CHAPTER ONE: Walter and Emily's Journey: Entrapment

Herein you will find the earlier chapters of those unlucky enough to visit the quaint little tourist town with a weight in their hearts.

Moderator: Laraqua

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Re: Walter and Emily's Journey: Entrapment

Post by Kadael »

"Walter, I don't think they're, uh, fucking." Emily blinks - wow, what a sentence that would be, taken out of context. She backs up against the wall, away from the window. "Maybe they're stuck like us, and heard us talking."

"Don't look at it." She has a feeling about that television. There's something wrong. "And don't listen either." She looks around for the remote to see if she can turn it off.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Laraqua »

The remote is right where they left it. It's easy enough to grab it and turn off the television set.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Post by Seon »

"I was being sarcastic" Walter said as Emily turned off the TV. "Sooo... Why are there noises outside the window again?"
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"I wasn't talking about the Ring," Emily says, resisting the urge to roll her eyes. "I know this might sound crazy, but... there was something in the static. It made me remember things, but now I can't recall... almost like a dream."

"I don't know. Are you volunteering to go look?"
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Nope." .avi
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"Okay, well, fine." Emily crosses her arms and stares down at her feet.

None of this is what she expected.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

It seems there is very little to do but wait.
Show,Any problem with a time jump?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

Walter sighed. "You know what? I'll go take a look."

He came out from behind the bed and walked to the window.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Pulling back the curtains, he can see the swirling mists and not much more. Angling his head just so, he can vaguely make out the brickwork across the walls and a window further along. He can't see much else.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Nothing." Walter muttered, turning towards Emily. "Nothing but creepy mists and such. Must have all been my imagination. No giant monsters hanging on the wall. Nobody jumped off the roof of the building with a rope around his neck. Nope. Nothing at all."

"We are goig crazy, aren't we?"
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Emily laughs nervously. "Maybe this is a dream after all, huh?"
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Yeah," Walter said nervously. "In cheap horror movies, this is about the time when a monster leaps through a window and grabs a guy and rips him apart too."

He took a few steps away from the window.

"Just making sure."
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"It'd have to be a pretty strong monster to get through these windows." Emily relaxes a little. Talking about horror stories is, bizarre as it may seem, a small comfort. "Besides, the minority always dies first. I'm pretty sure that's me."
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"No, I'm sure that horror movies need a chick to survive to the very end. That leaves me," Walter shrugged. "Why are we talking about this again? We aren't in some third rate horror story, are we?"
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Emily cocks her head. "Better than sitting around, twiddling our thumbs, right?"
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"I suppose. Don't you hate how in most horror movies, having sex is also a big taboo thing that happens right before the couple dies? It's like the authors are saying 'herp derp you've done your thing with the fanservice and all, now you gotta die for advancing the nonexistent plot.'"
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"Well, I... how does that advance the plot at all?" She folds her arms, vaguely flustered. "But yeah... a lot of people have moral issues with sex. I guess the writers think it's karmic?"
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Half the time, I think it's just the writers taking out their frustration on a sexually active couple," Walter shrugged.

"But yeah, I think Karma is the most widely accepted reason."
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"Oh, you can't say writers don't have sex lives. I mean..." Emily bites her lip, twirling a strand of hair around one finger. Did she really just say that? "...yeah."
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Oh you have no idea," Walter chuckled. "Hell, one time at Sidney, this crazy lady just went under my table and..."

Return to “Earlier Chapters”