Travis' Journey: Realisation

Herein you will find the earlier chapters of those unlucky enough to visit the quaint little tourist town with a weight in their hearts.

Moderator: Laraqua

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte
Registered for: 12 years 6 months

Re: Travis' Journey: Realisation

Post by Laine »

"Not that is coming to mind at the moment, but if I recall anything perhaps we can speak more? Though I wouldn't know how to reach you, but you seem to have an odd talent to find others. Please, let me know if I can help."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 8 months

Post by Laraqua »

"You know what? I like you. You may be right." Vincent sighed. "I'm unsure of what you could do to help, though... Hmm, perhaps you could go back to the hotel? See if they're in that room and, if not, find out why? After everything that's happened, he might be a tad cautious around a local like myself. If he's not there, come and meet me at the Historical Society on Nathan Avenue. We'll talk more there." With that, he opens the door and heads out into the corridor.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Why would Walter be cautious if they grew up together? I guess that may not necessarily mean that they are friends..

Travis can't help but still feel uneasy by the presence of Vincent and how he knew where to find him and where he had been. Still, he might be the only hope of finding Walter and Emily if they have indeed gone missing.

I have to finish my commitment to this school before I leave. What kind of books can I find here?

Travis will look through the selection of books for any in regards to fairy tales, books about emotions and although it is an elementary school library anything on the history of Silent Hill as well.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

There are a number of Enyd Blyton books such as the Magic Faraway Tree and other delicious tales though nothing that would work for Pre-K children, really. Plenty of fairy-tale and emotion-driven fare here though not much in the way of psychology texts. There are, however, a number of books either on the region or local history novels penned by this or that local individual. They're in the non-fiction section for History but he can't find anything that looks all that juicy from a cursory inspection. He'll need to go through them one by one if he hopes to find anything.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

OOC,may my character make extended rolls if he takes the time to stay in the library?

I'd like to get a copy of The Giving Tree for my classroom, it was my favorite book as a young child.

Travis looks up and realizes it is time to head back to cover the receptionist desk, he will return later when he has more time during the lunch break.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Travis finds its dead quiet at the reception desk. No phone calls. No visitors. Nothing. He's pretty much left to prepare his school plan, muse, and think about things. It takes a staggering amount of time, or so it feels, for the clock to inch toward lunchtime. Finally, the clocktower tolls and he is freed to do as he wishes for 45 minutes.
Hide,Yes, he may. 1 roll per hour (or close enough). You can still research the town history by grabbing random books and will learn something from it - it just won't be as juicy as with a successful Library Use roll but may still be insightful.

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Both Emily and Walter came to this school..I wonder what kind of tales they read as they grew up.

Travis will take the entire lunch hour to look up books in regards to History, fairy tales, any notes children may have left behind in order to get a better sense of the nearly missionary philosophy of this school.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Travis searches through the library, deciding to start over and take a look around first, to get a really good vibe for the library set up. It's not a big library, after all, so it's worth-while checking out all of the different topics they have here. It's while he's looking over the Natural Sciences shelf that he notices a book has fallen down behind all of the other shelves and is lying on its side, slightly squished behind all of the others. He reaches back there and tries to wriggle out the book but the book case, contrary to all expectations considering its size, tilts suddenly overhead and comes crashing down. The wood crashes against his head, sending his ears ringing, even as the book case dumps books all over him. At least he can access that odd-looking leather-bound book now.

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

It takes quite some time to recover from the shock of the shelf hitting him. He was always easily bruised and had little to no pain tolerance, even a scraped knee could bleed for quite a while and he'd complain for days afterwards. Even as an adult it was difficult to hold back tears in situations like these.

I don't deserve to be here; I've done more harm than good , already

He focuses on trying upright the shelf and reorganize the books before he can concentrate on the book that interests him.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Travis lifts up the bookcase with surprising easeand makes significant headway in re-stocking the shelves before turning his attention to the rather slim book. It couldn't have more than 50 pages inside of it, if that. It has a simple cover with an even simpler title: Toluca. A faint sense of unease settles over Travis as he regards the book. An intuitive feeling that he should just leave that book alone and get out of the library now.

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Travis examines the book, the front and back without opening it. Old books always fascinated him but the words of his overly religious grandfather seemed to call to him "the only book you need in life is the book of the Lord!.

Why after all these years should I think of him now? Still, perhaps Toluca refers to the prison Emily spoke of?

Travis continues to take in the texture of the book and it's leather has an appealing feel to it.

I am not censoring the children from literature, but perhaps a book such as this isn't age appropriate for elementary school students...

He takes the book and puts it in his hand bag..

Perhaps later, but I need to get back to the from desk and check in with Mr. Ross about Emily..

Travis turns to leave the library hoping it's not too much of a disaster after he was done.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The lunch break was long enough to put most of the books away in their proper place and to pile away the rest. It doesn't take long to pass through the couple dreary corridors with their noticeboards covered in announcements, good behaviour advertising, and children's art to reach the reception desk. Principal Ross is tilted back in his chair with his feet up on the table and a book in his hand. He slams upright, suddenly noticing Travis, and makes a motion to hide the book, before thinking better of it and putting it on the table. "Mr. Yates?"

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

"Hello, Mr.Ross I was just getting back to work. Have you heard from Emily at all?"
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"No, nothing. Her home phone rang out and her mobile phone is either disconnected or out of range. Her mother hasn't seen her, either. I'm starting to worry about her. I think I'll drop by her place after work. If there's still no sign of her, I'll call the police." He frowned. "But that's something for me to worry about. You go do whatever it is you've been doing, yeah?"

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

I was just expressing concern.

Travis decides to not take the blunt tone of the principal personally.
It is his job after all..

"Well, I could continue filling in for her here if you would like me to. She showed me the sign out procedure so I could do that as the children leave at the end of the school day."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"That would be fantastic, thank you," said Principal Ross, looking back at his paperwork.

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

I'll just try to keep my head down for the rest of the day..there is a whole other day of work before me after I am done here..

Travis will dutifully sign children out as the day draws to a close. When he is done with his clerical support duties he will call a taxi to take him back to the book store where be hopes to retrieve his car that he left the night before.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

It's a long day and he doesn't get to leave until around 4:30PM, by which point his stomach is growling at him with hunger. His car is precisely where he left it but he finds that the passenger side door is unlocked. Did he leave it unlocked when he parked it here?

Laine
Acolyte
Acolyte

Post by Laine »

Hmm...I usually lock my door..

Calvin was a child who enjoyed exploring at at an early age. When they were six Calvin played doctor on Travis' body and had Travis play with his. Lock the door, so your dad doesn't find us... that sounded good in theory but it back fired when dad tried the door knob and kicked the door in when he discovered it locked and he proceeded to beat them both.

When Travis was 12 he locked his step sister in her room with him or rather he locked his step mother out. None of her dolls survived that episode as Travis cut all their heads off with a pair of scissors. Let me cut your hair pretty and short... but before he could his step mother got the door open and had him sent away back to his mother's house..

"I always lock the door.."

Travis will open his car door and search around with a sense of paranoia.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Everything seems to be in its place but he keeps his car so tidy it would be impossible to tell if someone had been through his things.

Return to “Earlier Chapters”