparent lack of common sense exhibited by their principal.
Well, of course Emily wouldn't have checked into a hotel when she has her own home....This is the man who will reform the Silent Hill school district?

Travis will attempt to maintain a cordgial affect when responding.

"Well, I don't believe Emily ever booked a room here, but Walter did and he's on the third floor."
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

"Perhaps we should just go straight on up then." The Ross replied, looking a little out of his comfort zone.

OOC - Well she might have checked in for something extra-curricular ;) Sorry for my lack of common sense, just getting a grip of the game at the moment.
Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

OOC,not your fault. Travis has a bit of an attitude at times
Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Travis will turn towards the stairwell and will walk towards them as talking.

"I think it will be okay. Emily knows I'm coming, I just hope we can reach them in time. She seemed afraid as though cornered by someone.."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's a pair of stairs that rise majestically to the second floor and it doesn't take them long to reach the doors and head into the corridor. The trouble is that their room was on the third floor, if Travis remembered rightly. So they had to follow the corridor along to the main, more minor, stairwell, and head up that. There's a couple making out in a doorway, making rather noisy kisses in between making cutesy comments in baby talk. If they keep on like that, they'll soon have a real baby.

It doesn't take them very long to find the door to the hotel room. A cursory inspection finds that the door is, indeed, locked. The carpet beneath the door seems vaguely water-stained, but not recently.

Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

Ross stays hard on Travis' heels, committing the route back to the reception to memory.
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

Seeing Travis hesitate, Ross moved and rapped smartly on the door.

OOC - If he gets no response, he attempts to pound harder; peer in the keyhole (if there is one) and call out to Emily.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's no response to his rap on the door so he tries his hardest to draw the attention of whoever's inside.

Unfortunately, there's no peep hole, though he'd be unlikely to see inside without the right tool even if there was one.

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Travis doesn't quite take the same approach as Principal Ross. He was here not that long ago confronted with the same situation. Really he had been here many times before...but usually those other times were much louder.

Mommy? Are you having a bad dream? Open the door!!

As quickly as that thought came it left.

She..they were here. She called me..they were trapped..

"Mr. Ross they were apparentley trapped inside. Im not sure if they can make it to the door or not.

Why would she be able to call from her phone if that were the case?

Having considered this Travis will pull out his own phone and attempt to call Emily.
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

Seeing Travis pull out his phone, Ross nods his ascent at the suggestions...
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Travis' phone rings thrice before someone picks up and he can groggily hear a familiar woman's voice murmur, as though from all those years ago. "Hello?"

Mother?

If he checks the number, he seems to have been re-directed from Emily's phone to another local home phone line.

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

It can't be...It's been years..she never accepted myself or Calvin..

Travis' hands trembeled at the voice of his mother, a simple 'hello' shouldn't have so much power but at once he felt vulnerable and infuriated. It took a tremendous amount of will to resist hanging up the phone and in the end he was unable to..

"Mommy? It's me, Travis.."
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

Ross took Travis by a shoulder, "hey are you okay? Did you get through to Emily?" He looks concerned...

Return to “Earlier Chapters”