CHAPTER ONE: Cole's Journey: Lock & Key

Herein you will find the earlier chapters of those unlucky enough to visit the quaint little tourist town with a weight in their hearts.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Re: Cole's Journey: Lock & Key

Post by Laraqua »

Crichton Street. Not far from the bar now. Cole heads down the street and finds himself walking along a large building that seems somewhat familiar in shape and size. What was it again? It's not until he sees the flashing lights - no sirens - reflected in the glass windows and doors that he realises he's stepped out in front of the police station. The windows are dark as though there's not a light on inside. The warped police sirens can still be heard, but not at the intersection, further east through the city. In the flickering red-blue lights, he can make out a series of bloody footprints that lead into the police station. With his eyes downcast, Cole notices that he's leaving his own bloody footprints. His own shoes are stained with blood, spattered up around the pant legs.

His mind returns to that puddle he'd stumbled through....
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Garrett
Adept
Adept
Registered for: 11 years 11 months

Post by Garrett »

HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON? Not knowing what else to do I continue running in the opposite direction trying to make it back to my car.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Cole runs down Crichton Street in a near panic, his footfalls sounding hard on the asphalt and then concrete as he rushes along only for his right foot to keep dropping down, down, down beyond where it should go. Instinctively, he jerks backward, flinging himself over to counterbalance his forward momentum, and crashing down onto his bottom, scraping it against the concrete. His legs dangle down the edge of the sidewalk, down against the rough edges of the street.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

Another crater? Whatever, just get to the car. I think as I stand back up and continue running back to the bar
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The only way back to the bar is to cross Sagan Street which the police station overlooks.

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

Okay, just sneak by the police station, you'll be fine. I tell myself determined to get to my car and out of this town.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Cole sneaks past the police station on the other side of the road. He takes a more cautious pace and comes to a halt before the chasm that opens out before the intersection ... preventing him from turning onto Wilson Street.

None of these chasms were here before.

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

"FUCK IT, I'M WALKING!" I yell before turning around and walking in the general direction that leaves town, much more frightened by whatever silent beast made these things then by the notion I could be arrested.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

As he starts heading back, he hears gunshots coming from inside the police station and sees muzzle flashes through the glass. "Holy shit!" shouts a man's voice from somewhere inside.

Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

As he starts heading back, he hears gunshots coming from inside the police station and sees muzzle flashes through the glass. "Holy shit!" shouts a man's voice from somewhere inside.

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

I think for a moment, it seems like whatever is going on has the police occupied and I could use a better gun, I pause to check my clip, six bullets, or at least some more ammo. I slowly creep up to the police station and try to peek inside.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

It's too dark inside. Cole can't see anything but the flashing police lights reflected in the darkened glass. He can hear something, though. A few more gunshots and the sound of a door slamming. The doors themselves are, unsurprisingly, unlocked and the handle moves easily under Cole's hand should he choose to open the door. He can't hear anythingmore but he does feel exposed standing out on the street. Yes, it's foggy and nothing should be able to see him but that didn't save whoever left the blood slush puddle by that farm house.

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

I slowly creep inside pistol out and ready to fire.
-If I see a policeman I raise my hands and claim to be a civilian looking for help.
-If I see a monster I fire at it until its dead and search the building for an armory.
-If nothing I immediately begin searching.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Cole creeps into the police station, holding his breath so as not to make any noises. The lights are out and everything has been thrown into darkness. He can feel that the floor is smooth, perhaps linoleum, and that the air is still warm though there's no sound of air flow which suggests that the heaters have only recently been turned off. He still can't hear or see anything in here.
Show,we'll keep the same Spot Hidden and Listen rolls for the rest of this scene unless there's something new that comes up.

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

Gun ready I speak in a loud voice, loud enough to carry throughout the building. "Is anyone in here?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

No response. There may not be anyone in this room. Hopefully. Perhaps if he shouted louder, whoever slammed a door might hear him. His nose picks up the scent of gunpowder in the air. The shots had been coming from somewhere forward and to the right of him.

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

I try to find a light-switch or some kind of map while staying on high alert. If I can't find one I simply start searching the building.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There's no light switch on this side of the room though as Cole makes his way around, hands sliding across one door, and then a wall before reaching a gap that he tentatively crosses, he slowly comes across the police station counter and, running his fingers experimentally across the desk, comes across a computer, several files and a round, tubular object that he soon realises is a flashlight. Switching it on, he sweeps the beam around the room and notes splatters of blood across the floor. There's an old building plan folded up on the desk that shows the lay outof the police station. There's a corridor that crosses through the lobby, one door behind the counter and two doors that lead into the toilets.

Garrett
Adept
Adept

Post by Garrett »

Well I can definately count the bathrooms out, I guess I'll just keep to the right wall and check every door I pass until I find what I'm looking for or come full circle.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The first two doors are Interview Room A and Interview Room B. They're both unlocked and he could check inside if he wanted to. The next room is called Processing, which is a nice word for fingerprinting, photographing, and making people wait if what Cole's heard on the criminal grapevine is true. Other than that there's another door in the middle of this corridor that heads into another corridor if the map is to be believed. He could check out any one of those rooms, head through the corridor, or check the other side.

Return to “Earlier Chapters”