Andy's Journal: Arrival

Herein you will find the earlier chapters of those unlucky enough to visit the quaint little tourist town with a weight in their hearts.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Andy's Journal: Arrival

Post by Laraqua »

Andy can vaguely make out some sort of conversation going on:

"... 'Chaos Dreams', is about the unchecked imagination and how it can lead to paradise or hell, depending on the whims of the dreamer ...."

Another man's voice. "Considered to be too dark for Silent Hill ... not ... allowed ..."

Overlapping the man's voice is a girl's voice: "Mummy! Where ... help ... I can't ... can't see ... which way ... can't find my way up ... can't breathe..."

Followed by another voice, eerily familiar. Peter? "C'mon man ... you hear ... get my note ... radio station and the lighthouse ... damnit, man, I need you!"

The road opens up onto a fog-shrouded street signposted 'Nathan Avenue'.
Hide,doubtless both. They were both successful.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 13 years 1 month

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

Well, I've never heard of anything like this. The voices are chilling and vaguely unearthly, made more so by the sudden fog. Andy furrows his brow as he listens to the voices, and a cold chill shudders through him as he hears Pete's voice. Pete, what have you gotten yourself into... and what have you gotten me into?
OOC,Does the girl's voice sound like that of the little girl back at the bathroom? Or another?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The girl's voice does sound quite similar to the girl from the toilet but her voice is made strange by the panic and fear inside of it. Nathan Avenue is a long road that follows the curve of the lake to the right of him. Andy should probably slow down if he wants to drive safely in this fog. It's a real pea souper and he can barely see a dozen feet in front of the car even with high beams on (I presume American cars have low and high beams for their headlights). Of course, if he wants to get to his destination quickly, he could always make a Drive roll. Where's he headed?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

Andy takes his foot off the gas a bit to compensate for the lowered visibility, and drives along Nathan Avenue. At the first convenient spot he pulls over to the side of the road. There he quickly flips through the book to see if there's a map of the town in it. As long as there is, he'll head for the radio station Pete's voice spoke of.
OOC,You're right, low/high beams.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's an easy space to pull over just beside the rather faded sign for Ridgeview Medical Clinic and pull out the book. Flipping through pages of glued articles, handwriting, and drawings reveals several folded maps. One is the town map, one is for Brookhaven Hospital, one is for the Silent Hill Historical Society, the Artaud Theatre and Silent Hill Town Hall. There's no sign of a radio station on the map but if it's anywhere it's probably off the map on Nathan Avenue or some other hilly direction to put it a bit higher than the town.

Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

The Historical Society beckons to him -- his journalistic and investigative mindset finds the prospect of mulling over old newspaper articles and books undeniably appealing -- but as he's paging through the journal and looking at the maps, Andy decides that helping out a friend takes precedence over the investigation he was visiting for. He decides to head for the Town Hall, and ask someone there for directions to the radio station.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Andy follows Nathan Avenue, turning right onto Sandford Street, and as he does so the fog seems to lift to reveal the sparkling blue lake, brightly painted stores, and a rather beautiful courtyard that sits between a few bars in the resort district. He heads north on Riverside Drive and then turns right on Cielo Avenue to park a few spaces down from the elegant Silent Hill Town Hall. It's a lovely building from the Victorian era - all sandstone facade and ornately decorated window dressings. A set of stone steps lead up to a pair of heavy wooden doors that sit back in an alcove within the building.

Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

Tugging the doors open, Andy slowly walks up towards the information desk, examining the old photographs of the area as he goes along. Reaching the desk, he looks up at the attendant. "I'm meeting a friend of mine here in town," he says, "but unfortunately he didn't give me good directions to where exactly I'm supposed to meet him at. He said something about a radio station? Is there a station or even a former station here in town?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Andy steps into a room heavy with a luxuriant dignity as he passes through the double doors. Portraits of old Mayors adorn the walls and a set of double doors sit at the far end of the room. Passing through those doors brings him into in the foyer. A wide room with two doors that flank the austere mahogany reception counter and two doors apiece on the side of the room that he's standing upon. A woman sits behind the counter -- before a large map of Silent Hill -- entering something into the computer. She's a young woman, visibly bored, and she perks up when she sees him. "The radio station? Oh yes, that's easy enough. If you go back onto Nathan Avenue and follow it up the hills in the opposite direction of County Road 73, you should find it fairly easily. It's at the peak."

Dr. Bloodworth
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Dr. Bloodworth »

"Alright, sounds simple enough. Thank you," he says, turning about and spending a few moments strolling around the city hall.

Once outside, Andy jumps back into his car and after rummaging around to make certain the book is still present and accounted for, lowers the sun visor. He pauses a moment, looking at Alison's photo in the visor, smiles slightly to himself, and drives in the direction given to him by the nice girl at the desk.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The book is still where he left it. Looks like whatever conspiracy theories his mate has obsessed about enough to hide a key in a toilet weren't true. Maybe this really was his idea of a weird scavenger hunt. It doesn't take him long to back track onto Nathan Avenue and then take the first major turn off right. Soon he's driving along a winding road up the side of the hill with Lake Toluca a glittering memory in his rear-view mirror as the pine-covered slopes rise in leaps and bounds that he must drive a curling path around. As he goes, the temperature steadily drops and it seems a little colder in the car than it otherwise should. A little heating soon fixes that and before too long, just as he's getting used to this long, scenic trip, there's a break in the pine trees and a sign post that declares 'Toluca Radio Station'. Turning onto that dirt road and following it for a bit finds a radio station with a tall few radio towers clustered around a log cabinet on the peak of one of Silent Hill's hills. There's a single battered red pick up parked outside. That's not his friend's car.

Return to “Earlier Chapters”