Page 1 of 1

CHAPTER ONE: Cole's Journey: Lock & Key

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:36 am
by Laraqua

Cole finds himself driving along Sagan Street from over the bridge to Central Silent Hill. The town is rather quaint with its somewhat faded paint and very 1990s feel. The sun has already fallen behind the hills and the sky itself is a smattering of yellows and pinks reflected against the clouds and in this waning light he can see people heading home after a long day of retail. It is, after all, the tourist season, which works for him because people are less likely to notice a stranger in a tourist town during the tourist season. The town itself is a little cooler than the summer months suggest, sheltered as it is between hills and a lake whose glittering blueness was glimpsed many times during his winding drive through the hills.

There's a police station to his left as he crosses the crossroads and it seems rather large compared to the stores and stalls that crowd the streets around it. One street later and he follows Simmons Street left. Well, with the police so close to his location there's a good chance their response time will catch him in the act if he's not suitably cautious and cunning. He passes the Silent Hill Town Center, an enormous mall, and spots the Antique Green Lion stall to his right and beyond that, down the street, is Father Vincent's home.

At least there's not much in the way of security fences and the balconies would give him access to a second floor. Besides which, people often forget to lock their balcony doors. Unfortunately, the whole front of the house is very much exposed by the street lighting and anyone gazing out their windows would see his approach. Heading further down the streets, he finds the houses and buildings quickly peter out into farmland. There doesn't appear to be a proper grid layout street that folds back behind Simmons Street so maybe there's just forrest and farmland behind that as well.

Re: Cole's Journey: Lock & Key

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:50 am
by Garrett
I let out a disappointed sigh, it always makes me feel powerful to go straight through the front door with my lock-picking skills; makes me feel like some kind of bad ass wraith. Looks like that wont be possible here, well regardless I'm certainly not gonna try anything during daylight; even if the sun is going down. I pull the car around trying to find a hotel, preferably one within walking distance to the church. A bar would also help; someplace I can socialize.

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:49 am
by Laraqua
Tramps Bar and Restaurant Dai Dai are both possibilities and sit on the corner of Koontz and Wilson Street, within easy walking distance of the location he has in mind. Tramps Bar is a very small little booze place with rundown brown wallpaper, a few booths by the cramped windows, and a row of stools by a rather scarred counter. It'd look like a nice and seedy pub if someone hadn't thought to decorate a series of shelves with a series of porcelain animals or put up family friendly posters for community theatre group productions over at Artaud Theatre.

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:02 am
by Garrett
I pull my car to Tramps parking lot and park as far away from the bar and street as I can. I stroll in with a light hearted grin on my face as I enter. I take a seat at the bar, light a cigarette and look around to see if there's anything or anyone of interest.

ooc: What day is it in game?

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:19 am
by Laraqua
The bar is pretty full for a dingy place but he manages to find a stool amongst the tourists as they babble about sightseeing locations and show each other photographs on their iPhones. It's a Thursday night in a tourist town. Tomorrow would be even worse. The bartender is a pretty rough looking guy with tattooed arm 'sleeves' visible under his short-sleeved top. His elderly mother can be seen making coffees from the barrista machine.

The male bartender looks him up and down. "Look, there's no smoking in bars in this state so you better not light that thing."

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:25 am
by Garrett
"Terribly sorry sir, I just entered the state and wasn't aware." I say quickly pocketing the unlit cigarette and smiling warmly.
"I'd sure love a cup of that coffee there mad'am" I say politely to the elderly woman, thinking it might piss off this man if I didn't order something. Once she is out of ear shot I turn back to the bartender, looking around first and trying to appear uncomfortable.
"Hey uh... your a local right? Would the local priest still be at the church, I uh, kind of need to make a confession."

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:48 am
by Laraqua
"What's your denomination?" asked the bartender, now kindly once the cigarette has been put away. "We have a few. There's the Balkan Church over on Bloch Street though I think that's more of a local faith, the Lutheran Church just off Acadia Road by the theatre but that priest is probably in bed by now, St. Stella Church which is Catholic and the priest is likely in, and that's about it."

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:03 am
by Garrett
"I'm catholic, sorry I didn't realize that all Christians made confession here. ... Ugh, I'd hate to bother the priest this late though, do you know when he'll be in tomorrow?"

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:32 am
by Laraqua
"I know jack all about what Christians do," says the bartender. "I just know where the churches are and a bit about some of the priests."

Posted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:23 pm
by Garrett
"Fair enough, well thanks pal I'll let you get back to your customers." As soon as he's gone I start making friendly small talk with other patrons and drink plenty of caffeine. Around two A.M if I'm talking to anyone I excuse myself for a cigarette and leave the bar. I quickly sneak to my car and retrieve my coat and gloves, which I don, my tazer, my rope, and my safe cracking gear. I then creep from behind the houses carefully, keeping them in sight until I reach Father Vincent's home. I look carefully before proceeding.

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:29 am
by Laraqua
Cole has to head further on down the street to get behind the houses without being too obvious about it because the buildings here are generally quite crowded around the town center. The streets themselves are deserted and a light mist has begun to roll in off the lake, causing the street lights to emit an almost eerie glow. Somewhere, in the distance, a dog yowls. But for that, it'd be easy to convince himself that the town was deserted if not for the chinks of light coming from behind the curtains. The chill seems to seep through his clothing though there isn't any wind to drive it. Stepping out on a dirt path that weaves off the road amongst the farmland, Cole strides into the darkness, guided only by the wan light of the moon bleeding through the clouds. He follows the path a short while, then hops a fence and heads past a barn filled with softly clucking hens, and continues in a relatively straight line until he finds the line of fencing that backs the various houses. He follows that line of fencing for a short while until he spots the right house, and then he peeks up and over it.

It's a small yard with several rose vines scrabbling over the brick fence, a Maple tree off to one side, and a large dog house in the corner with a bowl of water in front of it. There's two rear balconies onto the second floor and a rear door set into an alcove.

Posted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 4:38 am
by Garrett
"Shit. That dog can only be a nuisance." I whisper to myself as I take out my tazer. I use my expertise to silently hop over the fence and to the dog house,
-if its inside I quickly zap it with my tazer while it has no room to dodge.
-if it isn't I hide behind the dog house away from the manor waiting for it to come.

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:37 am
by Laraqua
Cole fails to climb over the fence on his first try and the sharp rose thorns dig into his hands. He takes a deep breath and tries again, this time successfully climbing up and over it. He does it all without so much as a whisperfrom his clothing. Landing nimbly on the other side, he drops to a duck and creeps over to the dog's house only to find a small, white fluffy dog in the kennel.

http://www.animalsource.co.uk/ekmps/sho ... 1625-p.jpg

It looks up at Cole as he approaches and licks the air in a yawn. Cole has plenty of room to taze the dog while it waits inside.
Spoiler:
Show, I tried to include the picture but it won't do it so I'm linking it instead. Tell me if you're still going to taze the dog. It's all good but I figured that the slightly different information than what you may have expected may, or may not, change Cole's actions and I wasn't going to decide for you.

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:12 am
by Garrett
As soon as I see a living thing in the house I lash out at it, seeing it's a small dog I have tazed I pause for a moment. It still might throw a barking fit and alert someone, don't screw up your job. With a sigh I pull out my knife and slit the small animals throat, careful not to get any blood on my clothing. Poor thing. I think as I briefly watch the crimson blood make a growing stain on its white fur. It's almost beautiful in a screwed up way. I then proceed to check the house, careful to stay in the shadows, for any alarm systems. Staying out of view of the front of the house.
-if there are none I immediately pick the lock and enter the back door, making my way upstairs to the master bedroom, silently of course.
-if there are I attempt to disable it before doing the following.

P.S. I don't know if I ever specified this but Cole's tazer is a hand held not the gun version.

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:15 am
by Laraqua
There's a sticker on the rear door saying that it's protected by Incarda Security although there's a chance that it's just a dummy sticker. Unfortunately, Cole doesn't know anything about electronics so while he can get the door
Show,I figured it was hand-held. Since you probably didn't figure Electrical Repair would be the skill for this kind of roll, feel free to re-distribute your points. On the other hand, if the core book states that Locksmith also covers electronic locks and security systems, feel free to copy / paste the write up in the OOC section. I don't have the book at hand.

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:23 am
by Garrett
OOC: I only have a physical copy of the book but it says The user may repair locks, make keys, or open locks with the aid of skeleton keys, picks, and other tools. Especially difficult locks may lower the chance of success. A locksmith can open car doors, hot-wire autos, jimmy library windows, figure out Chinese puzzle boxes, and penetrate ordinary commercial alarm systems... I wouldn't have bothered with this skill in modern day if it couldn't handle alarm systems. =)
Still doing what I said above after I'm in.

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 5:46 am
by Laraqua
Cole quickly figures outthat the security system isn't connected to anything - the priest must'n't have bothered to keep up the payments or even do a full installation. All is quiet. The neighbours are hopefully all in bed and Father Vincent likely is as well. Or perhaps he'd be pouring over the Bible in preparation for getting a good night's rest. Cole unlocks the door and creeps inside a stubby corridor, flanked by doors, and with a painting hung against the wall.

A quick peek in the left door shows that it leads into a rather modern kitchen, all sleek black-and-white cupboards and stainless steel appliances. There's even a coffee machine sitting on a counter top that is the sort of top of the line normally reserved for expensive cafes. This priest really likes his coffee. There's likely another door in that room though Cole didn't see it in his quick peek. To the right is a dark and gloomy room as there's not much in the way of windows, or perhaps the curtains are really heavy, but there's a smell of old socks and washing powder that pervades the air.
Show,it's still useful in the modern day. Locked doors, cars, filing cabinets, drawers.... But I see what you mean that you'd need points elsewhere. You might want to consider re-distributing some points into Climb, though. 80% in Lockpick and Sneak is probably all you'll need but you don't want to have over a 1 in 2 chance of falling off that balcony you climbed onto.

Posted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:48 pm
by Garrett
I silently go through the kitchen looking for a staircase, figuring that the master bedroom is probably upstairs, I only take a brief look around before going through the next door in the kitchen.
-If I find the master bedroom and father Vincent I shock him with my tazer and tie him to a chair, I keep one of my strong hands on his throat to keep him from screaming before waking him up.
OOC: feel free to stop me if I skip ahead of something. On the note of what you said yesterday a big reason I have Sneak and Locksmith at 90 is for the sanity bonus. (I want my character to be very cool headed)Also I don't know what you mean about climbing on the balconies I said I entered through the back door, if a house like this didn't have a ground level back door it would have stairs or something leading up to the balcony, wouldn't it? Either way I don't plan to redistribute.

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 1:34 am
by Laraqua
The kitchen door opens up into a dining room with heavy dark curtains that block all of the light from outside but Cole's eyes have already adjusted and he can make out the shapes of the furniture ahead. Paintings hang on the walls, their images lost to the gloom. He steps carefully across the floorboards until he reaches an archway into a carpeted hallway and he slowly treks up the stairs to the upper floor. Light spills out from around the edges of one of the doors, revealing cream coloured carpet and simple darker cream wallpaper hung with other paintings that show places in silent hill. The light house, an earlier version of the police station, Artaud Theatre, and several of the lake and the hills. There's a total of five doors on this floor with one at the very end. It's a door to the left that has that light coming from it.
Show,you don't get a Sanity bonus unless your skill reach 90 through in-game skill bumps so if you want those Sanity bonuses you'll need to re-distribute anyway and wait for the next chapter. Feel free to copy/paste the alternative from the book if you can find it as I don't have access to the book during my breaks at work. As for Climb, I get what you mean, but figured that as a burglar you might sometimes need to climb walls. You've already had to climb a fence. It's all good, though. As for jumping ahead, you're giving me If / Then statements so that's cool with me. When you're with another player I'd suggest you just post your immediate next action and perhaps intentions, simply for pacing needs and because I normally have it be a Player - Player - Storyteller posting sequence and if you post a list of If / Then's, the other players won't know how to respond properly. So basically, for now it's all good and helps us speed things along. Later on, though, you'll need to stick with your immediate actions.

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:05 am
by Garrett
I slowly make my way to the room with the light, once I reach the outside of the door I take my gun out and quickly glance inside.
-If father Lawrence is in there and sees me I point my gun at him and tell him to be silent.
-If he isn't facing me I approach from behind and zap him with my tazer.
-If he isn't in the room I take a quick look around before checking the rest of them.

OOC: I modded my character sheet a little as per your advice.

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:31 am
by Laraqua

Cole manages to slip open the door and step into the room. Father Vincent is sitting behind his desk with his polished black shoes on the table, dressed in a tailored vest and slacks, while he reads a book and sips his coffee. An ugly brown rug lays on the floor with a seemingly occult design in thick red that takes up much of the room. There is no way to reach Vincent without stepping within the sigil though, of course, it would be meaningless, wouldn't it? Simply being a rug design. It would be an easy matter to step quietly forward and taze him in the shoulder.

