CHAPTER ONE: Walter and Emily's Journey: Entrapment

Herein you will find the earlier chapters of those unlucky enough to visit the quaint little tourist town with a weight in their hearts.

Moderator: Laraqua

Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Re: Walter and Emily's Journey: Entrapment

Post by Seon »

"You know," Walter said, putting the CD in. "Deus Ex Human Revolution the game was all about the ethics of mankind trying to steal the fires from the gods by endulging in cybernetics and bioengineering sciences. In the end, it's left for the player to choose whether or not the goal was just."
Last edited by Seon on Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

The screen flickers blue and then flickers to static but somewhere, through all the static, comes a voice and the vague outlines of strange symbolism.

A girl's voice rises from the crackling static. So familiar yet so hard to recognise. "...can't ... if you c ... ear this ... it's t ... and I ... eed you ... alter ... ease ... n't go ... ease ... n't be ... aired ... oo lay ... want ... ee ... gain ... iss ... ever ... sorr ... n't le ... go ... ay the ... coming. I ... um f ... oo ... ate jus ... for m ... ease. I jus ... eed m ... ime. Nee ... me. Sh ... ost ... er ... ter ... an be ... ver ag ... ooon."
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"That... that's not a game," Emily whispers, barely audible over the girl's voice.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Walter frowned. "Okay, where the FREAK did this DVD come from?"

He threw up his arms. "Bulletproof windows, chained doors, and creepy DVDs! What's next? Would a monster emerge from the TV, waving two large swords in place of its arms?"
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

It's really not a possibility, but Emily slams her finger on the power button anyway.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The television flicks off.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Walter, frustrated, kick the chained. Was there truly nothing inside the room which he could use to escape? Perhaps there were something in the cupboards or the closets or something.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The bedside cabinet contained a box of Ansell extra-lubricated condoms, a pair of fluffy, black handcuffs and an old, dusty bible. The writing desk contained a ream of fresh paper and a box of blue Bic pens. The refridgerator contained a Health Drink, two Mothers, a dozen small sample-sized alcohol bottles, and five small cereal + yoghurt combination plastic bowls. The closet contains two of his suitcases that he knows contains little more than clothing. As much as he might've liked to carry a gun in Silent Hill, they generally don't give them to tourists. There was a bag of cheet-os in one of them, though. There's nothing else in the room, though at least they won't starve for at least a couple days. More, in fact, if the running water from the bathroom holds out for them.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Seriously?" Walter said, waving the box of condoms and the handcuffs. "Who put these junk in here?"

He threw them away into some corner of the room and picked up the bible. A condom, a handcuff, and a bible. An odd assortment of items indeed. He picked open a page.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Emily blushes heavily at the condoms (and the handcuffs, once she realizes what they are) and flops down on the couch, face in her hands.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The bible is as ordinary as they come judging by the various printed words.

The Kauffman family tree on the inner leaf is a bit interesting, though. It dates back to the first Kauffman settlers in 1823.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Is this...my family bible or something?" Walter muttered. He began to read the family tree in as much detail as possible.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Emily peeks between her fingers, then hops off the couch and goes over to Walter. "Something interesting?"

She looks over his shoulder at the Bible.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The family tree is conspicuously slender and, judging by some of the way the branches intermingle, not only did few children survive to maturity but those that did had a tendency to inter-marry siblings or, at best, nieces/nephews and cousins.

John Kauffman (born 07/19/1803; died 04/13/1843) --- Mary Kauffman (born 03/21/1801; died 02/15/1856) are the first pair recorded here.

One other name is recorded who seems to have actually married outside of the family line:
Who Had Three children: Doris Jennerman (born 02/06/1833; died 03/04/1888) ------ James Jennerman (born 03/04/1813; died 03/06/1881)

Even Walter's own mother and father seem to have been cousins. Dianne and Dr. Michael Kauffman.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"No..." Walter muttered. "Just another senseless junk. Although I guess someone clever could have hidden something more in the book. Don't see anything that can be a page number though."
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

The family tree disturbs Emily a bit, but she shakes it off. If it's junk, it's junk...

She's certainly strayed from her mother's faith since she left home, but she still feels some desire to read through its pages. The verses are lovely, at least in intention...

"Could I take a look at that when you're done?"
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Sure, why not?" Walter said, tossing her the book.
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Emily sits down on the couch and puts the Bible in her lap, opening to a random page.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The Bible looks to be the regular Bible, despite the junk written on the inner cover. All of the psalms and proverbs are where they should be. It hasn't even been highlighted at all.

There's the sound of a wheeled cart out in the hall. Emilyhears it and so does Walter.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"The housekeeper!" Walter yelled. He ran towards the door and started to beat it as hard as he could. "Hey! It someone out there?!"

Return to “Earlier Chapters”