CHAPTER ONE: Walter and Emily's Journey: Entrapment

Herein you will find the earlier chapters of those unlucky enough to visit the quaint little tourist town with a weight in their hearts.

Moderator: Laraqua

Seon
Disciple
Disciple
Registered for: 12 years 7 months

Re: Walter and Emily's Journey: Entrapment

Post by Seon »

"Do you have anyone else that you could call? Do you know Travis's phone number?"
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper
Registered for: 12 years 8 months

Post by Kadael »

"He gave it to me last night before he left, but my phone died." She gets up and retrieves her purse, pressing buttons to try and turn her phone on.
OOC,Any way I can roll for remembering?
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Registered for: 17 years 9 months

Post by Laraqua »

Her mobile phone turns on with a beep.
Show,a Know Roll would be appropriate here.
Is it bad that I listen to this about ten times a day?

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"Yes, really," Emily sighs, looking at her phone. "It was dead when I woke up, I swear."

She thumbs through her contacts, looking for Travis's number.
I'm a smooth criminal and a neurotic lawyer with a crush on a pretty-boy author, and I'm being controlled by my creepy older brother (twice!) while I worry about not having a can opener.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

She finds Travis' number not far below Principal Ross' number. Man, this is meant to be a work day.

Oh, also, check out my new blog on roleplaying and running games: http://stwildonroleplaying.blogspot.com/
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

Emily presses the call button and puts the phone to her ear, tapping her foot as she waits.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The phone picks up on the other end. "Hello?" Travis' voice.

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"Travis? Hello? Can you hear me?" She says this with a wary glance at the hotel phone, biting her lip.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

"Emily!" exclaims Travis. "Are you okay? The children have been worried about you..I'm glad to hear your voice."

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Quick!" Walter said. "Tell him to come get us. I bet a fire axe can cut right through these doors."
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"We're locked in the hotel room," she explains, "but we're okay in the sense that we're not hurt. Can you come back? With something that can break through a chained-up door." Emily nods at Walter.
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

You can hear Travis's attempts to stay calm while replying.

"Emily, I tried to come by earlier.....I'll be there again as soon as I can."

Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"Thank you so much." Emily is blissfully unaware of any interference that may have happened on his end. "We're not going anywhere. Goodbye."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

The mobile phone disconnects. He must've hung up.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Well, now what?" Walter asked.

"Screw it. I'm going to see what's on the TV."
Kadael
Keeper
Keeper

Post by Kadael »

"We wait, I guess." Emily frowns, shuffling her feet.

She's locked in a hotel room with Walter Desmond. Walter Desmond. There's an ample supply of both alcohol and condoms. Nobody outside can hear them. It's like every teenage schoolgirl's fantasy coupled with a dose of harsh reality. Really, she'd rather be just about anywhere else.

"Uh..." Emily wrinkles her brow, trying to remember what happened last night. Something about her father, right? "I don't think it works. All I got last night was static."
Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Really," Walter said, raising an eyebrow. "Service really is terrible here. Who the hell owns this place anyways?"

He threw himself on the bed and, upon finding something hard on the back, shifted aside to reveal the box of condoms that he found earlier. He threw that away onto the floor.

"Ah hell," he mumbled. "News is probably filled with stories of sexually frustrated adults being narrated by equally sexually frustrated anchors anyways."
Laraqua
Son of Yog-Sothoth
Son of Yog-Sothoth

Post by Laraqua »

Something thumps rhythmically against the wall behind the bed frame. For a moment, it almost sounds like the next door neighbours are just punctuating his words with erotic movements, but then the thumps seem to draw apart and the sounds are as heavy each time, calculated rather than frenzied and passionate. As though someone were purposefully banging something against the wall. The sound then transfers down the side of the wall, a few easy paces at a time, until it rounds the corner and sounds out against the wall by the window, rattling the glass in its frame. Then nothing. Silence. The television turns on ... but it shows only static. Funny, it should be more modern than that. It should show merely a blue screen.

Seon
Disciple
Disciple

Post by Seon »

"Speaking of sexually frustrated..." Walter muttered, jumping off the bed and then taking cover from the window behind it.

"So it seems that we are chained to our room. The windows are made of bulletproof material. And finally our neighbors are fucking a freaking building. Oh, and the TV turns on by itself freaking Ring style. You didn't happen to watch a creepy video 7 days ago, right?"

Return to “Earlier Chapters”