Posted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:34 am
by Garrett
I pay the rug no mind upon seeing father Vincent, excited I move a bit faster though still quietly on the fastest path to him I can, paying no mind if the rug is in between us. I intend to wrap my arm around his neck and put my gun to his face, warning him not to cry out; if I am trapped in the circle I will merely point my gun at him.
Spoiler:
I have a strong feeling this will end bad but roleplaying wise Cole hasn't seen any supernatural shit yet and wouldn't be on guard for that kind of thing.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:32 am
by Laraqua
The tazer connects and the priest jolts, shaking as the volts course through his body. He shakes uncontrollably and then falls still with a gasp, allowing Cole a short period of time to do what needs to be done. Luckily, he's already sitting on a chair so that might make things simpler.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:50 am
by Garrett
After he is bound with the rope I slap him awake keeping my left hand on his throat, ready to crush his windpipe if he cries out. In my right hand I hold my gun to his face. As he wakes up I look deep into his eyes and keep my face close to his.
"Father Vincent I am here because you are in possession of a very valuable book that my employer wants, tell me where it is and you might just live through the night."
-If he refuses or feins ignorance I stab him in the leg with my knife, then twist the blade while crushing his throat so he can't cry out.
-If he directs me to another room I carry him with me to said room and retrieve it, I do the same as above if he tries to trick me.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:09 am
by Laraqua
Vincent's eyes widen as he comes back to his senses after about fifteen seconds of trembling, and Cole notices that one of his pupils is differently sized to the other. His lips quirk in a smile. "Which one? The one on the desk is a very valuable one that is ranked quite highly by Silent Hill. Perhaps you should try that one."

The book has a rather prosaic cover of the town with a view from the lake and is called Secrets of Silent Hill.

"Don't let the cover fool you. It's the cliff notes that matter."

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:16 am
by Garrett
I harden my gaze on him and squeeze his throat a little tighter.
"The book I'm looking for is worth over twenty grand, I doubt you have two that valueble and I really doubt you would have something like that without knowing what its worth, now are you sure that this is the book because I'm going to be very mad if your wrong." I say grabbing it and flipping through the pages, seeing if it fits the description I was given.
-If it does I slit his throat, once again careful not to get any blood on myself, and leave the way I came in. Returning immediately to my car with they intention of leaving town immediately.
-If not I stab him in the leg and demand he tell the truth.
I deleted the email about the book I was stealing,was I given a title or anything like that?

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:33 am
by Laraqua
The tome Cole is looking for is meant to have a stout leather cover with gold leaf in a particular pattern with a title also written in gold leaf: Hex Dahlia. It's still worth flipping open the book but the cliff-notes are written in pen on modern printed pages and the tome is meant to be written using an ink quill. Seeing that it's not the book he's after, Cole stabs him in the leg, demanding answers.

Father Vincent's breath hisses out between his teeth and he looks at Cole, really looks at him, as though only just seeing him for the first time. "I think I see...."

Blood runs down Vincent's legs onto the rug below, mixing with the dark carpet.

"Defixio, but I do have multiple books worth that much," he says, releasing his breath and looking at Cole as though the pain no longer hurts him. "I was stabbed before, did you know? Twice. Defixio." His gaze flicks off to one side. "I thought we were friends. "Well, hallus mei tute defixio. Do you think god will save me now?"

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:45 am
by Garrett
At the mention of God I grow angry, I strike him hard in the face to silence him. "Your more then a few screws loose aren't ya motherfucker?" I give him a detailed description of the book and demand again for him to tell me where it is. "Oh, and your not the first dumb ass who thought there was a God who cared enough about him to intervene on his behalf that I killed; so why don't you cut the bullshit?"
-if he starts saying anything other then the location of the book I squeeze his throat tight and cut him off, then stab him again this time in the face.
-If he does tell me the location, I go where he instructs keeping him with me and keeping a hand on his throat.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:13 am
by Laraqua
Vincent nods, smiling and revealing that he's been hit hard enough to make his gums bleed. "In the other room. In a safe."

Cole roughly drags him to his feet and Vincent hobbles in front of him, unsteady but for Cole's hands on him. Vincent staggers and almost falls, landing dead center on the rug and spitting up blood as he does so. Somewhere, out in the town, an air raid siren begins to blow its long, mournful tune. Or at least, it sounds like an air raid siren. It's certainly not coming from this house although why a town would allow something so very loud is beyond him.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:18 am
by Garrett
Ah well, as long as there not police sirens I don't need to worry about them, at least not for now. I grab Vincent roughly by the collar and lift him up. "If you pass out your not gonna like being woken up by me." Going into the next room I glance around for the safe and upon finding it, assuming I do, I shove him in front of it demanding he open it. Same punishment as above if he fools around or deceives me.
-If I get the book I do as I said above with slitting his throat and leaving.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:36 am
by Laraqua
"I won't pass out, promise," says Vincent, spitting more blood as he's dragged to his feet, though he's at least clever enough to avoid trying to spit it at Cole. He stumbles forward, dripping more blood on the rug, and makes it to the door as Cole wrenches it open and shoves him through it. The corridor is dark and it's hard to hold Vincent , a knife, and a flashlight at the same time, but there's enough light spilling out from the bedroom to light their way. Cole shoves open the next room and finds a library with thick glass cases arranged beneath the windows, each one with a book and keypad. In between the windows are various book cases, filled with tomes of varying eras, and in the center of the room sits a writing desk and a chair. A woman stands in the middle of the room, to the left of the chair, wearing a red cardigan and a white dress. Her blonde hair hangs loose around her shoulders, a white cap on her hair, like an old-fashioned nurses. She wears low heeled red shoes, no stockings.

Before Cole can react, she turns around and looks at him with big, desperate eyes. "Hello? I'm lost." She doesn't seem to notice the knife or Vincent's blood, but she is silhouetted in the street lights that provide an almost angelic glow against the window glass, while Cole and Vincent are framed against a darkened hallway.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:48 am
by Garrett
I felt my pulse quicken, what was this? Who was she? Thinking of nothing else to do I threw Vincent on the ground and pointed my knife at her, I spoke as I quickly approached her. "Who the fuck are you?" Screw it, doesn't matter. "Don't you dare move, if you run or scream he dies!" I say nodding at Vincent.
-if I reach her without incident I grab her and force her to the ground, I hold her there by the throat and demand Vincent get me the book I need.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:54 am
by Laraqua
Her gaze latches on the knife and she backs away, trying to move around the desk and keep it between them. "No, please, what're you doing ... I don't want to die!" She looks pretty young, somewhere between sixteen and nineteen, though she'd surely have to be a little older to be a nurse, if indeed she is one. His gaze intent on her, he lunges over the desk toward herbut she backpeddles out of the way too quickly. He tries againbut she's too fast for him.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:05 am
by Garrett
Frustrated I put the knife away, I keep my hand in my pocket so that I can grab my tazer though I don't reveal this. I stop moving forward and try to look sympathetic at her. "Look sweetheart I really don't want to hurt you." I said not at all dishonest, I hate hurting woman, especially one as young as her, makes me feel like a bully. I tried to make my voice sound tender. "Just do what I say and I won't have to. Sit down" I say almost pleadingly beckoning to the desk near me. I back away just enough that she could approach it without getting too close to me. I glance over my shoulder to make sure Vincent hasn't moved.
-If she does as I say I slowly approach, stopping if she moves away. I attempt to keep a calm demeanor.
-If she continues running I point my gun at her, and in an oppenly begging voice plead with her to sit down.
If I need to I'm using fast talk here,unless that causes problems.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:33 am
by Laraqua
She pulls back against the book case, arms crossed over her chest, hands gripping at her elbows, and eyes wide and teary as she stares at him. "Please don't hurt me.... I don't know where I am."

Vincent has wormed his way out into the corridor and gives Cole a lopsided grin, before shoving the door shut with his feet. There's a dull, yet oh so loud groaning noise, like the earth itself is shifting then a thud from the other side of the door.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:35 am
by Garrett
"shit!" I say before running over to the door, beating it open to go after Vincent."

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:40 am
by Laraqua
The door is jammed. The handle turns but seems disconnected from anything, turning loosely in his hands.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:42 am
by Garrett
error

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:42 am
by Garrett
Using all my strength I attempt to force the door open, if Vincent makes it outside or to a phone I'm screwed. I only glance back to make sure the girl hasn't done anything before doing so.
-if the door opens I chase out looking for Vincent.
-If the door is un-movable I will quickly look for the book and flee out the window.
-If the door opens to some alien location I will ask the girl if she knows whats going on as I look for the book.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:53 am
by Laraqua
The door doesn't budge, no matter how hard Cole slams his shoulder against it. The girl screams and backs up into the corner of the room, further and further, each time he hurls himself against the wood. When he turns to look at her, her hands are balled into fists - not in aggression, but in fear - the nails curled into her palms. Then she grabs a book and slams it through one of the glass panes in the arched window and screams for help, cutting her hands as she tries to crawl through the small gap she has made.

Posted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:06 pm
by Garrett
"DAMMIT" I yell as I begin to sweat. I charge forward at her with the intention of tazing her while she can't dodge.
-If I succeed I quickly look for the safe and move to try and crack it. If its one of those portable ones I just pick it up and run.
-If she escapes or I hear sirens I follow her out the window and sprint for the woods/farmland outback. Intending to cut my losses and run from town.

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:30 pm
by Laraqua
Colehits her in the small of the back and she thrashes against the window sill, drawing blood and slashing open her belly and back against the shards of thick stained glass. She twitches and twists and her feet lose their grip against the floor as she begins to pitch forward out of the window. As Cole glances around, he can see the book he'd had described to him in one of the glass display cabinets to his right. He could try to grab her and save the woman, but he'd get blood all over himself.

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:11 pm
by Garrett
error

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:11 pm
by Garrett
DON'T BE STUPID, YOU'LL MESS UP THE JOB! I yell at myself as I fight the urge to help her. She wouldn't be hurt if she did what I said, its her own fault. I quickly turn and smash open the case by kicking it as hard as I can. Whatever, if the book is damaged I'll just give my employer a discount.
-If the glass is reinforced I blast it open with my dessert eagle, careful not to hit the book. When I have it I leave via the window, lowering myself as much as I can before jumping and fleeing as I planned.

Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:38 pm
by Laraqua
She pitches forward through the window and hits the ground below with a sharp snap followed by a dull thud as her head hits first followed by the rest of her body.

Cole heads to the display case and tries to kick it in but to no avail. He fires a shot at it and the bullet ricochets off the glass. Is that bulletproof glass? Something else?

He could try picking the lock but that gun shot will have definitely been heard.

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:31 am
by Garrett
Oh well, the police are probably already on their way. I quickly try to pick the lock before running away through the window, as described above. If the lock is unpick-able I run without the book.

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:52 am
by Laraqua
It's a numerical lock similar to that found on suitcases but it's relatively easy workto remove the mechanism so that it pops open without having to enter the code. He grabs the book, confident that he's still got time, and heads out onto the balcony, smashing the shards of glass out of their frames and then lowering himself to drop down without injury. Unfortunately, in his haste, he drops down onto the unmoving body of the woman and slips to the cement driveway, bruising his leg. He's in a foggy yard overlooking the street. Luckily, it looks to be a pea souper. He can barely make out the outline of a car parked on the opposite side of the road. He can head around the back or simply leg it down the street away from the town center to grab his car.

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:55 am
by Garrett
I quickly head around back, hurrying back to the bar. Upon arriving I immediately get in and start driving out of town, back to Boston.

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 6:48 am
by Laraqua
Cole heads back through the side gate, glancing over at the blood-streaked dog lying within its kennel, reaches out and grips the edge of the fence in preparation to haul himself over. He takes a deep breath, and jerks himself up, swinging his legs up and over to the ... yawning, fog-shrouded abyss below. He startles, his legs swinging back against the corrugated iron with a clatter, and he clings there, peering down, scarcely believing his eyes. A cliff drops away into nothingness revealing a few broken pipes seeping brackish water down the side of the tumble down rocks. If it weren't for the flashlight he'd held in his hand, that had briefly flashed down into the gloom, he would've vaulted out into nothing.

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:01 pm
by Garrett
WHAT THE FUCK? Was their alcohol in that coffee or something, am I hallucinating? As I land back on the ground I start breathing heavy. DAMN IT! I run around quickly, intending to take the street, still trying to cling to darkness and stay out of sight. I don't know where the hell that came from but it doesn't change that fact I'm on the run.

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:25 pm
by Laraqua
A police siren lends its mournful cry to the silent air as Cole runs around to the street itself, the sound coming from the direction of the town ... and his car. He could run off to the right into the farmland itself but it will be more difficult to get to the pub that holds his car.

Posted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:43 pm
by Garrett
SHIT! I quickly run around through the forest, desperately hoping that the police don't have a good description of me. At the least they probably don't know my car, I've gotten out of worse situations. I'll be fine.

