Travis' Journey: Realisation

Herein you will find the earlier chapters of those unlucky enough to visit the quaint little tourist town with a weight in their hearts.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Travis' Journey: Realisation

Post by Laraqua »

"Travis? Is that really you? It's been so long." His mother's voice is strained, croaking. She must've overhead Ross' voice because she harshly adds, "Is there a man there? One of your...." Travis can almost hear her shudder.

"Travis, you have to help me. Some strange men came looking for me...."

"Travis, what sort of trouble have you gotten yourself into? Why did you get me involved?"

"They've taken me somewhere. I ... I don't know where. A hospital but ... there's pills."

"Why aren't there pills for you, Travis?"

"I wouldn't be here if there were pills to stop you doing whoever it is you're doing...."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Post by Laine »

Travis couldn't reply at first..

It seems like I just said my farewells to her right before I moved to Silent Hill. I did, didn't I? I knew I shouldn't have left now she's hurt again..she always needed me to protect her. We protected eachother. Whoever I am doing? I have only had one relationship ever....

Despite being apprehensive Travis eventually replied.

Momma? I'm sorry, I don't know who is coming for you..I thought you'd be safe even when I left. Calvin said he'd watch out for you. We don't need medication though. We have to confront our problems ourselves, not mask them behind drugs...Don't worry I'll be there for you..

As Travis said that he realized that he was trying to save his new friends now instead. He thought back to his childhood and how when the rare opprutunity arose that he could choose between his friends and his family that he would always choose his friends. His mother never did let him make that choice without shame.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Brookhaven. I'm in...."

The phone cuts out.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 16 years 3 months

Post by Airbornexo »

"What the hell was that Travis? Was it Emily??" Ross looks concerned.
Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Travis hangs his head in silence for a moment begfore flipping his cell phone shut at first he doesn"t respond to priprincipal ross but after a moment he looks towards him:

"No it was someone from back home i must have dialed their number just by habit"

He knows that wasnt true but had to justify what happened somehow

Maybe shes in rehab but then we have plenty of in patient rehab clinics back home
ut then she always wanted to be aroudn me it was always difficult to seperate
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

"Come on Travis, we need to know if Emily's safe...you want to try the number again? If not just punch it in and hand it over." The big Principal gave Travis a reassuring pat on the arm.
Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Airbornexo wrote:"Come on Travis, we need to know if Emily's safe...you want to try the number again? If not just punch it in and hand it over." The big Principal gave Travis a reassuring pat on the arm.
Travis' eyes never meet Principal Ross' as he hands over the phone for him to attempt to call Emily.

"What is she doing here...?"

He mutters to himself as he contemplates the rather unnerving conversation he unintentionally had with his mother.

Brookhaven...Wasn't I going to volunteer there anyway?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's a click in the door, as though it had just been unlocked.

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Travis will cautiously step towards the door and will begin to open it.

"Walter, Emily, it's me Travis. I am going to come in..
Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

Ross, shoots Travis a cautionary look and holds his breath in anticipation....Something is not right at all, Travis is on edge and Emily should have answered, Sweat prickles his forehead, the tension is palpable.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door opens silently to reveal a gloomy room. The curtains have been pulled shut, but there appears to be two shapes beneath the mattress as though two figures were sleeping peacefully in each other's arms. An attempt to switch on the overhead lights causes a hiss and pop as the lightbulb shatters.

Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

Ross cautiously moves into the room to investigate...
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The room is largely empty except for a pair of fluffy handcuffs and a pack of unopened condoms that lay on the floor.

The wardrobe contains a couple suitcases.

There's a large, bulge behind some of the wallpaper that ranges from almost the ceiling down to the floor.

The television set is playing static.

Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

Ross cautiously approaches the shapes in the bed calling softly, "Emily???" He glances over his shoulder to the door, what was Travis doing?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The shapes under the blanket are eerily still. There's no hair or any other body part visible beneath the blankets but the shape is approximately right.

Airbornexo
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Airbornexo »

Gingerly Ross draws back the covers...
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

As he reaches for the blankets, splotches of crimson blood appear around where the shapes' chests would be, slowly staining the blankets in a roughly circular fashion before his very eyes. The door slams shut, startling him, and dividing him from Travis who was still standing mostly in the hallway, grasping the door knob in one hand. Travis spots a woman in a black widow's veil standing at the end of the hallway before she turns to leave.
Show,Ross can head into his own thread now.

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Travis will briefly attempt to pull back on the handle to open the door, but if that meets with failure he will turn towards the direction of the veiled woman and will follow her through the hallways.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The door is stuck, much as he suspected, so he races off down the hallway after the veiled woman, catching up with her midway down the next corridor. She turns to regard him with a stern eye, "Yes?"

Return to “Earlier Chapters”