CHAPTER ONE: Walter and Emily's Journey: Entrapment

Herein you will find the earlier chapters of those unlucky enough to visit the quaint little tourist town with a weight in their hearts.

Moderator: Laraqua

Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Re: Walter and Emily's Journey: Entrapment

Post by Seon »

"What else could it be, though? It all makes sense this way," Walter muttered. "Answering machine? That's... that's not much worse from nobody picking up. Or there being no ringtone at all..."

Walter groaned and sat on the bed next to Emily. "We are so dead. Even if this isn't my dying dream. I...I don't think.... whoever that locked us in here... he's....she's....it's...going to come back..."
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"We're not dead," Emily says, balling her hands into fists. "We'll get out somehow. I... maybe I'm not sure how, but we will."

Her eyes meet his for a second. Then she looks away, and traces a line in the bedspread with one finger.

"So... are you feeling any better?"
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Yes...I think I am," Walter muttered. "As much as a person who finds himself trapped inside a room by chains can feel, I guess."
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Emily shrugs, and pulls her knees up to her chest. The silence grates on her ears.

What now?

"Maybe we could break them with something heavy, or... or file holes in some of the links, if there's anything here..."
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Sure. I am getting tired of waiting anyways," Walter muttered. He walked around the room in order to look for anything that could be used to either break the windows or the chains.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

There's a wooden chair standing at the writing desk that could be used to break the windows but there's nothing that could be used to snap through those solid metal chains.

Watch this if you want to see the room in motion. The only difference is there is a DVD player, a telephone, and a bar fridge (and the chains).
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Emily idly kicks at the air, her eyes following Walter as he moves. She could almost forget that he thinks she's a hallucination.

It must be the White Claudia, really. God, it lasts long.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Quick, give me a hand, if you have one," Walter muttered. He took the wooden chair and began to hit the windows with it.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The window glass shakes vaguely in its frame but doesn't so much as crack, leaving Walter with sore, jarred upper arms.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Emily jumps up and starts pacing, occasionally scuffing at the carpet with her shoes - she hasn't taken her shoes off all night...

"Housekeeping will try to come in, right? Or the management when you don't check out?"

With a slight whimper, she rushes to one of the windows and presses her palms to the glass. What's out there?
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

She can vaguely make out hedge rows beneath the window but not a whole lot else.

She can't even make out the lake that she knows should be out there somewhere.

She does notice a videogame has fallen down the back of the television cabinet and when she looks down at the player she sees it plays both DVDs and Videos.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Die," Walter muttered as he dropped the chair and collapsed on the bed face first. "We are gonna die in here," he let out a sad little chuckle. "Nobody's going to come around to save us. In fact, I think I remember thinking of a storyline like this for my horror novel."
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Emily picks up the video game and looks at the cover.

When Walter flops onto the bed, she turns around and sits next to him. "We're not going to die," she says again, though with a loss of conviction.

She sighs. "Tell me about your novel."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The videogame is Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Basically a person gets trapped inside a haunted hotel room then burns the room down along with himself so that none would ever face the same hardship that he went through," Walter said matter-of-factly. "Not that it really matters anymore."

Beat.

"Hey, what's that videogame doing here?"
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

A... burning hotel? Does that sound familiar...?

She passes the game to him. "I don't know. It fell on the floor."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Lakeview Hotel burned down over a decade ago before being rebuilt very recently.

The Fire Investigation Team thought it had something to do with an old radiator that was left near some very flammable curtains.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Walter opened the videogame box. "This doesn't make any sense. Does DVD player accept game discs now?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The box contains an unmarked DVD-R.

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"I don't know." Emily leans over to get a closer look. "Try putting it in the player."

She gets up to grab the remote off the couch and turn the TV on.

Return to “Earlier Chapters”