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:50 am
by Laraqua
Cole ran down the sidewalk into the fog, passing the odd parked car, and seeing no lights in any of the windows. It's like everyone switched off to keep him from approaching them. At least he'll be well hidden under the cover of darkness and all of this fog. The sirens increase in volume as the police car draws nearer, then there's a terrific crash, the squeal of brakes, and an explosion of glass. The sirens twist and mangle as though the speakers were suddenly damaged. Up ahead, the gap between houses widen as he enters the more rural areas. Behind him, the street lights begin winking out, one after another, as though the darkness itself were chasing him.

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:08 am
by Garrett
I sigh and grip my gun a little tighter, Whatever at least those poor bastards wont bother me. I continue making my way around behind the houses, making a mental note of where those cars are so that I can avoid them when I get back in mine.

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:25 am
by Laraqua
It's somewhere south of this road so if he crosses the road to the other side and passes through the farm land on the other side of the wavy road and then again crosses the road west to the next street, he should be able to avoid them with relative ease. The lights wink out overhead and overtake him, leaving him in darkness. He'll need to use a flashlight if he doesn't want to stumble over lawn mowers, either that or move very slowly.

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:45 am
by Garrett
Light is a bad idea, I could be spotted; just take it slow and steady. I think as I slow my pace and look carefully.

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:53 am
by Laraqua
Cole steps carefully through the farm yards, hands held out in front of him as all the stars in the sky are blotted out by cloud and fog, and his fingers rasp against the edge of a wooden post-and-rail fence. His ears, hyper-sensitive to the smallest sound, can detect the rustling of branches and grasses all around him, and the sound of some small creature brushing through the undergrowth. Somewhere, in the distance, wood claps against wood repetitively, and the wind whistles through a gap in some building or another. The tang of smoke and ash teases his nostrils but he continues onward, stepping into a muddy slush that soaks into his sneakers with cold, before continuing on. He reaches the side of a wooden clapboard building and traces his way along it, finding boarded over windows and a verandah he walks cautiously around, and he continues forward until he reaches another fence, hops that, and comes out onto a dirt road which he crosses in the hopes that he is heading west. A dog barks distantly, angrily, but there seems to be no one around him.

He cuts straight across this farm, moving through the trees in the orchard, and comes out along another dirt road that he turns left on and follows in the hopes that it reaches Crichton Street, thus allowing him to have successfully doubled back to his car. There's a scent to the air - one of apple pie - and he can make out a vague blur of light in the distance, as though through windows. The wind seems to whisper to itself about him and the creaking of a nearby gate almost sounds like a guttural laugh. He stumbles over a pit in the road and falls forward against the edge of a ute, following it around to its dented side, and finding its bonnet folded up around a tree, the engine still ticking over and the metal still warm. He can't see if there's anyone inside through the cracked glass of the windshield. In fact, he wouldn't be able to tell it was cracked in the dark if his fingers hadn't felt the evidence itself.

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 2:59 am
by Garrett
What the fuck is going on? Whatever just more reason to get the hell out of town as fast as I can. I ignore the car and continue trying to find my way back to the bar.

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:13 am
by Laraqua
The dirt road hits a paved road with a street sign that he can't see in all of this darkness. He could simply go left and hope for the best, or risk flashing a light around. He can still hear the mangled sirens in the distance. Has no one thought to turn them off? His shoes are wet and the cold is starting to get to him.

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:22 am
by Garrett
It'll just be a second, I'll be fine. I quickly turn my flashlight on, aiming in advance, and read the sign. Still heading towards the bar.

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:46 am
by Laraqua
Crichton Street. Not far from the bar now. Cole heads down the street and finds himself walking along a large building that seems somewhat familiar in shape and size. What was it again? It's not until he sees the flashing lights - no sirens - reflected in the glass windows and doors that he realises he's stepped out in front of the police station. The windows are dark as though there's not a light on inside. The warped police sirens can still be heard, but not at the intersection, further east through the city. In the flickering red-blue lights, he can make out a series of bloody footprints that lead into the police station. With his eyes downcast, Cole notices that he's leaving his own bloody footprints. His own shoes are stained with blood, spattered up around the pant legs.

His mind returns to that puddle he'd stumbled through....

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:54 am
by Garrett
HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON? Not knowing what else to do I continue running in the opposite direction trying to make it back to my car.

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:32 am
by Laraqua
Cole runs down Crichton Street in a near panic, his footfalls sounding hard on the asphalt and then concrete as he rushes along only for his right foot to keep dropping down, down, down beyond where it should go. Instinctively, he jerks backward, flinging himself over to counterbalance his forward momentum, and crashing down onto his bottom, scraping it against the concrete. His legs dangle down the edge of the sidewalk, down against the rough edges of the street.

Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:04 pm
by Garrett
Another crater? Whatever, just get to the car. I think as I stand back up and continue running back to the bar

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:10 am
by Laraqua
The only way back to the bar is to cross Sagan Street which the police station overlooks.

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:20 am
by Garrett
Okay, just sneak by the police station, you'll be fine. I tell myself determined to get to my car and out of this town.

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:04 am
by Laraqua
Cole sneaks past the police station on the other side of the road. He takes a more cautious pace and comes to a halt before the chasm that opens out before the intersection ... preventing him from turning onto Wilson Street.

None of these chasms were here before.

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:43 am
by Garrett
"FUCK IT, I'M WALKING!" I yell before turning around and walking in the general direction that leaves town, much more frightened by whatever silent beast made these things then by the notion I could be arrested.

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:27 am
by Laraqua
As he starts heading back, he hears gunshots coming from inside the police station and sees muzzle flashes through the glass. "Holy shit!" shouts a man's voice from somewhere inside.

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:27 am
by Laraqua
As he starts heading back, he hears gunshots coming from inside the police station and sees muzzle flashes through the glass. "Holy shit!" shouts a man's voice from somewhere inside.

Posted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 5:19 pm
by Garrett
I think for a moment, it seems like whatever is going on has the police occupied and I could use a better gun, I pause to check my clip, six bullets, or at least some more ammo. I slowly creep up to the police station and try to peek inside.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:34 am
by Laraqua
It's too dark inside. Cole can't see anything but the flashing police lights reflected in the darkened glass. He can hear something, though. A few more gunshots and the sound of a door slamming. The doors themselves are, unsurprisingly, unlocked and the handle moves easily under Cole's hand should he choose to open the door. He can't hear anythingmore but he does feel exposed standing out on the street. Yes, it's foggy and nothing should be able to see him but that didn't save whoever left the blood slush puddle by that farm house.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:37 am
by Garrett
I slowly creep inside pistol out and ready to fire.
-If I see a policeman I raise my hands and claim to be a civilian looking for help.
-If I see a monster I fire at it until its dead and search the building for an armory.
-If nothing I immediately begin searching.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:16 am
by Laraqua
Cole creeps into the police station, holding his breath so as not to make any noises. The lights are out and everything has been thrown into darkness. He can feel that the floor is smooth, perhaps linoleum, and that the air is still warm though there's no sound of air flow which suggests that the heaters have only recently been turned off. He still can't hear or see anything in here.
Show,we'll keep the same Spot Hidden and Listen rolls for the rest of this scene unless there's something new that comes up.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 3:42 am
by Garrett
Gun ready I speak in a loud voice, loud enough to carry throughout the building. "Is anyone in here?"

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:50 am
by Laraqua
No response. There may not be anyone in this room. Hopefully. Perhaps if he shouted louder, whoever slammed a door might hear him. His nose picks up the scent of gunpowder in the air. The shots had been coming from somewhere forward and to the right of him.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:55 am
by Garrett
I try to find a light-switch or some kind of map while staying on high alert. If I can't find one I simply start searching the building.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:29 am
by Laraqua
There's no light switch on this side of the room though as Cole makes his way around, hands sliding across one door, and then a wall before reaching a gap that he tentatively crosses, he slowly comes across the police station counter and, running his fingers experimentally across the desk, comes across a computer, several files and a round, tubular object that he soon realises is a flashlight. Switching it on, he sweeps the beam around the room and notes splatters of blood across the floor. There's an old building plan folded up on the desk that shows the lay outof the police station. There's a corridor that crosses through the lobby, one door behind the counter and two doors that lead into the toilets.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:34 am
by Garrett
Well I can definately count the bathrooms out, I guess I'll just keep to the right wall and check every door I pass until I find what I'm looking for or come full circle.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:04 am
by Laraqua
The first two doors are Interview Room A and Interview Room B. They're both unlocked and he could check inside if he wanted to. The next room is called Processing, which is a nice word for fingerprinting, photographing, and making people wait if what Cole's heard on the criminal grapevine is true. Other than that there's another door in the middle of this corridor that heads into another corridor if the map is to be believed. He could check out any one of those rooms, head through the corridor, or check the other side.

Posted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:13 am
by Garrett
I stick with my plan, giving every room a brief look over only stopping if I see something of interest.

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:08 am
by Laraqua
The first interview room is locked. The second was unlocked and revealed a small room with a table and three chairs. There's a couple buttons on a little box on the table and a video camera in the corner of the room. There's no 2-way mirror or any way of seeing inside the other room or vice versa. The Processing Room has a big wall with black lines on it marking off height as well as a camera on a stand opposing it. There's also a series of sinks and metal counter tops for fingerprinting and a line of chairs for people to wait their turn. The next rooms in the short corridor are marked 'Cells' (locked), 'Storage' (stuck), and an unmarked door with blood on the handle that is partially open. There's also a door to yet another corridor at the very end.

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:21 am
by Garrett
[Spoiler-Button]Sorry should have specified I just pick the lock to any and all locked doors I happen upon.[/Spoiler-Button] Reaching the storage door I attempt to force it open.

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:14 am
by Laraqua
Cole hip and shoulders the door but to no avail. He even pulls out his lockpick kit to see if there's something wrong with the locking mechanism but there's nothing wrong with it. It just won't open. The handle won't even turn. Any attempts to pull apart the hinges also fail, though the presence of those hinges suggests that the storage room is probably just that ... storage. They'd hide the hinges in the Armory or Evidence Lockers.

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:15 am
by Garrett
I continue searching any and all doors, proceeding silently and letting no locks stop me.

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:30 am
by Laraqua
Cole checks back at the Interview Room door and tries fiddling at it with his lockpick but to no avail. He should be able to unlock it, by rights, but he simply can't. Opening the unnamed door, he finds himself in a large room with desks and computers around the edges with computer chairs pressed up against them. Sort of cubicles without the privacy. Lying in the center of the room are five people in plain clothes, placed in a simple pile, each laying on their backs staring upward, and each with two smoking bullet holes where there eyes should be.

A little girl's voice calls out over the speakers: "Daddy? Daddy, where are you? Where've you goooone?"

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:04 am
by Garrett
What the hell "HELLO, CAN YOU HEAR ME? WHERE ARE YOU?" I yell loudly, instinctively concerned for this young girl.
-If I'm given directions to reach her I follow them.
-If no useful information is given I continue searching the building. Looking for the armory and this little girl.

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:17 am
by Laraqua
"Daddy, I've been waiting! Daddy?" She probably can't hear him. Instead he hears her whimper and then a button must have gotten flicked because there's only silence coming out of the speakers now, not dead air.

There's the locked Interrogation Room he couldn't open without a key, the cells area, and the corridor that leads further on. Considering he may have a time limit on his hands and someone else may have heard that recording, he'd better hurry. Where would he try first?

Posted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:08 pm
by Garrett
I run down the corridor, checking every door and looking around carefully.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:45 am
by Laraqua
There's an EXIT sign glowing green above the door at the end of this corridor and a left turn onto a corridor with three doors on the right and two on the left. The first door on the right leads into a staff kitchen with various departmental posters pinned to the wall, including one about team values, with a fridge, sink, and three tables pushed together to form the lunch table. The strangest thing about this room is that there is a shotgun lying in the middle of those tables with three shotgun shells, unused, sitting beside it. Sticky strands of something red and glistening hang from a hole in the ceiling around the shotgun, leaving barely enough room for a hand to pass between them to get at the the shotgun, let alone to pull out the shotgun without disturbing them. The next door on the right appears to be the staff toilets which has the Engaged symbol on and the one on the left is another door to the Storage room (also stuck). The other door on the left is unmarked.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:58 am
by Garrett
I pound my fist on the bathroom door, and wait a moment to hear a reply. If I don't I check the unmarked door before continuing my search, stopping first to grab the shotgun. Using no precaution other then pulling my sleeve over my hand to keep the liquid from touching it.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:02 am
by Laraqua
Before heading off, Cole races over to the table and reaches through the sticky substance to grab the shotgun, his left arm entering the darkness as his right keeps the flashlight trained on the windows and the doors. As he goes to pull back his arm, he finds that there's no resistance from the strands whatsoever. Brushing his flashlight over the space above the table, he sees that several of the strands are simply gone. Training the flashlight on his arm, he sees there's no strands there either. Simply a few bruised lines beneath the skin. Hurrying out to the staff toilets, he hears a man scream in panic and several shots are fired, the bullets blasting through the door.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:12 am
by Garrett
"HOLY SHIT!" I scream and flip my back so that it is against the wall next to the door. "QUIT SHOOTING, I"M JUST LOOKING FOR HELP!" I yell into the room.
Just to clarify,do I have the shotgun? If I do I check to make sure its loaded, and load it if it's not.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:39 am
by Laraqua
Cole loads the three shells into the shotgun, the flashlight tucked into his armpit. There's nothing but silence coming from the toilet now.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:45 am
by Garrett
Ugh I don't have much experience with shotguns. I set it on the ground for know and take out my pistol, I stand before the bathroom door and take a deep breath before kicking the door in, gun ready.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:00 am
by Laraqua
Cole kicks the door and his foot goes straight through the thin wood, getting caught on the other side. Thankfully, there's no further gunfire just yet. Perhaps they're just as shocked as he is. He can either try to slam the door open with his foot trapped inside so he can get off a shot (though his foot would be stuck) or he can try to remove his foot and risk getting shot.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:13 am
by Garrett
I open the door with my foot and keep my gun ready, better safe then sorry.

