CHAPTER ONE: Travis' Journey: Arrival

Herein you will find the earlier chapters of those unlucky enough to visit the quaint little tourist town with a weight in their hearts.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 5 months

Re: Travis' Journey: Arrival

Post by Laine »

"They do sound like people that maybe you wouldn't want to talk about. They also sound very frightening. Earlier it sounded like you were afraid of being punished."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

Walter sinks lower into the bathtub. "They want to show me the angels ... to remind me.... I don't want to see the angels again."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Angels?? This person is very damaged indeed..I wonder what kind of doctor his father was.

"I am sorry, I guess some people have very strong religous beliefs. I personally don't have many at all..I will be here for the time being, Walter, if you should need anything. "
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Walter nods and bows his head and is silent for a long moment before he begins muttering toward the water. "I need to leave. They'll come for me. I need to go. They'll find me. I don't want to go back. I don't want to see it again. Don't want to see the angels. I can feel it, though. I can feel them looking for me. The euphoria ... the euphoria ... I need to go. Can't stay. The drugs, they're binding me ... so addictive ... this euphoria ... so calming ... but I don't want to see it and I know how ... the drugs don't always ... but sometimes ... if you know ... if you look ... Alessa, I'm sorry ... there's nothing left for me here ... you're all dead ... aren't you? Dead or missing ... I'm so sorry ... I didn't mean to ... it wasn't my fault ... I couldn't do anything ... are you mad? Of course you're mad. I shouldn't have come here ... it was true ... all true ... I see that now ... I'm sorry ... so sorry...." He continues to ramble the same basic concepts over and over again.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Self deprication is something I am no stranger to.

Travis will turn away from the door for the time being and will approach, Emily.

"He really seems not present or very lucid. Do you happen to know how long the effects of the drug last?"
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Post by Kadael »

She shakes her head, still averting her eyes regardless of whether or not she's even at a good angle. "I'm a library assistant, Travis. Not a doctor."

Briefly, she thinks of Alchemilla. She can't blame Walter for avoiding it. Hospitals are gloomy places, and Alchemilla even more so. "Maybe someone at-" she glances at the bathroom, then mouths 'the hospital' - "would know these things... but I don't think we should leave him like this."
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

"It seems like there is no one at the hospital he trusts? Are there any family practice physicians or therapists in town that he might be morecomfortable with? Surely there must be someone in town he doesn't have a history with. I know he wants to leave, but I am unsure about that as well.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"There are some smaller clinics around... but it's pretty late." Emily checks the time with her phone. "I think they'd all be closed."
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

"So do we just way out the night here then?"

Travis seems uncertain about what he should do.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The hotel telephone rings, startling them both with its sudden, demanding tone.

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

A jolt of nervous energy passed through Travis' body at the ringing of the phone, it's almost as though the ringing is emanating through him. He moves closer towards the bathroom door.

"Walter, were you expecting anyone to call?"
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Emily jumps to her feet. Once she sees that Travis isn't going for the phone, she walks over and picks up the receiver.

"Hello?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"You should leave before things get worse, little lady," croaks an elderly woman's voice.

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Emily's eyes go wide, and she drops the handset. Who is - why - how do they know she's here?

She cautiously peers out the window, flinging any curtains aside.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The sun is setting and the world is growing more gloomy but she can't make out anything more than the beautiful pine trees and the courtyard behind the building with the beautiful hedgerows and the sparkling Lake Toluca. There's no sign of anyone out there but who can be certainly, really, that they hadn't been seen going inside.

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Travis awkwardly walks towards the window where Emily is standing.

"Emily, who was that?"
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

There's a quiver in her voice as she turns away from the window. "I don't know. But they know we're here."
Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Travis moves towards the phone as quick as he can and will hang it up on the receiver.
Before hand he had been wary innregards to the police but now that he feels threatened he will resort to to dialing the authorities.

"Emily, we have to call the police if we are being threatened, no matter how Walter thinks."

He doesn't bother trying to speak to whoever is on the other line before he dials the police or 911.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"911, what is your emergency?" asked a professional woman's voice on the other end. Travis doesn't know the local police off the top of his head.

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

OOC,what roll would my character need to make a connection about other ethnogens that have been used for therapeutic or ritualistic purposes?

Return to “Earlier Chapters”