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:20 am
by Laraqua
Cole pushes the door inward, hobbling forward, his foot still trapped in the door, and his handgun in his hands with the flashlight pressed up against it. He's ready to fire but the blood spattering all the walls stops him. A policeman's corpse sits curled up in the corner of toilets designed to be used by men, women, and the disabled, his head pressed up against the basin. Though he seems crouched there defensively, his body is horrifically mutilated, great lines gouged through his skin and flesh, doubtless the cause behind all the blood and muck against the walls, and yet he's crouching there as though he took cover there before dying. A gun lies on the floor, not far from his severed hand, ropes of gore connecting the wrist to the rest of the body. Cole dislodges his foot from the door as he takes this in.
Sanity check,0/1d4 +1

Posted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:21 pm
by Garrett
I grab the pistol from the floor before moving on to continue my search.

[Spoiler-Button]Did i pass or fail the sanity roll?[/Spoiler-Button]

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:13 am
by Laraqua
Cole picks up the handgun but finds it empty. It looks like the police officer emptied his clip. At least he's not too rattled by all of this unexpected gore. As he turns to walk away, he hears the cracking of bone and the squealching of meat behind him.

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:22 am
by Garrett
THE FUCK! I flip around and point my gun at the source of this noise.

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:02 am
by Laraqua
The corpse is still in position. Cole sweeps the flashlight across the body to be sure but it doesn't seem to have moved at all.

Posted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:11 pm
by Garrett
Well looks like all the liquor and coke finally did my brain in, oh well. I think, only somewhat sarcastically before taking out my flask and taking a deep swig of the whiskey inside. Might as well continue searching. As I turned to continue down the hall I notice the shotgun on the floor. Why did I even grab that, I've never fired a shotgun in my life?

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:53 am
by Laraqua
The door on the left leads into a corridor with three doors inside and another door at the very end that likely leads back into the foyer. In the corridor you're already in, there's one more door that leads to a set of stairs leading down into the gloom. Luckily, you haven't heard any gun shots or screams so maybe that little girl is all right. Still, you'd better hurry. Which way first?

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:54 am
by Garrett
I feel the whiskey getting to work in my blood and calm down notably. I wonder if what I'm seeing is real; maybe my brain really is irreparably damaged, maybe I'm hallucinating in my apartment back home, or maybe the worlds even more fucked up then I thought. Ah well I stroll leisurely down the stairs flashlight in my left hand and my gun held loosely in my right.

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:16 am
by Laraqua
The stairs lead down into the darkness and he passes through what are at least three to four flights of stairs before he reaches an unpainted cement floor. The walls are peppered with bullet holes and the air smells vaguely of gunpowder. The cement by the door bulges inward in a few places, almost like a human face screaming, though perhaps that's just his imagination. Perhaps that's only a few lumps and dips in the cement. That has to be it. He reaches the door and pulls it open and finds himself in a corridor identical to the last one but for the blood splatter that stains the walls and floors and the many bloody handprints that mark everywhere he's touched. Where he had dropped the shotgun, now lies a crushed in skull. A little girl's scream cuts through the sudden silence, coming from the door directly ahead.

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:23 am
by Garrett
snapped out of my liquor induced calm I panic once again. I barrel down the corridor and towards the door, when I reach the door I hesitate for just a second. What if she's dead, I don't know want to see a little girls body, I can't see a little girls body. This passed in a second and I flung the door open gun raised.

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:27 am
by Laraqua
Cole rushes into the next corridor, throwing open one door to reveal a set of detectives' cubicles - blood-spattered, and then throws open the next door that is labelled about something to do with a police chief. Inside a giant of a man, at least eight feet tall, with long and spindly arms and a stooped back throws a desk aside, revealing a little blonde girl who squeals and runs over to cower in the corner. At the sound of the door opening, it whips around, revealing a thick porcelain mask of a scowling man affixed to its face with nails shaped like bullets.

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:30 am
by Garrett
"HOLY FUCK!" I scream as I instinctively blast away with my pistol.

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:54 am
by Laraqua
Cole hits with his first shotand an arterial spray of blood erupts from its throat. His second shot punctures its shoulder and splatters the wall behind it with blood. So much blood. These things release so much blood. It charges toward him and slams its fist into the wallbehind Cole's head, getting its arm caught in the cement. It struggles with its arm, its bulk only a few bare inches away from Cole's face.

The little girl screams at each shot, covering her ears and scrunching her eyes shut.

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:57 am
by Garrett
"WOULD YOU JUST FUCKING DIE!?" I yell and fire again, at point blank to the creatures face.
Also the book said dessert eagles do like 3d6 damage,I understand a need for modding but can't help but feel ripped off :cry:

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:02 am
by Laraqua
Cole fires again and the bullet shatters its sternum and it tears itself out of the wall and stumbles back in a very human way before collapsing into a pile on the floor. A few of the bolts fall out of its mask, unhinging it, though it still covers the thing's face.

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:07 am
by Garrett
"Sweet Jesus, Joseph, and Satan. What the hell was that thing?" Swaying as I come off my adrenaline high I pull out my flask and take another deep swig. I pull it away from my mouth with a gasp of relief. Without looking I point my off hand to the little girl. "You. Who are You?" I say in an assertive but calm voice.

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:20 am
by Laraqua
"C-Casey," she mutters in a stammering voice. "Where's d-d-daddy?"

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:25 am
by Garrett
If I had to guess I'd say he's dead. "Do you know whats going on here? Tell me everything you know including how you got here." I say harshly, ignoring her question.

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:30 am
by Laraqua
She clambers unsteadily to her feet. "You're mean and cranky. I don't want to talk to you!" She goes to dart past Cole.

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:34 am
by Garrett
If I'm still standing by the door I block her path and crouch down to her level. Upon blocking the exit I simply stare quietly until she acknowledges me.
-If not I try to grab her.

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:01 am
by Laraqua

Casey backs hurriedly away from him and snatches up her blue hat, pressing it firmly on her head and glaring at him. "Are you a bad man? You've got a gun and you're not a cop! Are you a criminal?"

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:09 am
by Garrett
"Were in America sweetheart lots of people have guns-" I say snidely. "-and you have much worse things to worry about then me." I say nodding to the monsters corpse. "On that note, I don't want leaving a little girl to die on my conciouns, so your coming with me."

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:48 am
by Laraqua
"I will not!" she says, scolding him. "I'm waiting for daddy."

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:52 am
by Garrett
"Sweetheart I am capable and willing to force you to come with me but if I'm doing that its going to be a lot harder for me to kill other monsters. So you can hamper both of our safety by making me tie you up and carry you, or you can hold this flashlight and come with me like a good little girl. Come on, maybe will find your daddy on the way."

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:42 am
by Laraqua
Casey gazes up at him, bottom lip trembling, and clasps her hands before her face. "Really? You mean it? I-I don't know where daddy went. We should find Officer Cybil. She works in a nearby town but I'm sure she can help us. She's here and she's probably looking for me. She's always looking for me. You'll help me find her, won't you?" She steps forward, hope shining in her eyes.

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:53 am
by Garrett
Fuck that, were getting out of here now I was determined once again knowing that worse case scenario is no longer I die, its we die. "Sure sweetheart we'll find her." I say in a tender voice. "Now come on lets go." I say standing up and handing her my flashlight.

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:57 am
by Laraqua
She accepts the flashlight with a sweet smile and takes hold of his hand. Her fingers are so little, the bones in the palms of her hand so fragile, he knows he could shatter her skull against the wall if he wanted to but luckily ... he doesn't. "Are you from around here?" she asks.

Posted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:05 pm
by Garrett
"No, I'm a tourist." I begin walking out the door when a thought occurs to me. I pull the little girls hat down so that it covers her eyes. "Don't move that, and if you can keep your eyes shut; there's some shit that kids as young as you aren't meant to see out there." With that I start making my way out of the police station.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:31 am
by Laraqua
The girl accepts the hat with a wince. "What's out there? Is my dad out there?" She clutches at his sleeve, her eyes wide with fear.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:49 am
by Garrett
"I'll let you know if I see anything you need to worry about or your dad, alright? Why don't you tell me what your doing here while we walk?" I say in a friendly voice wanting to distract her from the question of what was out there. Frankly I wanted to distract myself too, but with the kid here I really shouldn't drink anymore whiskey.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:09 am
by Laraqua
"Umm, okay," she said, and closed her eyes as Cole opened the door into the corridor. The door on the left should take him out into the police foyer where he could either head out the double doors into the town itself or turn right down the corridor and explore the rest of the building.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:18 am
by Garrett
I get the hell out of this building and head to my car. I doubt I'd be able to get out of this town by road with all the craters but I can at least shove my pockets full of clips.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:11 am
by Laraqua
Casey and Cole head out through the door behind the counter, making their way past it, and head out into the fog-shrouded streets. It takes him a moment to start heading toward the left to get to his car when he remembers that there are chasms on either side of him. He could always try heading right. There was a crossroad somewhere there and he didn't notice any chasms over that way.

Posted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:15 am
by Garrett
Well I don't have any other options. I think as I start heading right to the crossroads.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 3:40 am
by Laraqua
The sky is dark and foggy and even with the flashlight he can only see a dozen feet with only a half dozen feet of that being relatively clear. It provides some comfort, however, as it means no one can see him either. The asphalt is cracked and damaged, obviously repaired dozens of times, and some of the thicker cracks seem to be warm and steaming, as though there were some great heat action from below. The little girl clutches his hand tightly as they walk along the road and he sees a railing along the left side of the road. Is it a bridge? Going over to the side and peering down, the fog is so thick that his flashlight can't pierce the bottom to see if there is water there or not.

"Umm, do you know what's happening?" asked the little girl anxiously.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:04 am
by Garrett
"In order of most to least likely; I have gone insane, I am on an unbelievable drug trip, I'm in hell, or some priest put a curse on me. Take your pick." I say as I continue trying to go back to my car. Probably not a great thing to say to a ten year old girl but she's gonna need some serious therapy regardless, and making light of things was always a defense mechanism I had to fear.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:48 am
by Laraqua
Unfortunately, if this is a bridge then that means there will be a river dividing the two sides of town. If you cross the bridge, you'll be putting more distance between you and your car. If you don't cross the bridge, you'll have to find some way around the chasms.

Posted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 4:53 am
by Garrett
Fuck it, can't cross the chasms I guess I just gotta keep walking.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:13 am
by Laraqua
Cole continues across the bridge and passes the bridge control room whose glass windows have been cobwebbed with fine cracks. As his gaze is drawn across it, following the trail of his flashlight through the darkness, something screeches by overhead, making a sound that sounds almost reptilian. Casey flinches and clings to his legs in fright.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:07 am
by Garrett
"It's alright lets keep moving." I said desperately hoping that I was right.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:25 am
by Laraqua
There's an immense flap of wings heard somewhere in the distance and then the town falls once more into silence. As they continue across the road, Cole can vaguely make out red and blue flashing lights that look quite like police lights at the other end of the bridge. There's at least two police cars and lights for another vehicle behind them - perhaps an ambulance?

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:29 am
by Garrett
"Might as well check that out while were passing by. I check the cars for anything, particularly ammo before moving on."

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:49 am
by Laraqua
As Cole draws nearer, he glimpses movement from behind the police cars and a woman's voice calls out, "Hey, you! Stop where you are and identify yourself!" He can dimly make out one other person beside the woman, though he can't make out anything more than silhouettes through all of this fog.

Posted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:57 am
by Garrett
"My names Cole Brocco, I'm a tourist trying to get the hell out of this city." I say halting my walk, a scared police officer would be likely to shoot me for no good reason. I figure I should just do what she says.

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:01 am
by Laraqua
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_K7UuxFuvljw/S ... l01[1].jpg

"Wait right there a minute!" said the cop. He can see her gesture at him faintly in the fog. Seems like she's crouched down behind the car, holding something, perhaps a gun. "Put the lights on him, Bennett."

There's a pause and then a cop car searchlight is pivoted around and sends its intensely bright beam all over him. It seems to tear through the fog, leaving him starkly exposed.

"Drop your weapon, sir, and put your hands up where we can see them."

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:36 am
by Garrett
"There are fucking monsters crawling all over this city, and your concerned because some civilian; one who is protecting a little girl I might add-" I say beckoning to the girl who's hand I still hold. "-is carrying a gun?!" I yell over to them, "How about instead I hurry up and get both of us over to you where it's safe?"

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:15 am
by Laraqua
"No, you listen to me!" snapped the woman. "There's been a spate of homicides and disappearances all over this town and I have no reason not to suspect you of having a hand in it. You put your gun down and kick it over here and then we'll talk."

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:17 am
by Garrett
"Ugh...." After a moment of uncertainty I drop my gun and kick it over to her. "There, can I come over know?"

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:00 am
by Laraqua

Another policewoman steps out around the police car and hurries toward them. "All right, I'm Officer Bennett and that's Officer Wheeler." She picks up the handgun. "You're the first two we've seen out here for quite awhile. Most of the others are holed up at the school."

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:04 am
by Garrett
"You are aware that there's some kind of monsters out doing the killing, right?" I said making no attempt to hide my malice.

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:16 am
by Laraqua
Bennett cocks an eyebrow at him and then heads back to the cars. "Monsters, huh? You get a good look at these ... monsters?"

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:01 pm
by Garrett
"There like giant men with long, spindly arms. It wore a mask stapled to his face, and it was strong enough to punch through a plaster wall. It took three shots to bring it down, although technically that could have been they only one. I suspect not however judging by the giant fucking craters all over the city."

Posted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:00 pm
by Laraqua
"Right, look, we'd better get you two to the school," said Bennett.

The town groans as a sudden tremor shivers across it, sending vibrations jarring up and down his bones.

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:03 am
by Garrett
"How about instead you take this girl, give me back my gun, and let me be on my way. I got enough ammo to kill an army in my car and I'd feel much more comfortable if I had it." Anticipating her next question I added a lie. "I have that much ammo because I'm a survivalist nut, although I guess it came in handy." I say giving her a grin. "If I can't find a way out of town from my car I'll head to the school, is that okay?"

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:26 am
by Laraqua
"No, it's not okay," said Bennett firmly. "I don't know who's responsible for what's going on here...." The ground trembles again. "...but I won't hand the town over to vigilanteeism. We have enough of that already. Just come with me over to the shelter and wait for reinforcements to arrive."

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:03 am
by Garrett
"Look lady I don't know if you noticed but there's something strong and or big enough moving around to put craters so deep you can't even see the fucking bottom; now I don't care what you do but I want to get the hell out of this town as soon as soon as possible. Cause if something like that happens upon us being in the school isn't gonna save our asses." I say harshly, frustrated by the incompetence of this woman.

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:45 am
by Laraqua
"Look, just calm down," says Bennett. "The craters are caused by seismic activity and all of the bodies recovered so far have been victims of gun shots and stab wounds. There certainly hasn't been a giant creature roaming around making craters with their feet. As much as you might want to leave, the only ways out of here are through hills that are guaranteed to be destabilised by these tremors ... a major rock slide has already cut off the main road from this side of Silent Hill. We're currently in the planning stages of an evacuation. If you wish to continue on your way, then you are at liberty to...." Her gaze flicks down to the bloody slush caking the hem of his trousers and the shoes themselves, then her flashlight shines on the odd blood smears left behind in his passage. "Do you have a license for this gun?" she asks, seemingly casual.

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:06 am
by Garrett
I let out a groan after a moment of processing the question. "...Yeah, I do but it's in my car. Look if your not gonna give me my gun back then I have no choice but to go with you, but I'd really appreciate it if we could stop by Tramps Bar on the way. You get to see my license and I get a box of clips. Besides she can verify that there really are monsters lurking around." I said pointing at my young companion, it occurs to me three seconds after the words leave my mouth that a nine year old girl probably isn't a credible witness.

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:12 am
by Laraqua
"He shot a man but he was scary," says the girl with utmost seriousness.

"Uhh, right," said Bennett. She returned her gaze back to Cole. "Listen, Tramp's Bar is back over the bridge and I'm pretty sure there's a chasm dividing us from there. I'm not keen on trying to cut through shops in the hopes that the chasm doesn't extend that far. If you want to stay closer to your car, though, we could always escort you over to the police station. The local officers there can take care of you."

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:11 pm
by Garrett
"Sorry to break this to you but everyone at the police stations dead." I said without an ounce of sympathy in my voice. "That's where I found the kid and killed the monster." I weighed my options with a sigh, "Alright I'll go with you to the school, might as well see whats over there."

Posted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:36 pm
by Laraqua
"Dead?" whispered Bennett. "Uh, how? When?"

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:30 am
by Garrett
"Don't know, I went there looking for help but when I walked inside the lights weren't working and there were bodies all over the damn place. And they weren't killed by gunshots or stab wounds. The only reason I continued searching the building was because this kid started screaming for her dad on the intercom. That was about 15-30 minutes ago."

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:08 am
by Laraqua
"Whose your daddy, sweet heart?" asked Bennett.

The little girl shrugs a shoulder and bites down on her thumb nail, suddenly very shy.

"We'd better get her to the school," said Wheeler. "If the police station is down, then I doubt we're going to hold this position too well."

"We need to hold the line," said Bennett. "What about the cops down on South Bridge? They haven't pulled out."

"There's a point." Wheeler looks up at Cole. "If you want to try for your car, you can always go down south and cross back over via the south bridge, but be aware it's probably collapsed during one of the tremors, and there's no guarantee you'll be able to do anything with your car. I can radio down to get them to let you through, but I wouldn't trust your luck."

"We're just going to let him go get himself killed?" asked Bennett.

"If there's one thing I learned from Katrina, it's that trying to prevent people from going when they want to go get themselves killed is a hazard to everyone around them," said Wheeler. There's a suspicious note to her voice, like she'd be happy to not have to worry about Cole. "We'll look after the child."

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:12 am
by Garrett
"Unless your gonna give me my gun back I'll stick with you." Besides these stupid pigs probably wouldn't be able to keep this kid safe, I know from experience cops generally have little to no idea how to use there guns.

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:49 am
by Laraqua
"Good choice," said Bennett, strolling over to her police car and pulling the car radio up and out on a cord. Their budget must be so terrible that they don't even have clip on walkie talkies. Where are they from? The eighties? "Moore? You there? We need a pick up for a man - tourist - and a girl to be taken to the assembly point. Can you assist?"

The radio simply buzzed in return.

"Moore? Can you please respond?"

She waited. The radio buzzed.

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:56 am
by Garrett
"Looks like Moor had himself an accident, boy I can't wait to get to the secure haven you fine policemen have established at the school." I say bitterly. "I feel safer already don't you sweat heart?" I looking at the girl with mock excitement in my voice.

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:13 am
by Laraqua
The little girl gives him a blank look.

Wheeler looks around nervously, her gun held in her hands, and hisses out between her teeth, gazing out into the darkness. "Did you see that?"

"See what?" asked Bennett.

"Maybe its nothing," muttered Wheeler.

A voice crackles over the radio. "Thompson here. Don't know about Moore but I can say that we've still got the south bridge secured. Any word from the station?"

"The station ... isn't anymore," said Bennett into the radio, gazing suspiciously at Cole.

There's silence for a long moment, then, "Any word from your station at Brahms?"

"Nothing yet. Don't think we've managed to get a signal out. Damn hills."

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:38 am
by Garrett
Well I'm pretty sure that I'm not insane now with all these people around. "So seeing as there isn't any escort coming now can I have my gun and be on my way?" I said impatiently. I really didn't want to spend any time with them I didn't have to, cops make me nervous for obvious reasons.

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:44 am
by Laraqua
"Its a big gun," said Wheeler. "Any particular reason why you came to Silent Hill with a Desert Eagle in your pocket? You have to realise that we've got no reason to trust that you're not involved. What exactly did you say your name was?"

"Look, we've got a guy here pretty eager to get a move on," muttered Bennett into the radio. "Armed with his own Desert Eagle."

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:06 am
by Garrett
"I'm Cole Brocco, I never travel without my gun because as I said I'm a survival nut; mostly as a hobby. I have a big gun because it looks intimidating, and I have it on me because there are bodies and monsters all over THIS GOD FORSAKEN TOWN!" I say pounding my fist on the hood of this damn woman's car, I'm usually grateful that cops are incompetent dumb asses but usually someone clicks into a useful state during times of crisis.

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:24 am
by Laraqua
"Keep your voice down or I'll have to clap you in cuffs," snapped Wheeler. "Considering what we've seen, you're lucky we don't automatically do that. Some group has been running around killing and kidnapping people and we have no reason not to suspect that you're a member of this same group, especially since you keep blathering on about monsters."

Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:12 pm
by Garrett
"Fine. Just hurry up and make a damn decision so that this kid and I can get to safety."

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:54 am
by Laraqua
"Look, I don't think we can hold the bridge," said Bennett. "Let's retreat to the school and attempt an evacuation with the bus."

"Maybe by boat?" asked Wheeler.

Bennett frowned. "Officer Wheeler had a great idea. We could attempt to cross the lake in a boat. That's not greatly safe but its better than trying to make our way through the hills with these chasms appearing everywhere."

"Okay," buzzed the voice over the radio. "We'll meet you at the checkpoint."

"Gotya," said Bennett, before replacing the radio in the bracket and unlocking the back door of the police car. "All right, get in."

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:28 am
by Garrett
I let out a groan and get in, even more nervous then before. I'm just glad she didn't find my lockpicks, worse case scenario I could probably get this door open with them. Plus I'm pretty sure they are illegal.

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:40 am
by Laraqua
The little girl gets into the car seat with him and buckles up before giving him an inquiring look, "Why so nervous? You ever been in a cop car before?"

The two police officers hop into the front seats of the car and Wheeler sticks her key in the ignition while Bennett shifts through the radio channels. "Any word from Brahms?" asks Wheeler, as she starts the car and pulls away from the barricade.

"No, nothing on the right channels," says Bennett.

"Think the quakes swallowed them up?" asked Wheeler.

Bennett just sits quietly and stares at the radio before shifting it back to its original channel. "Seems a damn shame to be leaving the barricade like this."

"Knowing our luck they'd just pass by on the boat," says Bennett.

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:28 am
by Garrett
"Once, and it wasn't exactly a pleasant experience." I say in response to the little girl, I lean back against the seat and wait. Seeing as there's nothing I could do if we were attacked now I pull out my flask and take two gulps of the fiery liquid.

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:17 am
by Laraqua
"Why? What happened?" asks the little girl.

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:44 am
by Garrett
I was a little tipsy and didn't trust myself enough to open my mouth until I thought very carefully. After a solid ten seconds I spoke, "That's the kind of question it's not polite to ask sweetheart." I give her a warm smile to show I wasn't mad before I started speaking.

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:57 am
by Laraqua
"Why's that?" asks the girl, quietly persistent.

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:01 am
by Garrett
My smile grows a little harder, "Because sweetheart, it's the kind of thing a man often doesn't want to talk about." I say, my eyes growing a little hard.

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:05 am
by Laraqua
"Why only men?" she asks innocently enough.

"So why were you last in the back of a patrol car?" asks Bennett coolly.

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:12 am
by Garrett
"Woman probably wouldn't either." I say harshly, my tone making it clear she should have stopped talking. I turn my head to the police officer "Am I legally obligated to tell you that?" I ask in a snippy voice.

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:16 am
by Laraqua
"It might be better than leaving me wondering...." says Wheeler. "We are paranoid right now, after all."

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:18 am
by Garrett
"It was a long time ago and it wasn't anything serious." I say partially truthful. "How long till until we get to the fucking school?"

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:49 am
by Laraqua
"Can't go very fast because of all of this fog," says Wheeler. "Can't risk us going over a cliff."

"Its so quiet out there," says Bennett. "Where are all the people?"

"Peak season, no people, I'm sure it's fine," said Wheeler. She rapped her knuckles against the protective mesh separating the cops from the others. "You seen anybody? How'd you come to be wandering around anyway?"

Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:02 am
by Garrett
"Judging from what I saw all the people are probably dead." I say rashly, the liquor making me forget for a moment that the little girl's dad was still out there. Not wanting to upset her I quickly added. "Of course they might just be hiding." In response to the other officer's question I speak. "I was out for a walk when the mist rolled in and I heard an earthquake, then I happened upon the police station and you know the rest."

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:29 am
by Laraqua
"Is that when you saw the monster?" asked Wheeler, her tone clearly revealing her disbelief.

Posted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:37 am
by Garrett
"Fuck you ya useless pig." I say in an aggressive tone, the booze siphoning away my rationality.

Posted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:58 pm
by Laraqua
"Nice," said Wheeler. "Just nice." She sighs as the car comes to a halt. "Great. Another chasm."

"That one wasn't there before," said Bennett quietly. "And there wasn't enough of a shake up to support that kind of movement.

Posted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:41 pm
by Garrett
"Well isn't that something?" I say condescendingly before taking another long drink from my flask.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:22 am
by Laraqua
"Here we are," says Bennett, as the car slows to a stop behind a fog-shrouded bus on the side of a street that is so packed with dense fog that he can only make out a street light nearby and the edge of some well-tended grass. "Let's hope its all as we left it." She twists around in her chair and smiles at the little girl. "There's a lot of children in the school for you to meet up with. Perhaps you'll find some of your friends or even your parents. Would you like that?"

The little girl nods mutely.

Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:13 am
by Garrett
Well the kids safe and I can go back to exploring my hallucinations, I think with relief. I finish my flask off and let myself be led by the police wherever it is they go.

Posted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 2:33 am
by Laraqua

The police officers get out and Wheeler keeps her gun out and ready, flashlight held beside it like some FBI Agent from the X-Files while Bennett opens the back doors and lets them both out. The two police officers then quickly lead them down a cement path to the front doors, flashing their guns and lights all about. Once they reach the doors, Bennett thuds against the wood while Wheeler keeps her gun trained on the darkness.

"Hello?" says Bennett. "Its us!"

Posted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:16 am
by Garrett
After a moment with no response I yell loudly. "HELLLOOOOO? ANYBODY HOME?"

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:40 am
by Laraqua
There's sudden blast of sound and fury and splinters erupt from the door. Bennett staggers back, sputtering blood down her pretty chin while Wheeler grabs the little girl and whips her away, arms wrapped around her protectively.

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:07 am
by Garrett
I'm a bad man, why am I standing here? I moved without thinking and before I realized where I was going I found myself between whatever thundered out of the door and the girl. As I noticed this I looked into her innocent face, fuck she looks so much like Mary, I thought trembling. I blinked away tears and willed myself to become angry, if those dumbass cops hadn't taken my gun I could actually be helping.

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:24 am
by Laraqua
Bennett staggers back still further still, hunching over, hands clasped at her belly when another terrific blast tears through the air and its as though her lower jaw is near swiped away, the bone and the cartilege and the meat and the muscle torn loose by a barrage of what Cole suddenly realises must be a shotgun's lethal ammunition. Somehow, Bennett is still alive, tears running down her ruined cheeks, mingling with the blood that drips loosely from her upper teeth, and she continues to stagger back with eyes wide and bright and somehow full of life as she whirls around to face the three survivors and in those eyes isn't hatred or even fear but confusion as though the mind hasn't caught up with these terrible events and is considering this to be a rather nightmarish twist of events but just a dream after all. How could something so violent be from anything but a bad dream? And she teeters toward her gun and picks it up and fires three shots through the wooden door before toppling over dead.

Posted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:02 pm
by Garrett
I actually felt relief as I realized that it was a shotgun. "HIT THE DECK!" I scream before sliding over to the gun Bernette had dropped, attempting to be quiet. With the gun in my hand I point it at the door and don't move.

sneak success if you need it.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3662567/

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:20 am
by Laraqua
Cole grabs the gun and lays there in the loose blood but there's only silence to greet him. After a long moment, the doors click and creak open before pausing at that slightly ajar state.

Posted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:46 pm
by Garrett
I move silently over to a position behind the parked police car and watching silently. If nothing happens after a full minute I sneak up to the door with my gun raised and peek inside.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3663792/
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3663793/

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:52 am
by Laraqua
Wheeler just stares at the corpse of Bennett, disbelievingly, clutching the little girl in her arms.

Time passes and there is no sign of the attacker.

Slowly, gingerly, Cole creaks open the double doors and peers into a foyer whose marble floor has partially peeled away in small pieces here and there to reveal a steel mesh and nothing underneath. A ceiling fan slowly turns on the high ceiling, indicating that there is power somewhere within the darkened building. There is another set of doors at the other end of the foyer, closed.

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:14 am
by Garrett
My mind sobers a little at all the danger, I tried to shake away the fuzziness in my head. I'm so fucking stupid, I thought it was okay to get drunk because there were a couple officers. When can you ever count on a cop to do anything? Serve and protect my ass.
"Alright useless bitch number two," I say approaching the officer and looking over to her dead partner. "we got a wounded assailant packing some serious heat in there; I'm too drunk to get in a fire fight and I'd wager you can't use that gun to save your life, so were getting the hell out of here. Get the little girl in the car, I'll take shotgun." I say, angry at this woman for being so damn useless.

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:38 am
by Laraqua
Wheeler looks up at him, gaping for a moment, then seems to shake herself out of it and rises to her feet. "No, I have to...." She pauses and looks over at the school doors. "There's children in there." She tosses him the keys and double checks her gun is fully loaded. "Take her and get out." She pauses again as though to wish him luck but seems to think better of it and simply heads into the foyer.

Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:30 pm
by Garrett
Children, alone in there with some crazy shooter. "God Dammit." I say quietly and grab the officer by the shoulder, squeezing it threateningly. "Better idea," I drop the keys. "since you probably can count the number of times you've fired that gun on one hand, you'll let me get my eagle, and I'll go take care of this while you wait right there-" I point behind the car. "-for me to get back. Where are the kids?"

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:57 am
by Laraqua
"In the quadrangle, its open air but its the best protected with only two doors and no windows," said Wheeler. "Maybe I should radio you some back up...." She looks over at the car.

Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:14 am
by Garrett
I was shocked with her cooperation, I worried I might have to hold the gun on her, guess this dumb bitch was finally thinking right. Ah who am I kidding she's just scared and wants to get out of doing her damn job, oh well I'll take it. "Yeah you do that." I said, figuring that 3+ useless pigs might actually hit something if they all opened fire. "Hey," I say assertively and turn her so she's facing me. "you better watch out for that kid, if she dies its your fault. Yours and slack-jaw over there." I say nodding to the dead body of her partner as I release her and approach the corpse to get my gun, pocketing the one I already had.
Upon retrieving it I squeeze it in my hand, relieved by the familiarity I go through my routine of double checking the safety and the ammo before silently re-entering the building. I keep the gun up and attempt to silently follow the trail of blood I assume would be on the floor, figuring that finishing off this wounded shooter would be much smarter then quietly trying to get a full room of kids out of the school.
Spoiler:
If there is no trail I just start making my way to the quadrangle.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3672386/ sneak

Posted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 3:12 am
by Laraqua
Wheeler pulls away from him, refusing to let him manhandle her like that. "Yeah, I'll call it in," she said, dark eyes flashing angrily as she headed off with the little girl keeping closely behind her.

The girl gazes after him for a long moment as she walked before rushing back to him to grab his sleeve and please, "Come back for me. I - I don't want to be stuck here alone."

Those words ... so familiar after so many years ... his little sister has once said those words to him.

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 1:57 am
by Garrett
"I-" I mutter out. Mary, ah fuck, Mary. As often happens when I drink misery washes over me as my thoughts go to my sister, 'I don't want to be left alone', well god dammit you left me alone, dammit your the one who left not me! I almost yell this at the young girl before I remember she's not really Mary, I quickly blink back tears thankful for the darkness before responding; my voice snide. "Ya I'll do what I can not to die sweetheart, no promises though." I quickly turn around, unable to look at the girl and make my way into the school, dessert eagle raised and silent as a wraith. I look for a trail of blood to follow, assuming that the shooter was wounded. If there is none I just start moving to the quadrangle.

-I made a sneak check in the post above, I assume I don't have to do it again.

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:19 am
by Laraqua
There's no blood spatter in the foyer and when he reaches the next double doors and cracks it open, he can see only gloom. There's no much light in general and certain nothing beyond the foyer. Sneaking around won't be any good if he gives himself away with a flashlight, though.

Posted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:02 pm
by Garrett
OOC- I'm sorry I thought turning the flashlight off was implied when I said I was sneaking, I should have specified that.

Great the stupid officer didn't even wound him, I wonder why he stopped shooting then? Whatever, if I have to start looking from scratch I might as well start in the quadrangle and check on the kids. I start making my way down the dim hall, looking for my destination, and keeping a close eye out for the shooter.

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:57 am
by Laraqua
Show,yeah I assumed you had switched it off which is why I've described how dark it was in the corridor beyond and how you'll have to make a choice about venturing on in the pitck darkness or not as earlier there was enough ambient light to see by. Of course, in future its a good idea to mention the flashlight as sneak could just mean moving quietly.
The corridor is too dark to see anything. On the floor within a few feet of the foyer doorway can be dimly seen. Strangely enough, there were no lights on in the foyer and yet there had been enough to dimly see by.

Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 1:16 am
by Garrett
Fuck, I'm never gonna find him like this. With a deep break I click the flashlight on and jerk my gun up, prepared to fire. I should just get to the kids and wait for that backup, there's safety in numbers.
-If nothing happens I slowly make my way towards the quadrangle.

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:30 am
by Laraqua
Directly across from him, set back somewhat in an alcove, and flanked by posters talking about school health and upcoming events are a pair of double doors. The corridor stretches left past a school counter / reception desk and then right past a door marked Infirmary. Just beyond those two sections are another pair of doors that divide the corridor in half. Several spatters of blood lead into the Infirmary.

Posted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:59 pm
by Garrett
Gun raised and body tensed I quickly step through the infirmary door, prepared for the worst.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:34 am
by Laraqua
Cole slams open the door, flashlight probing the darkness and revealing cupboards, shelving, windows, single bed with a blood-spattered cloth curtain pulled around it and a child-like silhouette behind it. A hand, tattooed and dark, can be seensliding back under the bed as though something were hiding from him.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:46 am
by Garrett
I didn't quite understand the post, that is weather the hand belongs to the child or not as well as were exactly the kid is.

If the hand appears to belong to the kid- I slowly approach the bed kneel slightly to bring myself on eye level to the child's shadow. "It's alright little fella I'm here to help, are you hurt." God I hope all this blood didn't come out of the kid, what kind of sick fuck shoots a kid?

If it didn't- I point the gun under the bed, "I SEE YOU! YOU HAVE THREE SECONDS TO COME OUT FROM UNDER THERE OR YOUR DEAD!" I yell and begin counting down, gun pointed under the bed. This is bad, I'm a pretty good shot but shit happens and I really don't want to accidentally shoot the kid. Not to mention what this sick fuck might do.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:56 am
by Laraqua
The hand is certainly larger than a child's hand and is coming from underneath the bed while the child's silhouette can be seen on top of the bed. Coles' voice reverberates loudly in the silence and as he speaks there's a gun shot coming from somewhere else in the building on the floor above. In the silence that settles afterwards, neither child nor the person under the bed makes any noise.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:01 am
by Garrett
Well shit good thing I didn't fire at this guy, sounds like the shooter is upstairs. "Okay, I think we can deduce that neither of us are the maniac so just come out here man." I say, figuring if this guy is the shooter making him think I let my guard down is a good idea, and if he isn't reasoning would be better then shooting. I keep my gun aimed and beckon the child on the bed with a rapid motion to come over to me.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:03 am
by Laraqua
The child doesn't move but then since the light source is outside the curtain Cole could see the child's silhouette but anyone inside the curtain would only be able to see darkness and a flashlight.

Whoever is under the bed doesn't say anything in response to his words.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:10 am
by Garrett
"Your making it real hard for me to trust you pal." I say moving forward, I keep my gun trained on the bed and as soon as I'm within reach scoop the child up with my left arm. After doing so I immediately dive back, put him down, and then rush forward to kick the bed over; keeping my gun constantly trained.
OOC- I couldn't think of a good place to work this in but every few seconds Cole is looking over his shoulder, nervous about the shooter.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:17 am
by Laraqua
Cole brushes the fabric back and grabs the child up in his free arms but the child isn't make it easier for him. There's no gripping onto his shoulders or adjusting itself to better sit right. The little girl is just a whole lot of dead weight in his arm. Cole takes a couple of steps back, struggling to balance the child in his arms, and finds the child makes no effort to stand up when he tries to lower him.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:24 am
by Garrett
Oh fuck the kids dead. I think as my whole body tenses, I drop the corpse gracelessly. "YOU BASTARD! I'LL KILL YOU YOU BASTARD!" I roar and fire the gun twice under the sheets where I saw the hand.

I don't know if you need them but I rolled.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3680212/ (19)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3680215/ (29)

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:31 am
by Laraqua
There's a slight whimper that follows the bangs and blood starts to seep out from beneath the bed. For some reason the blood is almost reflective. He can almost see his own reflection in it.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:35 am
by Garrett
I step forward and kick the bed over, wanting to make sure the bastards dead.
OOC- I"m assuming it's a hospital bed, I'm also assuming that I was correct in my assumption and the kids body just flopped onto the floor.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:41 am
by Laraqua
The kid's body did simply slump to the floor and from Cole's brief estimation it looked like his neck was broken. The hospital bed is a thin metal frame with a thin mattress and it overturns easily to reveal an adolescent girl in her early to mid teens whose short black hair hangs over black scrawl-like tattoos over her face and hands whose dark eyes stare diagonally across the room, blood dribbling from her open mouth. She wears a long blue dress, now stained with blood, and black polished shoes like some kind of school uniform but she seems too old for this primary school.
Show,what do you reckon? Would that be a sanity hit for Cole or is he so hardened to killing that even a youth wouldn't count?

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:57 am
by Garrett
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3680234/ (74)
Definitely a sanity roll, Cole's a bastard but that's a pretty nasty thing to see. Plus he has a soft spot for woman and children.
Oh fuck, oh fuck, oh fuck, of FUCK. I punch myself in the stomach, just hard enough to feel some pain. Okay, calm down, yeah she's young, and a girl, but she why would she hide from you if she wasn't the one who killed the kid? Maybe she was just scared. NO! NO SHE IS A KILLER, AND EVEN IF SHE WASN'T SHE SHOULD HAVE DONE WHAT YOU SAID, THEN SHE WOULDN'T HAVE DIED! ITS HER OWN FAULT!" I take a few deep breaths and take out my flask, struggling to unscrew it with my trembling hands. I gasp in relief when I get it off and I bring to my mouth before remembering it's empty, "GAHHH!" I scream and throw it hard at the wall. With my head a mess I take a few deep breaths before stumbling out of the room, and once again trying to find the quadrangle.

OOC- I'm assuming while writing this I lost at least one sanity points.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:00 am
by Laraqua
Cole's sanity is shaken by his experiences. He staggers out into the corridor, not far from one of the doors that sit in the middle of the corridor (likely leading to yet another one) facing the way of the reception desk and the other corridor ending door. To the left is the set of double doors heading into the foyer. To the right is another set of double doors.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:04 am
by Garrett
I continue taking deep breaths and head for the door on my right, repeatedly chanting to myself that the girl was a murderer.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:09 am
by Laraqua
The thought seems pretty flimsy but it is a possibility, right? He clings to the concept as he opens up the double doors onto a darkened courtyard so thick with shadows that his flashlight barely makes out the hedge rows and the odd bench that sit on the blood-smeared grassy expanse. A clock to his right dongs above him, ringing out the hour. Is it only nine o'clock? It feels so much later than that.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:12 am
by Garrett
Well this isn't the quadrangle, I begin thinking more calmly, having firmly pushed the fact the girl was a vicious killer into my head. I turn around and head back to the other double doors.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:21 am
by Laraqua
The corridor is an empty as before. It seems emptier now somehow.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:27 am
by Garrett
Where the fuck are those damn police?! I am completely calm now, with my gun raised I head for the next set of double doors.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:32 am
by Laraqua
The only other set of double doors leads into the lobby. There is a door behind the reception desk and one door on either end of the corridor.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:34 am
by Garrett
I go to the door on the other end of the corridor.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:55 am
by Laraqua
The door opens into another corridor that heads length-wise from this point in a T-intersection. To the left are two doors marked with Boy's Toilets and Girls' Toilets (in that order away from you) followed by a wall. Directly across from you is a door marked Teacher's Room. The flashlight dissipates into darkness to the right of you down the length of corridor - there are likely further rooms there.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:00 am
by Garrett
I head further right. Damn, you'd think the quadrangle would be easier to find, if I wasn't such a good fucking person I'd just scat and let the cops handle this. I thought sarcastically, well the quadrangle's downstairs and the shooters probably upstairs, then again there could be more then one staircase. I guess I'll just keep looking for the kids.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:11 am
by Laraqua
There's another two doors marked Teacher's Room that are close together and then another gap before there is yet another door marked Teacher's Room on the left and another door on the opposite side from that. On that other wall there are plenty of school posters, particularly of a number of school performances that were held at the local Artaud Theatre. To the left is a staircases that folds back on itself as it heads up to the floor above but its been blocked with wooden planks nailed into place with large, heavy nails to form a lattice that is too big for him to squeeze through. They feel firmly put into place. He'd need some kind of instrument to truly put it apart. He could use his gun but that would take a long time and would alert the shooters to his position even more than the first gun shot did. If he didn't get through soon after shooting, he'd be easily taken out from someone in the darkness of that stairwell.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:16 am
by Garrett
There are too many variables, there could be another staircase, he could be waiting in ambush, it's better I just keep looking for the quadrangle, I turn around and head for any the only path I haven't taken yet, the door near the lobby.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:27 am
by Laraqua
There is still the unmarked door opposite the stairs. Its unknown where that leads.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 6:10 pm
by Garrett
I head through it.

Posted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:49 pm
by Laraqua
There's another corridor with a door that heads into Storage, two sets of double doors set back into alcoves on either side of the corridor, and a third door on the left labeled Hall. There's a final door that likely leads to another corridor heading down toward the first one. As he reaches the midway point of the corridor and starts flashing the light back and forth to read the labels, he feels another tremor grumble below the ground and send up shivers and vibrations through his bones. As it settles, the door to the Storage room squeals on its hinges as it drifts open.

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:09 am
by Garrett
My gun darts up to the door in an instant. After a moment a slowly move closer, and look inside.

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:25 am
by Laraqua

The room isn't a store room at all! It seems to be some sort of hospital ward set up, disused and dirty, with a vague and sickly smell of pus, old blood, and necrotic flesh hanging on the air like a musty aroma. There are two plasma bags hung from some apparatus by the hospital bed and a photograph on the cabinet to the other side that looks similar to the tattooed teen that he had shot although without the tatts she looks to be around 11 or 12. A chair stands by the foot of the bed with an old and heavy tome sitting upon the cushion. The air is still and quiet here as though he had briefly walked into a tomb and as his flashlight darts around the interior he can hear the gentle strains of piano music coming from upstairs.

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:27 am
by Laraqua

The room isn't a store room at all! It seems to be some sort of hospital ward set up, disused and dirty, with a vague and sickly smell of pus, old blood, and necrotic flesh hanging on the air like a musty aroma. There are two plasma bags hung from some apparatus by the hospital bed and a photograph on the cabinet to the other side that looks similar to the tattooed teen that he had shot although without the tatts she looks to be around 11 or 12. A chair stands by the foot of the bed with an old and heavy tome sitting upon the cushion. The air is still and quiet here as though he had briefly walked into a tomb and as his flashlight darts around the interior he can hear the gentle strains of piano music coming from upstairs.

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:50 pm
by Garrett
What the hell is that nut doing now, and what the hell is this place? Oh well, at least that bastard isn't shooting people. "What the hell is this?" I ask nobody as I pick up the tome.

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:39 pm
by Laraqua
Show,there's no one else in that room. Think of that image of a man as representing you! Its hard to get Silent Hill pictures without a game character in the way.
The tome is quite heavy and has no label on the cover. It seems to be a book of parables guessing by a brief glance through it but it talks in terms of an important She and Her rather than He and His.

Posted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:14 pm
by Garrett
Oh whats all this crap? I began to think once again that I had gone insane, I wondered how much of what I saw was real. Katie was probably real, I wonder if I should just get back to her. Screw it, I walk off and continue to explore the building, checking the next room on my left.

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:50 am
by Laraqua
The next immediate door on the left is a set of double doors that lead into a rear foyer whose back door has been demolished. It looks like a small truck must've driven through it, judging by how the top of the building sags inward, but on closer inspection its revealed that there's a chasm that drops off into nothingness. Considering the way the floor of that foyer slumps downward, there's a good chance that at least part of this building is overhanging a void. His flashlight sweeps across the edge and he can make out the edge of a picture book that has caught on a twisted bit of metal that points somewhat upward at the edge of the expanse.

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:06 am
by Garrett
Well lets have a little looksee at this. I think, reaching for the book. I am now thoroughly convinced that I am hallucinating or insane, or both.

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:53 am
by Laraqua
It's a little disturbing creeping his way across the sloping section of the floor across cracked and damaged concrete not far from a yawning void. He slides down a little bit, his blood-stained sneakers catching against the lip of a raised chunk of concrete, and reaches down to pick up the story book. It looks like some child has scrawled all over it. There's some sort of picture of a child scrawled onto it and the words I WanT MY MoMMY written on it with red marker. His fingers grasp the book and he lifts it up moments before the world starts to shake and tremble and he hears the floor beneath him groan and begin to give way. He vaults back onto the safer sectionof the floor even as where he was standing crumbles away into the void.

The adrenaline pounding through his veins and the solid thumping of his heart suggests that maybe this wasn't a dream.

Maybe he really did almost die.

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:14 am
by Garrett
I took a deep breath and longed for my flask, after I calmed down I looked at the book again. Dammit this might be real and there might be kids in here in danger, I need to get my shit together. I think as I once again exit the room and enter the first one on my left I haven't already seen.

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:45 am
by Laraqua

Cole opens the door into some sort of cafeteria or hall and sees that he is no longer alone. In a room tiled in black and white squares, dominated by a massive clock telling the time, with no sign of the school tables and chairs where the students must have once sat, stands a dozen or so shadowy child-like figures of little girls with glowing red eyes. The beam of his flashlight darts across one of their blades and it gleams brightly under the beam.

Posted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:58 pm
by Garrett
In immediate instinct I jerk the gun up. Okay, I am definitely hallucinating, how much though? I can't shoot these kids they might be real. Or maybe their demons, maybe I'm in hell after all. I shake my head, one things for sure, I can't shoot these kids. "Hey there, are you girls okay? Its okay I'm with the police, I'm a good guy." I stammer out nervously, mentally I scoff, calling myself a good guy practically burned my mouth.

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:55 am
by Laraqua
The lead child takes a shaking, shuddering step forward and her head tilts sharply to one side. "Let's play a game," she says in a dull monotone that echoes strangely in the echoing hall.

The other children all take a shuddering step forward behind her. "Yes, lets."

The lead girl raises the knife to point at Cole in a slow and drawn out movement. "Will you play with us?"

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:55 pm
by Garrett
Demons? Kids? Hallucinations? Demons? Kids? Hallucinations? Demons? Kids? Hallucinations? Demons? Kids? Hallucinations? Dammit this is important which are they? Can I shoot them, should I run, what the hell do I do? I take a step back as the child steps forward and raise my gun, "What kind of game?" I stammer out.
OOC- I still have one bullet in my pistol right?

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:33 pm
by Laraqua
"Hide and seek," she says in that same eerie monotone. "We'll hide and you can seek. You have to find all eight of us and tell us how...." She waves her knife at him. "We'll see you in the school."
Show,yup.

Posted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:44 pm
by Garrett
The rampant thoughts bubbled out of my head through my mouth. "What are you?" I say as I squeeze my gun a little tighter, scared out of my wits.

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:03 am
by Laraqua
The children burst apart from their tight little group and run in multiple directions, thankfully, none head towards you. Instead they run into the walls and ... through them leaving no sign of their passing. The room is silent now and heavy with a palpable eerieness that leaves you certain that you are somehow still being watched.

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:05 am
by Garrett
I head back for the entrance I came into the building through, shaking and barely able to think.

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:50 am
by Laraqua
Cole goes back out into the corridor. Its easy to figure out that this building has likely got four interlinking corridors to form a square against that green square he'd seen earlier. He hasn't gone through one of those corridors yet - the one through the door closest to him. That one would be the shortest route back to the foyer but it would involve going down an unfamiliar corridor. Otherwise he could always double back past the boarded up stairwell and head through to the front doors that way.

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:52 am
by Garrett
I go through the quickest root.

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:07 am
by Laraqua
It's just another corridor but rushing down it quickly prevents him from figuring out too much about it ... which might be for the best. Soon he arrives back in the corridor that contains the reception desk and the nurse's station that flank the foyer. He heads through the foyer and to the front doors but there are now jagged and rusty bars that criss cross over the door, overlapping it and feeding back through holes in the walls and the floor. Touching the bars reveal that they are horribly sharp.

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:11 am
by Garrett
I squeeze my gun, I guess I have one way to figure out if I'm in hell or not. Fuck it, I'm gonna find one of those freaks and make it talk. I go back to sweeping the building.

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:40 am
by Laraqua
Cole turns around and heads back out into the school. He understands a little better the lay out of the school's ground floor although he only did a very cursory sweep of the two staircases (bottom right of the map) and saw that the stairs up and down were also boarded over. Where does he look first?

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:03 am
by Garrett
I do a sweep of the school, following along the right wall and checking every room.

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:09 am
by Laraqua
Cole has already checked inside the Infirmary. Will he check again?

Posted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:38 pm
by Garrett
yes

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:30 am
by Laraqua
The infirmary is how he left it. There cupboards, shelving, windows, single bed with a blood-spattered cloth curtain pulled around it that has recently been disturbed. There is a little girl's corpse still laying by the door where Cole dropped her. There is no sign of the teenager's corpse. Just a bloody smear that leads to the window.

Posted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:41 am
by Garrett
What the fuck? Oh whatever, nothing makes sense anymore, just keep moving. How the hell did the door even get sealed with the officer out front? She better not have died, Katie sure as hell can't fend for herself. I keep searching the building.

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:48 am
by Laraqua
There's a very long classroom with room for about 40 tables and chairs with two different doors out into the corridor. All of those little tables are turned toward the central student table, that is marked with graffitti, which gives the room a sense of judgement and hostility. There are twin pools of blood on either side of the chair and as his flashlight crosses the chair towards the blood, the light blurs across the shadow of a child slumped against the desk, but in a moment's flash it is gone. There's a teacher's desk on the other side, by the chalkboard, but the desk has been turned around so that it faces the chalkboard upon which is written nearly indecipherable maths questions of the sorts you might expect in a physics textbook.

Posted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:52 pm
by Garrett
I'm losing my fucking mind. I take a brief look around the room before leaving and continuing my sweep.

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 5:21 am
by Laraqua
There's a blood smeared razor blade lying on the floor beside the chair by that central most table. The central student table seems to be marked with a range of insults about how stupid and ugly that particular student was as well as wishes that they were all dead.

Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:34 pm
by Garrett
I pay little attention to these little details and continue sweeping the building.

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:27 am
by Laraqua
The next room along is another classroom - again with two doors that lead into the corridor. The chalkboard here has written over it in repetition: I WILL NOT SHOVE OTHER CHILDREN All the chairs and tables have been stacked up beneath the grimy windows on the right but the floor itself is covered in trash - paper torn from school books, juice cartons, and broken coloured pencils. Written on the pages and cartons and other such items in coloured pencil and black marker in a desperate scrawl are the words i cannot see There's a single blood-smeared pencil on the chalkboard where the chalk is normally kept and it has dripped blood down the wall.

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:33 am
by Garrett
What do you know, more crazy shit. I let out a frustrated groan and continue my sweep after having a look around.

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:19 am
by Laraqua
The next room is the Hall where those monstrous children were last seen. Does he really want to go in there? Otherwise there's the northmost corridor that he can get into through the left door.

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:44 pm
by Garrett
Don't panic, its good you reached the hall, your looking for those kids anyway. I think with a mental groan as I continue the sweep the building, going through the area where I saw the demon/hallucination/children things. As I walk through the hall I keep an especially sharp eye out.

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:10 am
by Laraqua
There are three children still within this hall though each of them has turned to face the wall, staring down as those the spot where the wall meets the floor is of vital significance to them. One of the children, a small boy, actually looks a bit like the child's corpse in the Infirmary although Cole didn't get a good look at him. There's also a six-year-old girl and an eleven-year-old boy. There's no sign of that tattooed early teen that Cole had killed, which is something at least.

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:38 am
by Garrett
"Alright, I don't know how much of what I'm seeing is real, but I'm in a 'fuck it' mood. So you guys are gonna answer a few questions, or I'm gonna test the effectiveness of bullets against ghosts-demon-children-whatever the fuck you are." I point my pistol at the oldest boy. "Question one, are there any real innocent children in this building?"

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:25 am
by Laraqua
The 11-year-old boy slowly raises his head to look at Cole as he approaches and the look on his face is positively pitiful and filled with such a degree of misery that it may even strike a chord in Cole's withered conscience. "How did I die? Why did I die? Do you know? Will you tell me?" He speaks in a voice choked with emotion. "Why was it me?"

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:39 pm
by Garrett
Okay I'm gonna go with ghosts, but that doesn't really eliminate the possibility I'm in hell. Wait, do kids go to hell? That would make God kind of a dick. Then again if there is a God I already know he's kind of a dick. I snap away from these thoughts telling myself there are more pressing issues. "No, I don't know, sorry." I mutter out unsympathetically to the young boy before turning to the next oldest looking child. "Alright, can you answer my question?"

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:47 am
by Laraqua
The older boy doggedly refuses to be rejected and as Cole turns to the next youngest boy whose head slowly rises and turns to look at Cole in response to his question, he takes a few faltering steps towards Cole.

"Why did I die?" asks the younger boy hesitantly. "I don't understand why it was me. Could you help me? Could you tell me why?"

As the younger boy speaks, the older boy speaks as well: "Don't you turn your back on me. I'm here. I matter."

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 1:57 am
by Garrett
Before I even thought I turned around. "Alright FINE! You know why you died you little pussy? Because this world, sucks! Because the people in it, suck! And because you submitted to those sucky people, you are fucking dead! And because you are fucking dead, no you don't matter! It's not my fault you were too weak to rise above this shitty world like I did!" I was thinking of the bloody razer and the table with the words on it. I don't know why but for some reason I was certain that at least one of them was the target of that abuse, the one who had presumably killed himself. But thats just my justification, honestly I probably said what I did because I was scared, frustrated and mad.

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:19 am
by Laraqua
The older boy tilted his head to one side. "I died because I was weak." He lowers his head. "I understand." Then he raises it again and looks Cole unflinchingly in the eye. "How did I die?"

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:30 pm
by Garrett
"You killed yourself, didn't you?" I said questioningly, stuttering I start again. "Look uh, sorry, I really don't know what happened to you. But maybe you do matter, because maybe you can help me. I'm not really sure whats real and whats not but I was told there were a lot of unguarded kids in here, and I'm pretty sure theres a really bad man in here with them. He has a gun, and if he finds them he'll probably kill them, so if you could tell me where they are, or better yet where he is you'd be helping me save their lives." I give him a pleading look, hoping things will finally solidify a little.

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:15 am
by Laraqua
"How did I kill myself?" the child asks again, as though that's the most important detail.

Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 9:23 pm
by Garrett
"You slit your wrists, or something with a bloody razer." I say irritated that my question was ignored.

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:03 am
by Laraqua
The older boy hung his head and went to crouch down facing the wall, head lowered, arms wrapped around knees which were drawn up tightly to his chest.

"Why did I die?" asks the younger boy more firmly, his gaze seeking out and trying to catch Cole's. "I don't understand why it was me. Could you help me? Could you tell me why?"

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:29 pm
by Garrett
With a groan I turn to the younger boy. "Look kid I'm sorry! I really am! And maybe I can help you but not now, not until I'm sure whats going on." I turn my attention to the older boy. "Okay I helped you now you help me, answer my fucking question; is the shooter real, and are there any re- living children in this building in danger?"

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 2:42 am
by Laraqua
The older boy simply stares despondently at the ground without responding.

The younger boy graps Cole's elbow in an iron grip. "How did I die?" he asks tonelessly, his gaze growing milky before Cole's very eyes. There's something about that gaze that draws him in with a sucking and eerie finality.

Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:09 pm
by Garrett
Once again losing my rationality I kick the older boy, hard. "ANSWER ME!"

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:04 am
by Laraqua
The older boy collapses on the floor as though in a faint before recollecting himself back into his initial position.

The younger boy's hand grips his elbow tighter. Its starting to hurt. "How did I die?" he repeats in his toneless and dead manner.

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:37 pm
by Garrett
"I DONT, FUCKING, KNOW!" I yell yanking my arm away and begining to walk away from him.

OOC-I'm not great at riddles, does Cole have a way of knowing how he died yet?

Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:10 pm
by Laraqua
Show,you didn't gather enough information so Cole wouldn't know either. Taking a look at the boy's corpse would give you some clues. The information is in the various rooms but now you know what you're looking for you can find it.

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:01 am
by Garrett
After I have a moment to put my thoughts together, I let out a frustrated groan. Well while I'm looking for this shooter and the kids I might as well keep an eye open for whatever killed these damn brats. Who knows, maybe their real.

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:40 am
by Laraqua
The younger boy takes a menacing step forward and something seems to glimmer in his hands, as though there were a sharp wire there, or something similar. His face is set in rage, teeth gritter, as he takes yet another step.

Posted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:50 pm
by Garrett
I point my gun at him angrily. "You wanna play it that way kid? Take another fucking step!"
-If he stops I go back to sweeping the school, picking up where I left off.
-If he does I fire and immediately draw my other gun.
Success 17 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3723108/
Success 6 damage http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3723111/

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 12:42 am
by Laraqua
The boy steps forward again and the bullet echoes in the silent confines of the room, tearing off a chunk of his lower jaw and shredding through his cheek. The boy takes another step, implacable.

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:03 am
by Garrett
Shit, saw that coming. Reallly hope this isn't a real kid I'm hallucinating over. I pull out the glock I scavenged from the police officer and blast away again, taking steps back to match his steps forward.
Success 49 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3723357/
6 damage http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3723358/
OOC-I'm rolling the d6 for the glock right? Also is the little girl still just sitting their?

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:16 am
by Laraqua
The little girl hasn't moved from her position. The older boy seems undisturbed by the gunshots. The little boy hits the floor, its head split open from the many bullets. As he collapses, an eerie siren wails that reminds him of old movies and tales of Nazi Germany. As the siren sings, the plaster begins to peel free from its moorings to reveal a steel skeleton of criss crossing girders and popes overlayed with steel mesh beyond which are the odd pinpoints of reddish light like the glare from over heated steel. The skin and flesh peel back and drift away into motes of oily ash and blackened meat to float away on the sudden breeze that kicks up through the location. Somewhere within the bowels of the building groans steel against steel coupled with the whush-whush of large fans pumping air throughout the location.

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:35 pm
by Garrett
Not a real kid, not a real kid, not a real kid. I chant mentally as I regain my breath. After I've had a moment to regain my composure I go back to sweeping the building, but avoid any children I see.

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:56 pm
by Laraqua
It seems the effect has spread to the entire school and as he walks across the steel mesh he can sweep his light through the gaps in the walls and see something moving in quick shadowy darts, and humanoid figures jiggle and dance in hovering positions like they're hung in the quadrangle that can be glimpsed through the metal walls to the left of you. There are no longer doors, simply rent and twisted gaps in the walls that you have to squeeze within. As he turns down the rearmost corridor, he can see two gaping holes where the double doors once led into the ante-chamber leading out (the exit being blocked with rubble) and the quadrangle itself. A quick glance into the quadrangle sees a dozen child-sized figures whose flesh have melted and run down their naked bodies as they kick and twist from thick steel cabling that wraps around their throats.

A multi-limbed creature of shadow and ash with long and sharp limbs darts across the steel mesh and, as he watches, its long limbs reverse toward some strange section of what he thought was the rear end which slowly produces a length of steel cabling. Smaller limbs on its hindquarters pluck at the steel cable, teasing it out, until its long enough for the larger limbs to take hold of it and loop it into a noose. Its hard to be sure if the creature has yet seen him.

Posted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:40 pm
by Garrett
Cole drops to a crouch and keeps his gun on the monster, ready to blast away if it comes at him aggressively.
Sneak success 14 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3728074/
gun success 45 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3728075/

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:10 am
by Laraqua
The creature doesn't seem to have noticed him and it trundles over to one of the hanging bodies instead and wraps the steel cabling around the body, pulling tightly so that the flesh bulges up and around the chain. The creature itself stands at least eight feet high and over a dozen feet long and that's with its multiple limbs gathered up and bunched around its body.

Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:23 am
by Garrett
I silently creep away, continuing my search while keeping an eye out for the creature.

Sneak success http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3735370/

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:56 am
by Laraqua
There's enough gaps between the metal refuse that now comprises the walls for Cole to pass it freely. It doesn't take long to walk around the corridors surrounding the monster-filled courtyard and see that all of the furniture was now either gone or assimilated into the walls. If earlier moments felt unreal, this was like walking through an impossible nightmare. This place couldn't exist. It certainly wasn't the school. The air was warm and humid and it stank of clotted blood and adrenaline-laced fear. There was a sense to this place like it had witnessed a 1000 murders and was waiting for a 1000 more.

There seemed to be no way of getting out of this place. There are no windows nor doorways out. In fact, when he moves to the outer wall and peers through the gaps all he can see is a void. When he peers in the gaps between the hunks of mesh that cover the pipes and girders beneath his feet, he can see an eerie heated glow and nothing more. It is as though there is nothing beyond this building. As though he is trapped, isolated, within this school. There is no sign of the dead students nor clues as to their death.

There are two sets of stairs that go up and one that goes down.

Posted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:12 am
by Garrett
I stare through a hole and into the void without expression, far beyond fear. Even if I find an exit I won't get out. "No way out." I mutter almost inaudibly, the words kept ringing in my ears over an over again. No way out, no way out, no way out. I grip my gun a little tighter, then look into the barrel for a moment before leaning down so that it presses against my forehead. One way out. To be your own man you have to choose, you can't let any rule over you. You always have a choice, even in a situation like this I had a choice, I could choose to die. And I did. That's why there was no hesitance when I pulled that trigger, I wouldn't let whatever was doing this control me like this, I wasn't anyone's toy. I was in control.
"I AM IN CONTROL!" I screamed to whatever twisted God is doing this to me, and with those last words, I pulled the trigger.

Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:58 am
by Laraqua
As his finger pulls on the trigger there's a sudden whoosh of an object through air and a whump as something crashes down against the back of the head. He starts to turn, pain flowering across his skull, in time to see the pole and glimpse a woman's hand as the pole arcs down again. Too dazed from the first blow to react, the pole strikes again and as he reels backwards he feels the darkness come over him as he slips into unconsciousness.